Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Pyandonean (Maormer) Motif!

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

As with all systems, we read your feedback on Crown Crates and are always looking for more ways to make them a rewarding experience. One of the pieces of feedback on Crown Crates we heard was that the blue-tier items didn’t feel as rewarding as our players would like. For as long as Crown Crates have been active, you have been guaranteed at least one blue-quality card or better in every Crown Crate, so these items are some of the most common Crown Crate items.

To address this feedback, starting with the Psijic Vault Crown Crates, we looked to improve the blue-quality Crown Crate rewards by adding an exclusive Motif – the Pyandonean Motif – to that tier. The goal was to add a bit more excitement to receiving a blue-tier item from a crate. However, we also wanted players to feel like there was more than one way to get this Motif, so we made sure that you will be able to purchase the Motif pages with Crown Gems. That way, if you don’t get it inside a crate, you’re not prevented from acquiring it all together. The Motif pages are also account-bound items not collectibles, which means that you can convert every one you get into Crown Gems if you want. It’s also worth noting that all players have the opportunity to receive free Crown Crates during special events, as well as through the future Daily Rewards system.

Watch for full details regarding the Motif pages and how you can obtain them in our upcoming Psijic Vault Crown Crate article.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I get that you guys read our feedback and pass it on.

The problem is that a lot of the time, we don't feel like we are being heard. I mean really, really heard. (Please note, this is not aimed at you, Jess. You are just the messenger here, and don't make these decisions.)

The thing that I am starting to take issue with is that the more updates that go by, the further ZOS push the game towards the Crown Store and Crown Crates. I might be labouring under a misapprehension here, but I thought this was an Elder Scrolls game, and not a loot box/Crown Store purchase based simulator game?

With every content update, we get:

A small zone with enough content to last a day or two. But wait! New Crown Crates! Crown Store exclusive costumes! Crown Store limited time mounts, Crown Store exclusive houses, Crown Store full Motif books, Crown Store non combat pets!

Two dungeons that last a couple of hours and some base game improvements. But wait! New Crown Crates! Crown Store exclusive costumes! Crown Store limited time mounts, Crown Store exclusive houses, Crown Store full Motif books, Crown Store non combat pets!

or a Chapter that sells at retail and has to be bought separately from ESO+ for the same price as other MMO expansions but has less content than any other MMO expansion that comes. But wait! New Crown Crates! Crown Store exclusive costumes! Crown Store limited time mounts, Crown Store exclusive houses, Crown Store full Motif books, Crown Store non combat pets!

And so it goes. Do you see the problem here?

I think that the higher ups might need to re-evaluate the content cadence that they are putting out. And no, I don't mean that they should charge more for DLC or ESO+ or add more items into Crown Crates or the Crown Store. I mean, maybe look at putting more of that stuff into the game and less into the Crown Store. Add more value to the content you are putting into the game, because ZOS just seem to be bleeding the players for more and more money as every update goes by.

We want the "excitement" in the game. Not added to lower tiers of the Crown Crates. The Crown Store should just be a small part of the game that does not detract from the overall experience of the game itself. Instead, with these full screen Crown Store ads, with these exclusive motif pages in Crown Crates, with every single cool item going into the store in some form or another, you are cheapening the game and creating ill will with your playerbase.

Most of the playerbase are here because this is Elder Scrolls. Not because we want to purchase everything from the Crown Store. We want to play around in Tamriel and enjoy it.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To address this feedback, starting with the Psijic Vault Crown Crates, we looked to improve the blue-quality Crown Crate rewards by adding an exclusive Motif – the Pyandonean Motif – to that tier.
    So this just caught my eye rereading it.

Starting with. So does this mean a mew motif in crates every season?
    Edited by Turelus on April 21, 2018 8:58AM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adernath wrote: »
    The issue with the crown shop together with the crates is, besides of the gambling aspect of the crates, that there are now simply too many shiny items flooding the game every few months for too less new in-game rewards. This effectively is turning the actual game into an entertainment setting for an online shop.

