The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Dragonknight Feedback Thread

• Beffagorn
    Beffagorn
    ✭✭✭
    Tldr: is Stam DK better or worse after Murkmire?

Nothing really changed that makes any difference.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beffagorn wrote: »
    Tldr: is Stam DK better or worse after Murkmire?

Nothing really changed that makes any difference.

except speed pots got nerfed. FM got nerfed.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My experience with DK,

I feel fool fighting them, I have to go away. why?

1. ZOS managed to get rid of powerful shields and dodge chance then why giving something powerful "Reflection" to DK?
    2. Sorcerer were nerf down to ground, Fossilize a definate kill utility; just spam whip then Talons and then again Fossilize
    3. May be only class that spam Heavy Armor in PVP, every 2nd DK running heavy armor. None other class make bad use of Heavy Armor in PVP like DK "Unkillables"

BG are most affected due to this, DK are just winners for Capture Relic or Chaos Ball. They reflect almost 70% wihtout taking any damage

@Tasear , please look into above feedback.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on November 10, 2018 11:57AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience with DK,

1. ZOS managed to get rid of powerful shields and dodge chance then why giving something powerful "Reflection" to DK?
    2. Sorcerer were nerf down to ground, Fossilize a definate kill utility, just spam whip and then talons and then again Fossilize
    3. May be class that spam Heavy Armor in PVP, every 2nd DK running heavy armor. None other class make bad use of Heavy Armor in PVP like DK. "Unkillables"

BG are most affected due to this, DK are just winners for Capture Relic or Chaos Basll they reflect almost 70% wihtout taking any damage

Understood
  • JasonWangTaiwan
    Well most dk beat up by DW bleed builds, you think they are winning relic and chaos ball because they don’t need to move around.
    I am sure we are playing different game because I wear heavy armor and I am sure dk heavy armor build isn’t that strong in current BG.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    My experience with DK,

2. Sorcerer were nerf down to ground, Fossilize a definate kill utility, just spam whip and then talons and then again Fossilize
    3. May be class that spam Heavy Armor in PVP, every 2nd DK running heavy armor. None other class make bad use of Heavy Armor in PVP like DK. "Unkillables"

BG are most affected due to this, DK are just winners for Capture Relic or Chaos Basll they reflect almost 70% wihtout taking any damage

Understood

Shield nerf was silly but you also know this is not really true. MDKs cannot sustain in HA, stam in general is just better in HA due to sets. Not because it's a DK in stam spec.

Taking away CC from DK = class useless for anything.

Reflect is fine.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on November 11, 2018 3:15AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My experience with DK,

Understood

Shield nerf was silly but you also know this is not really true. MDKs cannot sustain in HA, stam in general is just better in HA due to sets. Not because it's a DK in stam spec.

Reflect is fine.

Many MDK are running heavy too, they are currently strongest in PVP for magicka class.

Reflection is not fine, magicka players are suffering from 80%-90% uptime reflection in BG, they simply win Capture the Relic and Chaos Ball. Magicka feels fool attacking them. Cloak and Streak never works while carrying chaos ball or relic then why Reflection works?

Even in BG death match they outperform most of class, its currently full of DK everywhere.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on November 11, 2018 6:53PM
  • The_Camper
    The_Camper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many MDK are running heavy too, they are currently strongest in PVP for magicka class.

Lmao. Magplars and Magblades are laughing from their respective corners. are you playing the same game as rest of us?
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The_Camper wrote: »

Lmao. Magplars and Magblades are laughing from their respective corners. are you playing the same game as rest of us?

Highly doubt that, I only play BG (for leader board) and hardly seeing MNB but yes Magplar are out there in every group with DK

ZOS will for sure collect statistics from game, no need for me to go in arguments or prove anything!

Thank You,
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on November 11, 2018 7:03PM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Highly doubt that, I only play BG (for leader board) and hardly seeing MNB but yes Magplar are out there in every group with DK

ZOS will for sure collect statistics from game, no need for me to go in arguments or prove anything!

Thank You,

MDKs running HA? If they kill you with that set up, that's really on you. Are you sure it is not them running HA outfit over LA like I do with almost all my magicka chars?
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My experience with DK,

Understood

Reflect is fine.

Reflection is not fine, magicka players are suffering from 80%-90% uptime reflection in BG, they simply win Capture the Relic and Chaos Ball. Magicka feels fool attacking them. Cloak and Streak never works while carrying chaos ball or relic then why Reflection works?

Even in BG death match they outperform most of class, its currently full of DK everywhere.

