Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Magplar PvP

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Lexxypwns why do you value the additional 1000ish mag and stam from Domihaus over a complete Grothdarr set? Its added damage is more than the slight tooltip increase you get to your abilities.

Great build though. I was initially skeptical of Amber on magplar since I block so often, but someone else turned me on to it and I like it a lot more than I expected.
    Edited by casparian on August 7, 2018 5:30PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Yubarius
    Yubarius
    ✭✭✭✭
    xGhost91x wrote: »
    So I'm still pretty new to magicka classes in PvP (old stam DK main) and I need some advice. I can get some kills but I'm WAY too squishy.

I'm currently running:
    2 Skoria (heavy)
    5 Spinners (chest, legs. boots, Nirnhoned inferno staff)
    5 Wizard's Riposte (belt, gloves, jewelry)
    2 Song of Lamae (sword and shield on back bar).

Anyone have any advice for a newbie Magplar?

I'd suggest using light fortified brass in place of wizards riposte if you're struggling to survive.
    • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqueror
    • YubariusX - Magicka Warden - Flawless Conqueror
    • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
    • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
    • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
    • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
    • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
    • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp

• Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everyone drop wizards next patch it will be trash..job done
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    everyone drop wizards next patch it will be trash..job done

Next patch ... I dropped it this patch ...

I'm.havi v a lot of success with transmutation chudan and then mixing up others sets depending on the situation from

Warmaiden, vicious death, mother's sorrow and even julianos ... These sets all have different jewelry traits too making them interesting in various ways
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea I have already dropped it in preparation.. now using 5/1/1L shackle, pirate skele, trans and willpower(dw) just as good to be fair( luckily I already had a full gold set of trans collecting dust), tri stat food

26k health
    39.5k mag
    18.5k stam
    2475 spell dmg (completly unbuffed)
    1600 recovery (unbuffed)
    3.1k crit resist (buffed)
    21k physical resist(buffed)
    25k spell resists (buffed)
    44% crit chance

when pirate procs I'm almost unkillable
    Edited by Syiccal on August 7, 2018 6:35PM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said before as a Templar there always will be a skill you have to go without. Even more now with the new skill line. Templars have very tight bars, so I can understand why some people want to free up slots.

Everyone has tight bars. Thank God my sorcs have overload. But, there's a difference between looking or wanting the skill and it being effective for youre purpose.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said before as a Templar there always will be a skill you have to go without. Even more now with the new skill line. Templars have very tight bars, so I can understand why some people want to free up slots.

Everyone has tight bars. Thank God my sorcs have overload. But, there's a difference between looking or wanting the skill and it being effective for youre purpose.

Not on the same level as a Templar, the entire new skill line can be used on a Templar but you probably can only slot one or two. Meanwhile you’re already missing out on multiple class skills, if it’s not class skills it’s vamp skills, if not that it’s weapon skills.

How can anyone else know what’s effective for another player without knowing their style of play, build or skill level? I’ve seen some good players have some of the craziest setups but 1vx players regularly.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    SneaK wrote: »
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Rattle cage is awful

Have you tried rattlecage in 5 light just using the arcane jewelry & weapon or 2 heavy pieces???

To be clear, my only issue with Rattlecage is that other sets exist that give more damage and there are utility sets that offer more utility.

For example, Overwhelming Surge gives you more damage than Rattlecage 5pc just on the 2-4pc and the 5pc is insane. Julianos and Spinners also offer a lot more damage, hell Spinners without Major Sorcery is within 2% of Rattlecage. Shackle offers 90% of the damage and also adds magika and stam sustain. Even Seducer adds enough sustain that you can easily recoup the difference in damage with jewelry glyphs.

Now, the argument for Rattlecage is that the utility gained by the skill slot will allow either more damage(an extra DoT) or more defense/utility. However, no DoT except Blockade adds comparable damage to Overwhelming Surge and they also require more micro management in your offensive rotation. Also, since I run Elemental Drain on all my offensive Magplar builds entropy gives me a guaranteed Minor Magikasteal proc even when I’m forced to turtle.

