Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magplar PvP

• miahus
    miahus
    ✭✭
    LOL@squishy Magplar. If you think magplar is squishy, try other classes. go 100 points in blessed and quick recovery, 1 breath of life and you're back to full health. Couple that with Argonian, use tripots, and you are in god mode. and that's half of cyrodiil for you.
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    miahus wrote: »
    LOL@squishy Magplar. If you think magplar is squishy, try other classes. go 100 points in blessed and quick recovery, 1 breath of life and you're back to full health. Couple that with Argonian, use tripots, and you are in god mode. and that's half of cyrodiil for you.

Good heals doesn’t equate to being tanky. Every class can have that.

Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Anyone that says put 100 points into anything is either trolling or dumb.
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Yeah it’s completely unnecessary even as a healer

Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, 72 max ...lol
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

Yeah, 72 max ...lol

I’m not sure how you get functional damage on a Magplar with 72 into healing...
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have 56 into blessed, should be plenty
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I have 56 into blessed, should be plenty

I dare say don't even touch blessed. Quick recovery will be all you need, especially if you already got 20% into thick skin/ironclad/resistant.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also heal ball groups for my guild so it helps.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 20 points into Blessed, but that's only because (for my tastes) there is nothing else left to put points into for the Blue Constellations...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • ledesertcroit
    I have to finally admit that, even with 3 swift, I’m not good enough to play a dmg oriented melee Magplar (dw, war maiden/axiom) and consistently enough land sweeps to be successful.
    I’m having much more success with ranged Magplar. I run transmutation backbar, war maiden and Skoria (nirn inferno willpower staff front) and have given up on sweeps in favor of elemental weapon. War maiden boosts everything (but reach), while BSW would only proc of reach and fire LA and HA, I guess.
    What do you think would be the best “elemental weapon” build?
    As I only block-cast backbar with SnB (almost no LA there), am I correct in assuming that Berserker enchant has to be on my frontbar (nirn) staff? Or would I be better off putting shock or disease there?
    Edited by ledesertcroit on August 30, 2018 12:42PM
    Options
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear I read somewhere (Probably years ago now so it's no doubt changed) that QR is worth more than Blessed?

There's obviously a good balance but some of these suggested CP allocations seem quite high.

Can't remember.
    I have to finally admit that, even with 3 swift, I’m not good enough to play a dmg oriented melee Magplar (dw, war maiden/axiom) and consistently enough land sweeps to be successful.
    I’m having much more success with ranged Magplar. I run transmutation backbar, war maiden and Skoria (nirn inferno willpower staff front) and have given up on sweeps in favor of elemental weapon. War maiden boosts everything (but reach), while BSW would only proc of reach and fire LA and HA, I guess.
    As I only block-cast backbar with SnB (almost no LA there), am I correct in assuming that Berserker enchant has to be on my frontbar (nirn) staff? Or would I be better off putting shock or disease there?

Nobody can tell you what enchant should be on what bar as that's your preference.

As you're running a destro, I wouldn't use WM. I don't really know what to suggest though.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only have a bunch of points in Blessed because my most critical role is group healing, and in that context it serves me better than a damage star--I'm willing to give up some damage when I'm soloing around in order to be a little more effective when other people are counting on me.
    BNOC wrote: »
    As you're running a destro, I wouldn't use WM. I don't really know what to suggest though.

War Maiden is absolutely fine on a destro staff build that's using a magic damage spammable. Sure, it doesn't buff light attacks, but it doesn't buff light attacks for DW or sword and board either.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I swear I read somewhere (Probably years ago now so it's no doubt changed) that QR is worth more than Blessed?

There's obviously a good balance but some of these suggested CP allocations seem quite high.

Can't remember.

Nobody can tell you what enchant should be on what bar as that's your preference.

If you’re using Destro I’d say Julianos is better than Maiden
    Options
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have a bunch of points in Blessed because my most critical role is group healing, and in that context it serves me better than a damage star--I'm willing to give up some damage when I'm soloing around in order to be a little more effective when other people are counting on me.

War Maiden is absolutely fine on a destro staff build that's using a magic damage spammable. Sure, it doesn't buff light attacks, but it doesn't buff light attacks for DW or sword and board either.

Yeah it is fine to use, I use it myself. But he's talking about using Elemental Weapon, so I'm assuming light attacks are a key part of his build by the sounds of things.
    If the emphasis wasn't on LA's / EW / Destro Spammable then I'd agree he could keep it as it is.

Can't remember.

Yeah the obvious one was Julies but I couldn't think if there was anything on par/better in this situation, on the spot. I agree though, for this build, Julies is much better.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it is fine to use, I use it myself. But he's talking about using Elemental Weapon, so I'm assuming light attacks are a key part of his build by the sounds of things.
    If the emphasis wasn't on LA's / EW / Destro Spammable then I'd agree he could keep it as it is.

