Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 18 - Feedback Thread for Psijic Order Skill Line

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    The Marking on the Psijic Map of the Illiac Bay for the Burial mounds Breach could probably be moved up a little bit.

Map Marker:
    tjmu4kjdo5x3.png

Wow! That's way off!
    You would think they would know which side of the road it was on at least. That cartographer gets a lot of people lost.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on April 17, 2018 12:26PM
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you guys want us to test out leveling this skill line, please unlock all wayshrines on Templates. There is absolutely no way I am doing this Illiac Bay Map hunt on a Template where I have to ride to the northernmost point of Glenumbra starting from Daggerfall Wayshrine.

Additionaly, please make it so that the treasure map "changes" once you close a rift, so that the red crosses of rifts you already found vanish or so, because I see this becoming a longer grind you probably won't do in one run.
    Edited by Svenja on April 17, 2018 12:58PM
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was doing psijic quests but I still don't know how to open the skill line. I remember being given a map to close rifts but could not find it in my inventory. So yeah it is confusing probably more so for a new player.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »

major protection when channeling AND casting may seem not good, but it's a hell of a strong passive.

It´s only for abilities of the skillline though - sooo not that good anymore.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    The Marking on the Psijic Map of the Illiac Bay for the Burial mounds Breach could probably be moved up a little bit.

Map Marker:
    tjmu4kjdo5x3.png

all markers are off by alot, but since I've seen all portal son PTS, I know where they will be on live xD
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was doing psijic quests but I still don't know how to open the skill line. I remember being given a map to close rifts but could not find it in my inventory. So yeah it is confusing probably more so for a new player.

the very first map quest you get for summerset wil have the skillline as quest reward
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    The third set seemed much quicker and then the quest line seems to change course, enjoying the skills so far.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest concern with the skill line is that the concentrated barrier passive basically turns shield breaker into the BiS PVP set for stamina. It could turn into an exploitable liability for heavy armor block builds and magicka block casters.

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see a use for imbue weapons. It only buffs your next light attack by a bit. I would be loosing so much dps and a skill slot by using this. Using a spammable ability followed by a normal light attack deals more damage than using imbue weapons. Imbue weapons has no place in any rotation I'm afraid.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    I don't see a use for imbue weapons. It only buffs your next light attack by a bit. I would be loosing so much dps and a skill slot by using this. Using a spammable ability followed by a normal light attack deals more damage than using imbue weapons. Imbue weapons has no place in any rotation I'm afraid.

It's an overload buff essentially, because, ya know, buff sorc...
  • HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    Much prefer the fourth section, hunting via the lights. Far more enjoyable than the portals which could do with some tweaking.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not worth using it even with Overload.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

• Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably right. The only use for it would be to guarantee the status effect. Might be useful for my PVP Ice staff Magden. What's the stamina morph look like?
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Much prefer the fourth section, hunting via the lights. Far more enjoyable than the portals which could do with some tweaking.

Yes but then there's a 5th section and guess what that one is? :)
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably right. The only use for it would be to guarantee the status effect. Might be useful for my PVP Ice staff Magden. What's the stamina morph look like?

Stamina Morph heals you for 15% of the damage done.
    The magicka morph does have a guaranteed chance to apply one of 3 status effects. Still not worth slotting for me as it stands now. I was hoping, it would buff the next 2 light attacks as stated by the testers. Then it could fit into some rotations. But not as it stands now, sadly.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

• HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

Yes but then there's a 5th section and guess what that one is? :)

Just made that joyful discovery :s

• SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Svenja wrote: »
    If you guys want us to test out leveling this skill line, please unlock all wayshrines on Templates. There is absolutely no way I am doing this Illiac Bay Map hunt on a Template where I have to ride to the northernmost point of Glenumbra starting from Daggerfall Wayshrine.

Additionaly, please make it so that the treasure map "changes" once you close a rift, so that the red crosses of rifts you already found vanish or so, because I see this becoming a longer grind you probably won't do in one run.

Furthermore they should reduce the Portals from 9 per quest to 8 or even 7n, 9n is just over the top.
    Especially since the quests repeat for all zones. so you have to close 18 EP, 18 AD and 18 DC portals, and maybe even more, I'll test that prob tomorrow.

However I have to agree that all Wayshrines should be open on Templates, since they will also be Open on our Main Characters, making it a bit easyer on live, but still a heck of a grind :/
    PC EU

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The magicka morph does have a guaranteed chance to apply one of 3 status effects. Still not worth slotting for me as it stands now. I was hoping, it would buff the next 2 light attacks as stated by the testers. Then it could fit into some rotations. But not as it stands now, sadly.

Self healing for stamina, eh? This skill line may finally make a stamina build work for me.
    I've been wanting to make a stamina build that works as good as my magicka builds for a long time now, but they have always lacked the self-healing I like to build for on my magicka characters. It always required a pvp skill, but this changes that somewhat.

We shall see though. I'm still downloading PTS on my slow internet.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Self healing for stamina, eh? This skill line may finally make a stamina build work for me.
    I've been wanting to make a stamina build that works as good as my magicka builds for a long time now, but they have always lacked the self-healing I like to build for on my magicka characters. It always required a pvp skill, but this changes that somewhat.