As a mDK myself, I can tell you that killing a mDK it's easiest that it seems, you just have to learn how;:

1- On my mDK I just use a lit staff and laugh at them spamming wings. Wings is not the "OP skill many people think it is, you just need to move away from your regular "I kill this guy throwing granades at him". That implies loooking for alternatives. If you try once and again to kill a wing spammer using projectiles, then the problem is not the skill, it is you.

2- On my sorc, which is a weird "arcane archer build" (she relies on elemental weapon) I use the good old combo of rune + mages fury + elemental weapon when they are not aware it comes. That's why I use a bow (arrows are harder to see than fireballs). If for some reason I use EW after the DK used wings, immediately I dodge roll. That's all.

More than half of the DKs in Cyro/BG are baddies that jumped into the DK hype after 3 years. Most people do not know how to fight them and that's why they seem stronger than they really are. If you see one of them, just burn him on melee or use crushing shock or the unreflectable class skills you have access.
    Edited by Xvorg on November 12, 2018 1:59PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank You,

MDKs running HA? If they kill you with that set up, that's really on you. Are you sure it is not them running HA outfit over LA like I do with almost all my magicka chars?

Not wanted to go in debate, I know DK enjoying easy win in BG and trying to defend.

Seducer still awesome set for DK to be in HA and combine with good sets to deliver great damage combo, cheap ultimate hits harder to deliver enough burs and wings reflect enough to secure winning in Chaos Ball and Capture Relic. In No CP DK outperforming other classes easily!

I agree, Mag DK are Tanky but not as much Stam DK.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inhale
    This skill should be the mDK iconic skill. Right now it is too expensive. If you compare that skill to Warden's Scorch it deals 37% less damage and it is 66% more expensive. On top of that the warden skill provides penetration.

Igneous Weapons I find this skill to expensive (4320 Magicka). If I want to use it as a stamina player, I already have 4 skills for magicka burn (Wings, fosilize, gneous Shield and Spiked Armor).
    Make the skill cost stamina 3888 Stamina. Then the helping hands passive will reduce it to 2898 stamina.

Stonefist
    Total rework. That CC is not needed.
    Because I can!
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Inhale
    This skill should be the mDK iconic skill. Right now it is too expensive. If you compare that skill to Warden's Scorch it deals 37% less damage and it is 66% more expensive. On top of that the warden skill provides penetration.

Igneous Weapons I find this skill to expensive (4320 Magicka). If I want to use it as a stamina player, I already have 4 skills for magicka burn (Wings, fosilize, gneous Shield and Spiked Armor).
    Make the skill cost stamina 3888 Stamina. Then the helping hands passive will reduce it to 2898 stamina.

Stonefist

Inhale is not just too expensive...
    Draw Essence, is probably the most underused magdk Skill (moorph).
    The time between the sap and the explosion is IMO too long (for both morphs), the Magicka gained back should not take into consideration how many ppl you hit with the explosion, but how many ppl you draw from.
    Furthermore, the skill should DRAW the essence from the enemy, and give it to you...a Magickasteal ability, which sets the enemy under pressure if he gets in range.

Igneous weapons should get 1 Morph changed, to increase you lightattack dmg by a flat ammount, and you heavyattackdmg by another flat ammount.
    This would help DK's to gain on other meele DD's in a raidsetup in terms of DPS....if its strong enough to beeing slotted on a DD...which im not certain atm.
    Stam prob more viable than mag, but mag can maybe dropp engulfing then (which doesnt bring that much DPS anyways atm)

Stonefist...well no idea how to go with that skill, its a niche ranged knockdown, but DK isnt really ranged sooo jeah rework into something usefull pls ;)
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inhale

Stonefist

Igneous should be a stam morph imho

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inhale

Stonefist

Inhale is not just too expensive...
    Draw Essence, is probably the most underused magdk Skill (moorph).
    The time between the sap and the explosion is IMO too long (for both morphs), the Magicka gained back should not take into consideration how many ppl you hit with the explosion, but how many ppl you draw from.
    Furthermore, the skill should DRAW the essence from the enemy, and give it to you...a Magickasteal ability, which sets the enemy under pressure if he gets in range.

Igneous weapons should get 1 Morph changed, to increase you lightattack dmg by a flat ammount, and you heavyattackdmg by another flat ammount.
    This would help DK's to gain on other meele DD's in a raidsetup in terms of DPS....if its strong enough to beeing slotted on a DD...which im not certain atm.
    Stam prob more viable than mag, but mag can maybe dropp engulfing then (which doesnt bring that much DPS anyways atm)

Stonefist...well no idea how to go with that skill, its a niche ranged knockdown, but DK isnt really ranged sooo jeah rework into something usefull pls ;)

Stonefist is just bad... even compared with shock reach it brings nothing to DKs. At least shock reach has a dot associated

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Actually they can make 1 stam, and 1 magicka Morph, no problem.

