The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Sorcerer Feedback Thread

• Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I would have like to see our dependence on pets reduced.

I also think the pet heal is too strong. A heal working similar to Dark Deal would be most appropriate for sorcs using shields - i.e. some upfront burst heal to get you out of execute range, with the rest of the healing being a HoT. The magicka version Dark Exchange could be quite easily be rework to this end. Instant Cast would be needed though, b/c oitherwise it won't ever save your live when you are low on HP (both b/c of cast time and it being interuptible).

1) Nice to have
    2) Doesn't really matter b/c nobody stays stunned for that long
    3) Nice b/c it makes PvE less clunky
    4) Just a bug fix
    5) Should help somewhat with sustain
    6) Definitely the best change to sorcs of this entire patch

But I am a little bit disappointed that sorcs did not see more changes. Everything basically stays the same. I was hoping for something new. This is not the big class overhaul they announced like a year ago. It's just tweaking the numbers.

I also seriously hope that they finally made Streak work properly uphill and downhill. They mentioned something in that regard with respect to gap closers and "teleports" ... not sure they count Streak to either of those 2 categories.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Losing major protection on resto ult probably finished my mag sorc.
  • echo2omega
    echo2omega
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointed to again see no stamina option(S) for sorcerer.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »

I also think the pet heal is too strong.

Sorc healing is a thing. Would rather not see pet heal stripped in favor of a selfish self-heal hot a la dark deal.

Confused on the sorc changes overall tho for PTS. Streak scales, but not... like, pets? Severely lacking in stam class abilities still. :/ Been a huge complaint for a long time, and it's still not being addressed. Hm.

PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They still need to fix the delay on Mages wrath. It's beyond frustrating now. Cast it, then nothing. Have to cast like 5 times before is lands on anything.
    Edited by bardx86 on April 16, 2019 6:07AM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

The other morph isn't as bad as you think.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goodness seriously nothing for stamSorc lol geeze wow
  • kynseon
    kynseon
    ✭✭✭
    Stam sorc needs to be up there with the rest of stamina classes and is not even close to being there.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kynseon wrote: »
    Stam sorc needs to be up there with the rest of stamina classes and is not even close to being there.

I don't know. Have you seen the stamblade nerfs? It seems like the plan is to bring everyone down to stamsorc level instead
    EU | PC | AD
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ask again WHEN wikl the SEVEN casting bugs on Lightning flood be fixed?
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/464630/sorcs-need-some-love/p1

Discussion I made, i really hope it get to zos. I want really game changers for sorcs, not faster frag or more streak stun. I want POWER and some identity back. Non for pets though
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minor Maim for the tank pet.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

The other morph isn't as bad as you think.

We'll see. Right now wrath is wonky, overload is wonky, pets take up too much bar space, the passives and mechanics designed to mitigate issues caused by pets consuming too much bar space have all been nerfed or removed. Stam sorc is kinda meh as the meta has shifted (I played the same toon as stam for about 18 months).

• Typical_T_ReX
    Typical_T_ReX
    ✭✭✭
    The fact stam sorc yet again gets not even a nod is disgusting. Utter neglect to an already bastardized class.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sorc thrives in duels and bg’s so far.
    Came up with a build that works well and been doing it since murkmire.
  • EpicRekkoning
    EpicRekkoning
    ✭✭✭
    1. Stam sorcs need damage ability options other than hurricane. A direct damage ability would be nice.
    2. Add debuffs to skills. Sorcs dont have any debuff options with skills.

Extra: in PVE, sorcs only really have 3 damage abilities outside of pets: frags, lightning splash, and mages fury. Sorcs seem to have a lot of root/stun abilities, which have a lot of use PVP, but not as much in PVE. Look at re-evaluating some of the skills in the dark magic tree to either add damage skills and/or add debuff skills.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Stam sorcs need damage ability options other than hurricane. A direct damage ability would be nice.
    2. Add debuffs to skills. Sorcs dont have any debuff options with skills.

Extra: in PVE, sorcs only really have 3 damage abilities outside of pets: frags, lightning splash, and mages fury. Sorcs seem to have a lot of root/stun abilities, which have a lot of use PVP, but not as much in PVE. Look at re-evaluating some of the skills in the dark magic tree to either add damage skills and/or add debuff skills.
    Encase is a nice soft-CC for the SorcTank. SorcTanks have a nice sustain and the active of Bound Armor turns heavies from hm bosses into cottonballs. Still, the Clannfear is missing some utility and the Sorc itself needs a an additional group supporting passive.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Concern

Dark Magicka skills don't have much use in PvE. They are very situational and aren't worth slot.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Concern

Dark Magicka skills don't have much use in PvE. They are very situational and aren't worth slot.
    Depends on what role you want to fulfill. As a healer or a tank, Dark Exchange and Encase are useful spells. My main concern is that especially the Sorc tank lacks group utility and the tankpet does too less for occupying two slots.