Imo, the only arguement for Rattlecage is “I already farmed it, it’s already gold, I don’t want to farm anything else”

The argument for Rattle cage is that major sorcery is % based & we already have 278x2 spell dmg from 2 infused spell dmg rings + the sp dmg from rattlecage

Yeah, you’re missing the point. Nobody plays without major sorcery on their mag builds unless they’re trash.

The question becomes: Does the skill slot I’m saving offer enough to offset the inadequate damage I’m getting from this set.

There’s basically never a case on Magplar that adding that additional skill slot creates a superior overall build than just wearing a damage set that actually supplies good damage.

You’re talking about dedicating 5 pieces of gear(and it has to be on both bars) to get 358 Spell damage and 1.5k health. Julianos offers only 60 less Spell damage and gives you 1k magika and 6% crit chance. Spinners gives 100 less Spell damage but also adds 1k Magika and 5.2% penetration. Overwhelming Surge offers 100 less Spell damage but adds 1k magika and an absurdly strong proc which can increase your damage against a specific target by 8%. Spell Power Cure offers 29 more Spell damage and 2k max magika and only needs to be on a single bar. Shackle offers 229 less Spell damage but adds 2k Mag 2k Stam and a line of recovery for each of them. Amber offers 229 spell damage less but adds 3% crit 1k Magika and 250 each Stam and Mag recovery.

Rattlecage is super inefficient and if you’re running it you will have a significantly lower concentration of stats compared to the other options. In addition you also lose out on the Max Mag and Mag recovery that Entropy offers which pushes the relative damage offered by Rattlecage even lower.

Everyone is entitled to run whatever they like, but that doesn’t mean it’s efficient. It also doesn’t mean people should post janky builds that have a significant disadvantage against efficient high level builds in a thread where someone is asking for help. We’re taking about an absolute bottom tier damage set and people are in here recommending it, it’s just absurd how bad Rattlecage is relative to your other options.

http://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=78580 Show me the Rattlecage build that’s even close to these stats.

I mean I think you’re exaggerating a bit to say it’s a bottom tier set. It’s a damage set that’s easy to use and plays well for a lot of people that would like to have an extra ability. And as far as the OP goes, he said he feels squishy. I don’t think a 22k health build like that would be what he’s after. I dunno though. Great build either way.

I just used real numbers to list off 7 sets that all vary from slightly better to vastly superior and that didn’t include: Caluurion, Winterborn, any defensive sets, Necro, etc. Rattlecage so so far down the list.

22k Health is nothing to sneeze at when you’ve got near limitless sustain. This build has more defense, healing, and health than light armor with Wizard’s. It’s also got higher tooltips and access to more viable defensive choices and much easier resetting of fights. Did you see the build he said was squishy before you tried to reference this one not being tacky enough?

So in the build you posted it basically boils down to if you value 250 mag and stam recovery vs an extra skill like total dark or time stop if you use rattlecage right?

You won’t hit 41k mag and 4K Spell damage subbing Rattle for Amber. So I value the higher damage AND sustain over the skill slot.

You can’t run Shackle+Cage and 3x Spell damage glyphs and apprentice, you won’t be able to sustain it because you can’t afford to use Clockwork instead of tri-stat.

You can run wm or ccf with shackle if you tristat 3 big and triune rings. That will give you the extra 3k stam you need in addition to shackle with about 750 stam regen before pots and continuous. Still wouldnt be going 3 spell dmg and apprentice though personally unless you're in small group and cp campaigns.

