The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

This is why people Hate the PVP Cyrodil Community

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aesthier wrote: »
    Well, unfortunately, someone taking scrolls and swimming out to the middle of the water full of slaughterfish isn't why I don't PvP.

I don't PvP because for a long time I couldn't find a group of folks that fit my personality. I still haven't found a perfect match for that but I did find a guild that doesn't mind my ungeared butt tagging along as long as they can rib me a bit when I die.

^ That gets me in so I can eventually build the gear I need.

As for Mr/Mrs Slaughterfish...

The first time they gather them all up and do that I find it humorous but if they continue to do that every time after they are warned then yes ban their butt.

Once is funny, repetitive is bad form.

Toxicity is frustration born out of conflicting opinion and all demographics suffer from it. Don't get to hung up trying to categorize it.

Look at the map and his response, he did it 3 times and he said screw everyone and that zos isn't going to ban him.
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

Look at the map and his response, he did it 3 times and he said screw everyone and that zos isn't going to ban him.

Yes, and...?
    Edited by Aesthier on June 16, 2018 10:59AM
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    'Campaign Scrolls mean nothing' - Have you been hiding under a rock Josh?
    I'd hate to see what their real life looks like :(

Have you?
    To think there is any incentive or reward to PvP according to the map is silly. Campaign score means nothing, AP is much more important since you can still buy gear and motifs with AP which get you good setups or money.
    You know what's funny though? The people that make the most AP- are the ones who rarely play the map.
    It's so ironic that the die hard faction loyalty players who swear by their colors and only play the map don't make the most AP-, usually don't get on the top of the leaderboard (meaning no gold rewards for you), yet put in more time than those who just resource farm and kill players.
    Oh and thanks to ZoS you can play virtually any faction and still pool all your AP into the bank, encouraging people even more to faction hop.

Keep living in your fantasy world where people take arbitrary numbers on the scoreboard and point + click brain dead siege mechanics seriously. All of that got very old after 2014. There's nothing special, strategic or difficult about amassing as many players as the game can handle just to blitz keeps and "PvP" against guards and players.
    Edited by Joshlenoir on June 16, 2018 10:56AM
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    I just play BGs for my AP fix. Vigor, Caltrops and Warhorn unlocked and I'm done. Cyrodiil is basically where I can mop up the remaining skyshards.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forget Cyrodiil, let the poor thing die
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Think you need to take a chill pill OP, scroll scrubs like that are annoying but tbh they do not matter, they just like to troll as they know many idiots will go chasing the scrolls everywhere while they lose all their keeps.

If you ever wanna compare proper toxicity, play Eve Online, or CoD or BF.

This game is tame in comparison, always has been from 2014.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They will reset eventually. I think a bigger problem is those who take Scrolls and “deliver” to their home faction.

I’ve seen a level 10 “red” take a yellow scroll from up north (I think KC) and take it all the way down to the yellow gate and drop it.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • jacecar
    jacecar
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't experienced this in Cyro, nor do I look forward to it when it does/will happen, but it seems to me that the problem has already been solved. The scrolls reset after a time, which allows the campaign to proceed albeit with an interruption to the flow of whatever zerg you were in that went after the scrolls in the first place.

If the scrolls didn't reset and it essentially screwed everyone in the campaign for the duration of the campaign (7 days to a month), then you would have a much stronger argument that this is a game-breaking situation that needs to be addressed.

I personally hate griefers, but as long as the game design allows them to do what they do without penalty, then they're going to get their jollies from making other people miserable. That's their form of entertainment, even as childish as it may seem to be to you and me. Drawing attention to them only encourages them to do it more often.

Don't feed the trolls.
  • MaxTM
    MaxTM
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, that's not the issue with the PvP Community xD The issue with the PvP community is simple: ITS A PVP COMMUNITY.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerf slaughterfish?
  • olivesforge
    olivesforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wait until someone on Sotha runs one into the Whinery. Or shows the scroll to the giant. Those are both fun times.

It's an annoyance, maybe, but it's part of the game. Nothing to get one's pauldrons in a bind over.
    PCNA | Aldmeri Dominion
    OlivesForge / Swiss Army Templar | Twink of Insanity / Gankblade | Olivesisnotonfire / Annoying Sorc | E. Angus / Magicka Pigeon-Thrower | K. Angus / Stamina Pigeon-Thrower
    Personage of note in:
    Dominant Dominion | Ethereal Traders Union | Knights of the Istari | CoC | Cyrodiil FG
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait until someone on Sotha runs one into the Whinery. Or shows the scroll to the giant. Those are both fun times.

