The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

This is why people Hate the PVP Cyrodil Community

• D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    Said it before, I'll say it again. You call it griefing, I'd say that the Dominion's lack of tactical foresight enabled a pinpoint strike to deny your side points. Points, in that this is a game about Elves and catmen 'n stuff.

Also, LUL you let it happen again.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I haven’t seen a good breaking the stairs with both scrolls farm in a long while. It’s time for a comeback campaign for true trolling expertise.

Come play on Xbox NA Vivec. It's a pretty common tactic of AD in DC homekeeps, up until we manage to get across and whoop 'em.

Trolls are lame, but they for sure provide good opportunities for us to up our game and learn to adapt on the battlefield.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »

I haven’t seen a good breaking the stairs with both scrolls farm in a long while. It’s time for a comeback campaign for true trolling expertise.

Come play on Xbox NA Vivec. It's a pretty common tactic of AD in DC homekeeps, up until we manage to get across and whoop 'em.

Trolls are lame, but they for sure provide good opportunities for us to up our game and learn to adapt on the battlefield.

It was last year for us too. Console players are a year behind PC though.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fiktius wrote: »
    Minyassa wrote: »
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Minyassa wrote: »
    This is why I will never voluntarily PvP. Just knowing that it's full of people like this and people who defend them or just don't care makes the whole thing look like less fun than a quadruple root canal.

One *** hundreds of really cool people ...

PvP isn't full of *** just so you know

Okay so several people have answered me with this, in varying degrees of hostility. Let me pose this question, then: have you SEEN all the threads in this forum about nasty behavior in PvP and how many of the responses are people defending it? It's not the same few people all the time. It's dozens of different ones going out of their way to defend nasty behavior, to ridicule people for wanting sportsmanship and basic decency, and to deflect by immediately pointing at PvE. There's *never* not someone defending any horrible behavior someone takes to the forums to complain about. And yeah, that might just mean that the *forums* are what's really toxic, but you have to also consider that these people aren't just in the forum, they are in the forum AND in Cyrodiil enjoying making other people's lives miserable. So I think I have a pretty good cause for my thinking that Cyrodiil is full of people who live to ruin other people's fun. It's what I've seen here in the forum nearly every day for the year or so I've been playing. How am I supposed to NOT think that's indicative of the PvP community?

Reason why you see more toxic posts on forums is something which can be explained with basic common sense:

When something is actually going well in game and people are satisfied, they enjoy the content & company of players they have around and are actually having good time. How likely these players are going to arrive on forums and make a thread:
    "Hey guys, I had fun today and met awesome players in PvP. I had amazing 1 vs 1 fights and I learned a lot."
    That's not too likely going to happen. But when something is irritating players, something goes wrong or if players find any other kind of reason to complain, then it's more likely that threads about it pops up, including certain levels of toxic comments. But then again the same goes with PvE. Not many will arrive on forums and telling how awesome trial/dungeon round they had with great team they happened to complete the content with. But when someone gets treated horribly by players with elitist attitudes, stories about that will higher likely show up on forums. Nothing uncommon nor unexpected here.

And now if players are telling you that some bad apples among certain community does not reflect entire PvP/PvE player base, you are refusing to believe, based on what you've read on forums over time. But I guess that doesn't matter anymore for you. You've decided to believe what you want and probably no one can change that.

Don't try and tell me what I want to believe. I *want* to believe there's some chance that I can get my stuff done that I have to do in PvP and not be utterly miserable for however many weeks it takes me, because it's depressing af to face that and it's why I don't have a complete PvE character yet. And I'm aware that people yell when there's a problem and are quiet when things are good. But if I see 60 posts from different horrible PvPers in a 2 month span, that means that there are at least 60 absolutely horrible people actively in PvP right now that I am probably going to run into if I go there, do you see what I'm saying? And nobody cares to do anything about that, or even sympathizes with people who don't like that. It's all "that's part of the game" or "grow a thicker skin" or "don't play games if you have PTSD" or other dismissive and enabling crap that basically adds up to "yes, it's awful and we don't care." And instead of showing me examples of why you think I'm wrong, you just scold me and blow me off as pre-convinced. So, again...how am I supposed to think the community isn't hostile if all I have to go by is people saying it isn't...in a hostile manner, to boot?
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple coding can help solve it. Just make so the scroll can only be dropped on dry land.

I was there for those scenarios - its just stupid play.
  • BloodBeast_ESO
    BloodBeast_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    toxic gaming now recruiting scroll swimmers
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toxicity is everywhere these days. Even in music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOZuxwVk7TU

In all seriousness, do we even know if that is a bannable offense?
    Edited by Cadbury on June 22, 2018 6:13PM
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • BloodBeast_ESO
    BloodBeast_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    still the OP is salty over something that's now done in good fun
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dude a guy threatened to sexually assault me when he found out I was a girl (would say his name but that would be naming and shaming which is against forum rules). Dude bro pvpers are the epitome of toxic. Fortunately they're not the only demographic in Cyrodiil but wooo are they prevalent and their effect felt.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh. My god. HAHAHA

You people really take this game too seriously. With the wannabe-MLG community that's taken over Cyrodiil these past couple years, I've never dealt with so much toxic and hateful behavior outside of Starcraft.

