The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Sorcs Need Some Love

universal_wrath
universal_wrath
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone,

Now I know a lot of people are thinking that sorcs got buffed through amplatutde passive. But I find my sorc is still struggling to kill and sustain same as ever, even worse in excuation phase. The only way that allowed sorc to compete with other classes in excuation, is the fact that they have 2 instead of 1 like all classes. From a PVE prospective ampulsion and mages wrath would proc for around 20k each, while jesus beam would proc 25-40k per tic, impale for at least 30k. What I'm tring to say is that mages wrath is very low dmg exucation in comprison to other classes. There is also 2 passives that are completly useless for non pet sorcs, blood magic passive is nerfed(maybe fixed) I use to heal my charcter with each tick from the supression field, now blood mahic only work on the ulti when it's first proc. Also, 9% mag regen could have been better, but I don't see it helping with sustain at all.

What do you think?
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That magblades ow need A LOT more help than magsorcs.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc damage feels higher than ever, so I definitely don't want to see them buffed in that department. With a good enough stam pool/regen you can live on dark conversion for sustain. People who complain about sustain are usually the ones not doing anything to actually facilitate in managing their own resources, and expect their class to just carry them.
    Mag sorc is in a spot where it's very hard to buff without overtuning them.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But dark conversion cost stam/mag of other lower pool, and is cast time. Plus, dark conversion is not dynamic in rotation and is not returning resources as it used to be. Still not able to compete with nightblades and templars during excuation.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc are in a Decent sport right now, other classes are definetly in more need of love...

Stam and MagDK in PVE, Magwarden in PVE, stamsorc in PVE....just to name a few
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• jarydf
    jarydf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs don't need love, they just need to be left alone for awhile.

I am sick of zos nerfing things I like only to buff other things ending up in the same spot but feeling annoyed.
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wtf? It has superior sustain and damage, mobility from path and cloak. Sorc is nothing compared to magblade.
  • Swiftfox_Bouncyface

Wtf? It has superior sustain and damage, mobility from path and cloak. Sorc is nothing compared to magblade.

People like you shouldn't be allowed to express their opinion
    Pronoun: They

Titles:
    Former Saltminer
    A kawaii furry (^w^)
    Leader of Furry Squad PvP Guild

Characters
    Swiftfox Bouncyface
    A random furry
    I Fur You
    owo
    i have anxiety
    i love children

Hewwo my fursona is Swiftfox Bouncyface I'm 37 years old and I love furries OwO, i'm also a little bit shy but I'll have you know that's because i was *** at furcon >/ / /<

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you would´ve said stamblade instead of magblade, your comment would´ve made some sense, but I can assure you that magsorc got lightyears better mobility and damage than magblade got this patch.

Cloak and Shade is useless if you can´t get rid of all snares that will constantly be applied to you in PvP. A magblade don´t have the luxury to run a snare remover (purge doesn´t count since it doesn´t give immunity) unless you want to gimp yourself and run 2h with Forward momentum.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooga booga MagBlade op
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope you're joking. Mag sorc can sustain indefinitely on dark conversion alone, not to forget it also has a decent heal attached to it as a bonus. Mobility you got boundless storm and streak. Damage is a lot more forgiving on sorc as well, as curse can't be dodged, reflected or even blocked, whereas everything in the magblades kit is delayed and telegraphed.
    The fact you even brought up path in an argument makes me laugh.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magdens need some love too.
    Stamsorc as well.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorc is a dubble layered class with two sides to it. Pet Sorc and Non-Pet Sorc.

Currently Pet Sorcs are realy strong for both PvP and PvE.

Meanwhile Non-Pet Sorcs have been forgotten and nerfed until oblivion.

- Last sustain "buff" was just a mere cost reduction to pet sorcs
    - Implosion change was a step in the right direction
    - Frag dmg buff is well received and was direly needed, still needs it's stun back tho.

WTB more love to Non-Pet Sorcs! We are pigeonholden into few builds that work in PvP, and underdogs in PvE DPS due to sustain issues.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    ✭✭✭
    No
    New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
    Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
    My little rant I guess?:
      One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
      Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
      Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
      • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
      • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
      • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
      • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
      • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
      • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
      • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
      • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
      • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
      • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
      • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
      • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
      • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
      • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
      • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
      • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
    • BalticBlues
      BalticBlues
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Kikke wrote: »
      Currently Pet Sorcs are realy strong for both PvP and PvE.
      This is a joke, right? How many Pet Sorcs of the entire PvP population do you see now? 1%? 2%?
      Since ZOS removed the 3rd Overload bar, Pet Sorcs who have do double-bar their pets are missing so many skills that their gameplay is crippled. If NBs can have a one-slot-pet, why can't Sorcs?. PET SORCS NEED BAR-SLOTS. HELP!

• ccmedaddy
      ccmedaddy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I agree, sorc execute in TRAGIC in PvE. In many cases it's not even worth slotting.

IMO they should change one of the morphs to an instant execute (just like Impale) with a higher tooltip. This will make non-pet sorcs more competitive in PvE while changing nothing for PvP.
    • ezio45
      ezio45
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

non pet and mnb both need some help
    • ezio45
      ezio45
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Hello everyone,

Now I know a lot of people are thinking that sorcs got buffed through amplatutde passive. But I find my sorc is still struggling to kill and sustain same as ever, even worse in excuation phase. The only way that allowed sorc to compete with other classes in excuation, is the fact that they have 2 instead of 1 like all classes. From a PVE prospective ampulsion and mages wrath would proc for around 20k each, while jesus beam would proc 25-40k per tic, impale for at least 30k. What I'm tring to say is that mages wrath is very low dmg exucation in comprison to other classes. There is also 2 passives that are completly useless for non pet sorcs, blood magic passive is nerfed(maybe fixed) I use to heal my charcter with each tick from the supression field, now blood mahic only work on the ulti when it's first proc. Also, 9% mag regen could have been better, but I don't see it helping with sustain at all.

What do you think?

I agree that non pet needs some help. But its not a damage thing. Its sustain thing. non pet msorc have the worst sustain in game. It makes it hard in execute when your mag pool empties so fast.

also non pet needs better heals for solo and pvp

shields for both non pet and mnb are extremely weak in pvp. especially if you arnt shield stacking on non pet.
    • ezio45
      ezio45
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Alucardo wrote: »
      Sorc damage feels higher than ever, so I definitely don't want to see them buffed in that department. With a good enough stam pool/regen you can live on dark conversion for sustain. People who complain about sustain are usually the ones not doing anything to actually facilitate in managing their own resources, and expect their class to just carry them.
      Mag sorc is in a spot where it's very hard to buff without overtuning them.

first off, for the most part no class has sustain issues without adding things to there sustain in pvp. At least as mad as non pet.

second do not give me the exchange talk in pve.
    • ezio45
      ezio45
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

I think i pvp both non pet and mnb need some help.

mnb isnt doing to hot either since the shield nerf and sustain and shields are both a problem for non pet.

The op is talking about pve tho.
    • Gilvoth
      Gilvoth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      if you give us nightblades back the sneak speeds we once had that allowed us to sneak as fast as horses running, then sure, go ahead and buff sorcs.
      but if not? then here is the truth.
      sorcerer both magicka and stamina are very strong and do tremendous damage in pvp and thier shields are way too strong.
      the very Last thing i would ever do on earth is to give "love" to them especially not buff them.
      they need anything it would be they need nerfed in damage and have the explosion skill removed along with that horrible 50 mile wide hurricane that removes any chance for us nightlbades to be able to stealth.
      i have even seen them cast hurricane while mounted on horse and sweep entire HUGE areas with hurricane running the whole time while we do everything we can to escape but cant because its so HUGE of an area of effect that no one can be in sneak Anywehere.
    • ezio45
      ezio45
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Rake wrote: »
      Magdens need some love too.
      Stamsorc as well.

i agree there. non pet, mnb, magden and ssorc need some wor in both pvp and pve
    • ezio45
      ezio45
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      ccmedaddy wrote: »
      I agree, sorc execute in TRAGIC in PvE. In many cases it's not even worth slotting.

IMO they should change one of the morphs to an instant execute (just like Impale) with a higher tooltip. This will make non-pet sorcs more competitive in PvE while changing nothing for PvP.

the delayed wrath is huge in pvp, its the only reason sorc is able to kill at all
    • ccmedaddy
      ccmedaddy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      ezio45 wrote: »
      ccmedaddy wrote: »

the delayed wrath is huge in pvp, its the only reason sorc is able to kill at all
      Yeah that's why I want one of the morphs to be changed and the other to remain the way it is so PvPers can continue using it.
    • psychotic13
      psychotic13
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sorcs are like battletanks now, thought it was more balanced before tbh when they dropped when there shields when down.
    • Universe
      Universe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Magicka sorcerer should receive some buffs to sustain and execution.
      Also, ZOS should change the way Overload works since it is really dull and only work for some very specific builds.
      Furthermore, The magicka sorcerer pets should be nerfed since pet builds are OP in 1v1 and small scale PVP and in PVE.
      ZOS buffed the pets in the last Update and by doing so they made them far too much rewarding.
      This change was not needed at all and made pets OP:
      All pets will now inherit your bonuses and derived stats. This means your Critical Hit Chance, Critical Hit Multipliers, Champion Points, and other % damage or healing amplifications will be applied to any pet you summon. Item sets that summon pets will continue to not inherent your Critical Strike Chance.

Please note that this will not affect which stats your pets scale with, but rather if they will inherit things such as % damage done modifiers.

Developer Comment:
      This was aimed at making the stat scaling system easier to understand in the long run; when you increase your own damage, your pets will now follow in scale as such. This is part of an ongoing process to make pets clearer and more enjoyable to use.

More enjoyable ? You made the pets OP @ZOS_BrianWheeler ...
      Instead of buffing pets, please make the sorcerer class as a whole more enjoyable...
      Why should players just use pets and not use other builds ?
      It is important that the sorcerer class will allow more than one build to work properly and as it stands right now, pet sorcerer are at the top of the pyramid while other types of sorcerer builds are far behind.
      Pets should be nerfed and the class should be buffed in sustain, execution and better DPS ultimate than Overload.
      Overload is a joke.
      Edited by Universe on March 28, 2019 1:22PM
      Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
      PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
      Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
      PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
      Started playing ESO in beta & early access
      User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    • Taktak
      Taktak
      ✭✭✭

That's True 👍
    • Taktak
      Taktak
      ✭✭✭
      Hello everyone,

What do you think?

Developers jusk keep nerf sorc all the time......if there is class should be nerf more than others it will be nightblade, not sorc.
    • KhajiitFelix
      KhajiitFelix
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Alucardo wrote: »

I hope you're joking. Mag sorc can sustain indefinitely on dark conversion alone, not to forget it also has a decent heal attached to it as a bonus. Mobility you got boundless storm and streak. Damage is a lot more forgiving on sorc as well, as curse can't be dodged, reflected or even blocked, whereas everything in the magblades kit is delayed and telegraphed.
      The fact you even brought up path in an argument makes me laugh.

Nobody runs dark conversation nor boundless and streak.
    • Priyasekarssk
      Priyasekarssk
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh yes all leader boards are full of NBs and werewolf still need help. Can we ask ZOs to give godmode for mage blades ?
    • Priyasekarssk
      Priyasekarssk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hello everyone,

What do you think?

Mage wrath needs some fixes not damage boost. Most of the time its bugged or broken and completely useless. Apart that mage sorc should be pretty fine in execute if mage wrath is fixed . ZOs did something that mage wrath is completely broken now both in PVE and PVP. Another shelved skill from sorc tool kit and no one slotting it despite its an execute. No one wants to wrestle with a buggy skill.
      Edited by Priyasekarssk on March 30, 2019 4:11AM