Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

This is why people Hate the PVP Cyrodil Community

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel are you guys gonna do something about this? or can we atleast have faction loyalty campaigns?

g3yuaw50b0wa.png
Text chat has been edited to remove profanity
32i3unk0smy7.png
v12w8nwsjl37.png
This along with scroll trading is one of the things wrong with cyrodil. Today I had the "pleasure" of being in the receiving end of the whole scroll griefing that goes on in cyrodil. He went and took THREE Elder scrolls far into slaughterfish waters with his argonian swimming speed so that the scrolls would be out of reach. This one person apparently is toxic in all three factions and felt invincible when doing it, just like the VAS exploiters that felt they wouldn't be banned (yet apparently scroll griefing is ok?). How is it ok for people to ruin the pvp aspect of Cyrodil for HUNDREDS of other people yet pve gets priority in bans with the whole VAS exploit. One ruins Cyrodil for hundreds of paying pvpers and another ruins bragging rights for a few talented pvers. We pvpers need to be thrown a bone man and Zos needs to be consistent among things in the TOS and do something about this or toxic people will continue ruining the game for others while laughing at zos. Also this is one of the reasons we need a faction loyalty campaign. Also add in a water detection for scrolls or something.

Edit: Happened again, same griefer. he picked up a scroll before anyone could from a keep we just captured on his ad toon to throw it into the water and by the time it reset, ep had already retaken the keep it was taken from. so an ad logged into ep to let ep know what it feels like but that ep logged into his dc character to prevent that from happening. This shouldn't even have to happen and factions shouldn't feel helpless to see their scroll hopelessly delivered to the enemy faction, or thrown into the water. Players shouldn't have to log into other toons to counter this sort of griefing.

qb6mql6koj6k.png
bkt8kdi45wij.png

Edit:Ep griefers logged into their ad alts to grief the scrolls again, we were capping the scroll keep
hehpec34x1jp.png
bxer4y5854q7.png
We managed to get the scroll from kingscrest before the duo scroll griefers could get them, but they managed to get chim before us legitimate ad could get it.
ucfukvfbsbzz.png

Also been getting messages such as these sense making this post, along with coordinated tbagging
lipcn1rgxp5d.png
Edited by Aliyavana on June 23, 2018 7:36AM
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As all things pvp, zos dont care
    Options
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as that guy is an ***, he's completely right. He's doing it because ZOS is too lazy to add code on scroll drop that makes it go back to terrain if it's in water. As a developer it's your job to design a game that can't be broken by the players, because they WILL try to break it
    Edited by clocksstoppe on June 16, 2018 7:59AM
    Options
  • Ulo
    Ulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoS needs to understand that drawing attention to issues is how they get solved, not sticking your head in the dirt and pretending they don't exist. Good job drawing attention to this +insightful :)
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intentionally dropping a scroll in a place where it can't be retrieved is against the rules. People have been suspended brofre for doing it.
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Intentionally dropping a scroll in a place where it can't be retrieved is against the rules. People have been suspended brofre for doing it.

is this true? all of cyrodil was messaging me saying that he is gonna get away with it. Either this means that they don't ban, or they don't ban enough
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 16, 2018 8:09AM
    Options
  • Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hahahahahaah that's hilarious
    you really can't get an argonian up in there with a bunch of heals and shields on him to retrieve them?!
    hahahahahaah oh my lord
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
    Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time I did this we found a body of water with a small spot of land and the only way was to swim to us, but you risked being attacked if you did so, thats the fun way but yeah taking the scroll and running straight to infested waters is annoying but it adds to PvP IMO
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D
    Options
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is why I will never voluntarily PvP. Just knowing that it's full of people like this and people who defend them or just don't care makes the whole thing look like less fun than a quadruple root canal.
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC, scrolls reset back to the location they were last placed at, and this happens faster if the scroll is dropped in the open and not interacted with for a while. Or did something change?
    Options
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're not even a pvper.
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can't be worse than trials or dungeons elitists. I never met worse pricks than those doing vet dungeons/trials.