Work for game development is distracted for the next season of crown crates while people are complaining about the size of the next chapter. We have raised our concerns before introduction of the crates that this will go out of hands. Yet our feedback was ignored. Now look what this ignorance have brought you: You have never ending discussions in your forum and elsewhere of people complaining about it. You might have earned money with it, but did you earned new customers? Is this what your marketing section wants? To have your game's reputation as being an expensive online role play shop with purchasable chapters and gambling crown crates on top of ESO+?

It really starts to go out of hands.

Just stop it.

I often feel as though the marketing team doesn't realize that ESO is a full-featured, pay-for-a-copy game and not a freemium mobile/social media app.

Seriously. This sort of thing feels tacky, cheap, and frankly often a little bit desperate. Not really the image you want to project.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    To address this feedback, starting with the Psijic Vault Crown Crates, we looked to improve the blue-quality Crown Crate rewards by adding an exclusive Motif – the Pyandonean Motif – to that tier.

Damn skippy that what that means.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    However I think the official statement is clear that once again when it comes to the Crown Store feedback really doesn't matter.

Don't worry, if you feel better we can blame it all on you for not representing our concerns excessive enough. SCNR. :D
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭

If they listen to the Majority this should not be the case.
    This one has wares if you have coins, yes!

ESO-Streamerin https://www.twitch.tv/littlepumpkin030
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not necessarily every season, but to me this sounds like at least once every year/chapter, because the Maormer aren't some generic enemies, they're Summerset specific.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »
    However I think the official statement is clear that once again when it comes to the Crown Store feedback really doesn't matter.

Don't worry, if you feel better we can blame it all on you for not representing our concerns excessive enough. SCNR. :D
    I knew I should have hired that plane to write "No motifs in crates" in the sky over ZOS HQ.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Hey all,

As with all systems, we read your feedback on Crown Crates and are always looking for more ways to make them a rewarding experience. One of the pieces of feedback on Crown Crates we heard was that the blue-tier items didn’t feel as rewarding as our players would like. For as long as Crown Crates have been active, you have been guaranteed at least one blue-quality card or better in every Crown Crate, so these items are some of the most common Crown Crate items.

To address this feedback, starting with the Psijic Vault Crown Crates, we looked to improve the blue-quality Crown Crate rewards by adding an exclusive Motif – the Pyandonean Motif – to that tier. The goal was to add a bit more excitement to receiving a blue-tier item from a crate. However, we also wanted players to feel like there was more than one way to get this Motif, so we made sure that you will be able to purchase the Motif pages with Crown Gems. That way, if you don’t get it inside a crate, you’re not prevented from acquiring it all together. The Motif pages are also account-bound items not collectibles, which means that you can convert every one you get into Crown Gems if you want. It’s also worth noting that all players have the opportunity to receive free Crown Crates during special events, as well as through the future Daily Rewards system.

Watch for full details regarding the Motif pages and how you can obtain them in our upcoming Psijic Vault Crown Crate article.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I get that you guys read our feedback and pass it on.

The problem is that a lot of the time, we don't feel like we are being heard. I mean really, really heard. (Please note, this is not aimed at you, Jess. You are just the messenger here, and don't make these decisions.)

The thing that I am starting to take issue with is that the more updates that go by, the further ZOS push the game towards the Crown Store and Crown Crates. I might be labouring under a misapprehension here, but I thought this was an Elder Scrolls game, and not a loot box/Crown Store purchase based simulator game?

A small zone with enough content to last a day or two. But wait! New Crown Crates! Crown Store exclusive costumes! Crown Store limited time mounts, Crown Store exclusive houses, Crown Store full Motif books, Crown Store non combat pets!

