Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please LOSE the Commercial

• Aluneth
    Aluneth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pre Summerset : No major advertisement - "This is alright"
    Post Summerset : Huge advertisement window - "This is horrible!"
    Change after Summerset : Huge advertisement window, but not as often - This is great! Thank you!

This is simple psychology people, and you're all falling for it.

- They introduce a change that isn't liked, and they go over the top with it (every day). You complain about it.
    - They tone down on this change, to make it less over the top (once a day), but still there. Now you praise them.

To make this a little bit easier to understand.

- You get a good hamburger. You're alright with it.
    - You get a bad hamburger. You're complaining.
    - You get an average hamburger. You're alright with it.

By introducing it in such an over-the-top way, it's easier to make you accept it once they tone it down, and you'll even praise and thank them for it.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aluneth wrote: »
    Change after Summerset : Huge advertisement window, but not as often - This is great! Thank you!

- They introduce a change that isn't liked, and they go over the top with it (every day). You complain about it.
    - They tone down on this change, to make it less over the top (once a day), but still there. Now you praise them.

By introducing it in such an over-the-top way, it's easier to make you accept it once they tone it down, and you'll even praise and thank them for it.

I, for one, am well aware of this. There isn't anything we can do about it. They get to win.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I appreciate the fact that I'll only have to quick close the giant eyesore trying to get me to buy something I already have just once a day, rather than 8 to 20 times a day. Thanks for that, ZOS.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    OK you guys rightfully want to make money out of the game that you built, nothing is wrong with that.

But think about it, would a car company like bmw advertise their parts on car's control panel before you start the engine? I can't Imagine how annoying it could get if they do that. And that's exactly what you do!

You're not just annoying us, you're also making your own game look cheaper. I'm here to support any tes game as long as you bring us good content. (AND LESS MOUNTAINS)
    Edited by Artheiron on May 31, 2018 6:53AM
  • Yigrok
    Yigrok
    ✭✭✭
    Just press Alt as soon as game finishes loading... It's not the end of the world. But on the other hand this is annoying because ESO seems to be turning slowly into those annoying asian f2p mobile mmos where you are bombarded with adds even before you log into the game.

ZoS needs to either hire a decent GMM or fire the person who is currently handling it.

• NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I, for one, am well aware of this. There isn't anything we can do about it. They get to win.

Of course not. We just keep complaining until this horrible window which is FREAKING HALF EMPTY goes. It's an eyesore from the customer point of view and complete failure as a UI element.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately for them they are about to hit a second round of anger as XBOne and PS4 players jump to play next Tuesday. And while Console players dont have a lot of MMOs to choose from. They definitely have other games they can easily go play other than this.

And no add-ons to hide the thing. :s
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No they don't... this addon works perfectly to close the ad. http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2009-HideLoginAnnouncement.html

I will never see that hideous login ad again..
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course not. We just keep complaining until this horrible window which is FREAKING HALF EMPTY goes. It's an eyesore from the customer point of view and complete failure as a UI element.

But when they start nagging you to collect your daily rewards, it will go from freaking half empty to wall of text. Somehow I don't envision that as being a more pleasant alternative.
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭

I reserve judgement for when they added the daily rewards and see what that does to the window. But I do appreciate it only being once a day. Honestly the size doesn't even bother me, never had. But the frequency did.
  • Allypage
    Allypage
    ✭✭
    Thanks so much for providing your feedback on the new announcement window. It’s worth mentioning this is only partially populated, and once the Daily Login Rewards is activated next week, this will be a place where you can also easily see which rewards are available to claim in addition to what’s currently being displayed. It will also provide some additional real estate to showcase in-game events when they’re active, and featured Crown Store items so you don’t miss out.

That said, we agree that this window is appearing too frequently and are working on making some adjustments. The plan is to have it only display once per account either when we’ve changed the featured products, or when a daily reward is available for you to claim. This work is in progress and will be implemented in a future incremental patch.

Thank you!

Thank You.. It's just too frequent when you're trying to just hop on do some crafting and move stuff around.
    I don't mind once per login ( account not toon ) but every time I switch a toon Yikes !
    and I like free stuff yay
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    Too much. Once a day, on one toon.