As for your concern, your case doesn't happen that often, at least I didn't see it that much on PC EU. Maybe two or three times in 3 years.
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're not even a pvper.

I'm ranked 33 currently and PvP almost exclusively in bgs to avoid cyrodil at it's current state (plus I hate zergs, it's toxicity such as the above, and the performance). Don't come at me with that excuse to try and somehow make my argument any less revelant
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 16, 2018 9:15AM
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    IIRC, scrolls reset back to the location they were last placed at, and this happens faster if the scroll is dropped in the open and not interacted with for a while. Or did something change?

The scrolls in the water stayed in place for what felt longer than that, only the freshly placed scroll seemed to reset fast and seemed inconsistant
    Options
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Entered thread expecting someone whining about dying or trash talking. Surprised at a legit complaint. That dude scroll-griefing, whoever he is deserves to be banned for a bit.
    Options
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think this one guy is the whole reason why some people hate the community. With that toxicity, I'd be surprised if they weren't mainly a pver. They have the larger problem of crappy people like this. However, I agree that this guy should be dealt with for being an absolute piece of [removed profanity] and ruining the game for a lot of other people.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on June 17, 2018 2:33PM
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    Options
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »

The scrolls in the water stayed in place for what felt longer than that, only the freshly placed scroll seemed to reset fast and seemed inconsistant

I believe the scroll timer is 30 minutes, so staring at em dumped in the water probs seems like an eternity.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're not even a pvper.

That's not an excuse for -anything-.

It's not an excuse for crappy behavior, it's not an excuse for griefing, and the fact you want to use it like it means you probably do this.

Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, three at once? Aren't they supposed to reset back to their temples if not picked up after a certain time?

I've experienced this only once so far. The group that had it saw fit to only farm those of us that tried to get it back, but when the carrier saw his group was falling around him he jumped into the river south of Drakelowe. The Scroll was just BARELY past the point where your character went from standing to swimming, so every time you got close enough to pick it up you were in Slaughterfish range and the fish eat you faster than the pick up animation.

And I love it when people try to defend Trolls and Griefers actions.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    32i3unk0smy7.png
    v12w8nwsjl37.png
    Today I had the "pleasure" of being in the receiving end of the whole scroll griefing that goes on in cyrodil. He went and took all the scrolls far into slaughterfish waters with his argonian swimming speed so that the scrolls would be out of reach. This one person apparently is toxic in all three factions and felt invincible when doing it, just like the VAS exploiters that felt they wouldn't be banned (yet apparently scroll griefing is ok?). How is it ok for people to ruin the pvp aspect of Cyrodil for HUNDREDS of other people yet pve gets priority in bans with the whole VAS exploit. One ruins Cyrodil for hundreds of paying pvpers and another ruins bragging rights for a few talented pvers. We pvpers need to be thrown a bone man and Zos needs to be consistent among things in the TOS and do something about this or toxic people will continue ruining the game for others while laughing at zos. Also this is one of the reasons we need a faction loyalty campaign. Also add in a water detection for scrolls or something.

It's your fault for taking PvP so seriously. Campaign score and scrolls mean nothing in the long run and scrolls are just a wild goose chase for little reward.
    Go outside or stop trying to police what other people do in cyrodill. Nobody is forcing you to dump your time into this, you're crying to deaf ears.

It's not just time, it's money as well. People paid for this game. By your logic, it'd be perfectly fine for me to buy Disneyland tickets and find the place deserted because all attractions are down for maintenance. Nobody was forcing me to buy those tickets, after all? I'm pretty sure they'd be sued that very same day.

There is no fault in taking your hobby seriously, and OP did not cause any griefing by taking PvP seriously.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on June 17, 2018 1:10AM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
    Options
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They took r scrollz!!! We have the entire map but but they took em.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They took r scrollz!!! We have the entire map but but they took em.

