The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 19 - Feedback Thread for Jewelry Crafting Master Writs.

Apherius
Apherius
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Jewelry Crafting
  • Dramatically improved the value of Artifact-quality Jewelry Crafting Master Writs, and significantly increased the value of Legendary-quality Jewelry Crafting Master Writs, in terms of their Writ Voucher payouts.
    • All Jewelry Crafting Writs received in the future will see this increased Voucher value; this change will not impact any Jewelry Crafting Master Writs already present in game.

When i told this to my guild mates, first they were pretty sad cause this means all the current jewelry crating writs won't see this increased voucher value. But they were pretty happy at the same times cause it means that the jewelry crafting writs while worth doing.

I have tried to see what they mean by " Dramatically improved the value " on the PTS, and here are are the lowest and the highest value for both Epic and legendary jewelry crafting writs I found
6p1l.png

EDIT: the new jewelry writs will be worth doing !!
We’ve heard your concerns about Jewelry Crafting, and we’ve been working on a few changes to help address them. The change to the value of Master Writs was a big part of those changes, but it isn’t the only part – or even the biggest! We’d like to inform you of some of the changes we’re currently working on for Jewelry Crafting.
  • First, we’ve noticed that some players will leave Blacksmithing resources alone in their search for more Jewelry Crafting materials – which can result, in the long run, in a zone having too few Jewelry Crafting Seams for players to find. To help alleviate this, in an upcoming PTS patch, we’ll be adding a small amount of Jewelry Crafting raw material to some (but not all) Blacksmithing ore nodes. Not only will this encourage players to harvest both Blacksmithing and Jewelry Crafting resources, it will also result in more Jewelry Crafting Dust being mined overall (as we are not affecting the yield of existing Jewelry Crafting Seams at all).
  • Second – and this is the big one – in an upcoming PTS patch, we’ll be significantly reducing the number of Platings it takes to upgrade a piece of Jewelry. At maximum rank in Platings Expertise, it will take you only a single Terne Plating to upgrade a ring from White to Green, and it will take only 4 Chromium Platings to upgrade a ring from Purple to Gold – both of which are half of what it takes currently on Live.
With these changes, we aim to make the experience of obtaining Jewelry Crafting materials, upgrading Rings and Necklaces, and completing Jewelry Crafting Master Writs more enjoyable and economically beneficial. They should arrive on PTS sometime soon – and be included in the final Live release of the Wolfhunter DLC pack.

Edited by Apherius on July 17, 2018 4:04PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do writ for 460 vouchers. Approximate voucher value, 460,000 gold

Sell the gold upgrade mats you would have used in that writ. Approximate value, 720,000 gold (not counting the other mats involved yet).

ZOS, why are you dead set against making this brand new system worthwhile? What is the downside in making your players happy about the brand new system you added with your newest chapter?

• Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    Save the writs for when the prices of the mats go down, yes the prices will go down. 461 vouchers is alot.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cêltic421 wrote: »
    Save the writs for when the prices of the mats go down, yes the prices will go down. 461 vouchers is alot.

ZOS now balances systems against future economic changes to the game instead of the current economy? The system has been in place for 2 months now. Prices are stabilizing. They need to drop at least to HALF of what they are currently to make this a break even deal. That's a lot of extra price dropping that needs to happen before this system implemented 2 months ago starts to look viable.

Also, your advice to save those writs didn't work out so well for the people that saved the first batch as the new change isn't retroactive. That worked out well for players, huh?
    Edited by redspecter23 on July 12, 2018 1:53PM
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭

ZOS now balances systems against future economic changes to the game instead of the current economy? The system has been in place for 2 months now. Prices are stabilizing. They need to drop at least to HALF of what they are currently to make this a break even deal. That's a lot of extra price dropping that needs to happen before this system implemented 2 months ago starts to look viable.

Also, your advice to save those writs didn't work out so well for the people that saved the first batch as the new change isn't retroactive. That worked out well for players, huh?

Idk, what was the result of the first batch? I wasn't even talking about the first batch.

You your self said change isn't retroactive. 461 writ voucher will still be 461 writ voucher when prices of the mats becomes cheaper. An already collected writ will not change the voucher value when prices become cheaper.

Why argue?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I clearly think Zos is out of touch with this and agree with the overall idea of OP's comparisons, Zos might be looking at material prices generally devalue over a period of time and that would make it difficult to find the right settings into the game today.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Idk, what was the result of the first batch? I wasn't even talking about the first batch.

You your self said change isn't retroactive. 461 writ voucher will still be 461 writ voucher when prices of the mats becomes cheaper. An already collected writ will not change the voucher value when prices become cheaper.

Why argue?

There is no reason for the mats to drop in value. Just holding out hope that the system will work itself out over time doesn't make any sense. There are changes that could happen to affect the value, but with no other changes, what would make the grains drop from 9k to 4.5k and how long would you expect that to take? Just blindly assuming that the value will eventually drop to the point that this master writ is worth doing isn't a solution.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not happy at all about the change.

1. Current jewelry master writs are then official worthless. With a new increased master writ there will be no way the current ones can ever be of any value w/o inflating the worth of the new ones beyond what they should be.
    2. The new increased jewelry master writs are still way too costly (as already mentioned in this thread).

Zos, you solved nothing and replaced a broken system with another broken system. Just a hot mess.

SOLUTION is simple: Don't let the new master writs go live. Increase the drop rate of gold jewelry mats slowly through whatever means you see fit until you find a good balance. EZ.
  • Lorem123
    Lorem123
    ✭✭✭
    As it stands these are still not worth doing, except maybe the purple 8-9 traits infused ones.

I fail to understand why the Infused trait is the Nirnhoned of jewelry, multiplier value-wise. It's nowhere near being the less common trait. If anything either Harmony or Swift should be (Harmony takes forever getting a trait material, Swift trait material is bought for 20 vouchers so the writ should compensate that extra cost).

The ones with a low # set trait requirement are still crap.

Both trait and set trait requirement for other types of master writs are a bonus to the amount you get, not the determining factor on whether the writ is worth doing to begin with. The BASE value of the jewelry writs needs increasing a lot more, and the trait/set bonus have a lower multiplier value.

Legendary ones still lol. The highest amount you can currently get from other types of MW is rubedite weapon, nirnhoned, legendary, 9 traits, worm cult = 410 vouchers. 60 more vouchers for the best possible JC one is still a joke given the much greater cost involved in the materials.

And no, ZOS cannot base the vouchers reward on the player established market values, as they differ immensely from platform to platform. Somebody mentions 9k for Chromium Grains - well, on PS4 EU they still go for ~20k.

All this on top of the fact that if you get enough Chromium Platings for a gold item, you're probably better off spending them to upgrade some piece of jewerly you intend to use rather than a master writ, even if they were worth ~1k-ish, because it will be a very long time (or a very large amount of money) before you see that amount of platings again.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why argue?

Because jewellery writs will still be useless unless they rework the system again?
  • Gallagher563
    Gallagher563
    ✭✭✭
    Lorem123 wrote: »
    As it stands these are still not worth doing, except maybe the purple 8-9 traits infused ones.

I fail to understand why the Infused trait is the Nirnhoned of jewelry, multiplier value-wise. It's nowhere near being the less common trait. If anything either Harmony or Swift should be (Harmony takes forever getting a trait material, Swift trait material is bought for 20 vouchers so the writ should compensate that extra cost).

The ones with a low # set trait requirement are still crap.

Both trait and set trait requirement for other types of master writs are a bonus to the amount you get, not the determining factor on whether the writ is worth doing to begin with. The BASE value of the jewelry writs needs increasing a lot more, and the trait/set bonus have a lower multiplier value.

Legendary ones still lol. The highest amount you can currently get from other types of MW is rubedite weapon, nirnhoned, legendary, 9 traits, worm cult = 410 vouchers. 60 more vouchers for the best possible JC one is still a joke given the much greater cost involved in the materials.

And no, ZOS cannot base the vouchers reward on the player established market values, as they differ immensely from platform to platform. Somebody mentions 9k for Chromium Grains - well, on PS4 EU they still go for ~20k.

All this on top of the fact that if you get enough Chromium Platings for a gold item, you're probably better off spending them to upgrade some piece of jewerly you intend to use rather than a master writ, even if they were worth ~1k-ish, because it will be a very long time (or a very large amount of money) before you see that amount of platings again.

I think it would be OK for ZOS to base prices on PC prices because console prices are usually just a couple weeks behind. I play on ps4. Another option would be to base it on 10x the prices of blacksmith temps now since they share a node and you need 10x gold jewelry mats.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with Jewelry writs and jewelry crafting in general will always be the x10 system until zos wises up and changes it.

Im on ps4, price of a gold plating is 120k, average voucher price is 800g. That means a legendary writ for jewelry crafting doesnt even BEGIN to pay out until it is at 1200 vouchers.....

If you could even get the mats to craft it.....
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they bring out changes, good changes, and people still complain because of the prices set by greedy players on materials. player pricing IS NOT, and SHOULD NOT be a factor. these writ changes are great.
  • Gallagher563
    Gallagher563
    ✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    they bring out changes, good changes, and people still complain because of the prices set by greedy players on materials. player pricing IS NOT, and SHOULD NOT be a factor. these writ changes are great.

The economy is the economy and it has very little to do with greed and more to do with supply and demand. This change is in the right direction but nowhere near making the system viable. Player pricing is a factor in this case because their are other ways to earn writs, and players including you will always choose the writs that cost the least to make per writ.
  • mlstevens42_ESO
    mlstevens42_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am not thinking so much about what it would cost me at a vendor. Pure and simple not enough upgrade mats drop period. Even if I farm out all of my own mats it would take weeks to get enough gold grains to do ONE piece just one. This does not account for all of the other upgrade mats required to do this.

Unlike other upgrade mats which drop as a whole rosin temper or wax these drop in little pieces of said upgrade mats and then only drop about as often as the whole items from other crafting disciplines. It is the rarity that makes them obnoxious to get even if you never bring having to buy them to get them into the picture. As it stands even with the upgrade they would be to costly in time and or cash to complete.

Not to mention screwing those that have been saving the now worthless mw from before these new changes go into effect. I figure why even bother giving me another worthless master writ before or after the changes. I will never do them might as well just sell all of the upgrade mats to someone that wants to invest in making their jewelry gold rather then keep anything from the system as far as crafting master writs anyway. If you want something that is decent for jewelry in its entire scheme make furnishings least it does not cost as much to do. If furnishing require plating it isn't as costly as it is to do rings and or necklaces anyway one or two here or there rather then the cost for one gold ring. Two green plates three blue plates four purple plates and eight gold plates and each plate needing ten grains to be complete just for one ring/necklace. Meh I will skip it.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry master writs are the toilet paper of Tamriel and now we've upgraded to scented.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Golden temper drop rate is abysmal. That needs to fixed so we could actually made golden jewelry.
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I keep hearing this ridiculous argument over and over again. On PC, it's been 2 months. Prices are not going to drop much anymore.

Want to know why? Gold tempers have stabilized at around 6k on PC NA. These items have been around for years. That is their price, barring any major upsets.

Now, chromium grains are far, far rarer than tempering alloys. The nodes are rarer, and the actual refinement rate seems to be rarer from dust than alloys are from ore. Therefore, chromium grains will never be cheaper than 6k. I would be surprised if they ever drop below the ~8k we are seeing now, assuming nothing else changes.

So the cheapest it will ever be to craft a gold piece of jewelry is 480K + purple / blue / green costs. Right now it is at 640K - 720K, and frankly I doubt it will ever go down further on it's own.

• Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I keep hearing this ridiculous argument over and over again. On PC, it's been 2 months. Prices are not going to drop much anymore.

Want to know why? Gold tempers have stabilized at around 6k on PC NA. These items have been around for years. That is their price, barring any major upsets.

Now, chromium grains are far, far rarer than tempering alloys. The nodes are rarer, and the actual refinement rate seems to be rarer from dust than alloys are from ore. Therefore, chromium grains will never be cheaper than 6k. I would be surprised if they ever drop below the ~8k we are seeing now, assuming nothing else changes.

So the cheapest it will ever be to craft a gold piece of jewelry is 480K + purple / blue / green costs. Right now it is at 640K - 720K, and frankly I doubt it will ever go down further on it's own.

Exactly this. I don't see why Chromium Grain prices will go down. Why? And if at some point ZOS increases the drop chance (something I doubt), Tempering Alloy still costs around 6k even when it's easy to get.

So, saving the 4XX vouchers or more for "when prices drop" isn't a good advise.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I'm still using the DESTROY feature.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is not the 1st time you've posted this opinion about the "prices set by greed players" and it could not be more wrong. Prices are determined by the drop rates and availability of materials. ZoS has direct control over each of those factors. If jewelry nodes were as frequent as other nodes, if there was hirelings, if the upgrade cost wasnt 10x, prices wouldn't be this high. The player-base takes what they are given and chooses the prices from there. ZoS could sink the prices of anything in the next patch by altering the drop-rates.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Price will only go down if demand is overtaken by supply, given how slow these items are to accumulate that simply won’t happen, unless ZOS buffs the drop rate through the roof the price won’t go anywhere

On the plus side we now know that the changes won’t be retroactive, which means I can just go on destroying these things... keeps it simple at least :D
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

This is not the 1st time you've posted this opinion about the "prices set by greed players" and it could not be more wrong. Prices are determined by the drop rates and availability of materials. ZoS has direct control over each of those factors. If jewelry nodes were as frequent as other nodes, if there was hirelings, if the upgrade cost wasnt 10x, prices wouldn't be this high. The player-base takes what they are given and chooses the prices from there. ZoS could sink the prices of anything in the next patch by altering the drop-rates.

Besides that greed is a normal part economics. Get used to it.

I expect the prices to drop a bit more, but probably not less than 7000 per grain. It seems to me that a grain has roughly the same refining drop rate as tempering alloy, but since ther are no hirelings and the jewelry nodes are a subset of the metallurgical nodes it will always be worth a bit more.

I would vote for jewelry hirelings as a solution if asked, but i have stacks of master writs I am already too "busy" to do so I would still be unlikely to do Jewelry master writs.
    Playing since beta...
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we can all agree that the primary issue with jewelry crafting master writs is the allocation and cost of jewelry upgrade mats. In fact, the vast majority of issues with jewelry crafting in general revolve around these jewelry upgrade mats. I think we as players need to make it abundantly clear to ZOS to focus their efforts on fixing the upgrade mats and/or the upgrade system of jewelry crafting. IMO the root of the problem needs to be addressed instead of inflating the WV value of each writ as a bandaid solution.

ZOS has stated that their intentions with jewelry crafting were to maintain the high value of upper qualities of jewelry (especially gold) while continuing to incentivize endgame PVE content as a means to acquire gold quality jewelry. However, the overwhelming consensus among the endgame community is that jewelry crafting is completely out of touch with endgame content. When you complete a vet trial, you are awarded 1 piece of gold jewelry. This jewelry can be deconstructed for a CHANCE at a single chromium grain. Meaning, 1 gold trial jewelry has a CHANCE at equaling 1/80th of a piece of gold upgraded jewelry. On average, you'd have to complete about 160 vet trials to obtain the 8 gold platings needed for a single piece of crafted gold jewelry. How exactly is this system supposed to synergize with endgame content?

I think a first step towards fixing jewelry crafting is to make deconstructing gold jewelry more rewarding. Make it similar to transmute geodes in that each deconned gold jewelry ALWAYS drops 1-5 chromium gains based on RNG. Additionally, completing a trial on HM difficulty could reward you with a chromium PLATING on top of the current rewards. My logic is that players who are already getting an abundance of gold trial jewelry should reasonably be able to craft gold jewelry as well. Obviously they could also choose to sell the upgrade mats, which would be a welcome increase in market supply and would drive down prices to the point where these jewelry crafting master writs are more worthwhile. After fixing the broken jewelry upgrade system, then ZOS could work on adjusting master writ rewards to bring them to an appropriate level.

tl;dr: the WV rewards of these master writs are a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself. ZOS should focus on fixing the jewelry crafting upgrade system before spending too much time tweaking WV rewards.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    Jewelry Crafting
    • Dramatically improved the value of Artifact-quality Jewelry Crafting Master Writs, and significantly increased the value of Legendary-quality Jewelry Crafting Master Writs, in terms of their Writ Voucher payouts.
      • All Jewelry Crafting Writs received in the future will see this increased Voucher value; this change will not impact any Jewelry Crafting Master Writs already present in game.

When i told this to my guild mates, first they were pretty sad cause this means all the current jewelry crating writs won't see this increased voucher value. But they were pretty happy at the same times cause it means that the jewelry crafting writs while worth doing.

BUT, i have tried to see what they mean by " Dramatically improved the value " on the PTS, and here are are the lowest and the highest value for both Epic and legendary jewelry crafting writs I found
    6p1l.png

What it means ? Let's take the highest I found, 461 vouchers, the current voucher price is 500/600 gold, it mean the writ worth 230K, let's take a look to the mats and particularly the gold mats, 1 gold dust worth 9K, it mean you need to spend 720K gold to do this writ ...
    It would take days of farm to get all these gold mats by your own, even if you get them, this would be better to sell them and the writ, than doing the writ. We agree on this point ?

Let's take an example, a clothing writ, ( 88 vouchers, worth 44K gold ), a dreugh wax cost 4400/4800 gold, it mean it cost you 37K gold to do this writ ( as i said the writ worth 44K gold )
    The mats cost less than the master writ, and if you have the dreugh wax ( pretty easy to get) the choice between doing or selling the writ is interesting.

There is 2 way to solve this problem, they can increase the voucher value on these "legendary" jewelry master writ to 1600 vouchers or make the gold mats for jewelry crafting easier to get.

I believe a few people while use these jewelry crafting writs, those who want the " Legendary Jewelry crafter " achievement, they will get it and 400+ vouchers, then they will sell some Jewelry crafting Research scroll to get half of the golds they spent on these gold mats.

ZOs please improve jewellery crafting. I just shelved all master writs for jewellery crafting
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as i was able to look at JC writs, the old traits (arcane, healthy, robust) have been included and yield the lower amount of voucher. - Which is fine, since the traits are picked up during mat-farming or deconstructing jewellery.

The harder to get traits / more expensive new traits all yield a biger amount of voucher to account for trait material.

As for platings... markets are going to be saturated pretty soon (Consoles might take longer, but PC is already going down in prices). Basically transmutation is the way to go for most jewellery, as it has no cost once one knows the traits. Sources for golden jewellery is accessable (Golden vendor) eventually, for everyone. Adding to it golden jewellery is not mandatory for pretty much all ingame-scenarios. Unlike golden weapons, golden jewellery usually doesn't offer a big stat boost.

I think its fine, the way it got changed. Creating golden jewellery will be usefull for complete niche builds, people that like to show off squeeze the very last 1% out of their build... and crafters that want 400+ voucher. ;)

Edited by Elsterchen on July 16, 2018 7:48PM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's simple, really. If you're going to require 10x the mats, the writ should reward 10x the vouchers.