You know, I wonder what actually gives you higher damage on a "complete" EW weave (LA+EW), julianos or war maiden. Easy enough to test I guess.

If there are empowers floating around in the build, that puts even more emphasis on the LAs, too.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't remember.

Yeah the obvious one was Julies but I couldn't think if there was anything on par/better in this situation, on the spot. I agree though, for this build, Julies is much better.

Depending on what mode you are in, those extra crit chance with nicely to boost your healing. And if you have an 80% modifier, everyone but impreg builds will still feel a 1.30-40 modifier. But you get no Regen stats as the trade-off.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭

Can't remember.

Ah my ever evolving Templar build! @Lexxypwns So I am finding I love light attacks so I have moved points from Blessed to compensate for that. Right now I am running heavy shackle and the OS as the damage set. With Destro/light attack heavy would Julianos be a better choice over Overwhelming?
    @ElizabethInTamriel; @ElizabethInESO
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
    Options
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You know, I wonder what actually gives you higher damage on a "complete" EW weave (LA+EW), julianos or war maiden. Easy enough to test I guess.

If there are empowers floating around in the build, that puts even more emphasis on the LAs, too.
    Julianos buffs both LA and EW, War Maiden buffs neither (if we're just looking at the 5pc bonus). Seems fairly straightforward.
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't remember.

Ah my ever evolving Templar build! @Lexxypwns So I am finding I love light attacks so I have moved points from Blessed to compensate for that. Right now I am running heavy shackle and the OS as the damage set. With Destro/light attack heavy would Julianos be a better choice over Overwhelming?

Overwhelming does not have much of a range so I would vote Julianos.

Or... consider this. If you enjoy light attack builds, stick with War Maiden, get Queen's Elegance set, and slot the psijic Elemental Weapon skill.

Also there is a skill out there that empowers multiple LAs but I forget which one. Anyone care to step in?
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »

Julianos buffs both LA and EW, War Maiden buffs neither (if we're just looking at the 5pc bonus). Seems fairly straightforward.

Unless I'm missing something, War Maiden's 5 piece does buff EW. Isn't the "base" damage magic damage (and it doesn't convert to an element based on staff, unlike destro reach or something)?
    Also there is a skill out there that empowers multiple LAs but I forget which one. Anyone care to step in?

Solar Barrage.
    Options
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Unless I'm missing something, War Maiden's 5 piece does buff EW. Isn't the "base" damage magic damage (and it doesn't convert to an element based on staff, unlike destro reach or something)?
    Ah I thought EW did elemental damage for some reason. My Bad.
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Solar Barrage.

Thank you yes. Though it's another close AoE so maybe not great for a ranged build.

And yes EW is definitely magicka damage. Big magicka damage, so War Maiden is ideal for this build.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surge is the best Magplar damage set, imo. It offers the best 2-4pc and the 5pc has excellent synergy with the offense and helps you get off defense. I was just mentioning again that maiden doesn’t boost light attack damage(spinners does though, if you’re looking for pure damage without a proc, it’s the best 100% uptime Danae art for ranged builds)
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 30, 2018 7:35PM
    Options
  • ledesertcroit
    WM does buff EW, but not the light Attack itself.
    As much as I like OWSurge, it has a 12 m range, and the requirement to use a class ability, which ele drain, reach, and EW are not.
    I run OWSurge when I slot a reflective light/toppling/sweeps build.
    Edited by ledesertcroit on August 30, 2018 7:46PM
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surge is the best Magplar damage set, imo. It offers the best 2-4pc and the 5pc has excellent synergy with the offense and helps you get off defense. I was just mentioning again that maiden doesn’t boost light attack damage(spinners does though, if you’re looking for pure damage without a proc, it’s the best 100% uptime Danae art for ranged builds)

Surge
    Sloads
    Skoria
    All in heavy.
    Don't slot any skills.
    Profit
    Options
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭

ooh Spinners. Thanks!!
    @ElizabethInTamriel; @ElizabethInESO
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

ooh Spinners. Thanks!!

Make sure you adjust your CP for Spinners, you’ll want to shift some points from Spell Erosion to Shattering Blows to offset the damage loss against shielded opponents.
    Options
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are your thoughts on elfborn CP for magplars?

When on my heavy armor builds, i think it’s not that good to add too much on the CP. But on my light armor builds, i put in more but am not that sure if it’s worth it since i dont have that big chunk of damage that works well with crits. Purifying light doesnt crit either.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    What are your thoughts on elfborn CP for magplars?

When on my heavy armor builds, i think it’s not that good to add too much on the CP. But on my light armor builds, i put in more but am not that sure if it’s worth it since i dont have that big chunk of damage that works well with crits. Purifying light doesnt crit either.

You have native Major Prophecy as long as you keep Reflective Light up and 10% CHD modifier, keep that in mind
    Options