The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Russian authorities block ESO access for Russian players

• Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    I checked the IP of eso eu server on the agency's site, and it appears to not be blocked. Why we can't connect without vpn, then, is unclear.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Haha! I'm proud to be a American!

You mean the country that just got rid of net neutrality? *** like this can just as easily happen in the US. This is why we need a free and open internet.

Net neutrality is not what you think it is. It doesn't make the net open and neutral. It regulates the net so only certain (approved) companies can sell access to the net.

BS.

Net neutrality is about (shocker) keeping the net neutral. The FCC interpretation of Title II of the Communications Act of 1934 resulted in the Open Internet Order of 2015 (better known as net neutrality), which established a set of rules that ISPs had to follow, including not throttling access, not creating "fast lane" or discriminatory services, and some other rules that already are applied to other telecommunications under the FCC purview. The order also clarified language on the use of broadband, and established new transparency rules for ISPs regarding consumer data.

In short, FCC Title II made it so that ISPs had to abide by the same rules as cable and telephone companies, and set new rules to protect consumers.

FCC OIO 2015 does nothing to license ISPs. At all.

Source: The actual f***ing docket

Edited by AlienatedGoat on April 27, 2018 2:28AM
    PC-NA Goat
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OverDream wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure most people outside Russia don't know about the current situation. All this started with the unwillingness of Pavel Durov (owner of Telegram - one of the most widespread and popular messangers in Russia) to transfer decypher keys to Russian Federal Supervision Agency for Information Technologies and Communications (for the purpose of Russia's MIA being able to read people's Telegram chat to detect and prevent possible terrorist attacks). Russian authorities got mad and declared war to Telegram by blocking all IP addresses that are used by this messenger. The thing is that the messanger is constantly shifting IP adresses and "travels" from one IP to another resulting in the online services of the most popular titans like Google, Amazon and others being blocked on the territory of the Russian Federation.

Now we literally just can't log in to Steam - its servers are unavailable; to PlayStation servers that are unavailable too. Now listen: in addition to ESO oficial website, we also can't log in now to YouTube, Amazon, Ikea, IMDB.com, and others! I can write this post on the forum, because surprisingly it is operatable now and works with lags, but works...

ESO can'be accessed too - when I'm trying to run launcher, its says "Unable to reach patch manifest." What to do??

How is it possile to play now? If not running launcher and try to log in to the game by clicking on eso64.exe, the game runs before the password screen where when entering valid ID and password, nothing happens, the game throws an "Error 200" message...

Russian players just want to log in to the game, is it possible or how then we can manage the situation with unavailable game now?

This is very strange, maybe a coincidence, but a russian member of my guild donated 2 million to the guild yesterday, for no reason. Just other than he said he is not greedy and has made 4mil over the event.
    maybe this is why.

As for playing, use a proxy, simple!
    Use an EU or American one. As for general internetting use a proxy, or even better TOR.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭

You should work on that. Maybe find something more substantial to be proud of.
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on April 27, 2018 3:03AM
  • PlautisCarvain
    PlautisCarvain
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m sorry for you, I really hope you guys will find a way to fix it! Good luck...
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    For some reason I found OP post a little comedic knowing Putin was probably involved.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Contact your over reacting government and complain.

This is NOT advisable, LOL!
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure most people outside Russia don't know about the current situation. All this started with the unwillingness of Pavel Durov (owner of Telegram - one of the most widespread and popular messangers in Russia) to transfer decypher keys to Russian Federal Supervision Agency for Information Technologies and Communications (for the purpose of Russia's MIA being able to read people's Telegram chat to detect and prevent possible terrorist attacks). Russian authorities got mad and declared war to Telegram by blocking all IP addresses that are used by this messenger. The thing is that the messanger is constantly shifting IP adresses and "travels" from one IP to another resulting in the online services of the most popular titans like Google, Amazon and others being blocked on the territory of the Russian Federation.

Now we literally just can't log in to Steam - its servers are unavailable; to PlayStation servers that are unavailable too. Now listen: in addition to ESO oficial website, we also can't log in now to YouTube, Amazon, Ikea, IMDB.com, and others! I can write this post on the forum, because surprisingly it is operatable now and works with lags, but works...

ESO can'be accessed too - when I'm trying to run launcher, its says "Unable to reach patch manifest." What to do??

How is it possile to play now? If not running launcher and try to log in to the game by clicking on eso64.exe, the game runs before the password screen where when entering valid ID and password, nothing happens, the game throws an "Error 200" message...

Russian players just want to log in to the game, is it possible or how then we can manage the situation with unavailable game now?

How important is the game to you? Would you be willing to move to another country? :D
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »

You mean the country that just got rid of net neutrality? *** like this can just as easily happen in the US. This is why we need a free and open internet.

Net neutrality is not what you think it is. It doesn't make the net open and neutral. It regulates the net so only certain (approved) companies can sell access to the net.

BS.

Net neutrality is about (shocker) keeping the net neutral. The FCC interpretation of Title II of the Communications Act of 1934 resulted in the Open Internet Order of 2015 (better known as net neutrality), which established a set of rules that ISPs had to follow, including not throttling access, not creating "fast lane" or discriminatory services, and some other rules that already are applied to other telecommunications under the FCC purview. The order also clarified language on the use of broadband, and established new transparency rules for ISPs regarding consumer data.

In short, FCC Title II made it so that ISPs had to abide by the same rules as cable and telephone companies, and set new rules to protect consumers.

Net neutrality is not open and fair practice it is trying to disguise itself as. It adds many regulation that allow the government to pick and choose what it considers fair.

• TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Now you miss Napoleon. I told you.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And VPNs can work only for sites, not for the game access.

incorrect. i use a vpn that runs from the system tray. EVERYTHING runs through it, ESO included.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instances like this remind me how great it is to live in america.
    giphy.gif

Aznox wrote: »
    Funny to see Censored Russians getting mocked by soon-without-net-neutrality Americans :D
    Exactly - and once again thanks for handing my ass to me in duels last night. ;)

JWKe wrote: »
    For some reason I found OP post a little comedic knowing Putin was probably involved.
    And should everyone then laugh every time a stupid decision is made in the US government and argue that Drumpf is involved?
    These men are just heads of state - they only have 24 hours in the day like the rest of us and can only involve themselves in so many things.

This whole Russia-bashing phenomenon is completely infantile and very unenlightened.
    Edited by Zinaroth on April 27, 2018 7:20AM
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And you don't see a problem with this? I'm not going to start some conspiracy theories here but think really really damn hard about it.
    Edited by Nyladreas on April 27, 2018 7:13AM
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stop this bs nonsense, братец, ок? ESO, Steam, all messengers (xcept that telegram), social networks, google etc... works fine.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BS.

Net neutrality is not open and fair practice it is trying to disguise itself as. It adds many regulation that allow the government to pick and choose what it considers fair.

Holy guacamole.

I think we found one, guys.
    It is a rare opposer of net neutrality in the wild!
    Observe how the specimen defends the repeal by presenting opinion as fact, ignoring that they themselves will be also be negatively impacted by the fact that its now allowed to throttle internet access for cheaper subscriptions, for instance.

Very interesting indeed!
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BS.

No, not even close. Did you even read the docket? Honestly, don't bother to post again if you can't substantiate your ludicrous claims.
    PC-NA Goat
  • VyersReaver
    VyersReaver
    ✭✭
    Contact your over reacting government and complain.

Does that ever work in your country? If so, Russia is not the country that has that. But I doubt it does, Ajit Pai says hello.
    Edited by VyersReaver on April 27, 2018 7:52AM
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭

BS.

No, not even close. Did you even read the docket? Honestly, don't bother to post again if you can't substantiate your ludicrous claims.

my my look at the big words he must be onto something.

If you're buyign the reddit hype about "NN" then you're as delusional as the rest of the lot in that circle jerk.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BS.

This is US legislation. The internet also exists outside of the US.
    Quoting. US law in response to a Russian issue makes no real sense.
    Your right to make the comment only real exists in the US also. Thanks anyway.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh mommy! I feel for you man! Russia was on the path to become a modern western society but I guess freedom isn't always free. I'm glad to live in Ireland where the government gives us a total freedom of speech and expression.

Fingers crossed for all Russians the situation changes for the better very soon! ESO wouldn't be same without our eastern friends!

And before moderator closes the thread on a basis of real political discussion, please don't! This thread might help a lot of other Russian players right now that have no idea what on earth is going on with their internet!
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Heka Cain
    Heka Cain
    ✭✭✭
    All Russian gamers will now be incited to take a physical role in WW III...Nice one Putin...
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, Telegram is the new samizdat?

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. :(
    PC EU
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny, i hope the OP doesn't really believe this telegram ban has anything to do with fighting terrorism.

Anyway, funny to see how Americans are criticizing the russian restrictions.

I mean:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqONIPwidQw

Of course you can keep doing all you did before, you just pay more :trollface:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92vuuZt7wak

Enjoy ;)
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭

You sound like a snowflake and very dramatic too. It won't. I live in the greatest country in the world :)
    Edited by Abysswarrior45 on April 27, 2018 8:34AM
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Courage to our Russian gamer friends and patience, it's probably only temporary I hope !

PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You sound like a snowflake and very dramatic too. It won't. I live in the greatest country in the world :)

giphy.gif

Sweeping serious political issues under the rug of nationalism is always a good idea. Russia got to where it is because people didn't have a voice. By ignoring problems in a democracy, you're effectively silencing yourself.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 27, 2018 8:50AM
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    Funny to see Censored Russians getting mocked by soon-without-net-neutrality Americans :D

Inb4 threads "My internet provider is charging me for Online Gaming optimization, if i don't pay $10/month i get 200 more ping !"

Just joking eh ! o:)
    Europe !! :p

It will never happen, a lot of other countries don't have it, and they don't have any problem...
    IX61eZj.png

mocap wrote: »
    stop this bs nonsense, братец, ок? ESO, Steam, all messengers (xcept that telegram), social networks, google etc... works fine.

Russian Intelligence agent detected!
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • OverDream
    OverDream
    ✭✭✭

this is no joke man, yesterday almost all services were unoperatble for a considerable amount of time, and it wasn't just all my problem, people in different ESO VKontakte social publics wrote on the same issue too. now, praise Vivek, launcher and the game are fine, but yesterday's out-of-service instance was literally crazy

image.jpg
    Edited by OverDream on April 27, 2018 9:22AM
  • VyersReaver
    VyersReaver
    ✭✭

this is no joke man, yesterday almost all services were unoperatble for a considerable amount of time, and it wasn't just all my problem, people in different ESO VKontakte social publics wrote on the same issue too. now, praise Vivek, launcher and the game are fine, but yesterday's out-of-service instance was literally crazy

image.jpg

I'll check later, but that's probably an issue on your end. Yesterday, Moscow, everything worked fine.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You get what you vote for.

Right up until they have enough power to decide to bump off their rivals and rig the voting...
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
This discussion has been closed.