They're requiring 10x the mats, when the rate of acquisition of those mats are lower than that of other crafts (no hirelings and normal writs returning fewer improvement mats). And giving only 1-5x the vouchers.

Let's not forget here that the rewards are still a random range. And you could still get a legendary voucher that's in the 100's.

Everything else--about market prices and whatnot are just red herrings and are irrelevant.

Repeat after me: 1-5x the reward does not satisfy 10x the mat requirement.

They have three options:
    1. Scrap this ludicrous grain system and make jewelry crafting much like other crafts.
    2. Keep the grain system, but increase the drop rates of grains. E.g., more than 1 grain from decon and higher grain yields from refinement. Right now, grains drop at the same rate as full mats of the other crafts. Except without hirelings and crippled regular writ rewards.
    3. Keep the grain system, keep the drop rate, and adjust the voucher reward to reflect the reality of the craft. I.e., 10x the voucher reward. Not some piddling insult of 1-5x.

Pick one ZOS. And remember that this is a craft system that people paid money for. Stop insulting us.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    I think its fine, the way it got changed. Creating golden jewellery will be usefull for complete niche builds, people that like to show off squeeze the very last 1% out of their build... and crafters that want 400+ voucher. ;)

Getting just PURPLE jewelry from a crafted white quality piece is insane though.
    Gold is just what people chose to focus on in their posts because that's as ridiculous as expecting every child to win the lottery and become the best professional football quarterback in history while working as an astrophysicist and living for 1000 years looking 20 years old the entire time.

Crafting jewelry or upgrading anything beyond the level it drops at is just absolutely worthless.
    It requires people to be absolutely sure what set they want to upgrade and pray to god that ZOS doesn't change anything that makes them want another set more or nerfs their set.

ZOS designed this as if they are done changing the game so that people know exactly what to expect. They themselves forgot about the fact that everything changes so making something that suffers from change and deters it is absolutely stupid.
  • Vaelen
    Vaelen
    ✭✭✭

This is exactly what needs to happen to Jewelrycrafting materials in order for the writs to be worthwhile:
    DQmZu2udxwNHdn2XYufN7FmzHirop5oV5WAcLSN8n11hgQB
  • ZOS_MSchroeder
    ZOS_MSchroeder
    ✭✭✭✭
    We’ve heard your concerns about Jewelry Crafting, and we’ve been working on a few changes to help address them. The change to the value of Master Writs was a big part of those changes, but it isn’t the only part – or even the biggest! We’d like to inform you of some of the changes we’re currently working on for Jewelry Crafting.
    • First, we’ve noticed that some players will leave Blacksmithing resources alone in their search for more Jewelry Crafting materials – which can result, in the long run, in a zone having too few Jewelry Crafting Seams for players to find. To help alleviate this, in an upcoming PTS patch, we’ll be adding a small amount of Jewelry Crafting raw material to some (but not all) Blacksmithing ore nodes. Not only will this encourage players to harvest both Blacksmithing and Jewelry Crafting resources, it will also result in more Jewelry Crafting Dust being mined overall (as we are not affecting the yield of existing Jewelry Crafting Seams at all).
    • Second – and this is the big one – in an upcoming PTS patch, we’ll be significantly reducing the number of Platings it takes to upgrade a piece of Jewelry. At maximum rank in Platings Expertise, it will take you only a single Terne Plating to upgrade a ring from White to Green, and it will take only 4 Chromium Platings to upgrade a ring from Purple to Gold – both of which are half of what it takes currently on Live.
    With these changes, we aim to make the experience of obtaining Jewelry Crafting materials, upgrading Rings and Necklaces, and completing Jewelry Crafting Master Writs more enjoyable and economically beneficial. They should arrive on PTS sometime soon – and be included in the final Live release of the Wolfhunter DLC pack.
    Michael Schroeder
    Senior Systems Designer - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Staff Post
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The squeaky wheel gets the grease!! ;)