Please LOSE the Commercial

• TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Don't forget that this window is where you will see your daily login rewards.

I could live with only seeing it once per day.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
    Options
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They want to bring the the daily rewards later on, but WHY DON'T YOU JUST MAIL ME THE DAMN REWARDS WHEN I LOG IN.

Because they wanted an excuse to throw more marketing at you. Daily rewards is that excuse.
    Options
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they just planned to do it up until early release ends I can use the addon, and forgive them. If this is a long term market strategy to always have to deal with recurring pop ups because you are now able to gift items, then I have a major problem with it.
    Options
  • Jerkling
    Jerkling
    ✭✭✭✭
    1sb5c7.jpg
    Options
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I could live with only seeing it once per day.

Once a day would even be fine with me. OR put it on the launcher. Oh wait!! It IS on the launcher. Must we see it so MANY times ZOS? I mean, I already pay for the game and pay for the DLC. And like so many people have commented, IF I ALREADY OWN THE DLC, WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO SELL IT TO ME AGAIN?!!!!

That is like someone standing there with a bottle of water in their hand and someone trying to sell them a bottle of water ...
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Additionally, don't forget that you can see your current daily reward, claim it, and see the future rewards in the Crown Store.

No annoying ad panel required!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Additionally, don't forget that you can see your current daily reward, claim it, and see the future rewards in the Crown Store.

Once a day wouldn't be bad, but if they plan on putting this up EVERY time I swap toons, they are sadly underestimating the annoyance factor here.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »

Once a day wouldn't be bad, but if they plan on putting this up EVERY time I swap toons, they are sadly underestimating the annoyance factor here.

Well, no fix in today's patch notes, so we can continue to assume that it is intended. Maybe they pester us until we collect the daily reward, and there being no daily reward, the system spins out of control.

If so, I feel sorry for the people who aren't interested in the daily rewards. Myself included. I had not planned to collect them daily.

Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    Because they wanted an excuse to throw more marketing at you. Daily rewards is that excuse.

But why? All I see (if I actually look at the window before closing it) is an ad for a DLC that I already have! Hopefully the reason ZOS is looking for a new Monetization Director is because they fired the old one who came up with this ridiculous concept.

If so, I feel sorry for the people who aren't interested in the daily rewards. Myself included. I had not planned to collect them daily.

One of the daily rewards was 50 gold. I'd rather have nothing than be insulted by a gift of 50 gold. Seriously?

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks so much for providing your feedback on the new announcement window. It’s worth mentioning this is only partially populated, and once the Daily Login Rewards is activated next week, this will be a place where you can also easily see which rewards are available to claim in addition to what’s currently being displayed. It will also provide some additional real estate to showcase in-game events when they’re active, and featured Crown Store items so you don’t miss out.

That said, we agree that this window is appearing too frequently and are working on making some adjustments. The plan is to have it only display once per account either when we’ve changed the featured products, or when a daily reward is available for you to claim. This work is in progress and will be implemented in a future incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for providing your feedback on the new announcement window. It’s worth mentioning this is only partially populated, and once the Daily Login Rewards is activated next week, this will be a place where you can also easily see which rewards are available to claim in addition to what’s currently being displayed. It will also provide some additional real estate to showcase in-game events when they’re active, and featured Crown Store items so you don’t miss out.

That said, we agree that this window is appearing too frequently and are working on making some adjustments. The plan is to have it only display once per account either when we’ve changed the featured products, or when a daily reward is available for you to claim. This work is in progress and will be implemented in a future incremental patch.

So that'll be everyday then?

Guess I'll be keeping the addon
    Options
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Gina, you are posting an awful lot while the game is down for emergency maintenance. Does this mean you play ESO while at work!? :D
    Options
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome news, thanks Gina!

Guess I won't have to block them anymore ;)
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
    Options
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

But why? All I see (if I actually look at the window before closing it) is an ad for a DLC that I already have! Hopefully the reason ZOS is looking for a new Monetization Director is because they fired the old one who came up with this ridiculous concept.

One of the daily rewards was 50 gold. I'd rather have nothing than be insulted by a gift of 50 gold. Seriously?

Everyone can send me their 50 gold. If 1,000 people do that each day, I'll have an extra 350k gold each week!
    Edited by DoctorESO on May 29, 2018 8:54PM
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Can we get a Hallelujah? :)
    Options
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Based on how daily rewards were implemented in the PTS, it’s works on a cumulative system per-month. For example, after five days logged on in the month, you’d get a reward, with better rewards (presumably) being available to more frequent players. It’s not actually every day, and I really really hope they make those changes soon.

It’s ridiculous it took this long, but it’s a good change that won’t lead to immediately Alt’ing on login.
    Options
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's some good news!
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
    Options
  • Allypage
    Allypage
    ✭✭
    Please I'm cool with once a day / fresh log on. not every time I change toons. Please limit this
    Options
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Everyone can send me their 50 gold. If 1,000 people do that each day, I'll have an extra 350k gold each week!

It is amazing that some people complain about free stuff.. If DoctorESO is on PC/EU send him stuff I am on PC/NA do the same ( send me your free stuff ). I LOVE free stuff.
    Edited by Easily_Lost on May 29, 2018 9:01PM
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you!

Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to hear there's an adjustment coming. As it is right now I've had to use an addon to just block the feature entirely. I don't mind opening it up every day for a login reward, like on TES Legends, but on every login is just way too much.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I love you so much right now. <3
    Options
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »

Based on how daily rewards were implemented in the PTS, it’s works on a cumulative system per-month. For example, after five days logged on in the month, you’d get a reward, with better rewards (presumably) being available to more frequent players. It’s not actually every day, and I really really hope they make those changes soon.

It’s ridiculous it took this long, but it’s a good change that won’t lead to immediately Alt’ing on login.

I didn't know that, thanks for the info. Once every five days I can probably do.

But aren't the daily rewards shown under the crown store tab anyway?
    Options
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I didn't know that, thanks for the info. Once every five days I can probably do.

Yes they are, but how often do you go to check the crown store if there’s no new stuff in it? They could toss a notification for us to go check the store for our rewards but I know it’s not just me that has an addon to suppress notifications
    Options
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes they are, but how often do you go to check the crown store if there’s no new stuff in it? They could toss a notification for us to go check the store for our rewards but I know it’s not just me that has an addon to suppress notifications

Yeah, I think it's normal to show the daily login rewards when you log in to the game without having to manually activate some other window.
    Options
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Best news yet today. Thank you, Gina! :heart:
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I preferred to smaller add to the side that let you browse at things cuz it wasn't in your face
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • protofeckless
    protofeckless
    ✭✭✭
    Once / Day / Account

</feedback>
    Options
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And future incremental patch means? 1 month? 1 year?

You guys talk like politicians, they never give a clear answer, i know you do your best with the info you have.

just sometimes it is exasperating not to have a clear answer.
    Edited by Chicharron on May 29, 2018 9:21PM
    Options
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajaxduo wrote: »
    It really pulls you out of the game and kinda dimmed my will to play a bit. Not going to lie.

Okay that's just being dramatic. It's a minor annoyance... If anything they should limit it to appear on first login each day.
    Options