The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Class Rep] Sorcerer Feedback Thread

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why people are begging so hard for a stamina Frag when a stamina Curse would be so much better. You could time it with Dawnbreaker like Wardens do with Subs.

Now while I totally wholeheartedly agree curse is imho Better than frag. I would bit want it to be 6 seconds like Templars. And then would not want to mess with MagSorc morphs. They could if they added air atro make it so that curse both morphs applied to pets. And the Stam one was 3.5 twice or something.

But that just seems like so far fethced. If they didn't let both apply to pets then which would pet sorcs use. It is just don't know how they would swing that. But yes I would freaking love a Stam curse.

But frag just seems more physical oriented I guess

Well, if I take a look at classes that are in far better spots they have some highly packed up skills in their trees. So I don’t know why they couldnt load up curse to have the pet buff even on base skill + mag haunting morph and stam morph (with feature X?) After all, how many stam pets are there? „Atro“, clanfear that scales on mag, synergy spiders, here and there a set proc that might count, right? So it wouldn’t hurt too much if that buff carries over to stam. Might even opens up some creative builds, who knows?

If the concerns that pet sorcs get too much out of it would be too big, they could always make haunting to loose the pet buff after first explosion, so you have to choose if recasting early is worth it.

However, if we are discussing to only give the trash to stam sorcs, I doubt it would be even worth it. And after all someone is always gonna jump in and say „just bc it isn’t the BiS pick doesn’t mean that nobody uses it. You cant take that away from me“.

I say pack curses up and go for it. After all they said something about reevaluating how packed up skills are in comparison to each other. While I expect them to simply gut the better skills, they might surprise me and buff some up instead. A man can hope.
  • CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭
    No Stamsorc pets pls, open to air attro but that's it.

I agree, I've put forward ways they could implement it but I rather no pet except air atro. And then make the stanSorc have air overload and a frag morph or something along these lines to give the class something

Excellent ideas, totally agree.
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To everyone saying that sustain is horrible on PvE, what race are you using? not trying to nay say or anything but just wondering if this is a go Altmer/Dunmer for Mag and Orc/Redguard for Stam or bust issue with the Class
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i maybe missing the point here, but a sorcerer is a MAGICKA based class not a stam focused class, i have been playing a pet sorc since i started on Xbox 4yrs ago and is my main on pc, i have seen them get nerfed to the brink yet with a few adjustments to play style and cp are still imo a very strong character to play.
    1) i agree the stacking cost of streak is unfair and could use a rework
    2) whilst some ppl do not like the pets IF used correctly are a powerful tool
    3) crystal frags needs a re-work its no longer as useful as it once was
    4) we have many spamable effective snares daedric tomb being my person favorite (with a 26-28k tick and add one shots)
    5) when played effectivly sustain is never an issue, i rarely drop below 30k magicka
    6) the heavy attack bug needs sorting out as still a real issue
    7) scamp needs a short leash, although improved from before it still has the tendency to trigger fights on its own, maybe have an out of combat dormant status until triggered by player
    8) sorcs do need an effective cc/snare break, PvP is virtually impossible, once you get snared its a case of wait till you can res
    9) i know my points will not be popular but i dont follow the "Meta" and have no trouble with doing vet trials/dungeons and i also know that the pet sorc is the "goto" class for VMA so they cant be all bad can they?
    10) if your going to post hate mail in regard to the above please make it constructive :smiley:
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1- too much double slotted abilities. Leaves you limited to the type of builds you can do on sorcs. Wardens/nbs/ nechromancers are good way to use pets
    2- rework of overlaod and suppression field(base abilits) as they both pretty useless and less than 10 of sorcs use them because atronach 27 sec surpass both ultimates in both pve/pvp.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1- too much double slotted abilities. Leaves you limited to the type of builds you can do on sorcs. Wardens/nbs/ nechromancers are good way to use pets
    2- rework of overlaod and suppression field(base abilits) as they both pretty useless and less than 10 of sorcs use them because atronach 27 sec surpass both ultimates in both pve/pvp.

i agree the double slot abilities are taking up alot space
  • Taktak
    Taktak
    ✭✭✭

100% agree with you
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Surpression field is great. Way underrated really, You dont like the ability to completely lock down big groups of adds in vet dungeons? thus preventing ALL damage they would do to the group for enough time for the dps to kill them all?
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Taktak
    Taktak
    ✭✭✭
    in PvP: StamSorc's get their strength from sets and weapon.....class it self doesn't help much stamsorc after Implosion removed.