It's basically degenerate except instead of 15% chance to heal yourself for 100% of the damage, it's a 100% chance to heal yourself for 15% of the damage. This won't be your reason to roll stamina.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Psijic skill line is not on the templates. I am not going to spoil the quest line, so I am unable to even test it. Can you guys please make sure that the templates get the skill line for the next pts? I was really looking forward to testing these abilities. :(
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, following the lights was much more enjoyable.
    I didn't mind the rifts in Skyrim & Stonefalls as those were easier to find. The ones in AD territory though were a different story (will admit that the terrain didn't help). I wouldn't mind doing these so much if they were 'daily's' but doing them to level the skill line makes me dread doing them on all my alts :s

I also found the map confusing at times. It needs more distinguishing and clearer icons on it to help determine rift locations. It didn't help that the markers were often quite off.

I am loving the Augur of the Obscure though! Kudos to both his voice actor & the writers - he's hilarious! :D He also makes the rift quests slightly more bearable. I did notice however, that he never spoke when I closed one in Bangkorai. All the other places he did.
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How much of the main quest line needs to be done before you get access to the Psijic skill line quest?
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    How much of the main quest line needs to be done before you get access to the Psijic skill line quest?

Very little. 2nd or 3rd main line quest as I recall.
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    Were you able to easily acquire and advance the skill line?

Acquire, yes, after I found out, that you dont have to complete all the main quest to get to it.

Advance is pretty hard, as said above, not havin any wayshrines and doing all by riding (including that atm rapid manouver dismounts you every time casted). With my characters on live server it will go a lot faster I guess.

The maps:
    Since they re not very accurate, there is a lot of searching to do, for Iliac I spent 1,5 hours to get the first 3, kinda hang up on the north one (Glenumbra). I m sure there will be an addon to display them more accurate on the map. Besides of that, I suggest to include an option to leave the map open (minimized tho, but not closed) to have a bit orientation. I m using minimap and still had difficulties, with no map at all this will be very hard - especially to new players, who also are not equiped with addons from beginning.

What makes it harder on the first psijc maps is, that it doesnt scale with the original map, where deshan f.e. works pretty good as it scales almost perfectly and calling up the map right after looking on the psijc map you have a lot better orientation. Also I feel like the psijc maps for level beyond 5 are more accurate to read (more detail you can orientate on).

The quests
    I would like to see something more than just "go there, close it, go next" all over.
    I suggest giving an option to advance the skill line with other psijc quests, too. With less reward maybe, but something different than going from wayshrine to wayshrine. There should be an alternative to that imho. This way it is - well, lets be honest - just stretching the time to complete the skill line.
    Experienced players will still do this in one day (especially after pts and knowing where the spots are).
    [Edit] Also taking into count, that some ppl will have to do that on more than one character, it will really end up in grinding.

"Bugs"
    1. The tooltip on the experience bar from this skill line says, you need to complete quests for Celarus in order to advance - but its not him giving the quests.
    [Edit:] At least the first 2 quests came from Jesajeh. So it is only partially wrong

2. My game crashed a few times right in that moment, when the rift appeared (line of sight), never on the same rift, just on several. Overall like 6 crashes (only 2 of them gave me opportunity to fill out a report).

[Edit]: After reaching level 8 now, i can more precisely tell, that it gets easier when you advance (beyond 5-6 or so) but the start is pretty hard and for sure will be discouraging for new players (no wayshrines, no map knowledge, slow mounts (!), overall little game knowledge, probably die from monsters etc.).

Overall suggestion for skill line acquire and advance
    1. Make it more obvious, that this guy (forgot name) you get the quest from will give the skill line. He stands there as if he forgot his wallet, nothing leads to the skill line. Make him stand on a rune, cast skills or sth to pull more focus. I thought he was just having a casual quest and ignored at the beginning.
    2. Especially thinking of new players: Find a way to make the start of the journey (which is Iliac) a little easier, place hints, add a funny sound to the rifts, what do I know... anything that makes it less hard to find them. Increase difficulty with skill line progress, it is a lot easier later (due to the maps, as I wrote above) and you kinda get behind the "where would I hide it, if I made it". But the beginning should be more newbie friendly.
    3. Quests: well... thats no real quests for me. As said, maybe cross over the gain for the skill line with other psijic quests, with less advance then, but give an alternative possibilty. Else it will end up like skyshard and lore book farming and just be a pain in the ass to every new character created (who wants the skill line). I know it takes a lot of time to change that, but maybe someone in your team or players has some good ideas how to make this being more part of the story, rather then being a time consuming must-go-through. Or let me put it this way: the devs put a lot of work in that, it would be a shame if it will become something players hate.
    Edited by schattenkind on April 17, 2018 8:24PM
    PC - EU
    Primary: PvP: magSorc, magNB, PvE: DK Tank, Templar Heal
    Secondary: PvP: magDK, Templar, PvE: Warden something
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last quest seems to be bugged, it's not possible to unlock the ultimate at the moment.

