Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magplar PvP

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xGhost91x wrote: »
    So what would be a good trait for a back bar Resto staff?

These days I usually go powered, defending or even decisive (empowering sweep is my back bar ult for stam and mag) depending on your setup. I use poisons on my resto now so there’s no glyph to proc.

Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Infused or nirn. Depends on your set up really. I'd probably go infused.

Infused for what enchant?
    Also wouldn't powered be better than nirn for heals? I was told that it scales differently so despite being lower % it is more effective. Can anyone confirm that cause it feels like it should be a no brainer for a healing backbar.
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also wouldn't powered be better than nirn for heals? I was told that it scales differently so despite being lower % it is more effective. Can anyone confirm that cause it feels like it should be a no brainer for a healing backbar.

But you're not just healing. Infused back bar for the 400 spell for the impact and performance on the whole build. It's a huge effect on both damage and healing. Especially when magplar has to build to do damage while taking it and healing or they just get stuck healing till they die.
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But you're not just healing. Infused back bar for the 400 spell for the impact and performance on the whole build. It's a huge effect on both damage and healing. Especially when magplar has to build to do damage while taking it and healing or they just get stuck healing till they die.

See I'm still thinking with DW brain (just recently switched to destro/resto). I always did the nirn main hand, infused off hand, and powered backbar setup.

What is the ideal with two staves? Nirn with fire enchant on destro, and infused with spell damage on resto?

Also how long does spell damage enchant last with infused?
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Resisting urge to take my stamplar back magplar. Have done it a few times and just realized I do better on stamplar alone in general. Maybe I will level a new toon but I havent even been able to bring myself to finish my warden and DK yet. Then there is the mount leveling that I need to park one by a stable.

Just level up a new magplar or stamplar

I started. Now have 1 speed upgrade on its mount skill and parked at the stables. Just cant stand a slow mount. I could care less about leveling once I get to level 15 to have 2 weapons and can go to Cyrodiil. Just the skyshards, non-combat leveled skills, and mount speed that annoys me.
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See I'm still thinking with DW brain (just recently switched to destro/resto). I always did the nirn main hand, infused off hand, and powered backbar setup.

What is the ideal with two staves? Nirn with fire enchant on destro, and infused with spell damage on resto?

Youll go from 50% uptime on the spell damage enchant to 100% with infused. 10s cut to 5s. It lasts 5s.

Depends, i use several different depending on builds but typically it's shock/nirn destro and infused back bar.
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Youll go from 50% uptime on the spell damage enchant to 100% with infused. 10s cut to 5s. It lasts 5s.

Depends, i use several different depending on builds but typically it's shock/nirn destro and infused back bar.

Thanks for the tips. One last question though. Will my main bar enchant proc trigger a cool down for my back bar enchant? Cause I want to be able to keep up that spell damage enchant and not have the two of them competing for procs. Cause if it comes down to that I would probably stick to having the spell damage enchant on my nirn front bar for more frequent uptime.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This works very well because your main burst ability (purfying light), lasts only 6 seconds. So youll constantly be bar swapping to that bar, if that's where purfying light lives.

Might be bad for console players who cant bar swap as easily.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

This works very well because your main burst ability (purfying light), lasts only 6 seconds. So youll constantly be bar swapping to that bar, if that's where purfying light lives.

It's still easy if you rebind the controllers, just makes swapping games a pain sometimes. But yes, if hit can't bar swap well don't play templar lol.
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I admit that's kind of a big weakness of mine. I hate bar swapping, as it is rarely as responsive as it should be. And I'm not very good at timing cooldowns either. Or remembering to refresh buffs. Or enchants.

Hell, I'm starting to wonder just how I even get any kills at all...
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect practice makes perfect!
    Options
  • bulcke10
    bulcke10
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »
    @Mr_Nobody
    So what build would you recommend with the three Swift?

3 swift, again, depends on your playstyle and what you like. Considering you will put everything into spell damage - running Pirate Skeleton and 2 light armor dps sets is what you want.

You can choose between the following:

O Surge, Rattlecage (extra spell slot, I use it for meditate), War Maidens, Julianos, Riposte (doesnt work too well with Pirate Skeleton though), Hist, Axiom, Bahrahas curse (lol, its actually good with Sweeps), the new Cyrodiil's Light (kickass good with beam and meditate equipped) and such.

Get at least 1 set that actually does something interesting and unique dps/control/debuff/buff wise.

Can you tell me whats are the channeled.and casting skills are from templar and psijik order skilline ? Because i gonna use cyrodill light set and dont know what skills count .... and will it work also from heavy resto attack ? And some skills from new order skilline like meditate etc ? Thanks
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    bulcke10 wrote: »
    @Mr_Nobody

3 swift, again, depends on your playstyle and what you like. Considering you will put everything into spell damage - running Pirate Skeleton and 2 light armor dps sets is what you want.