I need to protect my wife so i triglyph and triune everything. But im not a "heal bot " as I've been called im too many streams.
    Edited by Brutusmax1mus on August 7, 2018 7:02PM
  • Navras
    Navras
    ✭✭✭
    How is sustain with a 2/0/5 or 1/1/5 L/M/H armor?
    Ive always played wirh 5 light with riposte as defensive. I wasnt really happy plus the incoming nerf... so Im just wondering if should be an option moving to 5 heavy

Edit: forgor to add, no-cp bg
    Edited by Navras on August 7, 2018 7:14PM
    EU-PC
    cp 1500+
    Flawless Conqueror & Spirit Slayer

Main: Templar
    Alt: Stamblade, StamDK
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is not a bad build. If you need more tankiness just use lord warden if in group or chudan instead skoria while you Heat Up and put skoria again when ur heated up (i usually play that way and is fine for me). Remember that is much more important the way to Play than sets. Use inamovible pots like water, 3 stats food, asure you use dots for that skoria (vampire Bane, Frost touches, degeneration...), Asure u use gold weapons, Use myst for retreat, snares and those things... And have fun! Equipment is not everything in this Game!
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Mr_Nobody with all due respect, I don't think that's even remotely true.

These are the builds I've found with Rattlecage+Shackle(using that plus 1 Domi 1 Groth as a control). All of these builds gain 1700 HP over Shackle+Amber, here's what they sacrifice.

This one is just a direct copy of the Shackle+Amber with Rattlecage subbed out and Race Against Time added(its the most available damage to add which is the easiest way to make a direct comparisson). It has 200 more effective spell damage at the expense of 400 Magika Recovery and 400 Stam recovery.
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=79147

This one is gearing to the same level of Magika Recovery. It's got 200 less effective Spell Power and 400 less Stam recovery than Shackle+Amber.
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=79149

And this one has the same amount of Magika and Stam sustain but loses 600 effective Spell Power.
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=79151

And Amber is arguably about the 3rd or 4th best choice.

@casparian sometimes groth procs when I'm on defense since my source of Major Prophecy is a DoT. Sometimes it doesn't proc early enough in the burst window to matter. Also, the max stam on this build is uncomfortably low for me despite the insane stam regen because it does limit the amount of time you're able to hard turtle with block and makes you more reliant on Mist Form. As I've mentioned, I feel like being forced to go into Mist Form is a loss for me.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=79153
    @Brutusmax1mus here's your suggested build, it loses 600 effective Spell Damage and 400 stam recovery in order to gain 3.3k max Stam. That's about 20% longer blocking time but 40% longer between being able to block-turtle and a significant loss in damage. I mean, I understand what you're saying. I think you can easily swap bats for destro and run whatever skill you like in place of drain for small group play since, let's be honest, it's enough sustain without Drain if you're playing carefully. Radiant is also a flex spot you can easily replace with anything, its not even getting buffed until next patch and even then its arguable how important a single target execute is. Even Sweeps is a flex since it doesn't always function properly and is downright outperformed by Elemental Weapons in some situations or you can run Force Pulse/Crushing Shock for the destro passives and run Bats front bar to get the offensive healing.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 8, 2018 12:21AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to run slimecraw, war maiden and Caluurion.

I launch dark flares, javelin, and run away
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

These are the builds I've found with Rattlecage+Shackle(using that plus 1 Domi 1 Groth as a control). All of these builds gain 1700 HP over Shackle+Amber, here's what they sacrifice.

This one is just a direct copy of the Shackle+Amber with Rattlecage subbed out and Race Against Time added(its the most available damage to add which is the easiest way to make a direct comparisson). It has 200 more effective spell damage at the expense of 400 Magika Recovery and 400 Stam recovery.

This one is gearing to the same level of Magika Recovery. It's got 200 less effective Spell Power and 400 less Stam recovery than Shackle+Amber.

And this one has the same amount of Magika and Stam sustain but loses 600 effective Spell Power.

@casparian sometimes groth procs when I'm on defense since my source of Major Prophecy is a DoT. Sometimes it doesn't proc early enough in the burst window to matter. Also, the max stam on this build is uncomfortably low for me despite the insane stam regen because it does limit the amount of time you're able to hard turtle with block and makes you more reliant on Mist Form. As I've mentioned, I feel like being forced to go into Mist Form is a loss for me.

@Brutusmax1mus here's your suggested build, it loses 600 effective Spell Damage and 400 stam recovery in order to gain 3.3k max Stam. That's about 20% longer blocking time but 40% longer between being able to block-turtle and a significant loss in damage. I mean, I understand what you're saying. I think you can easily swap bats for destro and run whatever skill you like in place of drain for small group play since, let's be honest, it's enough sustain without Drain if you're playing carefully. Radiant is also a flex spot you can easily replace with anything, its not even getting buffed until next patch and even then its arguable how important a single target execute is. Even Sweeps is a flex since it doesn't always function properly and is downright outperformed by Elemental Weapons in some situations or you can run Force Pulse/Crushing Shock for the destro passives and run Bats front bar to get the offensive healing.

Very impressive rattlecage builds. I dont think more than 1500 mag regen is needed if you run argonian with drain and play smart.
    Could you upload argonian variants of your build?
    What heavy set would you use with overwhelming?
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to run slimecraw, war maiden and Caluurion.

I launch dark flares, javelin, and run away

I bet the dps with that build is nasty...

You might be a bit on the squishy side, but your dps can be so overwhelming that your defensive ability doesn't matter...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's precisely the value in sets like Rattlecage, Chudan, and others that give buffs in constant effect...

That bar space is extremely valuable...

Inaddition to saving on bar space, having a given buff up in constant effect does simplify your rotations; the less buffs you have to maintain, the more attention you can give to Healing and/or dps'ing...

I used to slot Rune at one point in time; having to regularly keep up that buff sucks bigtime IMHO...

When I adopted Chudan, my combat effectiveness went up immediately and significantly as I could focus fully on either Healing or dps'ing...

Some may favor having more raw stats, but (IMHO) there is great value in never having to worry about maintaining a given buff...

Because of that, I think Rattlecage can be perfectly viable and effective...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Very impressive rattlecage builds. I dont think more than 1500 mag regen is needed if you run argonian with drain and play smart.
    Could you upload argonian variants of your build?
    What heavy set would you use with overwhelming?

IMO, 1500 Mag recovery is barely passable and is going to get you in trouble if you have to use Mist extensively to reposition unless you have good group support. If forced to use Mist and then focused heavily I just don't see how you ever recover enough to go on offense. Resourceful will only get you back to ~40% magika which is too low to go offensive. That build also has 14k Stam and 1k stam recovery, which is a dangerous proposition when your best defensive mechanic is Blockcasting BoL.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why are you using atro with both channeled focus and ele drain? Swap that *** to apprentice! And clockwork food? Why not throw some health together, roll ghoulfood, and drop that stamina recovery enchant for another SD.

Send like a waste if you are using mist and potentially tri stats potions to aim for 1400 Stam recovery on a magplar BG spec.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lexxypwns that build is still running atro, not apprentice. All im saying with that was how he could run the bare minimum sustain and achieve the stam pool to compete. F rattlecage, we should honestly stop talking about it lol.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rattle cage is awful

Have you tried rattlecage in 5 light just using the arcane jewelry & weapon or 2 heavy pieces???

To be clear, my only issue with Rattlecage is that other sets exist that give more damage and there are utility sets that offer more utility.

For example, Overwhelming Surge gives you more damage than Rattlecage 5pc just on the 2-4pc and the 5pc is insane. Julianos and Spinners also offer a lot more damage, hell Spinners without Major Sorcery is within 2% of Rattlecage. Shackle offers 90% of the damage and also adds magika and stam sustain. Even Seducer adds enough sustain that you can easily recoup the difference in damage with jewelry glyphs.

Now, the argument for Rattlecage is that the utility gained by the skill slot will allow either more damage(an extra DoT) or more defense/utility. However, no DoT except Blockade adds comparable damage to Overwhelming Surge and they also require more micro management in your offensive rotation. Also, since I run Elemental Drain on all my offensive Magplar builds entropy gives me a guaranteed Minor Magikasteal proc even when I’m forced to turtle.