Two dungeons that last a couple of hours and some base game improvements. But wait! New Crown Crates! Crown Store exclusive costumes! Crown Store limited time mounts, Crown Store exclusive houses, Crown Store full Motif books, Crown Store non combat pets!

or a Chapter that sells at retail and has to be bought separately from ESO+ for the same price as other MMO expansions but has less content than any other MMO expansion that comes. But wait! New Crown Crates! Crown Store exclusive costumes! Crown Store limited time mounts, Crown Store exclusive houses, Crown Store full Motif books, Crown Store non combat pets!

I think that the higher ups might need to re-evaluate the content cadence that they are putting out. And no, I don't mean that they should charge more for DLC or ESO+ or add more items into Crown Crates or the Crown Store. I mean, maybe look at putting more of that stuff into the game and less into the Crown Store. Add more value to the content you are putting into the game, because ZOS just seem to be bleeding the players for more and more money as every update goes by.

We want the "excitement" in the game. Not added to lower tiers of the Crown Crates. The Crown Store should just be a small part of the game that does not detract from the overall experience of the game itself. Instead, with these full screen Crown Store ads, with these exclusive motif pages in Crown Crates, with every single cool item going into the store in some form or another, you are cheapening the game and creating ill will with your playerbase.

Most of the playerbase are here because this is Elder Scrolls. Not because we want to purchase everything from the Crown Store. We want to play around in Tamriel and enjoy it.

I can only fully agree to your post. The full screen adds are more than annoying. I am here because I love the elder scrolls lore. it's getting more and more pushed into the crown store.
    also I have a lot of friends who said, that they would have probably purchased something out of it, specially those outfit slots, if there would have been a bit cheaper or account wide. But this is out of topic a bit.
    The game already soaks up a lot of money (at least for me) and I cannot say that I have too much money to purchase more and more stuff out of crates or crown store to complete my collection.
    I would be completely fine with it, if there are both options to obtain things (in game and crown store or crates) I have no problem with motifs in the crown store which are also available in game. so everyone can make a decision either to pay real money for it or play and earn it that way. I think also that this would be a good compromise for the community and @ZOS

• afonik
    afonik
    ✭✭✭
    I can survive RNG but Gambling is Killing me Softly :(
  • Raz415
    Raz415
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate what you are trying to do by increasing the value of blue tier drops (can you also completely remove greens from the crates please?). I still disagree however with the decision of having it Crown Crate exclusive. We are rewarded way too few Crown Gems per item for this to feel like a good alternative to not getting a direct drop. How many crown crates must you open and destroy EVERYTHING inside them in order to get all the motif chapters through Crown Gems? Yeah... a lot.

The only way to make this right is to ALSO allow us to purchase the Motif Book in the shop.

Can't fool us, Crown Crates are NOT worth the money and only people with gambling issues spend a lot of money on them.
    Edited by Raz415 on April 21, 2018 8:04PM
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As with all systems, we read your feedback on Crown Crates and are always looking for more ways to make them a rewarding experience.

Getting rid of Crown Crates altogether and having these items be things you can unlock by playing the god damn game that you purchased. THAT is what one would consider a 'rewarding experience'. (Case and point of a good example, the Telvanni personality!)
    This isn't some tacky, freemium game! Though with the way things have been going as of late with the game and the lack of/reduced quality of in-store purchases/the degradation of the Crown Store and the push to Crown Crates, it may as well bloody be!
    To address this feedback, starting with the Psijic Vault Crown Crates, we looked to improve the blue-quality Crown Crate rewards by adding an exclusive Motif – the Pyandonean Motif – to that tier. The goal was to add a bit more excitement to receiving a blue-tier item from a crate.

Oh, greaaat, so expect more of this bull in the future then. Why not cap the amount of trash consumables you get in a draw instead? Or better yet, as said above, get rid of scam crates completely, or have them be things you can purchase directly.
    However, we also wanted players to feel like there was more than one way to get this Motif, so we made sure that you will be able to purchase the Motif pages with Crown Gems. That way, if you don’t get it inside a crate, you’re not prevented from acquiring it all together.