Here's my thoughts on the skills (apart from Undo), I was able to test & morph all of them:

Time Freeze

Really awesome skill, it's much harder to avoid that stun than one would think (atleast with the Borrowed Time morph I tried out). I could definitely see myself using this as a delayed CC on many builds & try to combo other skills with the stun.

I'll have to try it out in bow builds specifically & see if they can "guarantee" (with good placement of the effect) that a snipe doesn't get dodged.

It also snares/stuns multiple enemies within the circle, meaning it can act as an area denial skill.

xjp76yskieb2.png

Imbued Weapon

Another really cool skill. The tooltip on it is a bit less than Surprise Attack, but more than Flying Blade.

Basically what this skill does is that it attaches that extra burst to your next light attack (which operate on a different cooldown than skills), meaning you can prebuff with Imbued Weapon & then go for your Incap/Leap/DBOS/Overload/whatever burst combo.

The buff has 2s duration, so this works with single target abilities - but if you try to do something like use a cast time ability and then land a light attack before the buff runs out, you won't have time for that.

It also pulls you out of cloak/sneak when used, meaning it's hard to utilize in ganking.

Solid skill, will definitely be using this on some builds.

It would be nice though if the healing from Crushing Weapon was stronger though, it ends up being really insignificant when you hit someone who mitigates a lot of damage. Maybe around 30% would be more ideal?

6400v2yobbw5.png

Accelerate

My favourite skill so far.

I'm definitely going to use this on my bow stamblade (replacing Evil Hunter on main bar), as it allows me to use other potions than speed potions and increases the burst damage with the Minor Force buff it provides.

The reason it's so good is because it can be cast while in sneak/cloak without those getting broken (like many other self buffs in game). I picked the Channeled Acceleration morph which triples the duration of the buffs, but also adds a cast time (which is not a big problem for a NB who can cast it while in cloak or sneaking).

tlcubzzvveig.png

Mend Wounds

Playing a stamina nightblade, I didn't find this skill particularly useful (you can't target yourself with it) - but maybe some dedicated healers out there will find it useful.

14qg1uqiynv9.png

Meditate

I really like this ability, lots of cool things you can do with it. I do struggle to find a skill slot for it on many builds though.

One "trick" I found out was going intro crouch & casting it while the eye is closing: this lets you Meditate while in sneak.

vgktrb2idoag.png

Leveling up the skill line was pretty quick (few hours), though I skipped all dialogue of the quests etc

I also found a couple of the Psijic portals, which are kinda like those Thieves Guild boxes in that they are found around Tamriel & grant you some stuff when opened. Nice I suppose.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's basically degenerate except instead of 15% chance to heal yourself for 100% of the damage, it's a 100% chance to heal yourself for 15% of the damage. This won't be your reason to roll stamina.

That and other things will do it likely. I've been toying with the idea for a while with other things just missing key pieces.
    And 100% is great. I'll take more reliable sustain over a random burst.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, following the lights was much more enjoyable.
    I didn't mind the rifts in Skyrim & Stonefalls as those were easier to find. The ones in AD territory though were a different story (will admit that the terrain didn't help). I wouldn't mind doing these so much if they were 'daily's' but doing them to level the skill line makes me dread doing them on all my alts :s

I also found the map confusing at times. It needs more distinguishing and clearer icons on it to help determine rift locations. It didn't help that the markers were often quite off.

I am loving the Augur of the Obscure though! Kudos to both his voice actor & the writers - he's hilarious! :D He also makes the rift quests slightly more bearable. I did notice however, that he never spoke when I closed one in Bangkorai. All the other places he did.

Is this repeatable infinitely every day? If so, it sounds a lot like the dark brotherhood contracts and Elam Drals, who was also hilarious.
    I think I'm going to enjoy this.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DDuke

Thanks for the writeup. That doesn’t sound good at all. Hopefully this won’t turn into new cheese. It sure has the potential if you go by your descriptions.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Bugs"
    The tooltip on the experience bar from this skill line says, you need to complete quests for Celarus in order to advance - but its not him giving the quests.

This reminds me of Bolgrul's Undaunted Dailies.
    He still says for you to get the trained bantam guar named "Tasty Legs" from the delve Claw's Strike in Reaper's March, but that thing hasn't had that name on the actual item you get in your inventory for over a year now.
    I have /bugged it multiple times and they just changed it a few months ago from one wrong name to another now named "Wobble Leg" or something similar.

It would be nice if they both got a quick pass to correct the names.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Mend Wounds

Playing a stamina nightblade, I didn't find this skill particularly useful (you can't target yourself with it) - but maybe some dedicated healers out there will find it useful.

14qg1uqiynv9.png

Great post, thanks!

Mend Wounds sounds interesting... but ~ 1200 health over 10 seconds? *lol* that rather be 12.000 health over 10 seconds or so, maybe a 0 is missing. I mean 120hp/s is abysmal. The heavy attack healing sounds nice. What's the animation for a 2hander or staff?

And could you please do this for the passives as well?

@DDuke
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -