Please LOSE the Commercial

• Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for providing your feedback on the new announcement window. It’s worth mentioning this is only partially populated, and once the Daily Login Rewards is activated next week, this will be a place where you can also easily see which rewards are available to claim in addition to what’s currently being displayed. It will also provide some additional real estate to showcase in-game events when they’re active, and featured Crown Store items so you don’t miss out.

That said, we agree that this window is appearing too frequently and are working on making some adjustments. The plan is to have it only display once per account either when we’ve changed the featured products, or when a daily reward is available for you to claim. This work is in progress and will be implemented in a future incremental patch.

thank you so much, @ZOS_GinaBruno. This certainly makes a difference for me and knowing this helps me to be ever so much more patient with the present situation. I'm thrilled that this was taken seriously. I don't mind seeing it once in awhile as I've already mentioned. In fact, that might even be welcome if there is more relevant information as you have indicated.
    Options
  • Lazrael
    Lazrael
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for providing your feedback on the new announcement window. It’s worth mentioning this is only partially populated, and once the Daily Login Rewards is activated next week, this will be a place where you can also easily see which rewards are available to claim in addition to what’s currently being displayed. It will also provide some additional real estate to showcase in-game events when they’re active, and featured Crown Store items so you don’t miss out.

That said, we agree that this window is appearing too frequently and are working on making some adjustments. The plan is to have it only display once per account either when we’ve changed the featured products, or when a daily reward is available for you to claim. This work is in progress and will be implemented in a future incremental patch.

I'll say thanks too. Once per day even isn't such a big deal, but every single login is excessive. It would also be nice if it didn't take up the entire screen.
    Artists and Theives...
    Options
  • Rudal
    Rudal
    ✭✭✭

I hope the patch won't be implemented in EU's prime time when most people want to play the game instead of wasting the time on forums...
    - And is your heart black and full of hate? - Black as midnight, black as pitch, blacker than the foulest witch... -
    Options
  • chayne424b14_ESO
    chayne424b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Why have I never seen this ad? I play almost everyday.
    Options
  • Rudal
    Rudal
    ✭✭✭

Don't tell me you are not greeted with big, black window everytime you log or relog in game?
    - And is your heart black and full of hate? - Black as midnight, black as pitch, blacker than the foulest witch... -
    Options
  • Riverspirit
    Riverspirit
    ✭✭✭
    I tried installing the addon and it introduced errors. I had to uninstall it to get the errors to go away. It should be turned off, or only show it once a day. it doesn't need to pop up every time I log in with every char. This does not compel me to want to go to the crown store. It is actually having the opposite effect.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is currently only on PC. I expect that the every login pop-up will be on console when it launches, since it is probably too close to console launch to fix it..
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

TY @ZOS_GinaBruno for letting us know! Once a day/account or when an update is made to the CS is reasonable.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried installing the addon and it introduced errors. I had to uninstall it to get the errors to go away. It should be turned off, or only show it once a day. it doesn't need to pop up every time I log in with every char. This does not compel me to want to go to the crown store. It is actually having the opposite effect.

Which addon have you tried? The old No Thank you is unsupported and buggy. There is a newer version called No Thank You (continued) and an other called HideLoginAnnouncement. Those aren't buggy and don't throw errors.
    Options
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So soon I will click to get log in rewards and ignore the rest of the over-sized advert.

P.S. @ZOS_GinaBruno Making it so it pops up less often doesn't completely address the issue. The main problem is that it's just too big. The size makes it super annoying. All I want to do is make it go away as fast as possible. Make it smaller and I might look through it like I did with the old one. It's as annoying as those blaring television commercials that you have to mute.
    Edited by Tabbycat on May 29, 2018 11:37PM
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
    Options
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Classic. Company does something big and horrible so when they partially walk it back it looks like they are being reasonable.

Actual take-away points:
    • The window will still be massive.
    • It will still pop-up daily (or more if there is both a daily reward and a change to events/crown-store items).
    • There is no timeline for fixing the current behaviour (a future incremental patch, not the next incremental patch).

Well played, ZOS, your execution of this strategy was faultless.
    Options
  • ManicDee
    ManicDee
    ✭✭
    CCP’s EVE Online has store offers and reward claiming on the character select screen.

Another option that could be less annoying is an NPC in each bank (and available to add to housing) which provides a dialogue to claim rewards during which one store offer is made. The utility of this housing NPC could be repairing items at a slight premium over regular merchants, or at a significant discount after claiming rewards and listening to the latest crown store offer spiel.

So claim rewards, view/hear an offer, get discounted repairs once per day. Give him/her/it a golden repeatable quest flag so we know to go check up with them.

Just don’t make another Stuga.

Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManicDee wrote: »
    CCP’s EVE Online has store offers and reward claiming on the character select screen.

Yeah, but if ZOS did this, all you'd be able to see of your character is their feet. :smile:

The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Thank you for the reply. Please do not let my additional feedback be mistaken for ungratefulness.

Suggestions/requests/comments:
    1. There is definitely an additional delay being caused by the announcement window occurring upon login. Even with reduced frequency, this could cause me to decide not to log in at all. I already have greatly reduced the frequency with which I log in, because it just takes SO LONG (seems to have gotten worse since Dragon Bones). I used to log in every day to feed horses, check auctions, and do writs. I've stopped. The "daily login reward" will not likely motivate me enough to be OK with the additional wait. Make it so that the window doesn't delay login, even with popular add-ons.
    2. The second half of your proposed solution is problematic -- "or when a daily reward is available for you to claim." I am sure I'm not the only one who has rather complicated inventory management and might not want to claim the daily reward (which I'm guessing is per account, not per character?) on the first character that I choose to log in with. That means the window will continue to show for each login until I claim the reward. That will be really annoying if I have to choose login order to avoid saving a reward on a mule or something. It also means the first half of your statement is almost meaningless "when we've changed the featured products" because that literally will only occur in the rare cases when you add new featured products in between times that I log in across a 24 hour period. How often will that really happen? What this actually means is that the window will show once every 24 hours, continuously, for every login, until I claim my reward. And additionally may pop up again before my next daily reward. This is still way, way too frequent for my liking.
    3. Due to the above bullet (the window will show once every 24 hours, at a minimum) will still cause me to miss advertisements I actually want to see. Use the data you have to make a more elegant solution. Only show me new ads the first time you've added new content, and then maybe once again the day a limited offer is expiring. Don't show me the same featured products over and over again, once a day. I will tune them out, as others have said.
    4. The window is too big and too obnoxious. The UI is meant to be background to facilitate "living" in the game world, not the other way around. I've always admired how ESO has artfully introduced UI features, but more and more I feel like I'm being hit with a hammer as opposed to having my game experience be augmented.
    5. It annoys me that if I do click on a featured item in the window, it doesn't take me DIRECTLY to the preview of that individual item. I have to click again to see the outfit, view the pet, etc. I think the old window worked this way, which is actually why I stopped using it, and the issue persists in the new window. If you hook me, HOOK ME. Show me immediately. Free advertising tip. ;)
    6. Agree with others that have said "a future incremental patch" isn't good enough. The way it is right now, it is SO HORRIBLE for switching between alts and whatnot, that it should be a hotfix.
    7. Mods can't fix this for console players; we need a solution that addresses these issues for everyone. An add-on that can block the window entirely isn't really a good solution as there should be a way for us to know about new offers and claim our rewards... it just needs to work better!

I'm the first to admit that I spend tooooo much money on this game. I buy mansions. I buy mounts. I buy crown crates. And I'm an ESO+ subscriber. I didn't have any plans to quit the game any time soon, and I justify what I spend in this game by considering it my "hobby" money. The current implementation (and your proposed, revised implementation) will actually disincentive me from logging in, buying things, or taking the time to pay attention to when new things are added to the Crown Store. It also is going to try my patience, every login, for every character, while it is being "fixed" to the point that logging in may actually equate to annoyance and frustration in my mind, which could actually drive me away to another game. Before that, it will eat away at my game time. I'll avoid switching to my alts to do inventory management or crafting and just log off instead. Talk about a BAD implementation!

I'm not being dramatic... just emphatic. I'm rooting for people to spend money on your game, and am explaining that this will keep me from doing so, and may be the dripping water that drives me away completely if it isn't changed ASAP. For those of you that say people are overreacting... don't underestimate the power a minor annoyance can have as it builds up, day after day. The click that isn't a big deal once or twice can turn into a negative association after tons of occurrences swapping between alts, and the negative association with the game stays after the annoyance is gone. By not fixing this immediately, ZOS is potentially alienating their most dedicated player-base... the ones who have lots of characters and log in between them constantly throughout the day.

My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So that'll be everyday then?

Guess I'll be keeping the addon

Care to share the name of this addon? Thanks in advance.

