Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Magplar PvP

• Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xGhost91x wrote: »
    So I'm still pretty new to magicka classes in PvP (old stam DK main) and I need some advice. I can get some kills but I'm WAY too squishy.

I'm currently running:
    2 Skoria (heavy)
    5 Spinners (chest, legs. boots, Nirnhoned inferno staff)
    5 Wizard's Riposte (belt, gloves, jewelry)
    2 Song of Lamae (sword and shield on back bar).

Anyone have any advice for a newbie Magplar?

Avoid magplar for PVP, unless you are running a healer and bunch of people to protect you in a group. You are just prey begging to get killed.
    Stamplar is excellent in PVP.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't had a ton of time to PvP since patch but I have experimented with a few combinations. Couple things I noticed...

War Maiden, Axiom and Pirate Skeleton in light armor is VASTLY better than any combination of damage sets plus heavy armor.

The only comparable build I found (but more for survivability and disruption) is Troll King with War Maiden and Axiom.

I'm actually doing well with similar set up but with mighty chudan, sometimes I also switch out maiden for julianos,

I also find infused on jewelry is working great for added regen, spell power and occasionally poison protection
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    @Mr_Nobody thoughts on playing ranged Magplar?

I’ve had some success with Heavy builds that use Elemental Weapons. Currently using Alch+BSW with Asylum SnB and 3x Infused potion glyphs on an Argonian. Over 4K Spell damage and using Eye bowl + resourceful to cover sustain. I’ve been switching between speed stam immovable and major Vitality+lingering because I can’t make a decision which I like more

I got like 3 vids of a ranged heavy magplar. Imo its the best way to play it that way due to tankyness and u dont need shields etc. Its tbh one of the strongest specs out there. Kind of anti stam nb and magsorc

@Mr_Nobody These were videos you made? What is the link to your Youtube page? Thanks!

Youtube "niekas magplar" and you should find it, cant link it on the phone.

Elemental weapon is a kickass good spammable since u can lineup more instant damage due to it being applied to *** followed by another skill like javelin or bane/beam
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    Lol.

Directed at me?

No it was at the person saying repentance was their main heal but I’m pretty sure that was a hyperbole.

Yeah I definitely use BoL I'm not an invalid lol. My point was with that much damage in BGs your need to heal goes down. Especially if you have a good reset button (undo, mist, accelerate). So the relatively minor hit to healing from using WM doesn't phase me.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a bit confused here ... Aren't all these sets boosting critical DAMAGE which had zero effect on critical hearing so wouldn't julianos and warmaiden be very similar in out put ?
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused here ... Aren't all these sets boosting critical DAMAGE which had zero effect on critical hearing so wouldn't julianos and warmaiden be very similar in out put ?
    Critical damage does affect critical healing. Just not the specific critical damage buffs from Templar and Nightblade passives.
    Edited by casparian on August 23, 2018 6:15PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Critical damage does affect critical healing. Just not the specific critical damage buffs from Templar and Nightblade passives.

elfborn/percise CP too doesn't boost healing crits.

It's related to how healing isn't impacted by impen; meaning healing can always have a 50% crit dmg modifier whereas crit dmg from damage stats has to be calculated against crit resistance.

and the reason defile feels strong, is because it hard zaps the base healing tooltip (along with battlespirit) and that in turn messes with the value after the heal crits.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

It's related to how healing isn't impacted by impen; meaning healing can always have a 50% crit dmg modifier whereas crit dmg from damage stats has to be calculated against crit resistance.

and the reason defile feels strong, is because it hard zaps the base healing tooltip (along with battlespirit) and that in turn messes with the value after the heal crits.

Are you sure? Their tooltips explicitly claim to do so. If they don't, that seems like a bug.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you sure? Their tooltips explicitly claim to do so. If they don't, that seems like a bug.

I thought Gina mentioned it or the patch notes. Here is what I found:

"The Shadow (Mundus Stone) now only affects Critical Damage, and does not affect Critical Healing."
    "Piercing Spear: This passive ability now only affects Critical Damage, and does not affect Critical Healing."

and at the time Gina told it was supposed to be a changed for all sources of Crit DMG. but it looks like you are right, in that people are saying elfborn buffs the healing. Weird they went to entire lengths to nerf templar/nb/shadow mundas but didnt touch the one thing that increases the power creep each patch.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/413619/crit-heals-in-summerset
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minno do you know if they fixed the bug that made Ironclad affect damage mitigation for sweeps?
    Edited by Ariades_swe on August 23, 2018 7:48PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minno do you know if they fixed the bug that made Ironclad affect damage mitigation for sweeps?

Joy and I tested for Summerset I believe and it was still impacting it with ZOS going radio silent on if that was intended or a bug.

We haven't tested it again this patch to check for a stealth-fix.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I'm still pretty new to magicka classes in PvP (old stam DK main) and I need some advice. I can get some kills but I'm WAY too squishy.

I'm currently running:
    2 Skoria (heavy)
    5 Spinners (chest, legs. boots, Nirnhoned inferno staff)
    5 Wizard's Riposte (belt, gloves, jewelry)
    2 Song of Lamae (sword and shield on back bar).

Anyone have any advice for a newbie Magplar?

