Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

To people who enjoy speedrunning...

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalgert wrote: »
    Gaggin wrote: »
    Complaining about people playing the game well? I bet you never even thank people for the carry.

I have no words to express how stupid this sounds.

And I have no words to express how stupid it is to waste time pulling one trash group at a time in a normal dungeon when you have a damage dealer in the group who can do 30k+ DPS.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I write this post ? because this is EXACTLY the kind of stuff I've been fuming about lately. It matches WORD. FOR. WORD.
    "Hey I have the quest, guys, I'm reading the dialogue, mind waiting ?"
    "Reading the dialogue ? urgh, you make me want to puke."

Wow, what a pleasant exchange ! What a fantastic community !
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Complaining about people playing the game well? I bet you never even thank people for the carry.

And I have no words to express how stupid it is to waste time pulling one trash group at a time in a normal dungeon when you have a damage dealer in the group who can do 30k+ DPS.

And I have no words to express how insulting it is to players who are relatively fresh to the game, to have a bunch of max level characters rush forward and then act passive-aggressive when they are asked to come back.

We can keep going like this.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    Did I write this post ? because this is EXACTLY the kind of stuff I've been fuming about lately. It matches WORD. FOR. WORD.

Time is a precious commodity, esp. when you have multiple alts who need to do pledges. I’m not going to spend half an hour to do a dungeon so that you can read quest dialogue that is available on various wikis. If you want to read the quest dialogue, solo it on normal or group with people who also want to read the dialogue. Most people who run dungeons in this game do not read the dungeon quest dialogue.
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And I have no words to express how insulting it is to players who are relatively fresh to the game, to have a bunch of max level characters rush forward and then act passive-aggressive when they are asked to come back.

We can keep going like this.

Then those new players are capable of saying to the rest of the group, "Hey, I'm doing the quest etc, please wait for me." Some groups may listen, some may not, but that's just the nature of running with completely random people. If you want to be certain of getting a group to run your way, then make your own group or join a likeminded guild or whatnot.

As I said before, I'm sure there are others who also would prefer to run dungeons at a slower pace. Go find them and run with them. But don't get upset when you don't get your way when the majority of a random group wants to do things differently to you... and only you.
    Edited by Guarlet on April 22, 2018 5:32PM
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
  • Shezzarrine
    Shezzarrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can complete dungeons on your own, then play on your own. :)

If you are in a rush because of real world events, then exit the game. ;)

If you can't play a video game without trying to force others to play your way, then seek help. o:)

>Tries to tell others how to play because they don't like it
    >Says for people who want others to play how they want them to to seek help
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not significantly slowing anyone down to pause 5 or 10 seconds ahead of a pull or fight to let everyone collect and stage for the fight.

5 secs is not ruining anyone's day.

You can say that again ;)
  • blacksghost
    blacksghost
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gathering mobs is not the same as leaving the mobs for those players left behind you to deal with.
    Everything will be alright in the end, if its not alright its not the end.
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give it time OP and you will become one of these speed runners you hate. It has nothing to do with our high CP, wanting to show off or have people admire us. It's simply we have ran these dungeons 1000+ times and dont want to be in it any longer than we must.

Let them know if you're on a quest, most will be kind enough to wait between bosses. Trash pulls don't matter.

Get used to it though. I'm not gonna slow down because someone else wants to take their time doing a 10 minute dungeon and turn it into a 30 minute dungeon.
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, few players understand the concept of "talking". If anyone says "I'm doing the quest, pls wait" I'll gladly do so. On the other hand, players who don't even respond to my initial "hi" have no right to complain about anyone rushing ahead.
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give it time OP and you will become one of these speed runners you hate. It has nothing to do with our high CP, wanting to show off or have people admire us. It's simply we have ran these dungeons 1000+ times and dont want to be in it any longer than we must.

Let them know if you're on a quest, most will be kind enough to wait between bosses. Trash pulls don't matter.

Get used to it though. I'm not gonna slow down because someone else wants to take their time doing a 10 minute dungeon and turn it into a 30 minute dungeon.

I've done dungeons many times in multiple MMO's.

I still take my time running them.

What do you say to that?
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want quest dialogue get some buddies who will wait on you. Even when new dungeons are released I don't let people wait on me because I want to read every note. Instead I get a group that is willing to wait up, and then do it there. Making people wait on you is unfair to the rest of the team.

Otherwise, if you pug a dungeon, expect people just trying to get it done. Someone like me has done every dungeon a billion times and has 0 interest going slowly. They have other characters, other games, other people waiting on them for other content. Making them wait on you is unfair to everyone else.
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you say to that?

"Can you pass me crown real quick?"
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gathering mobs is not the same as leaving the mobs for those players left behind you to deal with.

You’re supposed to stick with the person doing the gathering, rather than deciding to kill trash mobs one group at a time. If you stick with the person doing the gathering, you will only die if you do something stupid.
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re supposed to stick with the person doing the gathering, rather than deciding to kill trash mobs one group at a time. If you stick with the person doing the gathering, you will only die if you do something stupid.

Yeah I mean, they don't "leave the mobs for players left behind you to deal with," that's a sure death sentence if you stay behind and try to kill them by yourself. You're supposed to tag along and everyone kills the grouped mobs together.

Also, I notice you didn't reply to my last post.
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭

What do you say to that?

Hey I get it, you're not a strong player, it's okay but when you randomly get grouped with competent players don't take it out on them.
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you say to that?

thats on you dude. take your time but you aren't going to get folks to slow down when we have stuff to do.
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get your own group together, if you want to skip most of the dungeon, while being rude enough to leave other people in the dust.

Lately I've been encountering more and more groups that has that one or two players who just rush ahead of everyone (Even the tank, because let's be honest, normal dungeons are that wee-easy), and then have the nerve to have a passive-aggressive attitude towards anyone who tells them "'Oy, stop running ahead of the rest of the group"

One occurence had people literary running past everything. Past mobs and kept running even when they aggroed them. It made me start asking myself why even bother being in the dungeon, if everyone's just gonna run ahead of everything. One run left me somewhat amused, just for how *** up it was, in seeing one tank being so eager to speedrun, that he was shouting frantic nonsense like "wtf why can't I go forward???" because he couldn't get to the last boss in Elden Hollow 1.

What's funny is that these rushers are all around the 600 to 720 in CP, which I understand, you're all high level players and you have people follow you and fawn over you and your high CP level. Well, let me just say I'm not feeling prepared to roll around over you just because of your high CP, and if I am a tank, it would be in your best interest to follow Me

Oh well. I can always let these people be stuck in a snag and have them wait for a tank to bail them through a tough encounter, while I can leave and find a new group in a matter of moments.

But tell me, ladies and gentlemen. How can I deal with this little dillema?

1. Vote to kick
    2. Leave and find another group (let yourself get kicked to avoid a time penalty)
    3. Go at your own pace, notwithstanding the speedrunners
    4. Petition ZOS for a speedrun option in the group finder
    5. Create awareness on the forums and hope that over time, people will stop the obnoxious behavior
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you say to that?

Hey I get it, you're not a strong player, it's okay but when you randomly get grouped with competent players don't take it out on them.

You are a troll, no question about it. But I will indulge this childish little fantasy.

A player who rushes forward with all disregard for other players' speed, is not a good player.

A good player is someone who can do mechanics properly.

A good player is someone who helps others survive.

A good player is someone who stays together with his group.

But hey, you're free to believe whatever you wish. Just please understand that your belief is... Well, wrong, to put it simply.
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you say to that?

You are a troll, no question about it. But I will indulge this childish little fantasy.

A player who rushes forward with all disregard for other players' speed, is not a good player.

But hey, you're free to believe whatever you wish. Just please understand that your belief is... Well, wrong, to put it simply.

Uh, thats more of defining whats "good". I personally define a good player as someone who knows their class and mechanics. I think what you're looking for is a "nice" player. Gl with that.
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What do you say to that?

People are going to play how they want. If it's not against the TOS, there's nothing you will ever, ever be able to do about it.

At this point, calling people trolls and arguing, you're just using this thread to vent your frustration on anyone who replies to you.

Hate begets hate. I hope you're fine with that.
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you say to that?

Uh, thats more of defining whats "good". I personally define a good player as someone who knows their class and mechanics. I think what you're looking for is a "nice" player. Gl with that.

It's still a proper description of what a good player is. A player who foams at the mouth, screaming "Argleblaaargh" while he rushes past every single mob he sees is not a good player.

That is, if we are taking the Troll's logic seriously (Which for the sake of argument, I am)
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But what is good, and what is bad? People will argue over those definitions until the cows come home.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By getting rid of your own prejudice, develop insight into (and empathy for) why people want to run these dungeons as fast as possible and by learning the basics for fast dungeon clearing in an MMORPG so you can see the tell-tale signs of people doing that instead of branding it as people acting in a negative manner.
    Edited by Zinaroth on April 22, 2018 7:25PM
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get your own group together, if you want to skip most of the dungeon, while being rude enough to leave other people in the dust.

Lately I've been encountering more and more groups that has that one or two players who just rush ahead of everyone (Even the tank, because let's be honest, normal dungeons are that wee-easy), and then have the nerve to have a passive-aggressive attitude towards anyone who tells them "'Oy, stop running ahead of the rest of the group"

One occurence had people literary running past everything. Past mobs and kept running even when they aggroed them. It made me start asking myself why even bother being in the dungeon, if everyone's just gonna run ahead of everything. One run left me somewhat amused, just for how *** up it was, in seeing one tank being so eager to speedrun, that he was shouting frantic nonsense like "wtf why can't I go forward???" because he couldn't get to the last boss in Elden Hollow 1.

What's funny is that these rushers are all around the 600 to 720 in CP, which I understand, you're all high level players and you have people follow you and fawn over you and your high CP level. Well, let me just say I'm not feeling prepared to roll around over you just because of your high CP, and if I am a tank, it would be in your best interest to follow Me

Oh well. I can always let these people be stuck in a snag and have them wait for a tank to bail them through a tough encounter, while I can leave and find a new group in a matter of moments.

honestly you sound like a Childish jerk of a n00b, and it's highly unbecoming-- Let me explain:

I too once felt like you, was even very vocal about it in dungeons-- But now I've been playing for three years, I'm almost cp 600 and I've become tired of running every single painstaking boss of every dungeon, when I literally only have a chance for the item I need on the last boss.

You have to start thinking outside of your fresh perspective and think like a seasoned player for a moment... Look at it this way: Many of the people in queue have run the dungeon dungeons likely dozens of times in very recent history (maybe a dozen times every day for the past week depending on their circumstance-- potentially hundreds of times! That circumstance actually applies to me at present. I want a particular set bow. It onl drops off final boss in a specific dungeon. I've run it easily 100 times. No dice.. )Furthermore, people are usually running them with an objective and mind, a weapon or jewelry drop, an achievement etc..and the objective doesn't always require each boss.bReally it what it amounts to is you asking people YOU DON'T KNOW to spend sometimes up to 200-300% more of their time than necessary making sure... you're pleased with your dungeon experience. And to be frank: it's a little childish and a lot selfish.

If its outside what the tank or the heals wants you should probably just shut up and play along-- at least if they are good enough to solo/duo without you. If they aren't? Then have it your way, grnted you have the majority spport.

The queue is made for people who want to get in and get done fast. If you want to listen to every last styllable of quest dialogue, maybe YOU should find YOUR own group ?

Actually, since you're so hell bent on being immersed, you know it is even possible to walk to the dungeons? Gasp!

Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on April 22, 2018 7:49PM
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You speed runners are even doing it in delves with no consideration for others in there.

Here I was fighting 3 mobs with aoe and some speed runner comes zipping by training 3 mobs who get tagged by my aoe and now I'm fighting 6 mobs and they are long gone.

Or the delve boss..speed run ahead of other players knowing they are also going for the boss.
    Can't you just do a light attack so we can get a hit in too ? Why spam your ultimate, kill him and leave the rest of us standing there ?

Yeah, yeah, time is precious and you have 37 more alts to run so "move out of the way". "Every man for himself".

I stay out of dungeons because of some of the previous posts but I like to do delve dailies and I can hardly wait til this event is over so the delves go back to being semi peaceful.
  • MarleyRain
    MarleyRain
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion this type of rushing through everything and leaving everyone else in the dust does more harm than good. Let's be honest these people do not kill the mobs they run by they leave them for the rest of the group.. People who do this should not que for a group activity. Especially when they're in beginner level dungeons that have ::beginners:: in them. Have some common decency, it's not a one man show.
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    You speed runners are even doing it in delves with no consideration for others in there.

It's because they are easy. If you die in a delve, you're doing something wrong. You must not have any self heals, health pots, or have a backwards build.

So no, I don't feel sorry for you because I come into a delve and run through it. Personally, if I aggro it, I kill it but I don't have any regard for the person going slowly killing one or two enemies at a time.

I do wait at the final boss for a little bit, for the slower folks to catch up just a bit..But in all honesty, I'm usually the bulldozer that lesser ranked players will get behind, and I do the same when I see a higher level player in front of me.

This is the dumbest thing to cry about on the forums. Really, the guy gets a free carry, doesn't have to deal with two DD's that can't kill things or a lame tank, gets a speed clear so he can go on to something else and he's out here complaining.

Complaining for the sake of complaining.
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭

What do you say to that?

That's you. Some people only get an hour or two to play a day, if that. Why spend 1/4th of your time in a dungeon if you don't want or have to?

You want to take it slow then do so, but don't complain if I want to do the dungeon quicker and am able to do so on my own.

Joining a pug you run with what's been given to you and have no right to complain. If you want to enjoy the dungeon and quest, look for a like minded group instead of joining through match making.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »

If you want to experience every syllable of the quest dialogue, get into an RP guild or an immersion focused guild and run five mans with them. I'm sure they are out there en masse.

Furthermore if this level of immersion is what it takes for you to enjoy the game, why are you using a dungeon finder with instant teleports? you could be doing it the old fashioned way finding a party and travelling on foot.

You're like a lazy RP snob lol