Given the opportunity, I will do the exact same thing just because this community has such warped and childish views on the game, and expect everyone to cater to their experience.

Recognition? Infamy even? This doesn't give you that, people will forget in a month. That's not why I would do it.

It's just spite. Karma and spite.

The scrolls just reset in 10 or so minutes anyways right ? Why even stress .

Problem here is cheating or exploting. DC spy get AD scroll and put in middle of water. It will reset back to last it was taken , not to AD location.In the end AD score is getting affected. This scenario is common way of cheating or exploiting campaign and continues multiple times. ZOs needs immediate attention to players who did this and fix the issue. ZOs not sure what steps taken to stop this cheating/ exploting and its confidential.

This is another cheating/exploitation. Already many alts are logging in AD and doing nothing. Its another exploitation and faction lock is long overdue. Its a serious issue. This is common practice in PC/NA server.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on June 22, 2018 7:51PM
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throwing scrolls into the Slaughterfish water is bad sportsmanship but you know what else is bad sportsmanship? Always outnumbering both factions combined. Its easy to take scrolls and Emp from both factions when you can steamroll though them. When OP complained about Pvpers experience being ruined from scrolls in water, other Pvpers experience got ruined from the sheer number of AD that log on.

GKg6e1b.png

In fact everyone know how DC & EP are mocking with AD population by logging in alts . Already so many complaints raised. Need to lock faction once campaign started its long overdue by ZOs. So many characters logged in AD alts doing nothing. This is common in PC/NA. In fact it only shows how DC & EP are logging in alts and spoiling PVP. Nothing else.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on June 22, 2018 7:52PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh. My god. HAHAHA

You people really take this game too seriously. With the wannabe-MLG community that's taken over Cyrodiil these past couple years, I've never dealt with so much toxic and hateful behavior outside of Starcraft.

Given the opportunity, I will do the exact same thing just because this community has such warped and childish views on the game, and expect everyone to cater to their experience.

Recognition? Infamy even? This doesn't give you that, people will forget in a month. That's not why I would do it.

Problem here is cheating or exploting. DC spy get AD scroll and put in middle of water. It will reset back to last it was taken , not to AD location. This scenario is common way of cheating or exploiting campaign. ZOs needs immediate attention to players who did this and fix the issue.

plus it buys time for the enemy to reflip the keep and keep the scroll in their hands

bkt8kdi45wij.png

Think this type of mocking is fun?
  • BloodBeast_ESO
    BloodBeast_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Oh. My god. HAHAHA

Problem here is cheating or exploting. DC spy get AD scroll and put in middle of water. It will reset back to last it was taken , not to AD location. This scenario is common way of cheating or exploiting campaign. ZOs needs immediate attention to players who did this and fix the issue.

plus it buys time for the enemy to reflip the keep and keep the scroll in their hands

bkt8kdi45wij.png

Think this type of mocking is fun?

kek he is right tho the mocking was funny and ad deserves the trolling
    Edited by BloodBeast_ESO on June 22, 2018 6:56PM
  • BloodBeast_ESO
    BloodBeast_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    u salty over a scroll troll
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    >2018
    >still caring about pvp objectives

???
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylphie wrote: »
    >2018
    >still caring about pvp objectives

???

yes, because there is more to cyrodil than an ap grind
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disgusting. Idiots like that griefer should be permanently banned.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many of us in the pvp community on console are actually nice people. There are trolls in every MMO and always will be.
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    g3yuaw50b0wa.png
    Text chat has been edited to remove profanity
    32i3unk0smy7.png
    v12w8nwsjl37.png
    This along with scroll trading is one of the things wrong with cyrodil. Today I had the "pleasure" of being in the receiving end of the whole scroll griefing that goes on in cyrodil. He went and took THREE Elder scrolls far into slaughterfish waters with his argonian swimming speed so that the scrolls would be out of reach. This one person apparently is toxic in all three factions and felt invincible when doing it, just like the VAS exploiters that felt they wouldn't be banned (yet apparently scroll griefing is ok?). How is it ok for people to ruin the pvp aspect of Cyrodil for HUNDREDS of other people yet pve gets priority in bans with the whole VAS exploit. One ruins Cyrodil for hundreds of paying pvpers and another ruins bragging rights for a few talented pvers. We pvpers need to be thrown a bone man and Zos needs to be consistent among things in the TOS and do something about this or toxic people will continue ruining the game for others while laughing at zos. Also this is one of the reasons we need a faction loyalty campaign. Also add in a water detection for scrolls or something.