Imo, the only arguement for Rattlecage is “I already farmed it, it’s already gold, I don’t want to farm anything else”

The argument for Rattle cage is that major sorcery is % based & we already have 278x2 spell dmg from 2 infused spell dmg rings + the sp dmg from rattlecage

Yeah, you’re missing the point. Nobody plays without major sorcery on their mag builds unless they’re trash.

The question becomes: Does the skill slot I’m saving offer enough to offset the inadequate damage I’m getting from this set.

There’s basically never a case on Magplar that adding that additional skill slot creates a superior overall build than just wearing a damage set that actually supplies good damage.

You’re talking about dedicating 5 pieces of gear(and it has to be on both bars) to get 358 Spell damage and 1.5k health. Julianos offers only 60 less Spell damage and gives you 1k magika and 6% crit chance. Spinners gives 100 less Spell damage but also adds 1k Magika and 5.2% penetration. Overwhelming Surge offers 100 less Spell damage but adds 1k magika and an absurdly strong proc which can increase your damage against a specific target by 8%. Spell Power Cure offers 29 more Spell damage and 2k max magika and only needs to be on a single bar. Shackle offers 229 less Spell damage but adds 2k Mag 2k Stam and a line of recovery for each of them. Amber offers 229 spell damage less but adds 3% crit 1k Magika and 250 each Stam and Mag recovery.

Rattlecage is super inefficient and if you’re running it you will have a significantly lower concentration of stats compared to the other options. In addition you also lose out on the Max Mag and Mag recovery that Entropy offers which pushes the relative damage offered by Rattlecage even lower.

Everyone is entitled to run whatever they like, but that doesn’t mean it’s efficient. It also doesn’t mean people should post janky builds that have a significant disadvantage against efficient high level builds in a thread where someone is asking for help. We’re taking about an absolute bottom tier damage set and people are in here recommending it, it’s just absurd how bad Rattlecage is relative to your other options.

http://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=78580 Show me the Rattlecage build that’s even close to these stats.

I mean I think you’re exaggerating a bit to say it’s a bottom tier set. It’s a damage set that’s easy to use and plays well for a lot of people that would like to have an extra ability. And as far as the OP goes, he said he feels squishy. I don’t think a 22k health build like that would be what he’s after. I dunno though. Great build either way.

I just used real numbers to list off 7 sets that all vary from slightly better to vastly superior and that didn’t include: Caluurion, Winterborn, any defensive sets, Necro, etc. Rattlecage so so far down the list.

22k Health is nothing to sneeze at when you’ve got near limitless sustain. This build has more defense, healing, and health than light armor with Wizard’s. It’s also got higher tooltips and access to more viable defensive choices and much easier resetting of fights. Did you see the build he said was squishy before you tried to reference this one not being tacky enough?

So in the build you posted it basically boils down to if you value 250 mag and stam recovery vs an extra skill like total dark or time stop if you use rattlecage right?

You won’t hit 41k mag and 4K Spell damage subbing Rattle for Amber. So I value the higher damage AND sustain over the skill slot.

You can’t run Shackle+Cage and 3x Spell damage glyphs and apprentice, you won’t be able to sustain it because you can’t afford to use Clockwork instead of tri-stat.

You can run wm or ccf with shackle if you tristat 3 big and triune rings. That will give you the extra 3k stam you need in addition to shackle with about 750 stam regen before pots and continuous. Still wouldnt be going 3 spell dmg and apprentice though personally unless you're in small group and cp campaigns.

I need to protect my wife so i triglyph and triune everything. But im not a "heal bot " as I've been called im too many streams.

@Brutusmax1mus

Who are you in game?

You claim to know my character, but I have no clue who yours is...

Message it to me, if you don't want it to be public...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Procs are the way to go if you have any ideas about solo/small scale Magplar PvP with the intent of killing people.

