Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

ESO : Summerset Datamine

• VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    Wouldn't Jewerly crafting break the game?

Would we be able to craft trial sets? if not, then why have it in? Cause people are always going to want trial sets.

We aren't able to craft trial armors, so I guess it'll be the same with jewelry. What we'll be able to do, though, I think, will be to upgrade the jewelry to golden quality. I do expect the upgrading materials to be very difficult to get, though, and I suppose expensive on Guild Stores.
    Also, there'll perhaps be some new furnishing schematics, too. We'll know a bit more tonight. :smile:
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Remember not to anger the Devs:

or...

alien_queen___rip_giger_by_hideyoshi-d7i9tw4.jpg

Gina's true form will show.

From what videogame the Alien Queen of the image appears? or its a fan-art?

Fan art! The link guess to the artist's Deviant Art webpage!

But that's the Alien queen from the Aliens movie that came out in 1986! Watch it, best 80's movie out there.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pc_dlc_ss_chapterupgrade.jpg

Official lore for Summerset Isles architecture:
    Human traders were only allowed at its ports, and they described the city as 'made from glass or insect wings.' Less fantastic accounts come from the Imperial emissaries of the Reman Dynasty, which describe the city as straight and glimmering, 'a hypnotic swirl of ramparts and impossibly high towers, designed to catch the light of the sun and break it to its component colors, which lies draped across its stones until you are thankful for nightfall."

ZOS's interpretation of the lore:
    "Sounds like they build castles with stone!"

I'll remain hopeful until we see Alinor with in game footage. I was impressed with how ZOS built Vivec, Balmora, and Ald-Ruhn, so I'm not giving up yet. But if they really have spent the past year building this place without any attention to lore whatsoever... I might be skipping this one. I already have to stay away from Valenwood as it is, for how insanely lore inaccurate that place is.
    Options
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am honestly confused, is this fake news? :#

Because this is not what it says when you hit the translate button my browser seems to provide, it says this:

Together with today's update , new materials have been added to the game files - and they are directly related to Summerset! For example, on boot screens, you can see the Arteium, some dungeons and ruins, spiral web of Spiral Hound, refuge of criminals Alinor and much more. The logo of the new chapter will repeat the standard symbol of The Elder Scrolls Online - uroboros, but it will become silvery and decorated with leaves. And the main thing is that the name of the new chapter - Summerset became known , and it will be available this June!

In the new chapter The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset, you will go to the homeland of the high elves. Epic history will continue in completely new territories, the game will have a new branch of abilities and the opportunity to join the Psijic Order in their mission of saving the world. All this and much more - in June!

A gift for those who made the pre-order will be the driving night of the nightmare - and it will be sent to you immediately after the purchase of the chapter. The pre-order includes a certain set of associated with the Psijiki, as well as a map of Summerset's treasures.
    Options
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think spellcrafting will be a dream come true someday...
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
    Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If i hear neither necromancy or spell crafting my hype will die. Just need one for now.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    Options
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jewelry crafting and a skill line (along with the usual Trial) seems weak. Jewelry crafting is a base game update at best.

And once again, stop adding Trials till you get some decent social tools in the game. It’s pointless and participation could be a million times higher with an LFG interface.
    Options
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Motifs will become a thing of the past - you heard it here first.

That will make Master Writs an issue... Right now, Motif knowledge is tied to MW drop rates. Take away motifs and they’ll have to redo crafting. I’m not against the idea, but ZoS is known better for band-aiding problems, not doing a rewrite.
    Options
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Motifs will become a thing of the past - you heard it here first.

That will make Master Writs an issue... Right now, Motif knowledge is tied to MW drop rates. Take away motifs and they’ll have to redo crafting. I’m not against the idea, but ZoS is known better for band-aiding problems, not doing a rewrite.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    And once again, stop adding Trials till you get some decent social tools in the game. It’s pointless and participation could be a million times higher with an LFG interface.
    That's hardly fair on all the guilds and communities who manage to organise themselves to do them.

We shouldn't penalise them because some people don't want to put in any more effort that "push button; receive group", I am not saying adding it to group finder is bad or shouldn't come to the game. However we shouldn't hold up content for those putting the effort in to appease those who don't.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this is certainly a bit visually underwhelming for me. I really hope the first image isn’t Alinor. What happened to the skyscrappers made of colored glass? Where’s the coral ruins at Eton Nir? Another “transcription error”? I guess I should’ve expected this.
    Edited by psychotrip on March 21, 2018 3:07PM
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks dissapointed,

one skill line, jewlery crafting and some story stuff is not worth to spend 60 $!
    Options
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    That's hardly fair on all the guilds and communities who manage to organise themselves to do them.

We shouldn't penalise them because some people don't want to put in any more effort that "push button; receive group", I am not saying adding it to group finder is bad or shouldn't come to the game. However we shouldn't hold up content for those putting the effort in to appease those who don't.

Except that’s not what I said at all. I didn’t say “Put all normal and vet trials” into Activity Finder. I said: “Improve in game social tools”. Something like FFXIV’s interface or even WoW’s, which precludes actual difficult content from an insta-queue but still allows people to widely advertise for instances/ compositions/ skill levels. What could possibly be wrong with that? