Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Magplar PvP

• Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Spectres would be good if you're running whatever exploit people run to dodge like 15 attacks in a row. And I don't mean Meridia's

you mean active dodge roll? I can dodge 10 attacks if those 10 were cast when I dodge rolled.

That is just how it works.

shuffle is constant and thus gives you 15% dodge chance on every ability cast while you have the effect on. Spectres eye only works for x seconds and have a cooldown. That cooldown should honestly be removed, and give the user dodge chance for having the set on (or have it last 10+ seconds).

If I had put "I'm not talking about dodge roll" somebody would've said "you mean Meridia's?". C'mon, you all know what I'm talkin about.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spectres would be good if you're running whatever exploit people run to dodge like 15 attacks in a row. And I don't mean Meridia's

you mean active dodge roll? I can dodge 10 attacks if those 10 were cast when I dodge rolled.

shuffle is constant and thus gives you 15% dodge chance on every ability cast while you have the effect on. Spectres eye only works for x seconds and have a cooldown. That cooldown should honestly be removed, and give the user dodge chance for having the set on (or have it last 10+ seconds).

If I had put "I'm not talking about dodge roll" somebody would've said "you mean Meridia's?". C'mon, you all know what I'm talkin about.
    Ohh. You mean dodge roll AND Meridia both.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Ohh. You mean dodge roll AND Meridia both.

LOL
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any magplars out there play without vampirism in open world? Any advice to give to someone who wants to go without it?
    I hate how dawnbreaker ult dumps hurt like hell and good magDk's are walking gods to me. But that mistform man.
    Options
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    revonine wrote: »
    Any magplars out there play without vampirism in open world? Any advice to give to someone who wants to go without it?
    I hate how dawnbreaker ult dumps hurt like hell and good magDk's are walking gods to me. But that mistform man.

I ran a build that didn’t need it. I only like it with 5 heavy though.
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Without Vamp, I once used (and it was fantastic):

Skoria x2...
    Reactive x5...
    Transmutation x5...

In today's game I'd improve it further by going Swift x3 for mobility...

That set up would give you excellent survivability in open world play...

Admittedly, your damage output won't be great, but if you do small group, Purifying Light, Skoria, Reflective Light, and Soul Assault will do decent damage and allow you to contribute...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

9 times out of 10 the vampire regen passives are underwhelming, undeath is less effective than you at first think...but mistform is so good.

I have run solo builds with Race Against Time (Psijic skill line, major expedition+sprint cost reduction) and can use that instead for mobility, but it's less consistent. What I've found is I like Race Against Time when solo (when nobody is counting on me to keep up with the swifty stambros) and mistform for small/medium group builds (where I don't want to constantly be left behind, focused down, and have to whine for a camp).

The nice thing about Race against Time is you get the speed buff even if you decide you don't want to use it just as a mobility skill (via sprint) and you get a nice damage buff, too.
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on September 5, 2018 11:15PM
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

2 Swift and Forward Momentum feels pretty great.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

5 Shackle
    5 Alchemist
    2 Balorgh
    Willpower 2h
    All tri-glyph
    Clockwork Citrus
    3x swift jewels with Spell damage enchants
    Apprentice or Atro Mundus
    5/1/1 Heavy

Forward Momentum, sweeps, det, race against time, inner light, DBoS
    Ritual, rune, BoL, rapid regen, meditate, resto ult

Kite a lot, meditate a lot, save ult, big ult dump with Balorgh+Alchemist, rinse and repeat.

Can hit over 6k Spell damage with 500 ult.

Could work in light too, but I don’t like Balorgh/Alch combo on a squishier build.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 5, 2018 11:27PM
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O...
    M...
    G...

I think I may have found an armor set stronger than Spectre's Eye!!

More testing needs to be done, but my early tests have been very, very, promising...

There will be more to come about this in the days and weeks to come...

;,,,,;
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O...
    M...
    G...

More testing needs to be done, but my early tests have been very, very, promising...

;,,,,;

You mean Meridias, right?
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O...
    M...
    G...

;,,,,;

No...

Stronger...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O...
    M...
    G...

;,,,,;

No...

Stronger...

24971484.jpg
    Options
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O...
    M...
    G...

;,,,,;

No...

Stronger...

Robes of the hist?
    Ashen grip?

What happened to the robes of the hist iron blood combo, anyone tested that already?
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    O...
    M...
    G...

;,,,,;

No...

Stronger...

Robes of the hist?
    Ashen grip?

What happened to the robes of the hist iron blood combo, anyone tested that already?

You are a smart man...

Robes of the Hist seems to be really, really, good now...

Its like Reactive in a way; only Magicka oriented and it Heals opposed to reducing damage...

My tooltip for Robes of the Hist is 3125 (it impressed me so much that I Golded it very rapidly)...

Like I said, more testing needs to done, but so far, it looks like a winner...

:)

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on September 6, 2018 7:10AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O...
    M...
    G...

;,,,,;

No...

Stronger...

