Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please LOSE the Commercial

• Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we’re talking about the same thing here, which I reckon we are - I just click through it like it isnt even there, tune it out. And I switch toons quite a lot, on PS4.

But frankly there are limited time crown store items that I keep an eye out for, and like browsing the thing some, so I’m not pestered by it as much as folks who have disinterest or hostility towards the crown store on general principle. So when it does register it doesn’t grate.

Less is more though. Once per account seems pretty reasonable.

Being able to toggle it off completely is the kind of small thing that builds brand loyalty. Just saying.
    Esse quam videri.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    Just making sure everyone saw this post from last week...
    Thanks so much for providing your feedback on the new announcement window. It’s worth mentioning this is only partially populated, and once the Daily Login Rewards is activated next week, this will be a place where you can also easily see which rewards are available to claim in addition to what’s currently being displayed. It will also provide some additional real estate to showcase in-game events when they’re active, and featured Crown Store items so you don’t miss out.

That said, we agree that this window is appearing too frequently and are working on making some adjustments. The plan is to have it only display once per account either when we’ve changed the featured products, or when a daily reward is available for you to claim. This work is in progress and will be implemented in a future incremental patch.

Yes Gina, we did see that. However, I think that is PC players were hoping "future incremental patch" meant this week's. Not some random Soon™ vague patch that has no expected delivery date.

Additionally, the fact that you say "once per account either when featured product changes or when a daily award is available" means it's still gonna show every day, possibly multiple times a day if you don't claim the daily reward on the first character. Since daily rewards ALSO get a text notification, a log out notification, AND are accessed through crown store...is it really necessary they be tied to this ad at all?

Separate daily rewards from crown store ad and only show the ad when something is new or on a countdown timer (seasonal quests, expiring items, new items). Would be much, much more player friendly.

Like the path where Sloads gets nerfed
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for providing your feedback on the new announcement window. It’s worth mentioning this is only partially populated, and once the Daily Login Rewards is activated next week, this will be a place where you can also easily see which rewards are available to claim in addition to what’s currently being displayed. It will also provide some additional real estate to showcase in-game events when they’re active, and featured Crown Store items so you don’t miss out.

That said, we agree that this window is appearing too frequently and are working on making some adjustments. The plan is to have it only display once per account either when we’ve changed the featured products, or when a daily reward is available for you to claim. This work is in progress and will be implemented in a future incremental patch.
    Gina, can you really tell us with a straight face that a huge, obnoxious ad is the only way to give us our daily rewards?

You went from a minimalist UI to shoving the crown store in our faces in the very first moment after logging into the game. This isn't the Elder Scrolls experience I signed up for. I know why you're doing all of this, but it still breaks my heart to watch it happen - and limiting the ad to show up once a day instead of 12 times a day doesn't really help because that's not the real underlying issue here. I think you know that.
    Edited by Rosveen on June 5, 2018 5:35PM
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm convinced that there are elements within ZOS who secretly work with competitors to undermine the game. If you want help finding out who they are just look at those responsible for spamming this add on every log-in and character change and whoever thought it was a good idea to make jewelry crafting upgrade mats 10X more grindy.

Summerset would have been an unqualified huge success without those. With them, it has to be qualified as great art and content, but...
  • idrankyourbeer
    idrankyourbeer
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno How about making the commercials... I dunno... smarter? Every, I log in to a giant ad telling me that I can pre-purchase Summerset... except that this is on an account that bought Summerset many weeks ago.

Or all the ads for the Morrowind Chap--er, I mean, DLC, on an account that's had Morrowind since last year's PTS.

i dont know how theyll be able to manage that without "accidentilly" infecting your computer with more spyware and claiming that it's not active.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can only hope the ad for a new monitization director is a result of the dismissal of whoever is responsible for this greedy hucksterific sleazification campaign..... but that may be somewhat optimistic.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • dimmanxak
    dimmanxak
    ✭✭✭
    So when someone will create "Tamriel Adblock" addon?
    Edited by dimmanxak on June 5, 2018 7:03PM
    Dmitry
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭

that's ok, No Thank You addon will stay installed and active, problem solved.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure, this solution was suggested several times, but I'll post it once more.
    1) Make advertisment window toggleable in the options menu.
    2) When it turned off a tiny notification about daily reward should appear instead.