An idea of mine would be that the Tankpet could have a unique debuff which applies it on hit: x% increased damage from lightning attacks.

Another tanking utility would be that you change "Summon Charged Atronach" into "Storm Atronach Armor" which gives you a damage shield of let's say 200% of your max HP as a damage shield for x seconds.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »
    Concern

Depends on what role you want to fulfill. As a healer or a tank, Dark Exchange and Encase are useful spells.

As a healer:
    I have never been in a situation where encase or dark deal were needed in trial scenarios. It's better/easier to just slot daedric mines if I'm the only sorc for proccing prophecy (at least then it's a ground-ability to also proc olo). It would be nice if there were some revamped skills in this tree that made it actually beneficial and not a wasted slot just for a passive ability proc for any role. Not as big of a deal if there's a sorc dps in the group, but it's annoying to basically throw a skill slot away on something 'meh' just to give the group minor prophecy, especially with matriarch crowding up the bars as it is... and if I'm using mines for prophecy then I'm also using conduit for the synergy because there are no other sorcs.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is this exist if it doesn't change anything.

3 weeks in PTS so far and stam sorc is still useless as ever without weapons while mag sorc get pet taunts and 2 secs more lightenting flood while stam sorc gets a streak buff on an already expensive skill to use with penaly. You basiclly can do 1 streak as stam sorc without affecting dark deal usage on full mag pull which is usually around 10k. What is this? Is this a joke?
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is this exist if it doesn't change anything.

3 weeks in PTS so far and stam sorc is still useless as ever without weapons while mag sorc get pet taunts and 2 secs more lightenting flood while stam sorc gets a streak buff on an already expensive skill to use with penaly. You basiclly can do 1 streak as stam sorc without affecting dark deal usage on full mag pull which is usually around 10k. What is this? Is this a joke?

It's called a token buff. "You just recieved a massive buff to your most iconic and class defining ability. Why do you even complain?".
    If I had to guess, they will repeat this kind of alibi change in the future "passive abilites" patch. Maybe changing Rebate into "returning 1500 mag or stam when your pet dies, whichever is higher" just for the giggles.
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing a stam sorc really needs is a Stam based Ultimate. Storm Atro for Mag, Wind Atro that does the spin on enemy with physical damage and thats about it. I really don’t see where the stamsorc is lacking besides that. The play style makes you a living AoE/DoT machine but not having a Stam ulti as an option takes away a bit of class identity if i have to slot balista which is good but it makes playing stam feel generic.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thx zos for ruining my sorcerer class, its really appreciated
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can never please beggars, 5 years l8tr zos literally gives everything to crying bks in pvp by nerfing every ability on my class and they still want it nerfed! please cry somewhere else
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please just throw us stamsorcs a bone.
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cerbolt wrote: »
    Please just throw us stamsorcs a bone.

I guess they give us streak and we should be gratefull.

Says it sarcastcally will crying in the corncer.
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My two pain points:

1. There are no instant damage/spam skills besides our execute, which isn't very reliable as of now (doesn't even execute sometimes) and does low damage outside of execute range. This means nonpet gameplay relies on a constant 4 second cycle that can be dodged, purged, and reflected while providing nowhere near enough burst to justify waiting another 4 seconds because someone decided to roll dodge. This pain applies to magicka nightblades too.

2. I don't know what a sorc actually is anymore...stam sorcs have near to zero identity so they end up being discount stam dks which are discount stamdens. Lightning abilities were changed to be very innefective so everyone just uses fire destruction staff skills in pve and aren't even a thing in pvp outside of niche group builds. And we're going on year three of the movement changes that cause sorcs to freeze in midair instead of continuing with their momentum when they streak. We also use to be able roll dodge during streak but both of these incredible capabilities were gutted and no one gave any reason for having done so.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • tnarrant
    tnarrant
    Soul Shriven
    My sorc hasn't been a main since the shield nerf. I dumped shields from my bar after that, since they weren't worth the casting cost any more, and then my sorc became more of a glass pet class.

Every time they heavily nerf a skill like that (which has happened across most classes), I find the skill to be not worth using much. Maybe that's the intent, but it often increases tedium (fights take longer) and thus reduces fun, and thus pushes me away from the game more.

I was trying to enjoy my stam sorc, but the race passives nerfs hit that character, significantly reducing magicaka refresh, which hurts nowadays after the less recent sustain nerfs. They always seem to ratchet up tedium in the name of something else (PvP balance or whatever). I play games for fun, not for time-consuming chores.