Nevermind. Found it.
    Edited by Anhedonie on May 30, 2018 10:19AM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    Options
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No Thank You (cont) or
    HideLoginAnnounbcement

For those on PC and dont want to wait on ZOS ( as it could easily be a long as Spell Crafting),

the first does a lot of other QOL ego trip removals too & will hide or redirect notifications, interaction with useless items etc
    the 2nd just loses the Ad.
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    Options
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "No thank you" addon now has a version which removes the advert, just make sure to download the continued version.
    Edited by Saturn on May 30, 2018 10:46AM
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
    Options
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    Because they wanted an excuse to throw more marketing at you. Daily rewards is that excuse.

But why? All I see (if I actually look at the window before closing it) is an ad for a DLC that I already have! Hopefully the reason ZOS is looking for a new Monetization Director is because they fired the old one who came up with this ridiculous concept.

If so, I feel sorry for the people who aren't interested in the daily rewards. Myself included. I had not planned to collect them daily.

One of the daily rewards was 50 gold. I'd rather have nothing than be insulted by a gift of 50 gold. Seriously?

Agreed, they are spamming advertisement at me of something I ALREADY HAVE! Shouldn't there be a flag for this so that such a gross oversite isn't so annoying tot he customer who... you know... PAYS THEIR SALARY?!?
    Options
  • WillS1888
    WillS1888
    ✭✭
    Next dlc add blocker confirmed?
    Options
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww c'mon it's just one click...
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
    Options
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    Chicharron wrote: »

And future incremental patch means? 1 month? 1 year?

You guys talk like politicians, they never give a clear answer, i know you do your best with the info you have.

just sometimes it is exasperating not to have a clear answer.

umm politicians, let's hope they're not that bad lol ;)
    Options
  • Luthid
    Luthid
    ✭✭✭
    I bug reported it, I assumed it was a coding error that I was seeing a huge popup ad on every login, every character.

Now we learn that it was intended. That based on our input they’ll consider changing it. A little. At some point.

Now I’m even more annoyed than when I thought it was a bug.
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    DarkWombat wrote: »
    ZOS_JesC wrote: »
    Greetings, we've removed a few comments that contained personal insults directed at other members. Please remember that baiting comments are not permitted as outlined in our forum rules. Posts need to remain constructive and contribute to the conversation in some way. Thank you for your understanding.

Totally useless, I am sorry it has to be said. You either reply to trivial topics about NPCs you would like to marry and when you post in a a topic that is important it is always when ONE or TWO people act out of line and you IGNORE the other 90% who have good feedback.

Of course they won't comment on it.

There is no reason to have included a large ad with the daily reward pane. So to comment would be to try and defend the indefensible. This would only increase the backlash and prolong the time before the community lapses into apathy.

And that is what they are waiting for, have no doubt, this isn't being commented on because they want everyone to get bored of posting in these threads and let the issue slide until they can pretend that everything is fine and go back to talking about the next monetization scheme.

Unfortunately for them they are about to hit a second round of anger as XBOne and PS4 players jump to play next Tuesday. And while Console players dont have a lot of MMOs to choose from. They definitely have other games they can easily go play other than this.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Please also consider making items that are available for less than 24 hours appear on the front page instead of page 3. That might also make it feel more useful if it's not always the same "front page" to look at -- especially when some other things might be more pressing.

Thanks for hearing us and informing us as to the upcoming changes.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
    Options
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wow, so it's going from every login, on every character, all day every day. to possibly once a day /account or maybe only when there are new rewards or information and you still can be negative and complain....

I myself will say this is really good change. It's good information, but the amount of time was ridiculous.
    Options
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, so it's going from every login, on every character, all day every day. to possibly once a day /account or maybe only when there are new rewards or information and you still can be negative and complain....

I myself will say this is really good change. It's good information, but the amount of time was ridiculous.

The change should be viewed as the difference between what we had pre summerset and what they go to. I'm not sure how the current awfulness is the benchmark, but if we are only looking at where we are this second, then I have the add on. So I have no announcement at all. They need to add something good enough for me to disable it. Scaling back from 8 giant invasive advertisements per day to 1 isn't going to get that done.

I liked the size of the old ad. I'm ready to read it every day. I'm not sure why I would accept going back to 1996 when there were no pop up blockers and any website could fill your screen with whatever they want. It's not a warm friendly greeting to the eso amusement park. It's more like having Lewis Black welcome you. I'm not disabling the add on for that.
    Options
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, it will fixed in time for the console launch then ? Reminds me of the happy year we spent beta testing this game...
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
    Options
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DarkScatha wrote: »
    Aww c'mon it's just one click...

The point is, this click should be made by ZOS, not us.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
    Options
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who's being negative?

I am in fact quite positive about the whole experience. Because of this debacle I and probably hundreds of others would never have found an addon that blocks ads now and in the future. Its a thumbs up from me.
    Options
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    get rid of it
    Options