So you (well, Zo$) completely and utterly ignored the mountains of customer feedback then. Also, you are prevented from acquiring it, because it's locked behind gambling instead of being added to the bloody base game!
    The Motif pages are also account-bound items not collectibles, which means that you can convert every one you get into Crown Gems if you want.

Yeah, at a god awful gem return ratio. Thaaaaaanks~
    It’s also worth noting that all players have the opportunity to receive free Crown Crates during special events, as well as through the future Daily Rewards system.

Whoopdebloodydoo! Doesn't change the fact that all of our feedback was completely and utterly disregarded! Add more salt to the ever growing, gaping wound, why not!

Just...stop.

The only thing this reply has done has solidified my want to cancel ESO+. Thank you for making it that much easier. You've made it very loud and clear as to what Zenimax's vision of the future for this game is, and it's a rather sad, grim one.

How could you not learn from the debacle that was EA? At least in the end (though far, far too late) they had the balls to admit their failings, removed the crates and gambling, and are now reworking their game so it's not built around such a disgusting, predatory system. (Though lets be real, we all know that if their hand hadn't been caught in the proverbial cookie jar, they wouldn't have done this at all.)

I do not envy your role. Yikes.
    Edited by Numerikuu on April 21, 2018 10:54AM
  • Raz415
    Raz415
    ✭✭✭
    Adernath wrote: »
    The issue with the crown shop together with the crates is, besides of the gambling aspect of the crates, that there are now simply too many shiny items flooding the game every few months for too less new in-game rewards. This effectively is turning the actual game into an entertainment setting for an online shop.

Work for game development is distracted for the next season of crown crates while people are complaining about the size of the next chapter. We have raised our concerns before introduction of the crates that this will go out of hands. Yet our feedback was ignored. Now look what this ignorance have brought you: You have never ending discussions in your forum and elsewhere of people complaining about it. You might have earned money with it, but did you earned new customers? Is this what your marketing section wants? To have your game's reputation as being an expensive online role play shop with purchasable chapters and gambling crown crates on top of ESO+?

It really starts to go out of hands.

Just stop it.

I often feel as though the marketing team doesn't realize that ESO is a full-featured, pay-for-a-copy game and not a freemium mobile/social media app.

Seriously. This sort of thing feels tacky, cheap, and frankly often a little bit desperate. Not really the image you want to project.

Absolutely agree! It's not even a CHEAP MMO. I feel it's extraordinarily greedy to even TRY to justify these crates in TESO. People are upset over this sort of thing in FREEMIUM games. ZOS has no right imo.
  • Talek
    Talek
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all,

How can you came in to your customers and straight up lie like this? It's better to not comment at all than comment something like that you know. Zenimax/Bethesda are trying to turn into more *** company than EA i guess, maybe if your future games start to not meet sale predictions (like Battlefront 2 and new NFS did) because customers starts to turn from you, you get your heads in the right direction again.

If you wish to improve garbage boxes you would add motif pages to the consumable tier so each box will get one motif page instead of some trash worth 1 gem. Right here you simply ask ppl to pay 400 gems to get single random motif page which is even worse than what it was before.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talek wrote: »
    maybe if your future games start to not meet sale predictions (like Battlefront 2 and new NFS did) because customers starts to turn from you, you get your heads in the right direction again.

I actually had Skyrim VR in my shopping cart yesterday, since I had a discount code for it. Happy I didn't pull it through and decided to wait …
  • Mixith
    Mixith
    ✭✭✭
    Ughh of course it had to be the one motif i actually wanted too, well guess thats not happening then.
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    For all of you. If you might not have seen it yet.

we have a poll for voting.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/407864/poll-exclusive-motif-pages-in-crown-crates/p1

• LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Jessica, this isn't making the rewards feel more exciting. It just makes it extremely frustrating to have a motif exclusive to the Crown crates. This is not the way to go to make rewards more exciting. Totally not. It just alienates people. I can't find words to express my disappointment at crown crate exclusive motifs. Especially in pages. It just... no.
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If looking to improve Crown Crates let's start here:

Every season of Crown Crates contains the same basic rewards - frivolous consumables everyone converts to gems. NONE of these should be in Crown Crates. Common and Fine levels should be eliminated from them period.

