Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magplar PvP

• ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I tried the Hist Sap set briefly last night and while the heal is nice when it works (3.5+k tooltip on Argonian wearing HA lulz) it's too situational for me--amazing against, say, a magDK but virtually useless against bursty specs like stam NBs and magsorcs. I was unlucky enough to get into a fight v. 3 stam NB gankers wearing this set and I really wished I had something like Overwhelming Surge or another defensive set on. -_-

I'm planning on giving this set another go this weekend but idk.

Now I kind of want to try the new Crest of Cyrodil. Yeah, it's redundant with BoL but the idea of a free BoL every 5 seconds kind of nice.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    So I tried the Hist Sap set briefly last night and while the heal is nice when it works (3.5+k tooltip on Argonian wearing HA lulz) it's too situational for me--amazing against, say, a magDK but virtually useless against bursty specs like stam NBs and magsorcs. I was unlucky enough to get into a fight v. 3 stam NB gankers wearing this set and I really wished I had something like Overwhelming Surge or another defensive set on. -_-

I'm planning on giving this set another go this weekend but idk.

Now I kind of want to try the new Crest of Cyrodil. Yeah, it's redundant with BoL but the idea of a free BoL every 5 seconds kind of nice.

I've came to about the same conclusion but when that set is procing for an entire fight you really are almost in God mode its great
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Definitely can see restoring rune over channeled with all the recovery buffs your sets give you + witchmothers. And atro mundus or something else?

atro, tri food, ele drain and tri pots is what I am using. I am imperial though, so the health/stam boosts work great with shackle/tri food.

Edit:
    here's the info. Ultimates can swap around for what you need (like adding dawnbreaker over beserker rage for the stun). If you use spell power pots, can swap degeneration for inner light for extra max mag. Can also swap around vamps bane with degeration if you have a race with max mag stats.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=49583

How do you make effective use of jabs without a gap-closer? I really love jabs.. But I dont rly have a slot for a gap-closer, and that makes it hard to hit. Even running at them with FM or Mist form isn't really enough. Or do you mainly use your other skills, and then jabs if they go close?
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely can see restoring rune over channeled with all the recovery buffs your sets give you + witchmothers. And atro mundus or something else?

atro, tri food, ele drain and tri pots is what I am using. I am imperial though, so the health/stam boosts work great with shackle/tri food.

Edit:
    here's the info. Ultimates can swap around for what you need (like adding dawnbreaker over beserker rage for the stun). If you use spell power pots, can swap degeneration for inner light for extra max mag. Can also swap around vamps bane with degeration if you have a race with max mag stats.

How does Imperial get you 19K stam?

Edit: nevermind. I'm getting almost 17K on a Nord wo/ Shackle.

Wrobel take note: we are all using Total Dark bc/ we'd rather play Russian Roulette than use Unstable Unspectacular Core.
    Edited by Joy_Division on September 7, 2018 11:49PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Edit:

How do you make effective use of jabs without a gap-closer? I really love jabs.. But I dont rly have a slot for a gap-closer, and that makes it hard to hit. Even running at them with FM or Mist form isn't really enough. Or do you mainly use your other skills, and then jabs if they go close?

Swift, channeled acceleration/race against time or speed pots
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 8, 2018 12:27AM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit:

Speed pots and repositioning.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit:

Wrobel take note: we are all using Total Dark bc/ we'd rather play Russian Roulette than use Unstable Unspectacular Core.

Yea shackle. I'd love to drop my stamina a bit to recoup some max mag but I'll need to play around to see how to not drop my health.

Even TD is crappy. I tried to cast it on some immovable pot players and we all know how that goes (or rather doesn't because you can't cast jack). At least DK's fossilize immediately immobilzes after an actual stun lol.

- Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How useful is Purifying Light for solo magplars? I've used it for as long as I've played my magplar in PvP but I've been having second thoughts about it, especially now that the Jesus beam looks pretty useful this patch. Any thoughts?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How useful is Purifying Light for solo magplars? I've used it for as long as I've played my magplar in PvP but I've been having second thoughts about it, especially now that the Jesus beam looks pretty useful this patch. Any thoughts?

cast it on 2 targets, you'll get 2 separate hots that stack and heal you if you are constantly around that target.

