Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Magplar PvP

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So using Dbos after Toppling is kind of wasting the Dbos stun (if there is only one opponent in the area). That makes sense.
    Thx guys.

I guess you could look at it that way. Another way to look at it is toppling charge makes it more likely you land DBOS. Id just watch maybe just from all the years playing and how often gap closers take you through your target. Make sure youre facing the right direction.
    Options
  • ledesertcroit
    I love Toppling into a group of weakened opponents (preferably from both opposing teams in BGs, e.g at a flag) and Dbos the whole lot. And then sweeping the still alive haha. It works even better with grothdarr.
    It saddens me though how much better Dbos works than empowering sweep, even being physical dmg.
    Edited by ledesertcroit on September 1, 2018 6:25PM
    Options
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Akinos wrote: »
    What about Thaumaturge? Is it worth stacking points in there? I have 75 right now for the unbalanced passive but I'm not really sure if it's worth it.

If you’re melee Magplar and have a reliable way to get that off-balance then it’s probably worth it. I mean, your damage on a melee build is: Sweeps, barrage, reflective, bats/Destro, and Purifying Light, everything but PL is buffed by Thaum.

But I don’t see how you reliably proc off balance without lightning wall or someone in your group doing it for you. That 10% is more than the 19 or so points extra you put into thaum is going to get you elsewhere

Actually, barrage and bats, along with the initial cast of reflective, isn't buffed by thauma, but by master of arms and ele expert.

Seriously bats and barrage don’t scale off thaum? Wtf

Actually I was partially wrong, bats is infact thaumaturge, and @TheDoomsdayMonster had it right. Bats tooltip gets buffed by master at arms but it doesn't increase the actual damage like thaumaturge does. Barrage is still buffed by master at arms though.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
    Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about Thaumaturge? Is it worth stacking points in there? I have 75 right now for the unbalanced passive but I'm not really sure if it's worth it.

If you’re melee Magplar and have a reliable way to get that off-balance then it’s probably worth it. I mean, your damage on a melee build is: Sweeps, barrage, reflective, bats/Destro, and Purifying Light, everything but PL is buffed by Thaum.

But I don’t see how you reliably proc off balance without lightning wall or someone in your group doing it for you. That 10% is more than the 19 or so points extra you put into thaum is going to get you elsewhere

Actually, barrage and bats, along with the initial cast of reflective, isn't buffed by thauma, but by master of arms and ele expert.

Seriously bats and barrage don’t scale off thaum? Wtf

Actually I was partially wrong, bats is infact thaumaturge, and @TheDoomsdayMonster had it right. Bats tooltip gets buffed by master at arms but it doesn't increase the actual damage like thaumaturge does. Barrage is still buffed by master at arms though.

I did the testing yesterday and master at arms increased the actual damage of followings; bats, barrage, totaldark, reflective light and light attacks.

So i went from 22% tham 12% master at arms to 20% tham 20% master at arms. It feels slightly better than before.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • xGhost91x
    xGhost91x
    What would be the best enchant on main hand weapon for a dual wield build?
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    What are your thoughts on elfborn CP for magplars?

When on my heavy armor builds, i think it’s not that good to add too much on the CP. But on my light armor builds, i put in more but am not that sure if it’s worth it since i dont have that big chunk of damage that works well with crits. Purifying light doesnt crit either.

Purifying light does crit, it just can't crit past the cap.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    xGhost91x wrote: »

Nirn+Shock Infused+Berserker

Remember that both glyphs get the Infused cooldown bonus but only the Infused weapon boosts its glyphs potency.
    Options
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the patch notes the cd reduction from infused applying to both enchants got fixed with the wolfhunter update.
    Options
  • xGhost91x
    xGhost91x

Nirn+Shock Infused+Berserker

Remember that both glyphs get the Infused cooldown bonus but only the Infused weapon boosts its glyphs potency.

Awesome! I was already running them
    Options
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do get a kick out of everyone nitpicking CP as if it matters. As the rest of us lowly console players know CP Cyrodiil is such a lag zergfest that it doesn't really matter what gear or skills you use, the greater number always wins.

Battlegrounds ftw.
    Options
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, has anyone tried combat physician? Seems like it would be strong...
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh lord
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister_DMC wrote: »
    Also, has anyone tried combat physician? Seems like it would be strong...

;,,,;
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh lord

I recognize the bait...

I wont be pulled into that argument...

;)

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh lord

I recognize the bait...

;)

I almost crafted Spectre's Eye the other day just to see if it's as good as you say lol
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spectre’s Eye is intriguing, and the 2-4 bonuses are not terrible. Might pair with Lich with 3 spell dmg enchants and see what it looks like on the build editor some time.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh lord

I recognize the bait...

;)

I almost crafted Spectre's Eye the other day just to see if it's as good as you say lol

With Spectre's Eye, you gotta know exactly what you are getting into before wearing it; you are playing Russian Roulette when you equip it...

You gotta accept that there will be days where it feels like the set doesn't have a 5th piece bonus...

On the flip side, there will be days when that set performs so well it feels like the game is cheating for you and is rendering you invulnerable...

As a whole, I love it...

