Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magplar PvP

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the Elegance set or Empower synergize well with Elemental Weapon?

No, it’s a separate instance of damage and isn’t buffed by light attack damage bonuses
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

No, it’s a separate instance of damage and isn’t buffed by light attack damage bonuses

"your next Light Attack used within 2 seconds to deal an additional 6177 Magic Damage"

This makes me think that there is still a base light attack under the skill damage. Would that at least be buffed?
    Options
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"your next Light Attack used within 2 seconds to deal an additional 6177 Magic Damage"

This makes me think that there is still a base light attack under the skill damage. Would that at least be buffed?

Think about it like its 2 projectiles at the same time, one is the light attack, the other is elemental weapon. They are two different damage sources, so elegance set and empower make the light attack damage portion stronger, but do not affect the damage from elemental weapon.
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »

Think about it like its 2 projectiles at the same time, one is the light attack, the other is elemental weapon. They are two different damage sources, so elegance set and empower make the light attack damage portion stronger, but do not affect the damage from elemental weapon.

Yes that's what I was thinking. It's still a decent synergy I guess just not a direct one.

Thinking of trying a barrage/EW combo for a bit.
    Options
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes that's what I was thinking. It's still a decent synergy I guess just not a direct one.

but barrage is a melee skill and EW ranged....
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still cheaper than Mage Light and you get 3 LAs out of it.

Also I rock a destro staff for my melee build anyway. I would just be swapping out sweeps for EW. Less AoE but theoretically much higher damage.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also I rock a destro staff for my melee build anyway. I would just be swapping out sweeps for EW. Less AoE but theoretically much higher damage.

Why no use degeneration?!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Why no use degeneration?!

I do, just not for the empower. The last thing I want is to be spamming two skills before each LA.

I run Skoria/Overwhelming/Shackle (considering Elegant or War Maiden for this build but haven't done the math) so the more DOTs the better. Degeneration before a fight and recasting barrage every 6 secs, then weaving with EW for a rotation. Maybe get Jesus beam in there if I can spare the slot.
    Edited by Datolite on September 12, 2018 12:16PM
    Options
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious.
    Why do you use overwhelming in an EW build?
    I would rather go shackle, amber for a pure ranged magplar since your spammable wont proc Overwhelming and alot of time enemies might be out of range for the proc.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on September 12, 2018 12:29PM
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious.
    I would rather go shackle, amber for a pure ranged magplar since your spammable wont proc Overwhelming and alot of time enemies might be out of range for the proc.

That's exactly why I am trying to choose between War Maiden and Elegant. I think I phrased that wrong: for my current build I am using OW but I'm exploring the options for EW.
    Options
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious.

That's exactly why I am trying to choose between War Maiden and Elegant. I think I phrased that wrong: for my current build I am using OW but I'm exploring the options for EW.

Btw you know if wings reflect EW or only the light attack?
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It’s not a light attack. I’ve tested a lot of stuff with EW. It scales on magika+Spell damage, Spell crit, Spell pen, MAA, ele expert, and Minor/major berserk(and vulnerability)
    Just curious.

Btw you know if wings reflect EW or only the light attack?

Both, because the EW damage is tied to the light attack dealing damage. EW won’t damage you if it’s more than 2 seconds after cast though, you just get the magika returned.

Also, Overwhelming isn’t great on ranged builds. You risk someone being out of proc range like you mentioned(or proc’ing on the target you’re not focusing) and you also add some redundancy because EW/Force Pulse can both trigger concussed
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 12, 2018 2:06PM
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s not a light attack. I’ve tested a lot of stuff with EW. It scales on magika+Spell damage, Spell crit, Spell pen, MAA, ele expert, and Minor/major berserk(and vulnerability)

So you confirmed that there is no regular light attack under the EW damage after it's cast? That is weird, I guess they thought it would be too OP for a spammable.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So you confirmed that there is no regular light attack under the EW damage after it's cast? That is weird, I guess they thought it would be too OP for a spammable.

Your light attack exists, deals damage, procs glyphs, etc.

The easier explanation is that EW is like an an enchant, your light attack registers damage and the server checks to see if it should proc an enchant and if it should proc EW damage.

If your light attack does 2.5k and your enchant does 2.5k and Elemental Weapons does 6.5k you can have them all land at the same time WITH another skill.

This is how ranged Magplar builds burst, you get your DoTs running, apply PL, do whatever rotation, then time an EW-LA-Reach to hit as PL explodes. Ideally you’ll have Reflective/Vamps bane, Reach, Burning, and entropy all ticking then have reach-LA-EW-PL and Radiant all going off in basically the same second, it’s actually a whole lot to try to deal with as you can burst 20k+ with no ultimate and Beam will execute the people that try to CC break and instantly dodge roll.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 12, 2018 3:24PM
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The easier explanation is that EW is like an an enchant, your light attack registers damage and the server checks to see if it should proc an enchant and if it should proc EW damage.

If your light attack does 2.5k and your enchant does 2.5k and Elemental Weapons does 6.5k you can have them all land at the same time WITH another skill.

This is how ranged Magplar builds burst, you get your DoTs running, apply PL, do whatever rotation, then time an EW-LA-Reach to hit as PL explodes. Ideally you’ll have Reflective/Vamps bane, Reach, Burning, and entropy all ticking then have reach-LA-EW-PL and Radiant all going off in basically the same second, it’s actually a whole lot to try to deal with as you can burst 20k+ with no ultimate and Beam will execute the people that try to CC break and instantly dodge roll.

Well if the light attack exists then why is it not affected by Empower or Elegance?
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well if the light attack exists then why is it not affected by Empower or Elegance?

It does, it just doesn't buff the ele weapon skill. The light attack is its own damage
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It does, it just doesn't buff the ele weapon skill. The light attack is its own damage

Precisely. Elegance will only boost the light attack damage not the other instances of damage attached to it; enchant or ele weapon.
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Precisely. Elegance will only boost the light attack damage not the other instances of damage attached to it; enchant or ele weapon.

Well that's exactly what I was assuming in the first place lol.

Anyway, I can't think of a better set if I'm going to be spamming light attacks. I'm trying a build with Elegance and War Maiden and will follow your burst combo advice. Thanks for the tips.
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't get on with staffs In PvP, I find the light att animation getting stuck and heavy attacking instead , and I'm not a fan of being forced to run a destro ability on an already crowded bar.
    This leave me with dw/s+b or dw/resto and I can't currently make my mind up on this as they both have thier pros and cons
    Edited by Syiccal on September 12, 2018 7:14PM
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    I can't get on with staffs In PvP, I find the light att animation getting stuck and heavy attacking instead , and I'm not a fan of being forced to run a destro ability on an already crowded bar.
    This leave me with dw/s+b or dw/resto and I can't currently make my mind up on this as they both have thier pros and cons

Why DW over 2h?
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 enchants
    Options
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why DW over 2h?

Also nirn + sharpened.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Synozeer wrote: »

Why DW over 2h?

Also nirn + sharpened.

I mean, I think snare removal and not being tied to vamp/mist form and the 100 or so extra spell damage is better, but that’s just me I guess
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why DW over 2h?

Also nirn + sharpened.

I mean, I think snare removal and not being tied to vamp/mist form and the 100 or so extra spell damage is better, but that’s just me I guess

and armor capp/cc immunity for 8 seconds if you like to roll the 2h ult.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any one got a good build that doesn't use shacklebreaker but still has a decent amount of stam?

I've paired just about everything with shackle thus far to pretty good results but I just want to try something new.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any one got a good build that doesn't use shacklebreaker but still has a decent amount of stam?

I've paired just about everything with shackle thus far to pretty good results but I just want to try something new.

Use 7x tri glyphs, that will give you more stam than Shackle alone. It’s not an apples to apples comparison but still the point stands that tri glyphs are very solid and offer ~50% more resources than single stat
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 13, 2018 12:02AM
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Use 7x tri glyphs, that will give you more stam than Shackle alone. It’s not an apples to apples comparison but still the point stands that tri glyphs are very solid and offer ~50% more resources than single stat

Axiom is a similarly versatile set but yeah, always at least do your large armor pieces tristat. Or go for sustain and tristat food.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Axiom is a similarly versatile set but yeah, always at least do your large armor pieces tristat. Or go for sustain and tristat food.

Axiom(and war maiden since you mentioned it earlier) give a good bit less overall damage on Destro builds since weaving is a large portion of your damage and both reach and WoE are strong contenders for bar slots and also won’t benefit from them.(Maiden also doesn’t boost vamps bane/reflective light). Julianos is vastly superior and despite lower damage stats will yield far more overall pressure.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 13, 2018 12:30AM
    Options
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I always forget about tri stats for armor pieces

I shall try this
    Options
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why DW over 2h?

Also nirn + sharpened.

Mist form is life. If you're not running Mistform, then you need to supplement with snare/root immunity, damage reduction, and Major Expedition. But if you're specifically looking to build with Forward Momentum (which I have done in the past and might try again), then 2H would be the way to go, although you have choices to run it front bar or back bar.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
    Options