Edit:

Yea shackle. I'd love to drop my stamina a bit to recoup some max mag but I'll need to play around to see how to not drop my health.

Even TD is crappy. I tried to cast it on some immovable pot players and we all know how that goes (or rather doesn't because you can't cast jack). At least DK's fossilize immediately immobilzes after an actual stun lol.

Tried other setups, but even with 19k stamina, there is no way to drop the stamina unless I roll witch mothers. But since I am not vamp, I definitely don't think that extra stamina is wasted.

Shifted my original build to drop pirate skeleton for grothdarr (or any offensive set honestly it's flex here), 2pc Willpower 2h sword nirn front bar swapped total dark for unstable core due to increased amount of immovable pots at the competitive level, rolled channeled focus, swapped mundas to apprentice and then shifted around skills to include inner light with degeneration while using cheap lingering speed pots. Typically 36-40k mag with 3k SD before beserker procs.

Link:
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭

cast it on 2 targets, you'll get 2 separate hots that stack and heal you if you are constantly around that target.

Edit:

Tried other setups, but even with 19k stamina, there is no way to drop the stamina unless I roll witch mothers. But since I am not vamp, I definitely don't think that extra stamina is wasted.

Shifted my original build to drop pirate skeleton for grothdarr (or any offensive set honestly it's flex here), 2pc Willpower 2h sword nirn front bar swapped total dark for unstable core due to increased amount of immovable pots at the competitive level, rolled channeled focus, swapped mundas to apprentice and then shifted around skills to include inner light with degeneration while using cheap lingering speed pots. Typically 36-40k mag with 3k SD before beserker procs.

Link:

Why not trans on the front bar too? Do you use Willpower primarily for the extra damage boost? I am probably asking the obvious here but just want to make sure. Thanks!
    @ElizabethInTamriel; @ElizabethInESO
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit:

Link:

Why not trans on the front bar too? Do you use Willpower primarily for the extra damage boost? I am probably asking the obvious here but just want to make sure. Thanks!

trans is never needed front bar. you only gain spell crit and the same 5pc bonus that procs instantly when you swap to your bar for the heal.

Otherwise willpower gives you 1400 max mag which is about a 133 SD increase except also buffs your purfying light dmg cap in addition to giving you extra resource pool to cast. I don't have arena weapons and hate staff so willpower works fine here.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Minno
    @ElizabethInTamriel; @ElizabethInESO
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to add on to Minno’s response: Purifying Light could proc transmutation front bar but extended ritual is a much easier and reliable way to do it which is typically on the back bar.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to add on to Minno’s response: Purifying Light could proc transmutation front bar but extended ritual is a much easier and reliable way to do it which is typically on the back bar.

Good one!

Any HOT will do really. You only want to bar swap to get the bonus and then pop back when you need to kill.

I think I have 4300 crit resists, which is a 63% reduction on your enemy's crit dmg modifer, in a game where 70-80% is increasingly becoming the norm. That alone is enough defense especially since in PVP we all get a free 50% dmg reduction making most mitigation sets less effective, but crit resists are always good to stack to lower your enemies crit chance.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only run Purifying on ranged builds or in groups. I started to feel like it made my offense too predictable
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 10, 2018 9:21PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    I only run Purifying on ranged builds or in groups

interesting. What do you run instead?
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only run Purifying on ranged builds or in groups
    Care to expand on this? Is it because of how bad sweeps are DPS-wise?
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps because purifying light is a clunky ability. I use it to finish off enemies since I don’t use beam
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps because purifying light is a clunky ability. I use it to finish off enemies since I don’t use beam

That is my understanding. The other is lexy is rolling staves and has access to a different setup than us sword-cousins.

If you use grothdarr, and can stick around your target, you probably won't need to do much to add into purying light either.
    If only grothdarr snared ;)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is my understanding. The other is lexy is rolling staves and has access to a different setup than us sword-cousins.

If you use grothdarr, and can stick around your target, you probably won't need to do much to add into purying light either.

Id argue that grothdar synergizes more with purifying light than skoria because the proc is more controllable and because of the sustained damage.

In open world my front bar is a staff. Sweeps, reflective light, skoria, overwhelming , woe and proxy is where my damage is coming from. Grothdar is better but in open world you need the burst of skoria to kill certain people.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Id argue that grothdar synergizes more with purifying light than skoria because the proc is more controllable and because of the sustained damage.

