Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Synozeer wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Syiccal wrote: »
    I can't get on with staffs In PvP, I find the light att animation getting stuck and heavy attacking instead , and I'm not a fan of being forced to run a destro ability on an already crowded bar.
    This leave me with dw/s+b or dw/resto and I can't currently make my mind up on this as they both have thier pros and cons

Why DW over 2h?

Also nirn + sharpened.

I mean, I think snare removal and not being tied to vamp/mist form and the 100 or so extra spell damage is better, but that’s just me I guess

Mist form is life. If you're not running Mistform, then you need to supplement with snare/root immunity, damage reduction, and Major Expedition. But if you're specifically looking to build with Forward Momentum (which I have done in the past and might try again), then 2H would be the way to go, although you have choices to run it front bar or back bar.

But with FM you have to build less sustain since you’re not having gaps in magika regen every time you need to reposition. And you can still offer group support while mobile.

In general I think it’s just a preference thing.
    Options
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't get on with staffs In PvP, I find the light att animation getting stuck and heavy attacking instead , and I'm not a fan of being forced to run a destro ability on an already crowded bar.
    This leave me with dw/s+b or dw/resto and I can't currently make my mind up on this as they both have thier pros and cons

Why DW over 2h?

Also nirn + sharpened.

I mean, I think snare removal and not being tied to vamp/mist form and the 100 or so extra spell damage is better, but that’s just me I guess

Mist form is life. If you're not running Mistform, then you need to supplement with snare/root immunity, damage reduction, and Major Expedition. But if you're specifically looking to build with Forward Momentum (which I have done in the past and might try again), then 2H would be the way to go, although you have choices to run it front bar or back bar.

But with FM you have to build less sustain since you’re not having gaps in magika regen every time you need to reposition. And you can still offer group support while mobile.

In general I think it’s just a preference thing.

Agreed, both are valid and doable. You can even use both. But I feel without Mistform, you're going to die a lot more when outnumbered.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any one got a good build that doesn't use shacklebreaker but still has a decent amount of stam?

I've paired just about everything with shackle thus far to pretty good results but I just want to try something new.

Use 7x tri glyphs, that will give you more stam than Shackle alone. It’s not an apples to apples comparison but still the point stands that tri glyphs are very solid and offer ~50% more resources than single stat

Axiom is a similarly versatile set but yeah, always at least do your large armor pieces tristat. Or go for sustain and tristat food.

Axiom(and war maiden since you mentioned it earlier) give a good bit less overall damage on Destro builds since weaving is a large portion of your damage and both reach and WoE are strong contenders for bar slots and also won’t benefit from them.(Maiden also doesn’t boost vamps bane/reflective light). Julianos is vastly superior and despite lower damage stats will yield far more overall pressure.

No I wouldn't suggest it for a destro build. I've been running Pirate/Axiom/Maiden on a light armor melee build. Solid damage, passable heals, even started using Nova due to the added pressure.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m debating working in Prisoners with a 2h build maybe paired with shackle breaker and dodge roll and sprint around with swift on an Argonian magplar but would be without a defense set I think as everything else will be damage stack. Just to try a more mobile play style. Had a similar thought in the past to use cowards but you don’t get the majicka sustain on it or not reduced sprint cost. Swift and the Psiijic skill lines were not available either
    Options
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impreg / Axiom / Grothdarr for a melee build? I've been playing with double staves for a while, and I kinda wanna get melee again. It was fun a while back. Tempted to go with a couple of sturdy pieces, triune jewellery, or 1x Triune, 2x Swift. (Not quite sure how many Swift is needed. Since I'll be running mist form anyway).

Still think I wanna run destro staff for elemental drain, but not sure if I wanna run dual wield or resto staff as my secondary.

Thoughts ;_;? Or did Impreg fall out of favour for e.g. Transmutation? ;~; Trans/Axiom/Grothdarr?
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
    Options
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impreg / Axiom / Grothdarr for a melee build? I've been playing with double staves for a while, and I kinda wanna get melee again. It was fun a while back. Tempted to go with a couple of sturdy pieces, triune jewellery, or 1x Triune, 2x Swift. (Not quite sure how many Swift is needed. Since I'll be running mist form anyway).