• LjMjollnir
    LjMjollnir
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for providing your feedback on the new announcement window. It’s worth mentioning this is only partially populated, and once the Daily Login Rewards is activated next week, this will be a place where you can also easily see which rewards are available to claim in addition to what’s currently being displayed. It will also provide some additional real estate to showcase in-game events when they’re active, and featured Crown Store items so you don’t miss out.

That said, we agree that this window is appearing too frequently and are working on making some adjustments. The plan is to have it only display once per account either when we’ve changed the featured products, or when a daily reward is available for you to claim. This work is in progress and will be implemented in a future incremental patch.

Too late.. ive already installed the "No Thank you" addon.. it nicely removes the Ad from showing altogether..

So instead of just showing it once per day per account not character.. you guys had it show every log in.. and now i just dont want to look at it anymore.. yeah you are saying that its getting changed.. but the thing is i already have the addon now.. so even when you do change it im not going to see it at all.. which means im not going to see any nice things on the crown store and will probably never buy them now.. you guys did yourselves in there... good work.....

i am planning on buying that Colossal Aldmeri Grotto.. but if i dont see the ad for it well i might just miss out... more money in my pocket atleast.
    Legend Of the Red Dragon
  • chayne424b14_ESO
    chayne424b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Why have I never seen this ad? I play almost everyday.

It is currently only on PC. I expect that the every login pop-up will be on console when it launches, since it is probably too close to console launch to fix it..
    I play on PC, I have never had an add of any kind pop up. I hit play on the launcher, it goes to the sign in screen, then to character select.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why have I never seen this ad? I play almost everyday.

It is currently only on PC. I expect that the every login pop-up will be on console when it launches, since it is probably too close to console launch to fix it..
    I play on PC, I have never had an add of any kind pop up. I hit play on the launcher, it goes to the sign in screen, then to character select.

What people are discussing is past the character selection as your character logs into the game. Perhaps you already have an addon blocking it?

It just started this week with Summerset, so have you logged in recently?
    Edited by Tevalaur on June 1, 2018 6:49AM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No they don't... this addon works perfectly to close the ad. http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2009-HideLoginAnnouncement.html

I will never see that hideous login ad again..

You will see it, if you play on Consoles. There will be no avoiding it there. ESO is dead to me on PS4, and while I have not seriously played there in a while, I kept it installed and checked in every couple weeks. It will be uninstalled before they drop Summerset so that I don't have to download the whole danged thing.

I still see it on PC, even though I have the addon. The addon is not faster than the eye. :smile:

• Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woke up to a patch and was so hopeful that they did something about it during this patch, but no. Saw it on all eight characters.
  • wearestarrdust
    Adding my 2 cents that this is hella obnoxious and while I LOVE seeing whats new in the store and have literally never had a problem with them wanting us to buy things this is just....freaking irritating.

Whether or not I purchase stuff is dependant on my own finances, not on how much you shove stuff in my face that really just cause us to need ANOTHER add-on.

Make it smaller, make it better, make it go away.
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭
    You guys are all daft. Pay attention to what @ZOS_GinaBruno said. It's only partially populated. We're gonna be getting daily login rewards starting this week, and they'll appear on that screen. If the "ad" as you all put it didn't come up on login, lots of people would miss the daily reward, then come here and QQ.
    Gimme back my sweetroll or so help me
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Niliu wrote: »
    You guys are all daft. Pay attention to what @ZOS_GinaBruno said. It's only partially populated. We're gonna be getting daily login rewards starting this week, and they'll appear on that screen. If the "ad" as you all put it didn't come up on login, lots of people would miss the daily reward, then come here and QQ.

Well actually I do pay attention and I saw this in action in the PTS: when a daily reward is available for pick-up you get a standard text notification just like any other notification.

Even if that wasn't the case, I pay enough attention that I don't need to see it on all 15 of my characters. I got it the first time.

It's the people that don't pay attention that need 15 daily reminders not the rest of us.

PS: we definitely could use less QQing though. Especially all the QQing from the Shill brigade.
    Edited by Iselin on June 4, 2018 1:46PM
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont disagree but you've basically just described the word "compromise" which isn't inherently bad. Provided the intent is good.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »
    Woke up to a patch and was so hopeful that they did something about it during this patch, but no. Saw it on all eight characters.