Remove major Sorcery from Eruptive Weapons, and add that light attacks deal 20% more dmg. and change costs to stamina.

Then you'd hae a morph for magicka, with the 40% heavyattack dmg, and Major Sorcery, and one for stamina.

(TBH every DD will still use the Stamina Morph, since 20% lightattackdmg are definetly worth slotting it)

Edited by SaintSubwayy on November 12, 2018 5:44PM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Remove major Sorcery from Eruptive Weapons, and add that light attacks deal 20% more dmg. and change costs to stamina.

Then you'd hae a morph for magicka, with the 40% heavyattack dmg, and Major Sorcery, and one for stamina.

(TBH every DD will still use the Stamina Morph, since 20% lightattackdmg are definetly worth slotting it)

IDK... I like the HA morph

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IDK... I like the HA morph

soo maybe 1 for both major buffs, and the other for light and heavyattack buffs, so you'd have to decide ;)
    PC EU

• jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I do think the Major Brutality morph needs to be adjusted to become more viable for stamDK, I don't think straight changing it to a stamina ability is the answer, especially if it would have a light attack buff attached to it.

My suggestion would be to have it grant Major Sorcery and Major Brutality for 33 seconds (about 40 with the Eternal Mountain passive), however it only grants them to yourself, nobody else, and it grants the light attack buff.

The reason why this skill costs so much magicka is because it is a group utility skill. It grants both Major buffs to everybody nearby, and so needs a steep cost to keep it in line. By having a selfish morph, only granting both Major buffs to yourself, the magicka cost can be reduced significantly, which makes it more viable for both stamina and magicka.

A group-oriented DK can pick Molten, but a selfish DK can pick Igneous.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of all magic damage from our skills. Poison or fire. Why magic :|
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just want to say; nobody is using standard ultimate in pvp.

too much expansive.

Edited by Xarc on November 13, 2018 4:21AM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    Xarcus wrote: »

too much expansive.

I am. It feels so good to drop that ult and go "what now?! this is my house!" and watch them panic trying to get out of the fiery ring of death.

on the other hand, this is only used as an opener, because when your sustain is tied to ults, it is very hard to save up that much ult...
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Get rid of all magic damage from our skills. Poison or fire. Why magic :|

Have agree here...magicdmg ok a dk which is heavily optimized towards firedmg is kind of a no brainer
    PC EU

• Adeshal
    Adeshal
    ✭✭

too much expansive.

Shifting Standard is not that bad. :)
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

too much expansive.

actually, all classes have 3 types of dmg:

NB = Disease - Physical - Magical
    Sorc= Shock - Physical - Magical
    Templar= Physical - Magical- Flame
    Warden= Physical - Cold - Magical
    DK= Magical- Flame - Poison (Physical on Take flight)

Imho magical dmg is way better than poison and poison compared to physical is crap. I don't even get why do DKs have poison dmg having an entire crafting line and mats dedicated to poison.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

too much expansive.

Imho magical dmg is way better than poison and poison compared to physical is crap. I don't even get why do DKs have poison dmg having an entire crafting line and mats dedicated to poison.

I really dislike that puke Noxious Breath. But as I am a PvPer I dont know how useful is for the PvE. So I just dont slot that skill. BTW Wardens got a really nice poison damage Subterranean Assault. I will take that :smiley:
    Because I can!
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

too much expansive.

I really dislike that puke Noxious Breath. But as I am a PvPer I dont know how useful is for the PvE. So I just dont slot that skill. BTW Wardens got a really nice poison damage Subterranean Assault. I will take that :smiley:

Didn't know SA (developers should get more creative with their names, SA can be like 5 different things), was poison. So maybe we could change claw to a bleed... I mean if a dragon uss it's claws I doubt they'd just poison

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

too much expansive.

Why is magic damage better than poison? At least poison can proc a status effect.

IMHO Magic damage and physical damage are the worst. They don't proc any effects. They are just generic damage.

Personally I would love to see physical damage proc a status (bleed, bruising, whatever), and then turn "magic" damage into either fire, frost, or shock. I always thought the concept of "magic" damage was boring.

As for DKs in general, I actually like the idea of the poison knight. It would be kinda fun if they took the idea a little farther and gave a passive that turned all DK physical damage into poison, so we could just go all in with Morag Tong etc.
    Edited by kojou on November 13, 2018 2:50PM
    Playing since beta...
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭

too much expansive.

It's not like anymore, now its green fire. Unless you are talking about the viability of the skill, then yes, its puke.

I think there are better ways to get fracture in pve.