Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 18 - Feedback Thread for Psijic Order Skill Line

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and could a DK please screenshot the new healing Ash Cloud (+morph)?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    DDuke wrote: »
    Mend Wounds

Playing a stamina nightblade, I didn't find this skill particularly useful (you can't target yourself with it) - but maybe some dedicated healers out there will find it useful.

14qg1uqiynv9.png

Great post, thanks!

Mend Wounds sounds interesting... but ~ 1200 health over 10 seconds? *lol* that rather be 12.000 health over 10 seconds or so, maybe a 0 is missing. I mean 120hp/s is abysmal. The heavy attack healing sounds nice. What's the animation for a 2hander or staff?

And could you please do this for the passives as well?

@DDuke

That sucks if it can't target myself. That's about the only reason I wanted it, for self healing to either solo better or tank better.
    I don't play healers.
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the base ultimate cost of undo without any % reduction?
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hexys wrote: »

125 or 150. I forget which.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mend Wounds

Playing a stamina nightblade, I didn't find this skill particularly useful (you can't target yourself with it) - but maybe some dedicated healers out there will find it useful.

14qg1uqiynv9.png

Great post, thanks!

Mend Wounds sounds interesting... but ~ 1200 health over 10 seconds? *lol* that rather be 12.000 health over 10 seconds or so, maybe a 0 is missing. I mean 120hp/s is abysmal. The heavy attack healing sounds nice. What's the animation for a 2hander or staff?

And could you please do this for the passives as well?

@DDuke

Passives:
    mgd98h330sc3.png
    5ntcpt9b2b5i.png
    eva9w2esq5yz.png
    n9m27i1bl4ce.png
    opur4um0fqh0.png

I do like how they're not just a "here, have some stats" type of a deal.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

mkmmgp30cx6m.png

That's with 2 points in Clairvoyance (-15% cost to Psijic abilities) & on a stamblade (so no cost reductions).

I believe it's 150 ultimate at rank 4, but can't confirm until they fix that last Psijic quest so people can unlock it.
    Edited by DDuke on April 17, 2018 4:48PM
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭

mkmmgp30cx6m.png

That's with 2 points in Clairvoyance (-15% cost to Psijic abilities) & on a stamblade (so no cost reductions).

I believe it's 150 ultimate at rank 4, but can't confirm until they fix that last Psijic quest so people can unlock it.

Please post the morphs you have of the skills
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have question too @DDuke . Casting Deep thoughts generates stack to spell orb? And if it does, it's only one per toggle?
    Anyway thx for information!
    Edited by Jaxaxo on April 17, 2018 5:04PM
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    l3alls wrote: »

mkmmgp30cx6m.png

Please post the morphs you have of the skills

Sure, I actually did post the morphs I picked on previous page.

Here's the rest of them:
    9jtfye203chz.png
    Very slow, people have enough time to move out of it compared to other morph.

4pibrl92k13u.png
    Magicka morph of Imbued Weapon. Much stronger morph effect than "heal for 15% of damage" in my opinion. Definitely going to try this on Overload sorc.

wjsjr7tdo6ue.png
    The morph without cast time. Probably stronger morph for anyone who is not a stealth oriented build.
    50% Sprint cost reduction is also very noticeable for magicka builds.

69ajy38gspk0.png

nuj4vw2e5hvf.png
    Trying this morph at the moment to see if it could replace Vigor on off bar. Doubtful.
  • RoninMB
    RoninMB
    ✭✭✭
    I was doing psijic quests but I still don't know how to open the skill line. I remember being given a map to close rifts but could not find it in my inventory. So yeah it is confusing probably more so for a new player.

It'll be under the quest tab in your inventory if you haven't figured it out yet.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaxaxo wrote: »
    Have question too @DDuke . Casting Deep thoughts generates stack to spell orb? And if it does, it's only one per toggle?

Oops.

Here's Deep Thoughts (amazing skill name btw :lol: )

g1239rr25b49.png

...and yes, it generates a stack for spell orb every time you toggle it (zero cost), so you can toggle it on & off to shoot those orbs at enemies. Not that it's particularly effective though, took me over a minute to kill a crocodile with that.

Also, you can only generate the stacks while in combat.
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    There is a mismatch of quest indicators in the Alik'r Desert, at Lekis. Look at the map.

3.jpg
    This is when you stand infront of the door (this is the position it shows on the overall map (and the correct one))

2.jpg
    This is after you passed the door (quest indicator is at door position)

1.jpg
    This is the actual location (quest indicator is at door position)
    PC - EU
    Primary: PvP: magSorc, magNB, PvE: DK Tank, Templar Heal
    Secondary: PvP: magDK, Templar, PvE: Warden something
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭

Oops.

g1239rr25b49.png

...and yes, it generates a stack for spell orb every time you toggle it (zero cost), so you can toggle it on & off to shoot those orbs at enemies. Not that it's particularly effective though, took me over a minute to kill a crocodile with that.