O Surge, Rattlecage (extra spell slot, I use it for meditate), War Maidens, Julianos, Riposte (doesnt work too well with Pirate Skeleton though), Hist, Axiom, Bahrahas curse (lol, its actually good with Sweeps), the new Cyrodiil's Light (kickass good with beam and meditate equipped) and such.

Get at least 1 set that actually does something interesting and unique dps/control/debuff/buff wise.

Can you tell me whats are the channeled.and casting skills are from templar and psijik order skilline ? Because i gonna use cyrodill light set and dont know what skills count .... and will it work also from heavy resto attack ? And some skills from new order skilline like meditate etc ? Thanks

Puncturing Sweeps, Dark Flare, Radiant Oppression from templar lines will all activate Cyro's light.

From the psijic line, channeling the one morph of Accelerate from Psijic line, the one morph of Time Stop, and Meditate will also activate it.

Other commonly used skills that will activate it are Soul Assault, Mistform, Invigorating Drain, and Inevitable Detonation.

It's a solid set to have active on just one bar, if you can get all your channels there. A fun trick is to Meditate when out of resources, then get a free BoL off of the interrupt, then rinse and repeat as you recover.

Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t forget mend wounds , also a very underrated skill.
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resisting urge to take my stamplar back magplar. Have done it a few times and just realized I do better on stamplar alone in general. Maybe I will level a new toon but I havent even been able to bring myself to finish my warden and DK yet. Then there is the mount leveling that I need to park one by a stable.

Just level up a new magplar or stamplar

I started. Now have 1 speed upgrade on its mount skill and parked at the stables. Just cant stand a slow mount. I could care less about leveling once I get to level 15 to have 2 weapons and can go to Cyrodiil. Just the skyshards, non-combat leveled skills, and mount speed that annoys me.

Lack of speed is why I rarely go to open world on a mag build because when your mount speed is low at least you can just dismount and get around fast. My stam sorc is faster than some people’s mounts lol
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mend wounds ??
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mr_Nobody

As was mentioned above, lots of templar/psijic skills apply. Don't forget to look up the Soulshine set if you are going for a channel build. Also Remembrance ult.
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know what it is, what about it? You can't even target yourself too. I thought u were saying it probs cyros light
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know what it is, what about it? You can't even target yourself too. I thought u were saying it probs cyros light

What does that have to do with it being a channel? Regardless when you use it on npcs and players it becomes a channel therefore it works with cyrodiils light.

Majority of the population play with other people so it doesn’t matter if it procs on yourself. You get major protection plus a percentage of the heal via heavy attack.
    Options
  • bulcke10
    bulcke10
    ✭✭✭
    @Mr_Nobody

Puncturing Sweeps, Dark Flare, Radiant Oppression from templar lines will all activate Cyro's light.

From the psijic line, channeling the one morph of Accelerate from Psijic line, the one morph of Time Stop, and Meditate will also activate it.

Other commonly used skills that will activate it are Soul Assault, Mistform, Invigorating Drain, and Inevitable Detonation.

It's a solid set to have active on just one bar, if you can get all your channels there. A fun trick is to Meditate when out of resources, then get a free BoL off of the interrupt, then rinse and repeat as you recover.

Thanks
    Options
  • bulcke10
    bulcke10
    ✭✭✭
    @Mr_Nobody

Will resto heavy att proc cyrodill light also ? And yea fun trick
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Mr_Nobody

I honestly don't know, I haven't run it in a couple years. I'd guess that it wouldn't activate it.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mr_Nobody

I honestly don't know, I haven't run it in a couple years. I'd guess that it wouldn't activate it.

It should. Also other heavy attacks trigger cast time based sets (soulshine) because it technically had a cast time.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, either way it's super easy to test.

I just don't have 5 Cyro's light on me right now to check.
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What does that have to do with it being a channel? Regardless when you use it on npcs and players it becomes a channel therefore it works with cyrodiils light.

Majority of the population play with other people so it doesn’t matter if it procs on yourself. You get major protection plus a percentage of the heal via heavy attack.

Ohhh yeaaa the heavy attack duh! Ty, worth a bg or 2 for fun
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ohhh yeaaa the heavy attack duh! Ty, worth a bg or 2 for fun

It’s good for off healing and could really be good for someone running support in bgs because it can be active on both bars . So you’re still able to cast skills, you just miss out on enchants and poisons when it’s active.
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mr_Nobody

It should. Also other heavy attacks trigger cast time based sets (soulshine) because it technically had a cast time.

This is a game changer, I had no idea. Time to make a new build... this thread is terrible for my bank account in game.
    Options
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭

So purifying light would be best on the back bar? That's where I have it right now actually.
    @ElizabethInTamriel; @ElizabethInESO
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So purifying light would be best on the back bar? That's where I have it right now actually.

It should be located:
    - where your highest max mag stats are located on (the final damage only scales off your max mag)
    - where you are most comfortable casting it from.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options