Edit: Happened again, same griefer. he picked up a scroll before anyone could from a keep we just captured on his ad toon to throw it into the water and by the time it reset, ep had already retaken the keep it was taken from. so an ad logged into ep to let ep know what it feels like but that ep logged into his dc character to prevent that from happening. This shouldn't even have to happen and factions shouldn't feel helpless to see their scroll hopelessly delivered to the enemy faction, or thrown into the water. Players shouldn't have to log into other toons to counter this sort of griefing.

qb6mql6koj6k.png
    bkt8kdi45wij.png

I think doing this should automatically reset the scroll to its temple or the keep it came from immediately, location it resets to depending on who does it.
  • BloodBeast_ESO
    BloodBeast_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ad cant handle the bantz i love it
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol 6 pages
    hahahaha we owned you last campaigne why so mad its all in good fun go fish for scrolls
    [snip]
    32i3unk0smy7.png
    v12w8nwsjl37.png
    This along with scroll trading is one of the things wrong with cyrodil. Today I had the "pleasure" of being in the receiving end of the whole scroll griefing that goes on in cyrodil. He went and took THREE Elder scrolls far into slaughterfish waters with his argonian swimming speed so that the scrolls would be out of reach. This one person apparently is toxic in all three factions and felt invincible when doing it, just like the VAS exploiters that felt they wouldn't be banned (yet apparently scroll griefing is ok?). How is it ok for people to ruin the pvp aspect of Cyrodil for HUNDREDS of other people yet pve gets priority in bans with the whole VAS exploit. One ruins Cyrodil for hundreds of paying pvpers and another ruins bragging rights for a few talented pvers. We pvpers need to be thrown a bone man and Zos needs to be consistent among things in the TOS and do something about this or toxic people will continue ruining the game for others while laughing at zos. Also this is one of the reasons we need a faction loyalty campaign. Also add in a water detection for scrolls or something.
    [Edit to remove profane image]

he's not toxic when he's on the ebonheart pact, get your info right.

lol your ok with this, probably as long as it isn't done to your faction

I saw it being done by ALL three factions the other day. All of them in a big circle not attacking each other around a moving scroll. We were like “Oh geeze” and left. Lol.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    g3yuaw50b0wa.png
    32i3unk0smy7.png
    v12w8nwsjl37.png

Edit: Happened again, same griefer. he picked up a scroll before anyone could from a keep we just captured on his ad toon to throw it into the water and by the time it reset, ep had already retaken the keep it was taken from. so an ad logged into ep to let ep know what it feels like but that ep logged into his dc character to prevent that from happening. This shouldn't even have to happen and factions shouldn't feel helpless to see their scroll hopelessly delivered to the enemy faction, or thrown into the water. Players shouldn't have to log into other toons to counter this sort of griefing.

qb6mql6koj6k.png
    bkt8kdi45wij.png

@ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Will you continue to do nothing about all of the Cyrodiil Scroll-Trolls?
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get the same response telling children Santa isn't real as I do telling some pvpers campaign score doesn't actually mean anything anymore

This entire thread is literally someone complaining about an action that affects numbers on a scoreboard which is completely driven by which faction has the most people logging in

• Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    I get the same response telling children Santa isn't real as I do telling some pvpers campaign score doesn't actually mean anything anymore

This entire thread is literally someone complaining about an action that affects numbers on a scoreboard which is completely driven by which faction has the most people logging in

Then why did people get banned for exploiting to get that skin a while back? After all it’s just a scoreboard, means nothin right?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »

you can make the same argument that nothing in this game matters, afterall its just pixels right?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ep griefers logged into ad alts to grief ad scrolls again while we were capping a scroll keep
    hehpec34x1jp.png
    bxer4y5854q7.png
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 23, 2018 6:01AM
  • BloodBeast_ESO
    BloodBeast_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ep griefers logged into ad alts to grief ad scrolls again while we were capping a scroll keep
    hehpec34x1jp.png
    bxer4y5854q7.png

are you not amused i had fun
  • BloodBeast_ESO
    BloodBeast_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    g3yuaw50b0wa.png
    32i3unk0smy7.png
    v12w8nwsjl37.png

qb6mql6koj6k.png
    bkt8kdi45wij.png

@ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Will you continue to do nothing about all of the Cyrodiil Scroll-Trolls?

again they don't give a frak
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hehpec34x1jp.png
    bxer4y5854q7.png

your implying that your the scroll griefer :/
  • BloodBeast_ESO
    BloodBeast_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    hehpec34x1jp.png
    bxer4y5854q7.png

your implying that your the scroll griefer :/

no but i have him on my friends list and he said he will do it for the lulz
This discussion has been closed.