Yee, name is really good :smiley:
    I was thinking about potential application of this for adding a bit burst for combos, but without crushing weapons I dont see use for it. I guess projectile fires moment u reach 5th stack, ye?
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Oops.

g1239rr25b49.png

Yee, name is really good :smiley:
    I was thinking about potential application of this for adding a bit burst for combos, but without crushing weapons I dont see use for it. I guess projectile fires moment u reach 5th stack, ye?

Yes, it flies off instantly when your reach the 5th stack. Crushing Weapons is probably the best way to make use of the passive, you can count until 5th stack, Crushing Weapons->Incap/Leap/Whatever for some massive burst.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acceleration has the potential to be a great skill, but the Major Expedition buff is too short. This speed buff is primarily needed to increase mobility for Magicka Templars. Compare Acceleration's 3 secs to Wardens, who get 10-12 sec Major Expedition from Falcon. NB and Sorc have class skills that grant 6-10 secs. Even DK can get 6 sec if they have a target to shoot. Only the lowly, much-hated Templar has to endure life without a magicka-based source of Major Expedition.

The cast time morph brings M.E. up to a measly 9 seconds, still behind the Warden and Nightblade even after paying the hefty price of yet another undesirable cast time (on Templar, who needs Major Expedition the most and needs another cast time the least).

Therefore, Acceleration needs a buff. The Major Expedition from this ability should last for 6 secs, up to a maximum of 18 secs for those taking the cast-time morph.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you alter your light and heavy attacks with Mend Wounds (or what its name is), does it still count as a light/heavy attack for skills like Lotus or Focus?

And no DK able to screenshot Ash Cloud heal?

Thanks all!
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DDuke Can you post a screenshot of the meditate morph that gives more resources? And can you move when you cast meditate?
    Edited by kkravaritieb17_ESO on April 17, 2018 6:13PM
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    started the skill line this morning. lots of running around I suppose this is to encourage new players to explore and while in summerset it wasn't too bad. the map needs to be quick slotable it was a pain to have to dig through my inventory every time I wanted to use it which was often.
    i finished finding the rifts in Glenumbra and called it a day. long grind is long.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DDuke Can you post a screenshot of the meditate morph that gives more resources? And can you move when you cast meditate?

I posted it above (comment #72) & no, you can't move while casting (you can go into sneak though if you press crouch key & then cast it right after).
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    I don't see a use for imbue weapons. It only buffs your next light attack by a bit. I would be loosing so much dps and a skill slot by using this. Using a spammable ability followed by a normal light attack deals more damage than using imbue weapons. Imbue weapons has no place in any rotation I'm afraid.

I´m sorry but this is flatout wrong in every aspect.

On lvl1 elemental weapon deals 9529 tooltip dmg for me with 1890 cost.
    Force pulse lvl4 in comparison has 9864 tooltip dmg for 2295 cost.

This is on a highelf so force pulse benefits from additional 4% elemental dmg aswell.

Furthermore you can add 5124 magic dmg every 5 casts from the spell orb passive of the psijic skillline.

Overall the skill is cheaper, guarantees high uptime of statuseffects (unless asylum is used) and deals more damage than force pulse in a rotation where it´s used frequently.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    I don't see a use for imbue weapons. It only buffs your next light attack by a bit. I would be loosing so much dps and a skill slot by using this. Using a spammable ability followed by a normal light attack deals more damage than using imbue weapons. Imbue weapons has no place in any rotation I'm afraid.

This is on a highelf so force pulse benefits from additional 4% elemental dmg aswell.

Furthermore you can add 5124 magic dmg every 5 casts from the spell orb passive of the psijic skillline.

Overall the skill is cheaper, guarantees high uptime of statuseffects (unless asylum is used) and deals more damage than force pulse in a rotation where it´s used frequently.

But is it fun to use or put it in any rotation? It lasts for 2s and just one light attack. It needs to be permanently active to be useful so you need to spam it. To use it once every 9.9s for the Orbs doesn't make sense and to use it just every now and then it seems like a wasted slot.
    Edited by Seraphayel on April 17, 2018 8:06PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    They don't seem overwhelming becouise they aren't, but there is no reason to not have them, becouse they are free.
    If you buy the chapter
    It's like having mage's guild behind the clockwork dlc.

Did you forget about Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood being locked behind a purchase and also very very useful for certain things, especially for stealth gankers?

This is nothing new. They just finally gave us a skill line with content that truly is worth buying for other reasons.
    I would not have bought thieves guild or dark brotherhood without those skill lines.

Dark brotherhood and thief guild didn't add anything of value/ meta changing to pve or pvp
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just unlock it and it's right.

I have the skill morphed lvl 1 and the damage difference with Force pulse on a high elfe is 333.

Will probably be better damage than force pulse. ZoS did it, they give us a kind of spammable.

The other way it can be used is to burst.

curse, fury, imbue, light attack flame reach. The curse, light attack, flame reach, imbue and maybe fury will hit at the same time.

Didn't find a burst rotation implying it on runecage build yet.
    Edited by Aedaryl on April 17, 2018 8:11PM
  • Siliziumdioxid
    Siliziumdioxid
    ✭✭✭
    Few things:
    So far i found the time used to level up the skill line pretty high when i compare it to the time spend to level Mages Guild or Fighters guild. The quests you have to do to level up the guild are actually pretty enjoyable however when i think about doing this for several characters it's more like a nightmare. So please offer an alternative way to level the order that unlocks after you done all the questing on one character or something like that.

It would be nice if the augur synergie doesn't dismount you

Perhaps it is the high latency but lightattack weaving with "elemental Weapon" works terrible. It would be nice if the skill gets a more fluent animation. (Actually i thought that this ability actually buffs the stats your next Light attack gets(like the vma weapon) unfortunately it doesn't)

Actually i find that the time stop ability will be the nightmare of pvp, a players that are close to the middle of it when the ability starts to appear is basically unable to get out of it right in time. It is a very strong cc and i don't see very much counterplay to it.

3 seconds of Major Expedition is a Joke is it?
    Edited by Siliziumdioxid on April 17, 2018 8:16PM
    Guild: Ancaria
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But is it fun to use or put it in any rotation? It lasts for 2s and just one light attack. It needs to be permanently active to be useful so you need to spam it. To use it once every 9.9s for the Orbs doesn't make sense and to use it just every now and then it seems like a wasted slot.

Do you all not understand how that skill is used?

It fits the same role as funnel/forcepulse/reach with masterstaff.

It´s a spammable dmg ability. The dmg does not replace your lightattack. It gets added on top.

Lightattack + elemental weapon as an animationcancel is the same as lightattack + force pulse. Just that it deals more damage and is cheaper.

It comes at the cost of having to slot a different destruction staff ability - so it won´t replace these other spammables in every scenario. It´s an option all builds have now.
    Especially sorc builds and of course stamina builds that use bow/dw/2h and wanted an isntant dmg ability.
    Edited by Derra on April 17, 2018 8:19PM
    <Noricum>

• Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they nerf Magblade's spammable skill to bring it in line (= make it equally bad) with Force Pulse and then they just add a better one that is locked behind their expansion? Coincidence?
    Edited by Rianai on April 17, 2018 8:24PM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It´s a spammable dmg ability. The dmg does not replace your lightattack. It gets added on top.

Lightattack + elemental weapon as an animationcancel is the same as lightattack + force pulse. Just that it deals more damage and is cheaper.

It comes at the cost of having to slot a different destruction staff ability - so it won´t replace these other spammables in every scenario. It´s an option all builds have now.
    Especially sorc builds and of course stamina builds that use bow/dw/2h and wanted an isntant dmg ability.

To be fair, the tooltip of the stamina morph is still around 10-15% less than Surprise Attack (but more than Flying Blade).

I don't know if the magicka morph scales better or something, but I can't really see what would make it deal more damage than Force Pulse.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair, the tooltip of the stamina morph is still around 10-15% less than Surprise Attack (but more than Flying Blade).

I don't know if the magicka morph scales better or something, but I can't really see what would make it deal more damage than Force Pulse.

Suprise attack (and concealed weapon for that matter) scale better than other filler abilities. They´re a bad point of reference because they deal more damage than any comparable ability.

It´s easy why it deals more dmg than force pulse:
    lvl1 elemental deals 9529 + 5124 / 5 = 10553dmg (with the orb passive factored in)
    lvl4 pulse deals 9864 on the same build

If dmg increases with skilllevel difference will be even higher.

Granted it requires you to use the skill atleast 5 times and the passive projectile to not be dodged. Wtb skilllevel 4 for adequate comparison.
    Edited by Derra on April 17, 2018 8:38PM
    <Noricum>

• schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    Acceleration

I agree, that 3 seconds duration is ridiculously short... After casting you re fast for 2 seconds (even it if says 3, with casting and recasting you get effective 2)

The morph with the longer duration (9 seconds) has a slightly to long cast time, else it would be ok.

Consider, that to use this skill, there need to be one other skill removed from the bar. So it has to be not only usable but also helpfull in order to be slotted.

I wouldnt give up any of my current skills for a 3 second speed buff.
    For the longer morph I would have to really decide, because of the casting time. I did replace streak with the 9 sec version (in terms of movability testing) and with that cast time the skill is far far behind. I will test on other classes too.
    PC - EU
    Primary: PvP: magSorc, magNB, PvE: DK Tank, Templar Heal
    Secondary: PvP: magDK, Templar, PvE: Warden something
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems odd that there are *any* stamina morphs in a magician's guild skill line. Bug?