It's an annoyance, maybe, but it's part of the game. Nothing to get one's pauldrons in a bind over.

Lol you said Whinery...

whine2cropped.jpg?1363738212

Thank you for the chuckle :wink:
    Edited by Aesthier on June 16, 2018 11:39AM
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't forget the basement of the Ancestor Moth temple. You can place a ballista in that one!
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »

There is no outlined rule anywhere in the ToS that you have to run scrolls to your gates. There is no rule on "faction loyalty" or "honor" in PvP and as someone that's been chased by entire guilds and tbagged constantly you all sound like children complaining about silly scrolls in the water when they reset almost every hour and give very minimal buffs.
    This is trolling, but this isn't cheating. You have absolutely 0 evidence to support the notion that people log onto their other accounts to run scrolls to their "main faction". It's almost impossible to prove but if you think you can do it I'd love to see the screenshots and video recordings of players doing that.
    Ugh, do we have to put every little thing on the TOS to tell people not to be jerks? As for people running scrolls to the enemy faction, there's several old posts about that. If it isn't cheating then it's no wonder that cyrodil is in bad shape

I do understand your general point Aliyavana. I witnessed it myself on my last night spent in Cyrodiil and I posted about it here-

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4991706#Comment_4991706

However, though it may be disgusting and frustrating behavior, I dont believe its considered to be 'cheating'.

You know, years into the future in some dwemer ruin in Skyrim, we confronted a man who had been a traitor to our group. Before my character killed him and left his corpse to drown, he said something to me that reminds me of what others here have tried to explain to you.

I will change a few names, but the message itself remains the same:

"What's ZOS been filling your head with? Tales of soldiers with honor? Oaths rife with falsehoods and broken promises? ZOS doesn't care about you, the factions, or anything having to do with the pvp in Cyrodiil."

You can accept this, and just do the best you can while remaining within your own moral limits, or you can just walk away as I did. But you cant alter the behavior of others.

Its not cheating, its just how it is. War never changes, right?

• LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone there should simply code 'if scroll is in water, reset time standard, else if scroll becomes wet in slaughterfish water, reset time is 10 seconds and scroll moves to the shore by itself magically'. Goodbye & [removed profanity] you griefers. ;)
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on June 17, 2018 2:37PM
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    This is why I will never voluntarily PvP. Just knowing that it's full of people like this and people who defend them or just don't care makes the whole thing look like less fun than a quadruple root canal.

This, so much this.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I a bad person for giggling after learning about this “scroll griefing”? :(

I mean, it’s kinda bad, but it’s also kinda funny.
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »
    This is why I will never voluntarily PvP. Just knowing that it's full of people like this and people who defend them or just don't care makes the whole thing look like less fun than a quadruple root canal.

This, so much this.

The same I could say about PvE community and their elitists. Their attitude is one of reasons why I don't see PvE end game way too appealing, but then again it wouldn't be fair to judge entire PvE community based on some bad apples.
    Just like it wouldn't be fair to judge entire PvP community based on some bad apples. You know, we all aren't the same.

Also what comes with trolling with scrolls, I've seen it once at Cyrodiil. Bigger group sieged keep open and tried to take the scroll, but two guys outside of the group decided to steal the scroll instead. When this bigger group decided to follow and guard these scroll carriers, instead of running, they started walking and were telling how they are superior compared to group of players and they don't need guarding, they are 1vsX players.
    So these two got exactly what they deserved: This bigger group left these guys alone and they had a chance to take 2 vs 48 against DC and EP groups. That must've been fun.
    Edited by Fiktius on June 16, 2018 12:43PM
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, hate the entire pvp community because of a few [removed profanity]. Makes perfect sense.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on June 17, 2018 2:37PM
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scrolls dropped in the water like that will respawn in the last keep they were taken from after a while, so your best bet is to go and take that keep and wait for the scroll to reappear there.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree completely. That person that posted all that crap should be dealt with.

On another note those that violated TOS in the VAS exploit did not all get banned. Only a few apparently. Some are Streamers and some are in Streamer's channels and posted how ZOS only banned them for 7 days or so but did take their skin. So they are back in game after knowlingly and willingly violating TOS. Bans seem to be very, very one sided and make no sense.

• Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scrolls does not mean nothing nowdays, i manage to get a blue scrolls (i'm blue) outside roeback, don't ask how... And with a magika sorcerer i run almost alone (20 minutes walk) till ni-mok gate.
    Litterally no one was chasing me.
    No one cares about scrolls apparently.
    Signature

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Are you SERIOUS? If you worry about SCROLLS instead of 1. AP 2. Killing People. 3. AP. 4. KILLING people. And 5. AP. You might have the wrong idea about PvP.

Besides, if you can’t admire the SKILL it took for the guy to do that, you really don’t get PvP. I’d be willing to bet YOU couldn’t even pick up a scroll. If you did, you wouldn’t live long.

My guess is that the guy was bored. There were no PvE players grinding out vigor lol.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Like who the hell cares lmao. Its not a game breaking personal grief, the scrolls reset and all is fine.This is one of the things that is good about PvP, breaking the usual pattern and having a bit of fun with mechanics.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don’t chase scrolls.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Intentionally dropping a scroll in a place where it can't be retrieved is against the rules. People have been suspended brofre for doing it.

is this true? all of cyrodil was messaging me saying that he is gonna get away with it. Either this means that they don't ban, or they don't ban enough

People have been banned for short periods in the past, but usually when there is also trading involved. Like X is about to lose a scroll they captured to Y, someone on X gets on a Y account and picks up the scroll when the keep is opened, then runs it to the water so it will return to the keep later after the keep is repaired. They may have changed the way the scrolls respawn so they don't do that anymore and just respawn to their own temple. Sometimes when one faction has a big gap over the rest you will see guilds do this to keep the gap from getting wider, and they feel like they are doing a public service by keeping the overall score competitive, and I haven't heard of anyone disciplined for that, likely because there are fewer tickets opened.

I don't think people are toxic, some people behave badly but it's not because they are little monsters most of the time, it's because of their own reasons, boredom, anger, histrionics. To label a person as toxic though is just a hyperbolic exaggeration that takes away from any argument merit, since one of your premises becomes questionable.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Like who the hell cares lmao. Its not a game breaking personal grief, the scrolls reset and all is fine.This is one of the things that is good about PvP, breaking the usual pattern and having a bit of fun with mechanics.

It was a minor act of defiance against a completely zerged down map. The entire map was Yellow. Actual PVP had ended at that point if you were AD as the other two factions were gone. People like the OP are not interested in actual PVP, they want to stack bodies at keeps, turn them into their color and high five each other back at the gate.

For the OP, you talk about how this should be bannable due to the fact that it takes the enjoyment out of PVP for paying customers. Where is my enjoyment when, as a DC, I have your meme of an emperor and pugs stacked at Rayles or Warden? Who can I lodge a complaint with about the lack of civility and sportsmanship that entails? Or maybe I don't and I just press on getting zerged repeatedly until enough resources and keeps are starting to burst on the map that it enables a breakout. You already have called camping tri-keeps a viable strat. Sure seems what the dunking argonian did here was equally as viable. He kept members of your faction staring at scrolls in the water for...15 minutes. Theoretically time to burst a keep whilst you were all off....pvping elsewhere...
    Edited by D0RID0RI240 on June 16, 2018 1:39PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's wrong, peoole have been suspended for this. That was way back when Zeni used to act on reports, in the same timeframe when they had a great bot response plan. Still, there's a chance they will take action against this guy if you reported him.

But it's wrong to judge the entire PvP community for this, and I suspect you know that. Even while it was happening, I guarantee there were far more people yelling at him for it than those who supported his dumbassery. If this happened all the time you would have a point, but to have it happen once, then run to the forums to paint the entire community as villians, is ignorant and short sighted.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thing is, it isn't "full" of people like that. It's one or two.

If you confuse one or two with "everyone" all the time you must be put off by things very easilly.
    Edited by Brrrofski on June 16, 2018 2:04PM
  • Bbsample197
    Bbsample197
    ✭✭✭✭
    now lets replace the word "scroll" and replace it with "Crowns" look how fast ZoS puts the server into lockdown to fix it or ban that guy. they took immediate actions on vAS since its part of a dlc. clearly we know what zos priorities by now
This discussion has been closed.