Avoid magplar for PVP, unless you are running a healer and bunch of people to protect you in a group. You are just prey begging to get killed.
    Stamplar is excellent in PVP.

So wrong. Magplar is very strong in these days.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I’ve had some success with Heavy builds that use Elemental Weapons. Currently using Alch+BSW with Asylum SnB and 3x Infused potion glyphs on an Argonian. Over 4K Spell damage and using Eye bowl + resourceful to cover sustain. I’ve been switching between speed stam immovable and major Vitality+lingering because I can’t make a decision which I like more

I got like 3 vids of a ranged heavy magplar. Imo its the best way to play it that way due to tankyness and u dont need shields etc. Its tbh one of the strongest specs out there. Kind of anti stam nb and magsorc

@Mr_Nobody These were videos you made? What is the link to your Youtube page? Thanks!

Elemental weapon is a kickass good spammable since u can lineup more instant damage due to it being applied to *** followed by another skill like javelin or bane/beam

Most people don’t really understand how good Elemental Weapons is. Hitting Reach-Elemental Weapons-Purifying Light all within 1 second is 12k+ concurrent damage without an ultimate. It lets you sneak in more burst than people are used to from a Magplar which can be very dangerous. I’ve experienced some squishier specs getting 100-0’d by Ele-Reach-Skoria-PL when I’ve got BSW and Alch proc’ed. It’s pretty funny to see that happen when you’re on a Magplar
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 23, 2018 10:50PM
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I love your videos & playstyle! Best trollplar NA (or EU?).
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most people don’t really understand how good Elemental Weapons is. Hitting Reach-Elemental Weapons-Purifying Light all within 1 second is 12k+ concurrent damage without an ultimate. It lets you sneak in more burst than people are used to from a Magplar which can be very dangerous. I’ve experienced some squishier specs getting 100-0’d by Ele-Reach-Skoria-PL when I’ve got BSW and Alch proc’ed. It’s pretty funny to see that happen when you’re on a Magplar

Yeah it hits like a truck. And with the current beam buff its even easier to collect these kills. I think i ran like WM and heavy rattle. Tanky and mucho damago
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah it hits like a truck. And with the current beam buff its even easier to collect these kills. I think i ran like WM and heavy rattle. Tanky and mucho damago

And it’s cheap!

We don’t have Wolfhunter yet but I can see beam during the reach/jav CC being killer
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 24, 2018 3:17PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And it’s cheap!

We don’t have Wolfhunter yet but I can see beam during the reach/jav CC being killer

Stop, you all are making me want to go back to magplar :P
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And it’s cheap!

Just do like the rest of us and make one of each :p
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And it’s cheap!

:( I don't have the urge to farm fighters guild to unlock Dawnbreaker.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And it’s cheap!

U serious? Just go 1-50 in sky reach. It's mages and undauntee that are boring.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And it’s cheap!

I find it all boring when my main templar already has it unlocked ;)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And it’s cheap!

LOL, been running 2H and Repentance on magplar and thinking... maybe I should switch to stamplar :D

I ain't levelling fighters, mages, psijic and undaunted again.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And it’s cheap!

I find it all boring when my main templar already has it unlocked ;)

But expensive switching.
  • xGhost91x
    xGhost91x
    So I have the gear to run 2 Skoria, 5 Heavy Shacklebreaker, 5 Lich, 2 Willpower swords if I feel like it. Is this setup any good? It would be 5 heavy, 1 light, 1 medium, dual wield on front bar and sword and shield on back bar. I'm on a Breton, but I was going to run 3 tri-stat glyphs on big pieces. Combined with 5 heavy, Undaunted passive, and tri-stat food, my health should be alright.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I have the gear to run 2 Skoria, 5 Heavy Shacklebreaker, 5 Lich, 2 Willpower swords if I feel like it. Is this setup any good? It would be 5 heavy, 1 light, 1 medium, dual wield on front bar and sword and shield on back bar. I'm on a Breton, but I was going to run 3 tri-stat glyphs on big pieces. Combined with 5 heavy, Undaunted passive, and tri-stat food, my health should be alright.

Yea it'll do fine
  • xGhost91x
    xGhost91x
    Awesome. I was afraid that I wouldn't have enough damage with that setup.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Solar barrage with heavy build (and i think it's much better in light armor) gives quite nice pressure damage around 3k tooltip damage per tick. This is an extra damage on top of your build and rotation. So if you can fit it in your skillbars you absolutely should give a chance. I swapped entropy with it and using spell damage potions for the buff. It pairs very nice with overwhelming and skoria.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »

Solar barrage with heavy build (and i think it's much better in light armor) gives quite nice pressure damage around 3k tooltip damage per tick. This is an extra damage on top of your build and rotation. So if you can fit it in your skillbars you absolutely should give a chance. I swapped entropy with it and using spell damage potions for the buff. It pairs very nice with overwhelming and skoria.

Whoa i didn't even realize they buffed this morph. Do you know if the empower is like other skills where it only buffs light attacks?
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whoa i didn't even realize they buffed this morph. Do you know if the empower is like other skills where it only buffs light attacks?

Yes it does.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it does.

Too bad. That's a bit useless with a DW or 2H setup.