I currently wear 3 Defensive Sets, so on the days where Spectre's Eye isn't helping me, the other 2 sets are good enough to get me through tough spots...

But when Spectre's Eye is performing, I can sometimes have an entire play session (3-4 hours) where I don't die a single time...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Spectre’s Eye is intriguing, and the 2-4 bonuses are not terrible. Might pair with Lich with 3 spell dmg enchants and see what it looks like on the build editor some time.

The set bonus's are very good for a Magicka Templar if you ask me...

The Max Magicka is obvious good for any Magicka build and Max Health is great since it keeps you out of execute range longer...

The 2975 Physical Resist is very underrated IMHO as there is ALOT of physical damage present in the current game (Lethal Arrow spam for example)...

And even though it has no bearing on combat ability, the sets Proc is awesome (again IMHO) and is gratifying...

Give it a try...

:)
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • xGhost91x
    xGhost91x
    I'm not sure if this has been discussed already, but does lightning staff buff Dawnbreaker? I'm currently using dual-wield/sword and board, but I'd like to be able to heavy attack for resources if need be.
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if this has been discussed already, but does lightning staff buff Dawnbreaker? I'm currently using dual-wield/sword and board, but I'd like to be able to heavy attack for resources if need be.

It does.

But I'd love for someone to convince me that, outside of more reliable heavy attacks, shock staff has any advantage over flame staff. The extra damage from flame light attacks is much more than the amount added to Sweeps and DBOS by the shock staff passive. If you're running Clench I can see an argument for going shock, but if you're relying on Total Dark and/or Toppling Charge, I think flame staff is just better due to weaving alone.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

It does.

But I'd love for someone to convince me that, outside of more reliable heavy attacks, shock staff has any advantage over flame staff. The extra damage from flame light attacks is much more than the amount added to Sweeps and DBOS by the shock staff passive. If you're running Clench I can see an argument for going shock, but if you're relying on Total Dark and/or Toppling Charge, I think flame staff is just better due to weaving alone.

Both are valid choices. But if you run Wall of Elements with a lightning destro you potentially have 26% extra damage with AoE and 16% with all other skills via 8% AoE buff + 8% Concussion + 10% Off Balance (via Exploiter in CP). I use lightning heavies a lot, especially against stam builds that you'll rarely hit with a non-channeled heavy. The AoE damage of the lightning staff heavies is also a nice bonus.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh lord

I recognize the bait...

;)

With Spectre's Eye, you gotta know exactly what you are getting into before wearing it; you are playing Russian Roulette when you equip it...

This sounds to me like the exact opposite of skill based combat. It's bad enough we rely on Skoria etc. for damage procs, but entrusting my damage mitigation to a 15% dodge chance is a big nope to me. I would rather wear Riposte and get a guaranteed (slightly less than) 15% and get all the magic bonuses with it. Hell just go for Pariah on your weapons/jewels if you want real protection.
    Edited by Datolite on September 4, 2018 5:04PM
    Options
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I have to read about spectre's eye one more time I'm gonna rip my eyes out.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh lord

I recognize the bait...

;)

This sounds to me like the exact opposite of skill based combat. It's bad enough we rely on Skoria etc. for damage procs, but entrusting my damage mitigation to a 15% dodge chance is a big nope to me. I would rather wear Riposte and get a guaranteed (slightly less than) 15% and get all the magic bonuses with it. Hell just go for Pariah on your weapons/jewels if you want real protection.

I admit, there is risk with the set, but potentially far greater reward as well...

Spectre's Eye can potentially completely negate an Incap (and its Hard Stun + Major Defile)...

Riposte's can never ever match that kind of effectiveness...

Oh and btw, Riposte's mitigation is subject to diminishing returns...

Spectre's Eye mitigation is not...

;)
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on September 4, 2018 11:29PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    If I have to read about spectre's eye one more time I'm gonna rip my eyes out.

Have you ripped them out yet?

;)
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ripped them out for him
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think spectres would be better on a stamplar spec already running forward momentum but wants to avoid running expensive shuffle.

But even then its only avoiding 1 attack out of 3-4. Active dodge roll is better.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spectres would be good if you're running whatever exploit people run to dodge like 15 attacks in a row. And I don't mean Meridia's
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Spectres would be good if you're running whatever exploit people run to dodge like 15 attacks in a row. And I don't mean Meridia's

you mean active dodge roll? I can dodge 10 attacks if those 10 were cast when I dodge rolled.

That is just how it works.

shuffle is constant and thus gives you 15% dodge chance on every ability cast while you have the effect on. Spectres eye only works for x seconds and have a cooldown. That cooldown should honestly be removed, and give the user dodge chance for having the set on (or have it last 10+ seconds).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh lord

I recognize the bait...

;)

Spectre's Eye can potentially completely negate an Incap (and its Hard Stun + Major Defile)...

Once in a blue moon maybe. Not worth it. I'd rather build to withstand ALL the incaps and try to block them instead.

Besides, since when are stealth NBs a threat to magplars? We have so many counters to stealth it's not even an issue.
    Edited by Datolite on September 5, 2018 3:42PM
    Options