Maintenance for the week of February 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 18
• Xbox One: EU megaserver for maintenance – February 20, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
The Wrathstone DLC Game Pack and Update 21 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454456/

[Class Rep] Dragonknight Feedback Thread

• BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭
    Ash cloud and morphs are really interesting skills but have such a small range, it is hard to justify their use in pvp. It is almost always more useful to use wall of elements with an ice staff for an aoe damage and snare. Increasing the radius by 1-2 meters would allow more room for a "stand your ground" playstyle, at least bringing it to the same range as talons. Reducing the snare can be done for compensation for said buff, probably to 50-60%.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ash cloud and morphs are really interesting skills but have such a small range, it is hard to justify their use in pvp. It is almost always more useful to use wall of elements with an ice staff for an aoe damage and snare. Increasing the radius by 1-2 meters would allow more room for a "stand your ground" playstyle, at least bringing it to the same range as talons. Reducing the snare can be done for compensation for said buff, probably to 50-60%.

Well its like sorcs LL...which you dont see beeing used often in pvp aswell.
    But thats a problem for the sorc thread

Personally I think adding a synergy to ashcloud abd its morphs may be a good change to give magdk (maybe even stam dks) a reason to ve considered for a raidgroup
    Theres ofc the real possibility to throw it on a tank and have him provide the synergy, but I think that another highcost skill might be too much for the tank to also use...and he need to drop another skill for it
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vMSA

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Master Angler / PVP Noob^^

Exceed Gaming
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭

Well its like sorcs LL...which you dont see beeing used often in pvp aswell.
    But thats a problem for the sorc thread

Personally I think adding a synergy to ashcloud abd its morphs may be a good change to give magdk (maybe even stam dks) a reason to ve considered for a raidgroup
    Theres ofc the real possibility to throw it on a tank and have him provide the synergy, but I think that another highcost skill might be too much for the tank to also use...and he need to drop another skill for it

I was thinking more on the lines of bring ash cloud more inline with other aoe DK skills or the new melee range increase. Talons is 6m, inhale is 8m, and melee range is 7. This leaves ash clouds 5m rather lacking. It is rather hard to play a stand your ground fantasy if one tries to combo ash cloud, talons, and inhale, but the enemy is outside of the range of cloud, or even talons, when using inhale. The snare zoning utility of ash cloud is also diminished with such a small area. Increasing the range too much and keeping the snare the same strength would be problematic, however.

A synergy might take away from the power budget of the spell, especially with a synergy already on talons and banner. Granted, many pve tanks may not use banner, and talons, iirc, can't root bosses. Ash cloud also seems more useful on a dps or healer either way, from function.
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would add instead of 600 health bonus to Dunmers a passive that works like 5th effect of sun set adding 400 spell dmg to flame based attacks.

I would change Igneous Weapons to also recover highest resources while skill is active (so that it will be somewhat useful morph not like now) and add major brutality to molten weapons so that we would have a choice to make sustain vs more heavy attack damage.

I would add synergy to ash cloud/cinder storm (any kind would do - we need it, prefferable some kind of DPS group buff to make them more needed in end game PvE content)

I would change obsidian shard - either lower the cost to ~2,5k or leave cost as it is but on impact when healing causing AoE heal for half of what we healed main target (obsidian shard would become grenade like missile shattering on impact and stabbing allies in the area with our love <3)

I would create stam/poison whip morph, I still do not understand why there are so few skills for stam on a "Knight" type class.

PS: Would be awesome to finally have execution skill. And also increase 1 morph of Fragmented Shield so that it would not be considered useless and destroy tanks casting their own shield version.
    Edited by Jamdarius on February 5, 2019 8:09AM
  • MassTerror23
    From a pve standpoint stamDK DD doesn’t have a utility role in trials or group play besides being a tank. Can some type of utility be thought of for the stamDK DDs out there because we’re a dying species.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MassTerror23 , theoretically, our "group buff" is supposed to be Minor Brutality, but for stamDK, it's difficult to bring that buff without wasting some of own, personal damage away (skill slot, extra skill cast, and base magicka regen isn't enough to sustain both FoO and Igneous Weapons). So it automatically falls to tank. I think sorcs are in same spot with their group offering - no easy way to give it to the group while keeping on doing their usual DD thing.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamdarius wrote: »
    I would add instead of 600 health bonus to Dunmers a passive that works like 5th effect of sun set adding 400 spell dmg to flame based attacks.

I would change Igneous Weapons to also recover highest resources while skill is active (so that it will be somewhat useful morph not like now) and add major brutality to molten weapons so that we would have a choice to make sustain vs more heavy attack damage.

I would add synergy to ash cloud/cinder storm (any kind would do - we need it, prefferable some kind of DPS group buff to make them more needed in end game PvE content)

I would change obsidian shard - either lower the cost to ~2,5k or leave cost as it is but on impact when healing causing AoE heal for half of what we healed main target (obsidian shard would become grenade like missile shattering on impact and stabbing allies in the area with our love <3)

I would create stam/poison whip morph, I still do not understand why there are so few skills for stam on a "Knight" type class.

PS: Would be awesome to finally have execution skill. And also increase 1 morph of Fragmented Shield so that it would not be considered useless and destroy tanks casting their own shield version.

Ashcloud and morph synergy -> Yes please, already suggested that in various other threads, should help magkDK alot in terms of utility (but then again just throw it on tank gg )

whip is hard to change, since both morphs are idely used, however merging the 2 Whips into 1 magicka morph, and give the other morph to a stam abiliy seems doable
    Maybe dont let it procc in PVE (offbalance proc), but when the in a dungeon or trial it will grant 150SD while slotted.

Execute...well they should make it Posion and fire based execute.
    Something like when an enemie is burning or poisoned, your fire and poison skills deal increased dmg, getting stronger the lower the health get.
    Same as new sorc passive, but other way arround.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vMSA

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Master Angler / PVP Noob^^

Exceed Gaming
  • vesselwiththepestle
    Adding a Synergy to Ash Clould would be great for the weak healing morph. Even on my healer I went for the damage morph...

The synergy could be either burst damage (Eruption) or a burst heal (Cinder Storm), not much, but SOMETHING.

Increasing the radius of Eruption would be great, too, but I'd prefer increasing the range to 28m on Eruption (while increased radius would be even more important for Cinder Storm, honestly the radius should be the same like Grand Healing: 8 meters).

Is any DK healer actually using Cinder Storm and prefers it over Eruption? Probably if you are using SPC and want to get as much healing sources as possible to achieve overhealing.
  • MassTerror23
    @MassTerror23 , theoretically, our "group buff" is supposed to be Minor Brutality, but for stamDK, it's difficult to bring that buff without wasting some of own, personal damage away (skill slot, extra skill cast, and base magicka regen isn't enough to sustain both FoO and Igneous Weapons). So it automatically falls to tank. I think sorcs are in same spot with their group offering - no easy way to give it to the group while keeping on doing their usual DD thing.

I run eruption and can sustain FoO and eruption perfectly fine. I cast eruption every other rotation and FoO every rotation. As far as damage is concerned I parse higher with eruption than other bar setups that don’t have eruption. However, tanks run igneous shield so they supply to group minor brut anyways, so we still don’t give a utility to the group
    Edited by MassTerror23 on February 11, 2019 7:55PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My top 2 pain point are the lack of:
    1. Stamina based damage dealing execution skill.
    2. Stamina based group buff.

For 1. Green claw is nice and all, and the green stinky breath is really good. But I'm tired of relying on wep skills to kill people... Not just to DoT.
    For 2. Ok, so we got the exploding rock, which, as a bonus, gives me Minor Brut. That's a good team buff. We also have the flaming sword that give buff to heavy attacks. but...those are Magickas.... I need something to help me out without diminishing my minimum magicka storage....

So in essence, my problem with DK is when we opt for stamina build, we are reliant on weapon skills and guilds skill for damage and buff....
    Davadin - Nord Dragon Knight - NA Megaserver