stamsorc can't get potential from class skills and Passives like Nightblade.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i maybe missing the point here, but a sorcerer is a MAGICKA based class not a stam focused class, i have been playing a pet sorc since i started on Xbox 4yrs ago and is my main on pc, i have seen them get nerfed to the brink yet with a few adjustments to play style and cp are still imo a very strong character to play.
    4) we have many spamable effective snares daedric tomb being my person favorite (with a 26-28k tick and add one shots)
    5) when played effectivly sustain is never an issue, i rarely drop below 30k magicka
    7) scamp needs a short leash, although improved from before it still has the tendency to trigger fights on its own, maybe have an out of combat dormant status until triggered by player
    8) sorcs do need an effective cc/snare break, PvP is virtually impossible, once you get snared its a case of wait till you can res
    9) i know my points will not be popular but i dont follow the "Meta" and have no trouble with doing vet trials/dungeons and i also know that the pet sorc is the "goto" class for VMA so they cant be all bad can they?
    10) if your going to post hate mail in regard to the above please make it constructive :smiley:

In the beginning they were basically all mag classes. But as ZOS changed the game away from soft caps, the rise of Stam a d Stam morphs came but for some weird reason try got tired after the first 3 and basically said meh we'll get to stamSorc later. And later never came :disappointed:
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree with the first part but the second part I question. As a solo sorc maybe atro might be better(even though still bad) but in a group setting Negate is still exponentially better IMO.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Suppression Field is insanely strong in its niche. Whoever questions that needs their head checked. There's no other ultimate in the game that can cause a ball group to wipe, if used timely against them. It's the best area denial ult.
    EU | PC | AD
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭

i suppose u don't play another classes to compare.
    srry, but all points are wrong.
    l2p please, stamsorc is very functional thing now.

Care to elaborate or are you just strolling in to tell us we're fine?

i play stamsorc and can say it's fine.
    Sure it can be improved to be more uniq in some things.
    And if overload or atronach will have stamina version it would be tasty ofc.
    But in general, it's good now.
    I play also stamblade, stamdk and stamplar. Can compare.
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭

No it's not good. We need ultis and passives. We have a laughably low amount of class active skills. We have 0 debuffs. I'd be shocked if we don't see more options for Stamsorcs after all these years, now that they are going over skills and classes next patch. What makes it sad is there are tons of skills and morphs magsorcs just don't use, it's like we are deprived of options for no valid reason. My biggest beef as a Redguard is definately our lack of passives.
    Edited by CurvedSwords123 on April 11, 2019 11:35PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sure they aren't trash tier, nobody in their right mind would claim that. But you said it yourself, they could improve in stam skill repertoir and uniqueness.

Add to that absence of offensive skills, that many passives are of no use + the usual (minor) issues (e.g of streak, overload bar loss, BA being dead weight) and voila, you've got the formula for a half baked class.

But yes, I do fine on my stam sorc. So I do on my other toons. But then there are people completing vMA with a broom and 1vX'ing noobs, so I don't exactly know where I should file under player skill and where class prowess.

Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on April 12, 2019 4:54PM
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure they aren't trash tier, nobody in their right mind would claim that. But you said it yourself, they could improve in stam skill repertoir and uniqueness.

Add to that absence of offensive skills, that many passives are of no use + the usual (minor) issues (e.g of streak, overload bar loss, BA being dead weight) and voila, you've got the formula for a half baked class.

But yes, I do fine on my stam sorc. So I do on my other toons. But then there are people completing vMA with a broom and 1vX'ing noobs, so I don't exactly know where I should file under player skill and where class prowess.

Just to piggy back on this, they are really good at mobility and that's fun to play them they are just unbelievably boring at the actual fighting part lol.

What makes stamSorc good is their unique class abilities like dawnbreaker spin vigor Rending reverse slice even dizzy. Oh shoot that's available and then stackable with very other Stam classes skills. So you have stamBlades that can do everything we can buy with a class spam, class burst, better class ultimate and passives out the wazoo and a better far better stun. Same with DK better stun more dots and fantastic ultimate when it works. Same with stamPlar spam burst and then stamDen spam burst HEAL and a ton of useful stuffs....

StanSorc is basically just a walking weapon line. And that may be what was intended but that is not fun that is not unique that is lazy.

The movement is fun but I mean we can only streak twice and minor expedition is neat but mehhhhhhh I mean that's it that's our lame claim to fame.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    StamSorc is just WW roleplay material, just face it.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me no likey the removal of implosion, sounds like a PvP baby got dusted a few to many times and ruined it for everyone
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me no likey the removal of implosion, sounds like a PvP baby got dusted a few to many times and ruined it for everyone

"You hit that guy so hard he respawned on the forums to cry about it..."
  • martijnlv40
    martijnlv40
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to get added morphs, not just for Sorc but in general. Give some actives a third morph, which would open up more strategy and at first, give a class like the Sorc more of a stam prescence. I think this update would be great to do that, but it's too late now. Next update will probably focus on the class passives, but perhaps after that, so the last DLC of this year, might be able to deliver it.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I think you are missing the point. A Sorcerer in Elder Scrolls has been a heavy armor, magic wielding character uses all weapons. This includes melee weapons as well. This is why a Stam sorc does not have many stamina base class skills and relies on weapons. The problem is passives do not help with this. We have three skill lines but can only use a few skills in each line because of this it makes passives like blood magic and expert mage not that useful. There is no offensive stamina move in the Dark magic skill line to use the blood magic passive. The only thing we can use is dark deal and the ultimate.

Every stamina skill we have are enhancement skills. Hurricane, Dark deal, Critical surge, and Bound Armaments. All of these skills help improve weapons use or armor. What I like to see are passives that influence the use of using weapons ,this includes the use of magic weapons as well, and skills that help stamina characters do damage. Like a physical damage Overload that powers up our light and heavy attacks and a weapon wielding Air Attronach. These things will give Stam sorc more style and flavor.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes I think you are missing the point. A Sorcerer in Elder Scrolls has been a heavy armor, magic wielding character uses all weapons. This includes melee weapons as well. This is why a Stam sorc does not have many stamina base class skills and relies on weapons. The problem is passives do not help with this. We have three skill lines but can only use a few skills in each line because of this it makes passives like blood magic and expert mage not that useful. There is no offensive stamina move in the Dark magic skill line to use the blood magic passive. The only thing we can use is dark deal and the ultimate.

Every stamina skill we have are enhancement skills. Hurricane, Dark deal, Critical surge, and Bound Armaments. All of these skills help improve weapons use or armor. What I like to see are passives that influence the use of using weapons ,this includes the use of magic weapons as well, and skills that help stamina characters do damage. Like a physical damage Overload that powers up our light and heavy attacks and a weapon wielding Air Attronach. These things will give Stam sorc more style and flavor.

I doubt that a passive that simply increases bland weapon skills or light/ heavy attacks gives stam sorcs flavor. Unique class skills like Wings, Cloak, Sub Assault give classes flavor. If my unoriginal, everyone-can-use light attacks or Dizzy Swing does 5% more damage it might help on dummy hugging but not in the "this class is fun because..." department.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You realize how op stam sorcs will be if they get more damage right? The weapon skills needs to be balanced before they add a high damage ult to sorcs that is stam based.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm super disappointed with the PTS notes, to say the least. From a Stam Sorcs point of view.

I mean damage buffs Power Overload and Streak, great, exactly what my stamboy needed. I think I'll take another break.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on April 15, 2019 6:41PM
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm super disappointed with the PTS notes, to say the least. From a Stam Sorcs point of view.

I mean damage buffs Power Overload and Streak, great, exactly what my stamboy needed. I think I'll take another break.

Yeah I'm disappointed, the only real change we'll see if a damage buff to streak but it isn't like we can spam that due to it being mag and the increased cost of casting it in rapid succession.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My stamsorc w/ prisoners could benefit from the streak change in theory but I don't think my squishy mediaum armor build will be dropping ball of lightening anytime soon. I guess at least my Dawnies will hit harder and the new spin to win (whirring blades) should have higher tooltips at the cost of smaller radius?
    Edited by ccmedaddy on April 15, 2019 8:12PM
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to thank our class stamSorc representatives for their hard work. GREAT CHANGES, AMAZING SUCCESS!
    Yes.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MagSorc gets the good QoL stuff. Most useful stuff are:

1) Crystal Frag reduced cost by 15%
    2) Streak is a 3 second stun
    3) Liquid Lightning 12 sec duration up from 10 secs
    4) Mage's Wrath dodgeable explosion fixed and AoE dmg buffed.
    5) Endless Fury returns more magicka than before when the target dies. also works even if you miss the killing blow
    6) Daedric Prey is now a pet taunt (nice!)

Also fixed the Negate that wasn't absorbing ground AoEs and buffed Power Overload. I can't complain to be honest.
    EU | PC | AD
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are we supposed to use Lightening Flood in PvE now that it lines up with blockade? o.o
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, is the Vestment of the Warlock the new Lich?
    OLD
    • 5 – When you fall below 33% Magicka, restore 9000 Magicka. This effect can occur once every 1 minute.

NEW
    • 5 – When you fall below 25% Magicka, restore 11350 Magicka. This effect can occur once every 45 seconds.

11350 / 45 = 252 per sec.

Lich is 1032 regen for 20 secs (10 ticks) once per min. That's 10k max magicka per min. Even if you boost your base regen by 50% through Major Intelect 20% (pots), Capacitor passive (10%) and 5-light 20% (Evocation passive) that's still 15k in one min.

15000/ 60 = 250 per sec.

Without CP bonuses Warlock sounds comfortably better since you get the resource up front and don't have to wait for it to creep up. Definitely the best for BGs.

CP bonuses as well as Continuous Attack (another 20%) buff might make Lich superior overall in CP enabled Cyrodiil.

Food for thought....
    EU | PC | AD