I didn't think they would update it this time, since I think they aren't really that concerned about it.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The ads are worse after the patch this week. Still saw the ad on all characters, even after claiming daily reward. Plus, I got reminded of my next daily reward (one I couldn't claim yet) each time I tried to log out. Far too excessive.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meld777 wrote: »
    Very short history of Neverwinter Online (free-to-play) and what might await us in ESO:

2013.1: "There will never be loot boxes and only cosmetic items in the ZEN store."

2013.2: "We changed our mind about loot boxes, but everything in there will be BoE, so you can sell/buy it from other players."
    2014.1: "Here's some nice stuff in the ZEN store, so you can craft/level a lot faster."
    2014.2: "Here are some super rare mounts in the loot boxes and other items that are not BoE, so only the lucky few will get it."
    2015.1: "Here's a fat, intrusive ZEN store advertisement every time you log in." --- ESO is here ---
    2015.2: "In order to craft BiS weapons, you will need, besides tons of other ingredients, this small ingredient that you can only buy in ZEN store, which is BoP ofc, and makes your weapon BoP once you craft it."
    2016.1: "Introduction of a new mount that is 30% faster than all other mounts in game (fyi, mount speed plays a HUGE role in NWO's PvP). It can only be found in loot boxes and is the rarest loot box item to date."
    2016.2: "Subscription model: Monthly 10$ subscription that provides you with flat 10% higher stats on everything, i.e. HP, power, everything. Must-have if you want to go PvP, or be taken by anyone into a decent PvE group, because everyone can see if you're a subscriber above your head. No subscriber? Instant votekick from harder dungeon finder content."
    2017.1: "Additional subscription levels: The more you pay, the higher stats you get. When subscribers play together in party, they get even higher stats. Awesome for PvP!"

I'm not familiar with what happened next, as I quit somewhere around the time the must-have loot box mount came out.

I'm sorry, anyone who believed this, even back in 2013, was a sucker. Cryptic had already made the same claim about Star Trek Online, and yet one of the first things in the C-Store were ships with unique Bridge Officer configurations. This is years before Perfect World would buy Cryptic. By the time Neverwinter had rolled out, they'd already gone from, "cosmetic only," to pure P2W, with the T5.5 ships in the C-Store and the stupidly powerful ships in lockboxes for years. Hell, STO's Life Time Sub option came with a ridiculously overpowered racial choice (Liberated Borg), so... yeah, no, I'm sorry, ESO hasn't even gotten to where Cryptic was in 2012.
  • MTijhuis
    MTijhuis
    ✭✭✭
    Really you launched it on the console, without any adjustments. Why on earth do I need to see that damn advertising every single time, I log in or change toons? Isn't once a day enough already. You do realize your game is still broken on the console, and we get kicked out way to often.

But don't worry about my complaint, I will Adjust. Which means no longer horse training, writs and hirelings on every character. Once I get dashboarded I will just play a other game. Today that was after 10 minutes.
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    This stupid ad is probably causing this horrific lag
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just making sure everyone saw this post from last week...

Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just making sure everyone saw this post from last week...

Yes Gina, we did see that. However, I think that is PC players were hoping "future incremental patch" meant this week's. Not some random Soon™ vague patch that has no expected delivery date.

Additionally, the fact that you say "once per account either when featured product changes or when a daily award is available" means it's still gonna show every day, possibly multiple times a day if you don't claim the daily reward on the first character. Since daily rewards ALSO get a text notification, a log out notification, AND are accessed through crown store...is it really necessary they be tied to this ad at all?

Separate daily rewards from crown store ad and only show the ad when something is new or on a countdown timer (seasonal quests, expiring items, new items). Would be much, much more player friendly.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno How about making the commercials... I dunno... smarter? Every, I log in to a giant ad telling me that I can pre-purchase Summerset... except that this is on an account that bought Summerset many weeks ago.

Or all the ads for the Morrowind Chap--er, I mean, DLC, on an account that's had Morrowind since last year's PTS.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least we PC folks had a couple of weeks to get used to the giant eyesore 20 times a day. The console crowd is getting double whammied with twice the pop ups out of the gate!