In open world my front bar is a staff. Sweeps, reflective light, skoria, overwhelming , woe and proxy is where my damage is coming from. Grothdar is better but in open world you need the burst of skoria to kill certain people.

yea like the EP 66k health templar that does nothing but heal using drain lol

Edit:
    Want to fit prox det as well. Thanks for the tip on swapping purfying light with it!
    Edited by Minno on September 10, 2018 10:06PM
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In the small groups I play with (2-6) I tend to let the melee fighters go in while I’m a little behind to help maintain heals and such. I play ranged magplar so purifying light is nice in those situations.

I can see in a 1v1 it kind of telegraphs where you want to focus your damage. If you about to line up your burst following purifying then it helps to have an immov pot active because if they’re any good they’re going to try to cc during the 6 second window and throw you off.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, on a melee setup I’m generally gearing for AoE damage since being in melee range tends to end up with enemies piling up. Purifying Light is less useful when you’re seriously outnumbered and don’t have big ranged damage since you can’t fill it’s damage as easily by just applying lots of DoTs at range. It also is a big warning to CC you, when outnumbered it only takes 1 smart player to see that big beam from the sky and know that CC’ing you is going to make you reset.

It’s just too easy to mitigate against melee builds. Builds that don’t use sweeps get a lot more weave damage and usually have more DoTs as well, this makes it harder to neutralize PL, there’s always a good bit of outgoing damage whereas you can just kite sweeps and CC and the PL explosion won’t be threatening.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 10, 2018 10:20PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yea like the EP 66k health templar that does nothing but heal using drain lol

Edit:
    Want to fit prox det as well. Thanks for the tip on swapping purfying light with it!

Proxy det is still pretty good, it’s so uncommon that people sit in the red until it goes pop.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, on a melee setup I’m generally gearing for AoE damage since being in melee range tends to end up with enemies piling up. Purifying Light is less useful when you’re seriously outnumbered and don’t have big ranged damage since you can’t fill it’s damage as easily by just applying lots of DoTs at range. It also is a big warning to CC you, when outnumbered it only takes 1 smart player to see that big beam from the sky and know that CC’ing you is going to make you reset.

It’s just too easy to mitigate against melee builds. Builds that don’t use sweeps get a lot more weave damage and usually have more DoTs as well, this makes it harder to neutralize PL, there’s always a good bit of outgoing damage whereas you can just kite sweeps and CC and the PL explosion won’t be threatening.

Cool Thanks! Need to modernize my magplar bars now!
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, with sweeps you may have a target in your mind, but that has to change if some idiot is sitting in your damage while your chosen target isn’t.

It’s much harder to deal with sorcs, but I don’t run a gap closer so I can only kill a Mag sorc on a melee build if they’re willing to stay in range.

It’s bread and butter for small group and ranged Magplar though
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 10, 2018 10:47PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, with sweeps you may have a target in your mind, but that has to change if some idiot is sitting in your damage while your chosen target isn’t.

Well im tired of playing with a telegraph burst. This makes sense in a way, especially if I have access to WOE or prox det for fighting more than 1 target.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well im tired of playing with a telegraph burst. This makes sense in a way, especially if I have access to WOE or prox det for fighting more than 1 target.

I’m playing around with meditate, race against time, swift on 2h builds. I haven’t found one I love but I’m thinking Alch+Julianos+Balorgh(VMA resto back bar?), kite and get the burst off quick then kite and meditate.

I just think swift and balorgh have such great synergy, you actually get nice benefits from setting up fights and using LoS/positioning to get into good situations and then ulti dump.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only run Purifying on ranged builds or in groups. I started to feel like it made my offense too predictable

Exactly why I never got into using it that much. It's extremely predictable.

Also I want to thank you for showing me the amber+shackle light, i decided to try it out, and man its so good. I'm currently working on farming amber weapons to use in a heavy armor version.
    Edited by Akinos on September 10, 2018 11:36PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, Purifying Light is almost indispensable; it's arguably a Magplars best ability as pertains execution...

The only builds I have that doesn't include Purifying are the ones where I am going 'all in' on Devouring Swarm and getting the tool tip to 6k+...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on September 11, 2018 12:05AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s