SWTOR had the Cartel Crates and with every single crate opened you got something new from that season. ALWAYS. That is not the case with Crown Crates.

Every season and every Crown Crate should give something new. That being said, the lowest tier in Crown Crates should be what is Superior rewards today. As it is, collecting everything in a Crate season is a lot without having the majority of it wasted on these frivolous consumables.

If you want to add value to Crown Crates, get rid of the consumables no one wants and start things with the Superior rewards. Every crate should be giving ONLY stuff from the new season - end of story.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Tsaesci style has the same tooltop as Pyandonean, so I assume Tsaesci will be the next Crate style. The one the community has been looking forward to for a year now.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

The Tsaesci style has the same tooltop as Pyandonean, so I assume Tsaesci will be the next Crate style. The one the community has been looking forward to for a year now.

I cannot proof it yet, but I have seen someone saying, that the skinchanger style had also the same tooltip. So there is still hope that it is what we expected it to be (midyear mayhem crown STORE exclusive)

• Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You want us to feel excited and rewarded?

Have the motif pages obtainable from the appropriate public dungeon or some other ingame activity, then I feel rewarded. I don't mind if the crates have the motif as well and are used as an alternative for those who don't want to farm the pages.

But putting them in crown crates only is not rewarding at all.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Wayshuba
      Wayshuba
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      JD2013 wrote: »

..snip..

...snip..

Even worse, we are going down the same road I have seen destroy so many MMOs - designing systems in the game around how to monetize everything. Didn't work well for LOTRO or SWTOR and now ESO is going down the same path.

A few examples:

Outfit System - Let's finally add an outfit system but make the costs of an outfit exorbitant to get people to by outfit change tokens. Name one other MMO that has something in their store to CHANGE clothes. Furthermore, they took free dying away from ESO+ members when it came to it so they can sell more change tokens. Finally, the additional slot pricing is out of this world. Something that costs $0.80 in other MMOs (or $3 account wide) is $15 in ESO. Give me a break.

Housing - The entire system is built around the Crown Store and, bar none, the most expensive system in the entire MMO market. What should be a fun diversion to keep people logging in is instead a rich man's luxury in an MMO.

Storage Chests/Transmute Stations - Let's add some stuff to the game to give us some value to housing but make it ridiculously expensive, long and grindy to try and drive purchases of the same items in the CS.

Chapters - How do we get ESO+ member to pay for one of their content updates that should be included with their membership. I know, let's call it a Chapter, make it a bigger zone and fill half the zone with mountains so we don't have to add content to it.

Jewelry Crafting - Let's take the already heavy grind of crafting and researching nine tiers and multiply it by TEN. Why? So we can sell research scrolls, etc. This grind elimination is something that exists in free mobile games. It should not exist AT ALL in a B2P game with an optional sub. What other reason is there for Jewelry Crafting to have a completely different system than Blacksmithing, Clothing or Woodworking?

Horse Upgrades - Nothing is more dreadful to starting a new character than the six month slog to upgrade your horse. This should be an account wide thing - six months and done always. But we have those horse upgrades in the store to help cut down on the grind!

My issue is that each update is becoming more and more about what can be monetized. The problem is eventually all of this starts to crumble as system after system of free mobile game grind reduction monetization builds on one another until you no longer have a game and the player population begins to flee.

ZoS really should do some hard studies about the longer term effects of this type of game design on MMOs. I saw it drive LOTRO players away in droves, then GW2 players, then SWTOR players. So I have a feeling if it continues here, the same effect will eventually happen to ESO. I am really getting worn out on good games trashing themselves with silly over-monetization methods.