No shame. Sload it up. Overwhelming and Skoria at a minimum. 5 heavy 2 light are good to get hit a little and I like inferno staff with Soul Assault and numerous single target DoT's. Sweeps on back bar + lingering health pots to buy time against multiple attackers. You can wear 3 proc sets and still have over 34k mag with 25k health and 14k stam. With enough regen and spell dmg as well. "Honor" is nice but winning is more fun.

Not using cheese gimps you against everyone else using cheese, aka a lot of ppl. I consider NB's entire playstyle cheese but don't complain about it. Not a huge fan of magDK's either. If you're going to root/reflect all day and have great heals and pressure with your no-life self, GET CHEESED. Say it as you kill them, it's fun af. And don't even get me started on which sets I consider cheese. A lot of them I run into all the time, like Duroks. Bonus points for added cost increase poisons. What about Reactive vamp DK's? Lol. If you want to excel on Magplar you have to use what you have at your disposal. ZOS decides what sets are available, not some butthurt streamers who selectively condemn sets and playstyles. Which is honestly what we all do. So cheese it up, ESO is not a competitive game, and you obvo don't care about that anyway if you're soloing on Magplar.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Procs are the way to go if you have any ideas about solo/small scale Magplar PvP with the intent of killing people.

No shame. Sload it up. Overwhelming and Skoria at a minimum. 5 heavy 2 light are good to get hit a little and I like inferno staff with Soul Assault and numerous single target DoT's. Sweeps on back bar + lingering health pots to buy time against multiple attackers. You can wear 3 proc sets and still have over 34k mag with 25k health and 14k stam. With enough regen and spell dmg as well. "Honor" is nice but winning is more fun.

Not using cheese gimps you against everyone else using cheese, aka a lot of ppl. I consider NB's entire playstyle cheese but don't complain about it. Not a huge fan of magDK's either. If you're going to root/reflect all day and have great heals and pressure with your no-life self, GET CHEESED. Say it as you kill them, it's fun af. And don't even get me started on which sets I consider cheese. A lot of them I run into all the time, like Duroks. Bonus points for added cost increase poisons. What about Reactive vamp DK's? Lol. If you want to excel on Magplar you have to use what you have at your disposal. ZOS decides what sets are available, not some butthurt streamers who selectively condemn sets and playstyles. Which is honestly what we all do. So cheese it up, ESO is not a competitive game, and you obvo don't care about that anyway if you're soloing on Magplar.

Cheese away. I'll still tbag you after killing you.
    Edited by Minno on August 8, 2018 1:19PM
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navras wrote: »
    Ive always played wirh 5 light with riposte as defensive. I wasnt really happy plus the incoming nerf... so Im just wondering if should be an option moving to 5 heavy

I run only 5 heavy, have done since.. I don't actually remember.

I'm not sure if this build editor is taking War Maiden or Axiom into account, as removing pieces has no change to the stats - But they don't look right whilst I'm at work - Not sure what's going on, someone might know more about the Build Editor - Anyway, here's a couple examples of what I do.

With 3 Recovery enchants
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=79251

With 1 reco, 2 SD enchants on Jewellery.
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=79256

With 3 SD enchants, Staff instead of DW (Requires 3 crafted rings, I made them blue for cost as that's super cheap)
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=79257

I run build 1 and love it, especially in BG's - Build 3 looks kinda nice though now I can see it. (Didn't change any skills about, probably would)

EDIT: These builds are 5-1-1 (heavy) 5-2 is better sustain marginally, it's your call.

P.S. If the build editor isn't calculating WM or Axiom correctly, there's missing SD on the stats.
    Edited by BNOC on August 8, 2018 3:32PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lexxypwns i was just saying
    Rattle cage is awful

@Brutusmax1mus

Who are you in game?

You claim to know my character, but I have no clue who yours is...

Message it to me, if you don't want it to be public...

BrutusNOMZ
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

I'm not sure if this build editor is taking War Maiden or Axiom into account, as removing pieces has no change to the stats - But they don't look right whilst I'm at work - Not sure what's going on, someone might know more about the Build Editor - Anyway, here's a couple examples of what I do.