Robes of the hist?
    Ashen grip?

You are a smart man...

Its like Reactive in a way; only Magicka oriented and it Heals opposed to reducing damage...

My tooltip for Robes of the Hist is 3125 (it impressed me so much that I Golded it very rapidly)...

Thx, probably why i made it to the class rep title ;)
    Anyway robes of the hist was expected to be very strong this patch. Maybe it would work even better on a class without any snare removal. People already asked me, if the devs are aware of it being too strong.

But I am still waiting on the feedback from Minno, if iron blood would automatically proc robes of the hist during the major protection duration.
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, I'm not sure if Hist is putting Spectre's Eye out of business yet as they are both effective, but very much different...

Here are my early thoughts on both (as pertains attempting to determine which set best suits me)

Robes of the Hist:

1) Amazingly good if you are under the influence of a Snare, Stun, or Immobilization (which makes it insanely strong versus Magicka Dragonknights or any opponent that uses lots of Hard/Soft CC)...

2) It Auto Heals you 100% of the time every second you are Hard/Soft CC'ed with no effort on the part of the wearer...

3) Makes taking a Resource far easier than before (as the Guards almost constantly have a CC effect of some sort on you)...

4) Does nothing for you while in Mist Form...

5) Does nothing for you against Light/Heavy attack spammers...

6) It makes using an Immovable Pot counter productive as you have to effectively suppress Robes of the Hist 5th bonus (against Hard Stun at any rate) if you use one...

7) Best against Snares as you'll want to immediately break Hard Stuns anyway as the Healing this set provides is not enough to warrant eating the full duration of Hard Stuns...

Spectre's Eye:

1) Can potentially help you any place, any time against any dodgeable attack...

2) Can completely ignore an attack no matter how much damage it would have done...

3) Can completely ignore an attacks status effect (such as CC or Posions)...

4) Can make Mist Form very difficult to destroy (excellent synergy with Elusive Mist)...

5) Useless against AoE...

6) Assuming a 30-50% uptime (which I believe is reasonable pending your playstyle) only gives a net 4.5 to 7.5% damage reduction over time (but, that damage negation is not subject to diminishing returns either, so its better than it seems compared to other sources of damage reduction)...

So far, Hist does seem very strong (and may well prove itself to be stronger than Spectre's Eye), but I do see what I am losing when I use it in place of Spectre's Eye...

Like I said, more testing needs to be done...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on September 6, 2018 8:06AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O...
    M...
    G...

;,,,,;

No...

Stronger...

Robes of the hist?
    Ashen grip?

You are a smart man...

Anyway robes of the hist was expected to be very strong this patch. Maybe it would work even better on a class without any snare removal. People already asked me, if the devs are aware of it being too strong.

But I am still waiting on the feedback from Minno, if iron blood would automatically proc robes of the hist during the major protection duration.

I'm not going to say exactly what out loud, but certain aspects of the set "may" have to be toned down from what I have seen thus far (people are going to catch on eventually, but I absolutely wont say to what; people are going to have to find it out themselves)...

Since I am liking the set, I hope the nerf bat doesn't hit it too hard...

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on September 6, 2018 7:57AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the set it seems strong but I'm at a loss as to what your all taking about as usual :D
    Options
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow nevermind I think I get it :*
    Edited by Mrsinister2 on September 6, 2018 10:21AM
    Options
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So which set or ability does it interact with, that it probably shouldn't ?

PS: Funny how Shacklebreaker makes it into everyone's favourite set list these days. I remember being ridiculed for pointing out it's a decent set when it came out.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O...
    M...
    G...

;,,,,;

No...

Stronger...

Robes of the hist?
    Ashen grip?

You are a smart man...

If someone gives me Robes of the Hist for free, I will test it since I have the annoying to farm Ironblood.

And it can be a trash items too, just need a trash ring and 4 body pieces.
    Edited by Minno on September 6, 2018 2:04PM
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PTS?
    Options
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you get hit with the bleed with the snare and all it does is top off your health :D:D:D
    Edited by Mrsinister2 on September 6, 2018 2:10PM
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    PTS?

I don't think PTS has ironblood.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you get hit with the bleed with the snare and all it does is top off your health :D:D:D

So what you are saying there are now two sets that can counter bleeds? ;)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    O...
    M...
    G...

;,,,,;

Yeah, most sets are better
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So which set or ability does it interact with, that it probably shouldn't ?

PS: Funny how Shacklebreaker makes it into everyone's favourite set list these days. I remember being ridiculed for pointing out it's a decent set when it came out.

Everything gets ridiculed unless it’s meta, the general consensus or a popular player says so .
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where can I find a definition for disabling effects? Seems like a very broad term. Do maim or defile count?

Edit: NVM it just means hard CC. Not nearly as useful as I'd hoped.
    Edited by Datolite on September 6, 2018 5:02PM
    Options
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where can I find a definition for disabling effects? Seems like a very broad term. Do maim or defile count?

https://alcasthq.com/status-effects-eso/
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
    Options