What gamers are getting worn out on in general, and the real crux of the EA BFII issue as an example, is BUYING a game, then having the game ruthlessly add F2P grind reduction monetization methods to it. Publishers are trying to have their cake and eat it too and gamers are just outright getting fed up with it. Either charge me for the game (and a sub) and give things to me IN THE GAME I BOUGHT or make the game completely free with no sub, and use grind reduction methods in store. DON'T DO BOTH, it is just angering the gaming customer who are sick of it.
      Edited by Wayshuba on April 21, 2018 12:14PM
    • sirinsidiator
      sirinsidiator
      ✭✭✭✭
      Hey all,

I like collecting motifs and I detest the crown crates in their current form. It makes me incredibly sad to hear that you are locking a thing I like behind something I don't like.

Making crown crates a possible daily reward is definitely a step into the right direction, but I believe it's not enough. Until now, there was no way to earn crates for spending time playing the game and the daily reward (which is not a guaranteed crate from what I read) is not really changing that. Please consider making it so that time spend playing ESO equals crown crates earned, e.g. let us earn a crown crate for every 100k xp or for doing the first daily quest, or even both. For me that would make the crate system acceptable and I'd start looking into the items locked behind them and buy crates every now and then when I want some seasonal item, but couldn't get it from the free crates alone.
      https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
    • Greifenherz
      Greifenherz
      ✭✭✭
      Making crown crates a possible daily reward is definitely a step into the right direction, but I believe it's not enough. Until now, there was no way to earn crates for spending time playing the game and the daily reward (which is not a guaranteed crate from what I read) is not really changing that. Please consider making it so that time spend playing ESO equals crown crates earned, e.g. let us earn a crown crate for every 100k xp or for doing the first daily quest, or even both. For me that would make the crate system acceptable and I'd start looking into the items locked behind them and buy crates every now and then when I want some seasonal item, but couldn't get it from the free crates alone.

I wholeheartedly disagree. We don't need more systems incentivizing crown crates and the purchase thereof, we need them gone, with their loot tables distributed as in-game rewards and direct purchasables in the crown store. If ZOS wants our money they should earn it fair and square with honest methods, and not with a fishing hook in our noses.
    • Edrein
      Edrein
      ✭✭✭
      Esha76 wrote: »
      Hey all,

Though I appreciate communication from you on this matter, I’m afraid all you have succeeded at here is confirming many people’s worst fear: The simple fact that this style is exclusive to the crates.

You are no doubt aware, at this point, how unpopular this course of action is with many of your consumers. The ability to convert duplicate pages, at a much-reduced exchange rate I imagine, does nothing to alleviate the concerns and disappointment expressed by so many over this matter. And no offence intended, but your leadership’s reasoning of making crates “more exciting” is nearly insulting, if not actually. Apologies for the vulgarity… but don’t take a dump on my cupcake and tell me it’s icing.

But, judging by your wording, it appears this decision by your leadership sounds very set in stone. Please do me the favor of informing your Leadership that I will never buy these crates, no matter what exclusive pixilated happiness you put in them. I would have, however, bought the motif directly from the store at a fixed price. Also, please kindly inform your Leadership these types of continued practices will only drive my wallet elsewhere.

Though I will not speak for others, I do know I am not alone in this sentiment.

Good day.

That's the sad thing, as much as I hate the overbloated crown cost for some motifs. I'd have gladly paid 5000 crowns for the motif. Sure it'd technically still be around the $50 (on the lucky side of the RNG for the crates) as in the crates, but I'd feel a lot less like I'm being exploited by a company nor being forced to partake in a terrible gambling scheme.
    • Avran_Sylt
      Avran_Sylt
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

This still won't make it exciting for players.

They buy crates with a goal in mind, not to thoughtlessly purchase crates for no reason. (Some might).

The reason that the blue tier isn't all that special, is because they exchange for a measly 5 gems. These motifs (which can't be traded by the way), will serve absolutely no purpose unless the motif is itself the goal. In which case it actually makes it worse for the player.

They dilute the superior pool, yes, but they are not collectibles, and can immediately be turned back into crowns. However, if these were the goal for a player, the sheer volume of motif chapters means that they need to spend more on boxes if they get 'lucky' enough to get these chapters in them, since the exchange rate for common items is abysmal.

This 'excitement' of getting that motif actually serves to siphon more money from the person.

If your goal is to be less consumer friendly with these crates, congratulations, you've succeed.

You need to adjust your Crown Gem exchange rates for common-superior items, or lower the prices in the stores.
      Edited by Avran_Sylt on April 21, 2018 12:25PM
    • Smaxx
      Smaxx
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Wayshuba wrote: »
      Even worse, we are going down the same road I have seen destroy so many MMOs - designing systems in the game around how to monetize everything. Didn't work well for LOTRO or SWTOR and now ESO is going down the same path.

While I agree in general, there are a few misconceptions in your arguments, maybe you missed a few details. I'm not trying to defend those loot boxes, I'd rather see them gone now than later, too.

A few examples:
      Outfit System - Let's finally add an outfit system but make the costs of an outfit exorbitant to get people to by outfit change tokens. Name one other MMO that has something in their store to CHANGE clothes. Furthermore, they took free dying away from ESO+ members when it came to it so they can sell more change tokens. Finally, the additional slot pricing is out of this world. Something that costs $0.80 in other MMOs (or $3 account wide) is $15 in ESO. Give me a break.

Few points here:
      • I don't mind having the outfit system as a gold sink. I don't change my outfit daily. It also helps not making crafting motifs (in crafting) obsolete, since there's still value attached to having an item in the right style from the get-go.
      • They never took anything regarding tinting from ESO+ or regular players. They could just do a better job at explaining it. You can still pick "No Outfit" and you'd end up with the classic option to color your actual gear – rather than your outfit – for free. ESO+'s costume tinting didn't change either.
      Jewelry Crafting - Let's take the already heavy grind of crafting and researching nine tiers and multiply it by TEN. Why? So we can sell research scrolls, etc. This grind elimination is something that exists in free mobile games. It should not exist AT ALL in a B2P game with an optional sub. What other reason is there for Jewelry Crafting to have a completely different system than Blacksmithing, Clothing or Woodworking?

What exactly is different here? It's the very same system, unless I'm missing something? Just as a matter of fact, Nirnhoned was initially also locked behind a "you have to find it to research it" barrier, that simply disappeared over time. Why we can't research multiple traits in parallel? Also simple, because there's only necklaces and rings. So with 9 traits you'll have to complete 18 research jobs. While this still takes quite some time, it's not really exorbitant or anything. Don't forget that the other professions have significantly more items to research, starting with Carpenter researching 9 traits on 6 different items. If you cut the lacking "do two more jobs at the same time" passive bonus, it will basically take the same amount of time.
      Horse Upgrades - Nothing is more dreadful to starting a new character than the six month slog to upgrade your horse. This should be an account wide thing - six months and done always. But we have those horse upgrades in the store to help cut down on the grind!
      Yes and no. While I agree, it's somewhat unnecessary, it's still a tiny progression reward for logging in daily. Don't forget you can do this on multiple characters daily and the only really significant modifier for most average day use is the mount speed. Endurance and extra inventory are both nice, but your main goal with a mount should be getting around faster.
    • Palidon
      Palidon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just another way for ZOS to exploit Crown Crate purchases. So now buy a bunch of crates in hopes of eventually getting the entire motif. ZOS your are destroying your own game. This will bite you in the butt eventually.
    • Dimentiza
      Dimentiza
      ✭✭✭
      So ZOS is copying EA now and wants to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment while opening crown crates?
      EU ⋅ PC ⋅ DC