We had most of the map and someone logged into their ad alts to grief us, your point? His intention was to mess with us.
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 16, 2018 9:44AM
    Options
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point of my first sentence was that is a very minor thing to whinge about. The point of my second sentence is you zerg a map and there is often a reaction to that.

Honestly if this is all you have to complain about have you even PvP'd brah?
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point of my first sentence was that is a very minor thing to whinge about. The point of my second sentence is you zerg a map and there is often a reaction to that.

Honestly if this is all you have to complain about have you even PvP'd brah?

I have a long list of greviances but exploits are a priority. Battlegrounds have largely helped me avoid the horrid part of PvP that is cyrodil
    Options
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS never care about PvP community, PvP dont give money tl them. PvP is abandoned content.
    Options
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Campaign Scrolls mean nothing' - Have you been hiding under a rock Josh?

And yes, doing shiz like this does ruin the whole idea of a PVP campaign.
    There are a few special snowflakes in each campaign who love the attention from doing something as dumb as this.
    I guess they must not have been the favourite child growing up? in order to need such attention from something so stupid.

I'd hate to see what their real life looks like :(
    Options
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    4d85sp8f3ylr.png
    32i3unk0smy7.png
    v12w8nwsjl37.png
    Today I had the "pleasure" of being in the receiving end of the whole scroll griefing that goes on in cyrodil. He went and took all the scrolls far into slaughterfish waters with his argonian swimming speed so that the scrolls would be out of reach. This one person apparently is toxic in all three factions and felt invincible when doing it, just like the VAS exploiters that felt they wouldn't be banned (yet apparently scroll griefing is ok?). How is it ok for people to ruin the pvp aspect of Cyrodil for HUNDREDS of other people yet pve gets priority in bans with the whole VAS exploit. One ruins Cyrodil for hundreds of paying pvpers and another ruins bragging rights for a few talented pvers. We pvpers need to be thrown a bone man and Zos needs to be consistent among things in the TOS and do something about this or toxic people will continue ruining the game for others while laughing at zos. Also this is one of the reasons we need a faction loyalty campaign. Also add in a water detection for scrolls or something.

It's your fault for taking PvP so seriously. Campaign score and scrolls mean nothing in the long run and scrolls are just a wild goose chase for little reward.
    Go outside or stop trying to police what other people do in cyrodill. Nobody is forcing you to dump your time into this, you're crying to deaf ears.

Some people value campaign loyalty and having their campaign being fair. "Stop trying to police what other people do in cyrodil?!?!?" There was a similar response to the defenders of the Vas exploiters... Josh as a well known pvp veteran how can you even say that? Cyrodil is a toxic wasteland as it is and this type of behaviors throws concepts such as faction loyalty and fairness out the window

ZoS has never once tried to make this game inherently fair for everyone, they cater to "casuals" and only work to bring the ceiling down and the floor up. As someone who has put in tons of time into PvP to help make it as "fair" as possible that's not what ZoS is ultimately interested in. Cyrodill isn't any more of a toxic wasteland as any other environment where you give players the ability to do certain things. It's just inevitable human nature that people will try to find other things for enjoyment since the campaign score itself is so stale and meaningless.
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    4d85sp8f3ylr.png
    32i3unk0smy7.png
    v12w8nwsjl37.png

It's your fault for taking PvP so seriously.Campaign score and scrolls mean nothing in the long run and scrolls are just a wild goose chase for little reward.

This is something I see often whenever someone is trying to defend *** behavior, and I truly don't understand it.
    Games have rules. That's what makes them games. You, or anyone else, has certain expectations that others will follow the rules, or why play? If I'm playing checkers, and the other player says I have 3 jumps to your one, or I start the game kinged, why play? If you were against that, saying "You take checkers too seriously" would be the dumbest remark.
    Expecting rules to be followed isn't taking it too seriously, and it's a lame excuse to try to defend trolling and cheating.
    Lag and lack of dev attention isn't the only thing killing PvP, it's also stupid things like this by the players, and the defense of stupid, trollish behavior.

There is no outlined rule anywhere in the ToS that you have to run scrolls to your gates. There is no rule on "faction loyalty" or "honor" in PvP and as someone that's been chased by entire guilds and tbagged constantly you all sound like children complaining about silly scrolls in the water when they reset almost every hour and give very minimal buffs.
    This is trolling, but this isn't cheating. You have absolutely 0 evidence to support the notion that people log onto their other accounts to run scrolls to their "main faction". It's almost impossible to prove but if you think you can do it I'd love to see the screenshots and video recordings of players doing that.
    Edited by Joshlenoir on June 16, 2018 10:22AM
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4d85sp8f3ylr.png
    32i3unk0smy7.png
    v12w8nwsjl37.png

Some people value campaign loyalty and having their campaign being fair. "Stop trying to police what other people do in cyrodil?!?!?" There was a similar response to the defenders of the Vas exploiters... Josh as a well known pvp veteran how can you even say that? Cyrodil is a toxic wasteland as it is and this type of behaviors throws concepts such as faction loyalty and fairness out the window

ZoS has never once tried to make this game inherently fair for everyone, they cater to "casuals" and only work to bring the ceiling down and the floor up. As someone who has put in tons of time into PvP to help make it as "fair" as possible that's not what ZoS is ultimately interested in. Cyrodill isn't any more of a toxic wasteland as any other environment where you give players the ability to do certain things. It's just inevitable human nature that people will try to find other things for enjoyment since the campaign score itself is so stale and meaningless.
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    4d85sp8f3ylr.png
    32i3unk0smy7.png
    v12w8nwsjl37.png

It's your fault for taking PvP so seriously.Campaign score and scrolls mean nothing in the long run and scrolls are just a wild goose chase for little reward.

This is something I see often whenever someone is trying to defend *** behavior, and I truly don't understand it.
    Games have rules. That's what makes them games. You, or anyone else, has certain expectations that others will follow the rules, or why play? If I'm playing checkers, and the other player says I have 3 jumps to your one, or I start the game kinged, why play? If you were against that, saying "You take checkers too seriously" would be the dumbest remark.
    Expecting rules to be followed isn't taking it too seriously, and it's a lame excuse to try to defend trolling and cheating.
    Lag and lack of dev attention isn't the only thing killing PvP, it's also stupid things like this by the players, and the defense of stupid, trollish behavior.

There is no outlined rule anywhere in the ToS that you have to run scrolls to your gates. There is no rule on "faction loyalty" or "honor" in PvP and as someone that's been chased by entire guilds and tbagged constantly you all sound like children complaining about silly scrolls in the water when they reset almost every hour and give very minimal buffs.
    This is trolling, but this isn't cheating. You have absolutely 0 evidence to support the notion that people log onto their other accounts to run scrolls to their "main faction". It's almost impossible to prove but if you think you can do it I'd love to see the screenshots and video recordings of players doing that.

Ugh, do we have to put every little thing on the TOS to tell people not to be jerks? As for people running scrolls to the enemy faction, there's several old posts about that. If it isn't cheating then it's no wonder that cyrodil is in bad shape
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 16, 2018 10:37AM
    Options
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, unfortunately, someone taking scrolls and swimming out to the middle of the water full of slaughterfish isn't why I don't PvP.

I don't PvP because for a long time I couldn't find a group of folks that fit my personality. I still haven't found a perfect match for that but I did find a guild that doesn't mind my ungeared butt tagging along as long as they can rib me a bit when I die.

^ That gets me in so I can eventually build the gear I need.

As for Mr/Mrs Slaughterfish...

The first time they gather them all up and do that I find it humorous but if they continue to do that every time after they are warned then yes ban their butt.

Once is funny, repetitive is bad form.

Toxicity is frustration born out of conflicting opinion and all demographics suffer from it. Don't get to hung up trying to categorize it.
    Options
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whilst I agree this must have been bloody frustrating and the guy who did it was a freaking idiot, I do have to query whether none of those affected had an argonian, or one they could swap on to, and so go & retrieve said scrolls?
    Options
This discussion has been closed.