Still think I wanna run destro staff for elemental drain, but not sure if I wanna run dual wield or resto staff as my secondary.

Thoughts ;_;? Or did Impreg fall out of favour for e.g. Transmutation? ;~; Trans/Axiom/Grothdarr?

Ice staff backbar with ele drain, then you can go dual wield or 2h frontbar.
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think I would recommend Impregnable simply because a good magplar doesn't need that much defense. Transmutation gives you a lot more mag regen and group utility. Go with that and, as Lexy pointed out, maybe Julianos with destro/resto.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I’m debating working in Prisoners with a 2h build maybe paired with shackle breaker and dodge roll and sprint around with swift on an Argonian magplar but would be without a defense set I think as everything else will be damage stack. Just to try a more mobile play style. Had a similar thought in the past to use cowards but you don’t get the majicka sustain on it or not reduced sprint cost. Swift and the Psiijic skill lines were not available either

You can't do both Sprint/dodge roll. If you trade a 5pc set for prisoners, you'll lose an offensive/defensive 5pc you might need. And I love prisoners. Fire/Ice staff heavy attack+Prisoner Sprint = 1000+3000 = 4000 (might be more if the HA connects and you have an extra second or two of travel time.).

Just find a way to add race against time; you'll get minor force. And then let's you run something offensive or double defenses.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Can see this working on a unique speedy build. Probably should run swift and speed pots(ones with major endurance) have meditate on your bar. Accelerate would be good but redundant since you’d have major expedition already but good for reduced sprint cost. Run all tri glyphs with snb/+resto/2h or destro/snb. Snb is really good for maintaining stam. Try to get Stam Regen over 1000 so a set like bloodspawn would be nice.
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried a magicka Prisoner's build. It was pretty bad.
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

I did a magsorc build with prisoners ... It's was great ... But squishy ...

I find prisoners works on magsorc and and mageblade best ...

I even went orc for *** n giggles
    Options
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheDoomsdayMonster Boy that specters eye sure hurts, your build is so op that you couldn't kill a medium armor target fighting a district boss solo with a soul assault...

Turns out mist form doesn't do much damage. I recommend putting more damage in that build. It hits like a wet noodle.
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister_DMC wrote: »
    @TheDoomsdayMonster Boy that specters eye sure hurts, your build is so op that you couldn't kill a medium armor target fighting a district boss solo with a soul assault...

Turns out mist form doesn't do much damage. I recommend putting more damage in that build. It hits like a wet noodle.

The only thing that saved you was that yellow nightblade that showed up...

You were a dead man otherwise; you were at deaths door when he showed up...

Another yellow came to your rescue as well, but i didnt get a chance to see what class it was...

;)
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on September 13, 2018 7:09PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheDoomsdayMonster Might as well call that a gankplar
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister_DMC wrote: »
    @TheDoomsdayMonster Might as well call that a gankplar

I'm not sure what to call it honestly; that build features 3 defensive sets and excellent mobility, but only bare-bones damage output...

Its probably closer to a support build than anything...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

it was better when you could hold shift anytime you wanted to get the regen. And even then it was niche, but basically a mobile meditate.

But players complained and got it included with the cowards fix lol. Overnerfed the set ; now it's for nightblade wearwolves or stam sorcs lol
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is every ones views on heavy or light armour at present in wolfhunter,?
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    what is every ones views on heavy or light armour at present in wolfhunter,?

Traditional Magplar builds: Heavy
    Swift+2h builds: Light
    Options
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Ariades_swe on September 13, 2018 10:19PM
    Options
  • DraxisESO
    DraxisESO
    Soul Shriven
    I play 45 days and still eager to learn about Magplar in PvP. I'm looking builds on eso build editor and I'm trying on pts.I made a new build and I want to use it when my cp is done.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=86162

I'm undecided about jewelry and second sword trait. Do I have to make my jewelry 2x swift 1x infused? and my second sword trait infused or sharpened ? maybe precise for more crit.

If you can comment on the build, I can learn a lot more. I especially need help with skill bars and cp because I have never tested them before.

Options
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DraxisESO wrote: »
    I play 45 days and still eager to learn about Magplar in PvP. I'm looking builds on eso build editor and I'm trying on pts.I made a new build and I want to use it when my cp is done.

I'm undecided about jewelry and second sword trait. Do I have to make my jewelry 2x swift 1x infused? and my second sword trait infused or sharpened ? maybe precise for more crit.

If you can comment on the build, I can learn a lot more. I especially need help with skill bars and cp because I have never tested them before.

You definitely will need some swift on that build and lot of obstacles to go behind, otherwise you will die a lot without mistform or any sort of speed. I recommend using mistform instead of inner light on your backbar to be able to reposition without taking too much damage. Your crit will not drop, since you also get major prophecy from casting vampires bane. But in the case you go for mistform, I recommend going for more magicka regen.

For the bar setup, I would swap puryfying light with toppling charge. It does not matter on which bar puryfying light is, but when you charge an enemy, you will have some problems to swap bars to go into sweeps. If you do not have to barswap, then there is much more fluidity.

You could use witchmother's potent brew to make up for lacking regen (in the case of using mistform).
    Options
  • DraxisESO
    DraxisESO
    Soul Shriven
    Checkmath wrote: »

You definitely will need some swift on that build and lot of obstacles to go behind, otherwise you will die a lot without mistform or any sort of speed. I recommend using mistform instead of inner light on your backbar to be able to reposition without taking too much damage. Your crit will not drop, since you also get major prophecy from casting vampires bane. But in the case you go for mistform, I recommend going for more magicka regen.

For the bar setup, I would swap puryfying light with toppling charge. It does not matter on which bar puryfying light is, but when you charge an enemy, you will have some problems to swap bars to go into sweeps. If you do not have to barswap, then there is much more fluidity.

You could use witchmother's potent brew to make up for lacking regen (in the case of using mistform).

I totally forgot about the mist form. I changed my bars and I added mist form. looks better now. I changed my jewelry trait also 2x swift 1x infused right now.

I use triple stat food to keep my stamina high. I have not yet experienced on Vivec because I have 550 cp right now but the videos I watch are also playing roll dodge focused instead of block. so I tried to keep my stamina + stam regen high. my set full impenetrable trait and I used sturdy trait only my shield. I tried to set cp for this reason also. I do not know if it will work, but I can not wait to try. Thank you so much for your comment.
    Options
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I totally forgot about the mist form. I changed my bars and I added mist form. looks better now. I changed my jewelry trait also 2x swift 1x infused right now.

I use triple stat food to keep my stamina high. I have not yet experienced on Vivec because I have 550 cp right now but the videos I watch are also playing roll dodge focused instead of block. so I tried to keep my stamina + stam regen high. my set full impenetrable trait and I used sturdy trait only my shield. I tried to set cp for this reason also. I do not know if it will work, but I can not wait to try. Thank you so much for your comment.

just a small reminder, that mistform will cut off your magicka regen. tehrefore your magicka might get low from time to time when using a lot of mistform.
    Options
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    To save new thread space I'll ask here.

I wanted to try magplar pvp and I have a *** for malubeth, would it fit into any build? Or Zaan/Skoria is da wei?
    Other sets I've been wanting to try were transmutation, shacklebreaker, cyrodil's light, overwhelimg surge and innate axiom.
    Playstyle - wise im thinking 5 heavy and swift jewels with jabs and destro (for ele drain) coupled with SnB?
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the good thing about magplar is they are versatile and you can play them just about any way you want. all those sets you mentioned work well
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    daemonor wrote: »
    To save new thread space I'll ask here.

I wanted to try magplar pvp and I have a *** for malubeth, would it fit into any build? Or Zaan/Skoria is da wei?
    Other sets I've been wanting to try were transmutation, shacklebreaker, cyrodil's light, overwhelimg surge and innate axiom.
    Playstyle - wise im thinking 5 heavy and swift jewels with jabs and destro (for ele drain) coupled with SnB?

Imo, Balorgh is BiS for Magplar offense. It’s hard to go from defense to offense traditionally so it’s not uncommon to have 300+ ult by the time you’re ready to use an offensive ult.
    Options
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    A build that’s fun and different I feel some should try is:
    5 shacklebreaker body light
    5 spell power cure (jewelry and sword and board backbar or however you match it)
    1 grothdarr (or whatever max mag one piece you got perfect trait)
    1 domihaus (puts us about 15k ish stam so we can run witchmothers or blue max food)
    1 willpower Lightning infused (I prefer this because I love blockade on my magplar)
    Run this with 5l 1m 1h and it’s a cool build to play around with if you got sets laying around. Only downside you run mage light, entropy, and meteor front bar. I drop vamps bane because I get the crit elsewhere. It’s a build pushing mag magic so I suggest using mage Mundus. Let me know your criticism of the build.
    Options
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Does the Elegance set or Empower synergize well with Elemental Weapon?

No, it’s a separate instance of damage and isn’t buffed by light attack damage bonuses

"your next Light Attack used within 2 seconds to deal an additional 6177 Magic Damage"

This makes me think that there is still a base light attack under the skill damage. Would that at least be buffed?

It’s not a light attack. I’ve tested a lot of stuff with EW. It scales on magika+Spell damage, Spell crit, Spell pen, MAA, ele expert, and Minor/major berserk(and vulnerability)

So you confirmed that there is no regular light attack under the EW damage after it's cast? That is weird, I guess they thought it would be too OP for a spammable.

Your light attack exists, deals damage, procs glyphs, etc.

The easier explanation is that EW is like an an enchant, your light attack registers damage and the server checks to see if it should proc an enchant and if it should proc EW damage.

If your light attack does 2.5k and your enchant does 2.5k and Elemental Weapons does 6.5k you can have them all land at the same time WITH another skill.

This is how ranged Magplar builds burst, you get your DoTs running, apply PL, do whatever rotation, then time an EW-LA-Reach to hit as PL explodes. Ideally you’ll have Reflective/Vamps bane, Reach, Burning, and entropy all ticking then have reach-LA-EW-PL and Radiant all going off in basically the same second, it’s actually a whole lot to try to deal with as you can burst 20k+ with no ultimate and Beam will execute the people that try to CC break and instantly dodge roll.

Well if the light attack exists then why is it not affected by Empower or Elegance?

It does, it just doesn't buff the ele weapon skill. The light attack is its own damage

Precisely. Elegance will only boost the light attack damage not the other instances of damage attached to it; enchant or ele weapon.

Well that's exactly what I was assuming in the first place lol.

Anyway, I can't think of a better set if I'm going to be spamming light attacks. I'm trying a build with Elegance and War Maiden and will follow your burst combo advice. Thanks for the tips.

War Maiden isn't great for that, depending on how you setup your ranged build.
    A build that’s fun and different I feel some should try is:
    5 shacklebreaker body light
    5 spell power cure (jewelry and sword and board backbar or however you match it)
    1 grothdarr (or whatever max mag one piece you got perfect trait)
    1 domihaus (puts us about 15k ish stam so we can run witchmothers or blue max food)
    1 willpower Lightning infused (I prefer this because I love blockade on my magplar)
    Run this with 5l 1m 1h and it’s a cool build to play around with if you got sets laying around. Only downside you run mage light, entropy, and meteor front bar. I drop vamps bane because I get the crit elsewhere. It’s a build pushing mag magic so I suggest using mage Mundus. Let me know your criticism of the build.

I can't remember since it's been so long, but do sweeps/ritual kick off SPC or does it have to come from a direct heal?
    Regardless of whether it does or not, Julianos would be better for example (When out of a group & providing you're giving them the buff regularly) - Solo, there's no reason to run SPC.

The build is alright and will probably manage but I don't think it'll compete with some of the other builds posted on here - It seems to offer very little offence and not really much more defence.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Witch mother or run ice staff backbar+ele drain (without the tri focus passive so you can block with stam).
    Since his stam regen is so high, I dare say he should run spell power pots and replace both degeration/inner light with any 2 abilities he wants.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    I can't remember since it's been so long, but do sweeps/ritual kick off SPC or does it have to come from a direct heal?

Ritual will proc SPC. I imagine sweeps will as well but I've never tested it. I'm pretty sure I proc'd SPC on someone by overhealing them with Honor the Dead.

• PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options