And get rid off the timer, which appears on logging off, please.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dimmanxak wrote: »

There is already 2 addons which can block that window.
  • idrankyourbeer
    idrankyourbeer
    ✭✭✭

that's ok, No Thank You addon will stay installed and active, problem solved.

that addon just broke my game after downloading a small patch last night

the only option i enabled was Delete Market Announcements

now when i log in with No, thank you activated, it goes from 100 fps down to 7, plays the mail notification sound once every second, and i can see the notifications icon on the chat window climbing rapidly fast, like over 1500 in just a couple seconds. so its bogging my pc down with what i would assume is error messages, but i cant see them because the game is now a slideshow and its hard to even try to navigate the menu's

of course i disable the addon, and the game works just fine. i went to esoui to see if theres an updated version i should be using but its still the same one.

game and the addon was working fine for me up until yesterday. then an update seemed to have broken that addon specifically for me. i have no idea what to do, other than endure 10 full screen spam windows being shoved down my throat in a 3 minute span every time i go to collect off my hirelings.

i guess i could try deleting the mod folder and putting it back in and activating it. but i dont know. without the addon running, i''m getting spammed to death to the point where i dont even really care to want to play, but now with it activated the game becomes an unplayable slideshow on my end.

cant wait until they bring in those 30 second crown store commercials during every loading screen, and giving some half baked reasoning behind it after enough people get fed up with it and complain.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes. I erroneously believed that the plan to have it display once per account was a priority to go along with the release of daily rewards and I really think it should have been.

No, Thank You addon gave me over 1,500 dings of LUA errors when the daily reward kicked in, until I managed to stop it by signing out, so can't even use that anymore.

I have 15 toons I do crafting writs on. This is going to get on my last nerve like...oh, sometime around last week.

Seriously. Please hurry with the once-per-day thing. I'm totally good with seeing it until I claim the reward but after that it needs to not be in my face on every single damn login.
  • idrankyourbeer
    idrankyourbeer
    ✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

I have No, thank you. it seemed to have borked on me after a recent game update.

what is the other one? i'll look for it. but i wouldnt expect it to work on my pc for much longer either. then again i dont expect ZoS to even give us an ETA on just how long we should expect to have to keep dealing with this crap for, but god forbid they accidentilly put like a house or a mount or another hot item on the crown store for 1 crown, or even just a reasonable price, theyll have that issue fixed within the hour.
  • Smolt
    Smolt
    ✭✭✭
    Even once per day is obnoxious imho. I see enough ads in my life already... it's gross.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have No, thank you. it seemed to have borked on me after a recent game update.

what is the other one? i'll look for it. but i wouldnt expect it to work on my pc for much longer either. then again i dont expect ZoS to even give us an ETA on just how long we should expect to have to keep dealing with this crap for, but god forbid they accidentilly put like a house or a mount or another hot item on the crown store for 1 crown, or even just a reasonable price, theyll have that issue fixed within the hour.

It's HideLoginAnnouncement. I don't know if it's working right now, I'm about to log in the first time after the patch...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's HideLoginAnnouncement. I don't know if it's working right now, I'm about to log in the first time after the patch...

It is working. People who have NoThankYou installed will want to disable it until it can be updated.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add an option to "dismiss for next 12 hours per account" and the add will be spawning once a day. Is it really that hard for a developer who is able to manage so many accounts with activities based on fixed time period?

I sense a bad will in avoiding that in recent patch, a deliberate action to elongate the inevitable while everyone talk about the add, watch it, read. Money is money and the Summerset must be sold now, when it's fresh and people talk about it >:) .
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is working. People who have NoThankYou installed will want to disable it until it can be updated.

It seems that the error is caused by an outdated library in NoThankYou - updating LibNotification seems to solve it.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, please disable in-game advertisements for accounts that have already purchased the virtual products that you, ZOS, are advertising for.

Is this a bug or a feature?! :trollface:

My account/9-characters do not need an advertisement to buy Morrowind, I bought it 1 year ago.
    My account/9-characters do not need an advertisement to buy Summerset, I bought it weeks ago.

A fix/update sooner rather than later would be great!

Thanks.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,900.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I also going to see "next reward unlocks in..." 12 times a day? *sigh*
  • TheInfernalRage
    TheInfernalRage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm always like "Nothing new, pressing Alt". I suggest however that this should be intuitive that if you have all the things it's highlighting, then it will not pop. Or that it only pops if there's actually something very important to announce, like a new kind of crate, new costumes or wardrobe stuffs, new motifs, etc. I know this is something new you devs are trying at, but please make the announcement screen worthy of an announcement screen and not just an ad space being filled with place holder announcements and graphics.

• Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »
    Woke up to a patch and was so hopeful that they did something about it during this patch, but no. Saw it on all eight characters.

This can't have been a surprise, it really can't.

ZOS created this system specifically to advertise to us all*, they will drag their heels for as long as humanly (financially) possible before doing anything about it at all. Even then we may be "lucky" enough to have it show only a few times a day, at its current screen-blocking size, rather than every login.

My new question is, why bother paying for ESO+ when ZOS is going to market to you as if you are F2P anyway?

[* if you don't believe that then I have a bridge to sell you]
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok Zo$, I gotta tell you this...It is more than just annoying to see them every log in, it's costing you Zo$.....
    The old advertisement, once on logging in, was nice for catching things with limited time left, which would remind me, oh!!,, I want that, and I would buy it.
    Now, I have no idea if I want anything or not because I ALT out right away and cringe at thinking of the next 10 log ins of the same thing!

Bottom Line! You are LOSING MONEY! Look at all the post's for the add ons that ignore it, all the people like me that just alt out with out even looking.
    Yes, I have some marketing experience with my career, and this, this is NOT a successful approach to promoting products. You are driving away potential customers expedentionally in mass amounts!
    Personally, I would ask, NAY, I beseech ye!! Stop, or at least slow down with the extreme emphasis on "Crown Store" and on "Limited Time Only" and all the commercial trash fed to us and go back to focusing on "The Game". Fluff is nice, but I feel we are choking on it more and more. Just my 2 drakes....Huzzah!
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on June 6, 2018 5:48AM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP gets a new single thread record of agrees . Congratulations !

Moderator being the Z Name in thread gets new record for disappointment .

Need a ZoS Name to comment on removing this eye soar .
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh we saw it, it's just not a good enough answer. People are really (really) disgusted with the way this was implemented. Vague assurances that you might make it marginally better on some undefined future date don't change that we hate it right now, over and over and over (and over and over), every day. It is the tipping point at which people are less likely to buy things l, not more. And we are right to keep complaining about it until it is changed.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

Gina, can you really tell us with a straight face that a huge, obnoxious ad is the only way to give us our daily rewards?

You went from a minimalist UI to shoving the crown store in our faces in the very first moment after logging into the game. This isn't the Elder Scrolls experience I signed up for. I know why you're doing all of this, but it still breaks my heart to watch it happen - and limiting the ad to show up once a day instead of 12 times a day doesn't really help because that's not the real underlying issue here. I think you know that.

This is worth spotlighting, as it gets to the heart of the problem. It is a business decision more befitting a free mobile app, and not the Elder Scrolls online game we came here for and fall in love with.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry to have to be that girl, but while that may technically be the case it's not the only easy way to check. However, it is the most obnoxious way to push it onto players.

Users of the addon No, Thank you! (which blocks this ad) can safely say that upon logging in to a daily reward you are instantly notified that you have a reward to claim via the Notifications tab. It's clean. It's not in your face, etc. All you need to do then is click the notification icon on chat, or the one up top, then click the check mark on the message, and you'll be taken directly to the list of daily rewards.

There's no need for a giant ad in the slightest, let alone having said giant ad slammed into your face every time you log in to a character (good to see that will be reduced though!). If you want to improve crown store sales, maybe listen to the consumers for a change. Or hell, ask them what they want instead of assuming, or using spyware like Redshell to collect data. It works wonders for the likes of Digital Extremes~

One could even say you should consider taking a page from their book and get the community involved like they do with their game. For example there are some members of the community that work together with DE to create skins/cosmetics which both parties then benefit financially from. The rest of the community also plays a part in voting in said designers and their designs. Everybody wins. And boy do I know of a few great armor/clothing modders from the Skyrim Nexus that would probably leap at the opportunity given the chance.
    Edited by Numerikuu on June 6, 2018 12:07PM
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Numerikuu wrote: »

I'm sorry to have to be that girl, but while that may technically be the case it's not the only easy way to check. However, it is the most obnoxious way to push it onto players.

Users of the addon No, Thank you! (which blocks this ad) can safely say that upon logging in to a daily reward you are instantly notified that you have a reward to claim via the Notifications tab. It's clean. It's not in your face, etc. All you need to do then click the notification icon on chat, or the one up top, then click the check mark on the message, and you'll be taken directly to the list of daily rewards.

There's no need for a giant ad in the slightest, let alone having said giant ad slammed into your face every time you log in to a character (good to see that will be reduced though!). If you want to improve crown store sales, maybe listen to the consumers for a change. Or hell, ask them what they want instead of assuming, or using robots to collect data. It works wonders for the likes of Digital Extremes~

Pushy sales gimmicks always make me not buy just on general principle. I'm amazed that it works on anyone or that some people pulling 6 figure salaries think it does.
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First world problems
  • Kuwhar
    Kuwhar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its most likely temporary as summerset just dropped.

What i dont get is, people will click their mouse and keyboard literally a thousand times per log in, but toss one extra click in there and people go nuts.

I get it, you think its bad taste. But believe it or not, not everyone gets their news from the forums.

When i came back a couple weeks ago, i had no clue Summerset was soon to be released. Guess where i found out?