With 3 Recovery enchants

With 3 SD enchants, Staff instead of DW (Requires 3 crafted rings, I made them blue for cost as that's super cheap)

I run build 1 and love it, especially in BG's - Build 3 looks kinda nice though now I can see it. (Didn't change any skills about, probably would)

EDIT: These builds are 5-1-1 (heavy) 5-2 is better sustain marginally, it's your call.

P.S. If the build editor isn't calculating WM or Axiom correctly, there's missing SD on the stats.

Only the tool tips of abilities will reflect axiom and maiden.

I run simialiar build with shackle breaker rings and weapons and have excellent results.
  • SeleneXIII
    SeleneXIII
    ✭✭✭

With 3 Recovery enchants

I've been scrolling through forums to see if someone else would come up/try that so far so glad someone else theorycrafted with shackle/innate combo for magplar :)

I was putting off crafting the jewelry since the cost is insane (i'm not rich lol) but wanted do it first thing when new update hits and they reduce upgrade requirements.I might try to do at least blue today though.

Anyone else has any ideas or experience with that build?
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would give Axiom a try if Magplars had a semi-decent class ultimate (since it only buffs class abilities) but unfortunately we don't so... :(

War Maiden is pretty nice for DW builds, and while it won't buff your heals like Axiom does at least you can frontbar WM and do something like Willpower SnB backbar.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Hey you do you. Bring some friends or I don't see you ever getting that bag in on me.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • SeleneXIII
    SeleneXIII
    ✭✭✭

With 3 Recovery enchants

Btw how do you reach 3882 spell power in the 3rd build? I build a similar build in terms of gear besides nirnhorned (but a dps/support for lols mix) with the same buffs and gold weapons where I can only see 3200

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=79268
    Edited by SeleneXIII on August 8, 2018 6:11PM
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With 3 Recovery enchants

Btw how do you reach 3882 spell power in the 3rd build? I build a similar build in terms of gear besides nirnhorned (but a dps/support for lols mix) with the same buffs and gold weapons where I can only see 3200

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=79268

I’m not actually sure? The build I copied from and edited to save me doing buffs had continuous ticked? Probably what it is. Also major prop shouldn’t be ticked either iirc.

With 3 Recovery enchants

I've been scrolling through forums to see if someone else would come up/try that so far so glad someone else theorycrafted with shackle/innate combo for magplar :)

I was putting off crafting the jewelry since the cost is insane (i'm not rich lol) but wanted do it first thing when new update hits and they reduce upgrade requirements.I might try to do at least blue today though.

Anyone else has any ideas or experience with that build?

I ran shackle with WM for a few patches and changes from snb to 2h in Clockwork. It was very good. That’s also when I swapped out Shackle for Axiom but I just always wanted to do the Axiom-Shackle combo since it’s like War-Maiden-Shackles big brother. I imagine it’ll be nice - Cant remember WM bonuses actually but you might be able to drop a recovery glyph too for even more damage.

I have all the pieces, I’ve just been having too much joy with DW 2H Axiom WM to change!

Give it a go and let me know.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Not using cheese gimps you against everyone else using cheese, aka a lot of ppl. I consider NB's entire playstyle cheese but don't complain about it. Not a huge fan of magDK's either. If you're going to root/reflect all day and have great heals and pressure with your no-life self, GET CHEESED. Say it as you kill them, it's fun af. And don't even get me started on which sets I consider cheese. A lot of them I run into all the time, like Duroks. Bonus points for added cost increase poisons. What about Reactive vamp DK's? Lol. If you want to excel on Magplar you have to use what you have at your disposal. ZOS decides what sets are available, not some butthurt streamers who selectively condemn sets and playstyles. Which is honestly what we all do. So cheese it up, ESO is not a competitive game, and you obvo don't care about that anyway if you're soloing on Magplar.[/quote

Hey you do you. Bring some friends or I don't see you ever getting that bag in on me.

Just saying; I Tbag all sloud users. Teammate or enemy, I'll be squatting.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual