Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – June 26, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

To people who enjoy speedrunning...

  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kalgert wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Kalgert wrote: »
    Gaggin wrote: »
    Complaining about people playing the game well? I bet you never even thank people for the carry.

    I have no words to express how stupid this sounds.

    And I have no words to express how stupid it is to waste time pulling one trash group at a time in a normal dungeon when you have a damage dealer in the group who can do 30k+ DPS.

    And I have no words to express how insulting it is to players who are relatively fresh to the game, to have a bunch of max level characters rush forward and then act passive-aggressive when they are asked to come back.

    We can keep going like this.

    Really? When I was new I was begging to be grouped with experienced players so I could actually complete the activity. I can't even imagine the amount of self-centeredness it takes for someone to make the assumption that experienced players are the ones that need to slow down rather than the inexperienced player learning and keeping up.

    Ditto. When I first returned to ESO two years ago, I looked at the then-CP capped players who were dishing out all kinds of DPS thought “whoa, there’s something to aspire to!” Grouping with good players was always a joy, because I actually got to finish the dungeon in a reasonable amount of time. I didn’t get an immediate inferiority complex when I realized my own efforts paled in comparison; I looked at them melting trash like butter and thought “if they can do that, maybe I can do that too, in time.” I also did not immediately assume that they were dishing out good DPS merely to show off. I, y’know, recognized that they were excelling at dealing damage. I got frustrated initially when I was trying to learn how to tank and encountered speed runners, and then realized that it was foolish of me to try to learn how to tank in content that does not require a tank. I learned how to tank in easy to moderately difficult vet dungeons, which is the best way to do it.
  • Azuramoonstar
    Azuramoonstar
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    If you don't like speed runners, then make your own group. It's that simple.

    Good luck finding 3 other players who want to run a dungeon slowly though.

    idm running dungeons slowly. :)

    I try to do what the groups wants in every mmo i play, but i'm at my best if I'm not rushed.

    You may be surprised that not everyone likes to speed run dungeons. "duty finder" is not the majority of the playerbase, neither is the forums.

    A lot of ppl play others with in there guilds, or close friends.

    Test of your point still stands.
    Lots of runs people look everywhere, I assume they have sack and chest locations preloaded.
    Other probably hope for blueprints and stuff and yes they drop in group dungeons pretty often.
    Still its not something you do unless some has to take an break or some do quest.
    And you do quest in normal dungeons at least if low CP, else is indicate you have not done dungeon before.

    You can always drop the quest, I had to do it three times in Scalecaller Peak as i always ended up on the plague guy with loads of health and I wanted the story, then an guild run who took our time, then dropped it again on sorcerer before getting an group from start.
    Again you will do the dungeons a lot of times :)

    i think you don't get the context of my post from what i was quoting. the guy final remark was "good luck getting people" as if to say ppl only speed run content. I'm just pointing out that is not true, and i am an example.

    idm speed running content or going slow. I have a preference but i'm more then willing to be a team players :)
    Long time mmo player: 2004-[current year]
    Long time Elder scrolls player: Xbox launch morrowind.
    Follower of the dawn and dusk, keeper of the moon and star.
  • Azuramoonstar
    Azuramoonstar
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    xDekar wrote: »
    The way I see it is as follows:
    If you don't like speedrunning but you adjust to the speedrunner...at least the dungeon is over fast and you can queue again.
    If you hate going slow but you adjust to the slow players...you're @*#(&;* and you may not have time to queue again.

    So really if you want to be considered a nice person who follows "for the benefit of the community" etiquette...speedrunners take priority if they happen chance to be in your group imo.
    This, drop quest, you get an fast an easy run you will do it again. On the other hand guiding noobs trough harder dungeons can be rewarding to, it was also an nice way to learn healing.
    Its something who mostly went away with increased level requirements for normal dungeons.
    On the other hand it was an overall improvement.

    people who speed run typically only have 2-3 hours to play an MMO. If they didn't feel the need to go fast they wouldn't god fast. It is logic.
    Long time mmo player: 2004-[current year]
    Long time Elder scrolls player: Xbox launch morrowind.
    Follower of the dawn and dusk, keeper of the moon and star.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people express their intent at the beginning of the dungeon (i need the quest, lets do this quick and skip trash) there isnt an issue. Both sides of the coin are wrong here if you spend more time complaining than having fun.
    Edited by D0PAMINE on April 23, 2018 11:29PM
    I produce Hardstyle, Hard Dance and Trance.
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't like speed runners, then make your own group. It's that simple.

    Good luck finding 3 other players who want to run a dungeon slowly though.

    And the opposite is true is well.


    If you don't like people who want to complete the quests, then make your own group. It's that simple.



    No one's rights are any more or less valid than the others yet they insist otherwise.





    Edited by Aesthier on April 24, 2018 7:12AM
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone explain then.... when someone bolts past all the mobs on their way to wherever, why do they not keep aggro.. instead all the mobs go backwards toward the other party members (i.e. The healer?!).
    For me this is the problem, it's "skippers" not "speed-runners" ... Let's say if u are awesome enough to deal with all the trash then go nuts... otherwise don't bring your clusterfark down on everyone else!! Okay all you Leeeeroys
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kalgert wrote: »
    Get your own group together, if you want to skip most of the dungeon, while being rude enough to leave other people in the dust.

    Lately I've been encountering more and more groups that has that one or two players who just rush ahead of everyone (Even the tank, because let's be honest, normal dungeons are that wee-easy), and then have the nerve to have a passive-aggressive attitude towards anyone who tells them "'Oy, stop running ahead of the rest of the group"

    One occurence had people literary running past everything. Past mobs and kept running even when they aggroed them. It made me start asking myself why even bother being in the dungeon, if everyone's just gonna run ahead of everything. One run left me somewhat amused, just for how *** up it was, in seeing one tank being so eager to speedrun, that he was shouting frantic nonsense like "wtf why can't I go forward???" because he couldn't get to the last boss in Elden Hollow 1.

    What's funny is that these rushers are all around the 600 to 720 in CP, which I understand, you're all high level players and you have people follow you and fawn over you and your high CP level. Well, let me just say I'm not feeling prepared to roll around over you just because of your high CP, and if I am a tank, it would be in your best interest to follow Me

    Oh well. I can always let these people be stuck in a snag and have them wait for a tank to bail them through a tough encounter, while I can leave and find a new group in a matter of moments.

    But tell me, ladies and gentlemen. How can I deal with this little dillema?

    Agree with you whole heartedly. If they want to run through the dungeon 1000 times, that is on them, they should not force everyone else to deal with their nonsense as well. Get a group together, so we can actually enjoy the dungeons. I got insulted yesterday when asking the healer to heal. Seriously. If you are that antisocial, then do it alone, or get other antisocial ppl together.
    Live.Love.Learn.

    "I would rather regret the things that I have done, than regret the things I have not done."
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    If people express their intent at the beginning of the dungeon (i need the quest, lets do this quick and skip trash) there isnt an issue. Both sides of the coin are wrong here if you spend more time complaining than having fun.
    This would alleviate 90% of the issue.

    When I go in as a tank, I survey the group makeup (any low levels, etc?) Then I'll ask things like "Side boss? Skip? Full Clear?" depending on the group I see.

    People can request to listen to a questgiver dialogue. People can announce they have the quest, are unfamiliar, etc, would like a particular boss.

    The simple fact of the matter is, if it is your intent to run the dungeon a certain way (whatever that way may be) if you're using RDF to try to do it that way, odds are, you're gonna be wrong.

    If you have specific requirements, either way, make a like minded group and queue away.

    It's called Random Dungeon Finder for more reasons than the just the dungeon it happens to pick.

    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

    Earn it.

    IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ozstryker wrote: »
    Someone explain then.... when someone bolts past all the mobs on their way to wherever, why do they not keep aggro.. instead all the mobs go backwards toward the other party members (i.e. The healer?!).
    For me this is the problem, it's "skippers" not "speed-runners" ... Let's say if u are awesome enough to deal with all the trash then go nuts... otherwise don't bring your clusterfark down on everyone else!! Okay all you Leeeeroys

    I'm guessing that losing aggro is part of MMO silliness. Mobs won't leave a certain very small area. Better than the alternative though than the pied piper leading all mobs in a zone to some remote corner, leaving nothing for anyone to kill and blocking progress for many quests.
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    If people express their intent at the beginning of the dungeon (i need the quest, lets do this quick and skip trash) there isnt an issue. Both sides of the coin are wrong here if you spend more time complaining than having fun.

    But, the only people complaining here are those that wish to go slower lol. It's not two-sided. And yes one should express their intent at the beginning of the dungeon if they want to go slower, but shouldn't have unrealistic expectations that a group of 100% random players who have their own schedules will always cater to them. That's why people are telling them to form their own groups if they want a guarantee.
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My point of view is this, If you want to speed run then maybe go to a zone and advertise it, I'm sure there are a few players out there would love to have a speed run.

    However, If you are in my dungeon or trial and you have to speed run then there is a good chance you will die alone until the group catches up to you.

    I respect other peoples time but they also need to have a little respect for other players as well.

    If you want a friend, get a dog.

  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Ozstryker wrote: »
    Someone explain then.... when someone bolts past all the mobs on their way to wherever, why do they not keep aggro.. instead all the mobs go backwards toward the other party members (i.e. The healer?!).
    For me this is the problem, it's "skippers" not "speed-runners" ... Let's say if u are awesome enough to deal with all the trash then go nuts... otherwise don't bring your clusterfark down on everyone else!! Okay all you Leeeeroys

    I'm guessing that losing aggro is part of MMO silliness. Mobs won't leave a certain very small area. Better than the alternative though than the pied piper leading all mobs in a zone to some remote corner, leaving nothing for anyone to kill and blocking progress for many quests.

    its not just the loss of aggro. its shift of aggro. in general when gathering mobs for AoE, you cannot just engage one mob and expect the rest of them come for you, you have to hit them in order to have aggro priority. otherwise, they just either pick a random group member to go after, or whoever committed some sort of combat action.. which more often then not ends up being a healer.

    so "speedrunners" that just run through, don't fully aggro all things, those things go back after the rest of the group and in case of newer lower level characters - we cannot handle the kind of damage higher level character can. so we have to stop and heal/kill. or die to increasing amounts of hurt that goes after us, not the happy go lucky "I sprint past everything"

    there are speed runners that do run through with AoE, so mobs actualy DO stay on them and they end up AoEing several groups at ones. the ones that do that AND wait for you to do the quest? are fine. like.. yeah, I'd like some actual practice gathering mobs on my tank, but at least in their quest of speeding through they ARE in fact making the trash clearing etc faster.

    and then there are people whom you tell in the beginning of the dungeon - I have quest. and even if the entire group BUT them has quest - do they wait? no. no one but their "get it over with" attitude matters

    and speaking of getting over with it attitude. has it occurred to you that not everyone shares it? that there are those of us with limited time to play as well but we actualy... enjoy the process of running a dungeon? that we are not trying to run it to get it over with, but becasue THIS is what we want to do in a first place? so yeah, when you sprint past and don't let us actualy enjoy the process? you just wasted out time becasue we didn't get to enjoy the content we signed up for and instead wasted 5-10-whatever minutes on someone who doesn't really want to be there and tells us to leave if we don't like it, forgetting that debuff for leaving a group is ALSO a waste of OUR limited time.
    Edited by Linaleah on April 24, 2018 2:37PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"

    My housing obsession youtube channel
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭
    Twice I've been voted kick by my group because they did not like me speed running through the dungeon even though I was doing 95% of the work. Their reasoning was this: "We want to enjoy the dungeon, so go speed run somewhere else." This is the kind of behavior that I despise in pug queue. Getting kicked out while you're giving them a free run is kind of annoying.
    Edited by StaticWave on April 24, 2018 2:26PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

    Most played characters:
    Static Wave - AD Stamblade
    Divino - AD stamsorc

    Guild:
    Known Sh'tters
    __________________________________________________SMALL SCALER__________________________________________________
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This problem won't solve itself, and there is always a new thread about it in every month. The easiest solution would be splitting up the Dungeon Finder: a queue for speedruns, and an other one for slower teams and questing. Until it's done my solution is a bad one: I simply ignore dungeons completely. I miss the lore and the skill points, but I really don't need jerks trying to berate me because I don't want to run through everything.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kalgert wrote: »
    Gaggin wrote: »
    Kalgert wrote: »
    Give it time OP and you will become one of these speed runners you hate. It has nothing to do with our high CP, wanting to show off or have people admire us. It's simply we have ran these dungeons 1000+ times and dont want to be in it any longer than we must.

    Let them know if you're on a quest, most will be kind enough to wait between bosses. Trash pulls don't matter.

    Get used to it though. I'm not gonna slow down because someone else wants to take their time doing a 10 minute dungeon and turn it into a 30 minute dungeon.

    I've done dungeons many times in multiple MMO's.

    I still take my time running them.

    What do you say to that?

    Hey I get it, you're not a strong player, it's okay but when you randomly get grouped with competent players don't take it out on them.

    You are a troll, no question about it. But I will indulge this childish little fantasy.

    A player who rushes forward with all disregard for other players' speed, is not a good player.

    A good player is someone who can do mechanics properly.

    A good player is someone who helps others survive.

    A good player is someone who stays together with his group.

    But hey, you're free to believe whatever you wish. Just please understand that your belief is... Well, wrong, to put it simply.

    That only applies to hard content. Why would you slow yourself down in easy normal content just to abide those definitions?
    Platform:
    PC NA

    Most played characters:
    Static Wave - AD Stamblade
    Divino - AD stamsorc

    Guild:
    Known Sh'tters
    __________________________________________________SMALL SCALER__________________________________________________
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Twice I've been voted kick by my group because they did not like me speed running through the dungeon even though I was doing 95% of the work. Their reasoning was this: "We want to enjoy the dungeon, so go speed run somewhere else." This is the kind of behavior that I despise in pug queue. Getting kicked out while you're giving them a free run is kind of annoying.

    Many people are playing games to experience the game, not for free runs. You get kicked because you are a single person making the dungeon suck for 3 people. Nothing to get upset about. They didn't want to skip content.

    Personally, I like when I end up in a dungeon with someone like you. But I am just 1 of 4. I would not vote to kick you. I would follow you and the collect my XP. But you are not a victim in your example.

    Except I wasnt skipping content, I was pulling mobs to aoe them down.
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Twice I've been voted kick by my group because they did not like me speed running through the dungeon even though I was doing 95% of the work. Their reasoning was this: "We want to enjoy the dungeon, so go speed run somewhere else." This is the kind of behavior that I despise in pug queue. Getting kicked out while you're giving them a free run is kind of annoying.

    If you really like to speed run, take me through Veteran Bloodroot Forge and do 95% of the work. I will get 2 more players and we won't complain.

    People don't really speed run in hard vet dungeons so idk why you even bother mentioning it. How about you do it yourself?
    Platform:
    PC NA

    Most played characters:
    Static Wave - AD Stamblade
    Divino - AD stamsorc

    Guild:
    Known Sh'tters
    __________________________________________________SMALL SCALER__________________________________________________
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    Phage wrote: »
    Kalgert wrote: »
    What's funny is that these rushers are all around the 600 to 720 in CP, which I understand, you're all high level players and you have people follow you and fawn over you and your high CP level. Well, let me just say I'm not feeling prepared to roll around over you just because of your high CP, and if I am a tank, it would be in your best interest to follow Me

    Do the same dungeon hundreds of times and come back to talk.

    I'm not slowing down to do a normal dungeon that I can solo faster. I'm there for the random dungeon xp. So if you drag your feet, I'm going on ahead. Some of us run xp pots/scrolls and aren't wasting it waiting on you.

    Why not find 3 other speed runners in zone and the 4 of you queue up as a group for the random dungeon ?

    Because it takes time and you can't always find them in zone?
    Platform:
    PC NA

    Most played characters:
    Static Wave - AD Stamblade
    Divino - AD stamsorc

    Guild:
    Known Sh'tters
    __________________________________________________SMALL SCALER__________________________________________________
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    People don't really speed run in hard vet dungeons so idk why you even bother mentioning it. How about you do it yourself?

    Hmmm you must be doing it wrong, do you not pass trash in vet dungeons?

    If you want a friend, get a dog.

  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    People don't really speed run in hard vet dungeons so idk why you even bother mentioning it. How about you do it yourself?

    Hmmm you must be doing it wrong, do you not pass trash in vet dungeons?

    I only pass trash when they can be passed, like vet Blackheart Haven where you can skip the trash mobs at the start, or the harpies at the 2nd boss. Otherwise if I play as a tank, I will pull all of those mobs together so the dps can aoe them down. But even in vet queues you get cp 100s and 200s that have no dps, so speed running isnt really an option.
    Platform:
    PC NA

    Most played characters:
    Static Wave - AD Stamblade
    Divino - AD stamsorc

    Guild:
    Known Sh'tters
    __________________________________________________SMALL SCALER__________________________________________________
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    Phage wrote: »
    Kalgert wrote: »
    What's funny is that these rushers are all around the 600 to 720 in CP, which I understand, you're all high level players and you have people follow you and fawn over you and your high CP level. Well, let me just say I'm not feeling prepared to roll around over you just because of your high CP, and if I am a tank, it would be in your best interest to follow Me

    Do the same dungeon hundreds of times and come back to talk.

    I'm not slowing down to do a normal dungeon that I can solo faster. I'm there for the random dungeon xp. So if you drag your feet, I'm going on ahead. Some of us run xp pots/scrolls and aren't wasting it waiting on you.

    Why not find 3 other speed runners in zone and the 4 of you queue up as a group for the random dungeon ?

    Because it takes time and you can't always find them in zone?

    Not intending to go all "Back in my day; Get off my lawn" But you can find a group for anything in zone - Dungeon Finder wasn't always a thing.

    Hell, I remember when you actually had to physically walk in the dungeons' front door, or you'd wait out front in effort to gather a group together.

    People simply don't go that route anymore, mostly because RDF, but even if you do, all you're guaranteed from zone chat is intent, not necessarily capability.

    It's just the 'manual' version of RDF, basically...still no guarantees (and possibly worse odds.)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

    Earn it.

    IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually try to do my role as good as I can, which means I will try to maximize my damage output and grouping up some mobs. I do however wait for other players if I reach the boss before they do, and I always let the tank take the first shot at the boss. If someone wants to do the quest, I expect they will say so at the beginning of the dungeon. And at the end of the dungeon, I usually ask if everyone is done with their run and with their quest, so that the instance wont reset. If someone wants to do a sideboss, I think they should say so.

    So, does doing my role as good as I can make me a bad person and bad guy who speedruns and undermines other people's random normal experience? I really do not know if my behaviour is bad or not, because I have tought this is the proper behavior to make the run enjoyable to every member of the party.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can't play a video game without trying to force others to play your way, then seek help. o:)

    So trying to force other to play slow is not forcing them to do things "your way" - interesting way of looking at things.

    It´s bad when you want me to change my behavior but if i demand the same of you that´s good because naturally the way i handle things is superior.

    :wink: @Jolipinator
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

    Derra - DC - Sorc - Grand Overlord - Spotless Dro-m'Athra Destroyer pre one Tamriel
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - Grand Overlord
    ... - DC - NB

  • MarleyRain
    MarleyRain
    ✭✭✭
    I've been following this thread for a few days because I am also someone who doesn't like people who take off and leave the group in the dust performing their one man show. Skipping mobs, not killing them, and generally being an idiot. It seems to me the majority of people in this thread agree and don't like being grouped with someone like this. It's a much more smooth experience when everyone does their part and works as a team. It's never fun sprinting after someone the entire dungeon so you can hopefully get a hit on the boss.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can solo most dungeons on vet by myself so a lot of good players don't even need you there and will simply move along with the dungeon. Consider that before you complain for you might be getting carried and should enjoy not having to do much, or try and help by gathering the mobs up. Now if these players keep trying over and over then by all means complain
    Edited by NyassaV on April 24, 2018 5:19PM
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Alliance Warlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA
    ESOFam Community Discord: https://discord.gg/gMntMb8
    I record things for fun and for info
    https://youtube.com/channel/UC0WuLVnsW177WKkKcvNuuYA
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    I find speedrunners incredibly annoying. Frankly, >1hr dungeon runs means nothing when I follow a work schedule that basically grants me 14 to 16 off days every month. I am one of those gamers who are in for the long haul the moment they turn on the computer.

    Regardless whether it's the 1st or 100th run, I always prefer taking it slow. Even reading or listening to quest dialogues for the umpteenth time doesn't diminish the experience. Tbh, I find it so frustrating whenever PUGs type "skip" in chat.
    Edited by munster1404 on April 24, 2018 7:38PM
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I just run normals I can solo and you can join me for the ride.

    Usually no one complains when Blasting through at a fervent pace.

    Vet dungeons may be a little different. You can easily ad minutes killing all the ads or skip them, even a deliberate wipe.

    Doesn’t everyone skip the ads? Why fight all that tanky garbage if you don’t have to. It’s just a time sink.

    Some you run through to pull all the ads to choke points then burn em down.


    I just had a guy roll out because he wanted to kill everything in falkreath while we all rushed ahead. I don’t get it. There’s enough garbage in there you have to fight. I’m all about skipping what you can and shorten up the run.

    Not forgetting the Stam DPS who sprints ahead, leaving the poor magicka guy struggling to catch up when his/her stamina runs out.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    Phage wrote: »
    Kalgert wrote: »
    What's funny is that these rushers are all around the 600 to 720 in CP, which I understand, you're all high level players and you have people follow you and fawn over you and your high CP level. Well, let me just say I'm not feeling prepared to roll around over you just because of your high CP, and if I am a tank, it would be in your best interest to follow Me

    Do the same dungeon hundreds of times and come back to talk.

    I'm not slowing down to do a normal dungeon that I can solo faster. I'm there for the random dungeon xp. So if you drag your feet, I'm going on ahead. Some of us run xp pots/scrolls and aren't wasting it waiting on you.

    Why not find 3 other speed runners in zone and the 4 of you queue up as a group for the random dungeon ?

    Because it takes time and you can't always find them in zone?

    Just like it's not that easy to find a group for a slow clear to finish the quests, especially for a new player.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find speedrunners incredibly annoying. Frankly, >1hr dungeon runs means nothing when I follow a work schedule that basically grants me 14 to 16 off days every month. I am one of those gamers who are in for the long haul the moment they turn on the computer.

    Regardless whether it's the 1st or 100th run, I always prefer taking it slow. Even reading or listening to quest dialogues for the umpteenth time doesn't diminish the experience. Tbh, I find it so frustrating whenever PUGs type "skip" in chat.

    @munster1404 So you're one of the very few people who has a blessedly lax work schedule and can afford to throw away thousands of collective hours of time achieving nothing when you could be achieving something. What is your point?
    Edited by Dapper Dinosaur on April 24, 2018 10:03PM
    Xbox One: Dapper DLnosaur. All dungeon challenges except Bloodroot (not worth it for a mask) and Fang Lair cleared. Healer main, good tank (earned necro skin), average DPS.
Sign In or Register to comment.