Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Magplar PvP

• Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of Time Freeze and magplar builds, let me run this one by you guys:

War Maiden (jewels, DW nirn and defending SnB)
    Axiom (5 heavy infused/impen)
    Shadowrend (med/light infused/impen)
    Tristat and magicka, spell/regen glyphs, damage weapon enchant
    Witchmother and tristat pots

Real group brawler with focus on disruption and high damage. Throw down time freeze and Nova and charge in with sweeps. Heals suffer a bit under War Maiden but HA makes up for it. Single target 10 sec maim on Shadowrend is nice or keep the AoE strong with Grothdarr or Skoria.

Any thoughts?
    Edited by Datolite on August 16, 2018 10:00PM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tristat and magicka, weapon damage glyphs

Real group brawler with focus on disruption and high damage. Throw down time freeze and Nova and charge in with sweeps. Heals suffer a bit under War Maiden but HA makes up for it. Single target 10 sec maim on Shadowrend is nice or keep the AoE strong with Grothdarr or Skoria.

Any thoughts?

Spell dmg glyphs right? Not weapon? You could body axiom, front bar warmaiden, and back bar willpower snb
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tristat and magicka, weapon damage glyphs

Any thoughts?

Spell dmg glyphs right? Not weapon? You could body axiom, front bar warmaiden, and back bar willpower snb

Yeah spell my bad.
    Good idea. Backbar would just be 2pc right?
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Ariades_swe on August 17, 2018 12:41AM
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tristat and magicka, spell/regen glyphs, damage weapon enchant

Any thoughts?

I've been using Shadowrend for quite awhile and I really like it.
  • xGhost91x
    xGhost91x
    Wow. I haven't read this thread in a few days. I never thought it would get this big
  • xGhost91x
    xGhost91x
    I heard rumors of a Wizard's Riposte nerf?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xGhost91x wrote: »
    I heard rumors of a Wizard's Riposte nerf?

Rumors? It's done (8s duration and only procs off crits caused by direct DMG).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • xGhost91x
    xGhost91x
    Oh man. So is it still worth using?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most will say no
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be alot more magplars around in pvp now I never realized how annoying we can be to kill even tho I main one :D
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been running Lightning Staff/SnB Magplar since One Tamriel and it’s been a blast up till now.

I like that Magplars are a very stable class in that it doesnt have that much hard counters, and can be very flexible on what you can do just based on the skills you slot.

My setup keeps changing but right now im using:

2pc defensive monster set/skoria
    5pc overwhelming surge front bar
    5pc transmutation backbar
    2pc willpower on rings

Pretty defensive setup that can melt people when all your dots are on them with a purifying light ready to pop.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be alot more magplars around in pvp now I never realized how annoying we can be to kill even tho I main one :D

Remember when you rerolled EP, got emp, then lost a 1v1 to Sypher behind Glademist Mine?
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 17, 2018 3:46AM
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Minor maim is still a very strong defensive debuff and the nerf keeps uptime at 100%. Riposte remains a solid choice, even if you can use a willpower frontbar anymore.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Remember when you rerolled EP, got emp, then lost a 1v1 to Sypher behind Glademist Mine?

That was not me I've never been emp or even know who sypher is I've only been playing a year.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ult is everyone running? I'm still in 2 skoria, 5 heavy shackle, and 5 riposte with lightning staff on front bar with back bar maelstrom resto. I normally use dbos just for the stun when in group. Now that beam is buffed I tried using soul assault and it's still just meh. I guess I could use sweeps for that mitigation but I want something a little more bursty. Idk what options there really is for what I'm looking for. Might just be sol

• Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    What ult is everyone running? I'm still in 2 skoria, 5 heavy shackle, and 5 riposte with lightning staff on front bar with back bar maelstrom resto. I normally use dbos just for the stun when in group. Now that beam is buffed I tried using soul assault and it's still just meh. I guess I could use sweeps for that mitigation but I want something a little more bursty. Idk what options there really is for what I'm looking for. Might just be sol

atm sweeps isnt that good, the damage and hitbox make it rather bad. soul assault is only singletarget and its mostly unefficient if not used in conjunction with eclypse and puryfying light. dbos is the ult to go, especially in small group, where an aoe burst ult with stun is key for success. otherwise devouring swarm is always a good ultimate, which keeps you going offensive and deals also nice damage.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without necro, there really isn't a great way to build for max mag, guess i could double destroc and run destruction mastery.
    Checkmath wrote: »

atm sweeps isnt that good, the damage and hitbox make it rather bad. soul assault is only singletarget and its mostly unefficient if not used in conjunction with eclypse and puryfying light. dbos is the ult to go, especially in small group, where an aoe burst ult with stun is key for success. otherwise devouring swarm is always a good ultimate, which keeps you going offensive and deals also nice damage.

@Checkmath can you templar reps please discuss the radius of empowering and cresent sweep? It's unnecessarily difficult to land this ultimate.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without necro, there really isn't a great way to build for max mag, guess i could double destroc and run destruction mastery.

@Checkmath can you templar reps please discuss the radius of empowering and cresent sweep? It's unnecessarily difficult to land this ultimate.

templar ultimates will be looked at for next update. the devs recognised, that templars lack a burst ultimate. maybe we will see some changes to sweeps ultimate therefore.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I think for solo play Devouring is so good. Especially on builds that are using time stop. Bring everyone into closed quarters, time stop, bats, Reflective, sweeps, GG.

I’d also highly recommended using SnB ult and immovable pot together to as a way to make your offense nearly impossible to counter. Being able to just hammer on someone for 6 seconds before needing to worry about health can be super clutch and also catch a lot of average-above average players off guard
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 17, 2018 12:57PM
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

templar ultimates will be looked at for next update. the devs recognised, that templars lack a burst ultimate. maybe we will see some changes to sweeps ultimate therefore.

I really really hope they change Empowering Sweep to hit a bit more like Dawnbreaker. The damage on it just isn't great, even running Axiom and War Maiden. And the damage reduction is barely worth it since you only ever hit 1-3 people with it (4-12%).

Also this might be too much to ask for, but a Nova morph that worked like the destro ult that follows you... omg drooling now.
    Edited by Datolite on August 17, 2018 1:03PM
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Checkmath Ahh good idea idk why i didn't think of that. Yeah dbos I don't think I'm gonna drop in group, but solo in cyro soul assault is crap. I'll have to give bats a try tonight.
    Edited by Datthaw on August 17, 2018 3:08PM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been running Soul Assault lately and have been having a lot of success with it...

The keys for using it are (IMO):

1) Only use it on opponents that are CC'd...
    2) Only use it on weakened opponents...
    3) Only use it if you've 1st placed Purifying Light on an opponent...

If you follow those rules, Soul Assault will get you a kill on most opponents...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

I think for solo play Devouring is so good. Especially on builds that are using time stop. Bring everyone into closed quarters, time stop, bats, Reflective, sweeps, GG.

I’d also highly recommended using SnB ult and immovable pot together to as a way to make your offense nearly impossible to counter. Being able to just hammer on someone for 6 seconds before needing to worry about health can be super clutch and also catch a lot of average-above average players off guard

Good comment!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I changed my Maplar to a heavy build and loved it last night in Battlegrounds. The only thing is I had tons of survivability but not a lot damage. I am running 5 PC heavy Shackle and 5 Piece Wizards. Monster helm for the moment is Pirates. Besides changing out the monster helm I was thinking of replacing Wizards with my previous fave, Overwhelming. Any thoughts?
    @ElizabethInTamriel; @ElizabethInESO
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I changed my Maplar to a heavy build and loved it last night in Battlegrounds. The only thing is I had tons of survivability but not a lot damage. I am running 5 PC heavy Shackle and 5 Piece Wizards. Monster helm for the moment is Pirates. Besides changing out the monster helm I was thinking of replacing Wizards with my previous fave, Overwhelming. Any thoughts?

I run Sload's + Lich + Skoria in BGs. I can sustain rly well, damage melts people aaaaaaand I can keep up some decent healing.
    Destro / Resto, with resto ultimate and meteor on damage-bar for the extra magicka. Although I rarely use it. Resto is too strong atm on a magplar to give it up imo.
    Playing aoe-dot build with walls/reflective/Blazing spear/Shock Clench/Radiant.

It's pretty efficient in BGs, and the extended ritual hot + rapid reg hot is pretty neat. Place your dots down and watch multiple people melt \o/
    I'm an argonian with spell power pots, though. So no stamina issues either.

Edit: I was duelling a DK in Light for testing purposes. I did 9% less damage in heavy, but also took 9% less. So the heavy/light is roughly a 9% trade off, I guess. I'm way more comfortable in heavy, than light anyway.

Edit2: If I wasn't running Sload's, I would either run Overwhelming or Kagrenac's probably. Maybe even Julianos, just for the easy-to-craft-dmg-set. Since I'm lazy. :> KAg's 5pc isnt that useful, but it gives some neat stats.
    Full tri-stat enchants and 3x rec glyphs, probably can get away with 2 rec + 1 sd.
    Edited by Lieblingsjunge on August 17, 2018 9:42PM
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭

I run Sload's + Lich + Skoria in BGs. I can sustain rly well, damage melts people aaaaaaand I can keep up some decent healing.
    Destro / Resto, with resto ultimate and meteor on damage-bar for the extra magicka. Although I rarely use it. Resto is too strong atm on a magplar to give it up imo.

It's pretty efficient in BGs, and the extended ritual hot + rapid reg hot is pretty neat. Place your dots down and watch multiple people melt \o/

Edit: I was duelling a DK in Light for testing purposes. I did 9% less damage in heavy, but also took 9% less. So the heavy/light is roughly a 9% trade off, I guess. I'm way more comfortable in heavy, than light anyway.

Edit2: If I wasn't running Sload's, I would either run Overwhelming or Kagrenac's probably. Maybe even Julianos, just for the easy-to-craft-dmg-set. Since I'm lazy. :> KAg's 5pc isnt that useful, but it gives some neat stats.
    Full tri-stat enchants and 3x rec glyphs, probably can get away with 2 rec + 1 sd.

Yeah I was thinking of trying out Shadowrend or maybe grab Skoria from my Mag NB. Not sure about Sloads though but with the nerf I might feel less guilty in using it lol.
    @ElizabethInTamriel; @ElizabethInESO
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I was thinking of trying out Shadowrend or maybe grab Skoria from my Mag NB. Not sure about Sloads though but with the nerf I might feel less guilty in using it lol.

Sload's is still strong in no-cp, but it isn't borderline broken anymore. I'm a filthy Sload's abuser since 1 week after it was released, and I have no shame :> When I see all the other cheese people run in BGs, I let myself run sloads. *snickers*

I like Skoria much more, since it's aoe pew pew, and shadowrend is.. idk. Nice for duelling I guess. Butthen again, I never tried it - always loved muh skoria <3

Edit: Although, I feel these days - Magplar is more about which playstyle you prefer, than anything. Ranged, melee, high dmg and no def, or def and high damage...? It's probably one of the more versatile classes in terms of gameplay-variety. You basically have to play a ranged msorc, but you don't have to play a melee templar. But they don't rly excel at anything :^
    Edited by Lieblingsjunge on August 17, 2018 9:50PM
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's the connection between Jesus Beam buff and Soul Assault ? Imo you should run at most one of them anyway, certainly not both.

As for that Jesus Beam buff: I tested it the other day with a turret build ( Axiom light, War Maiden, Slime Craw ) spamming from the back of a zerg mostly. So pretty ideal circumstances for it to shine, but the difference to before that patch is frankly quite minor. That's not much of a surprise of course, in PvP the modifier for very low health wasn't really that much of an issue to start with. Dunno if it intentional or not, the change is much more of a PvE fix for the ability.

Other classes seem to think so as well or the forums would already be flooded with whine threads about it ( again ).
    Edited by cazlonb16_ESO on August 18, 2018 9:00AM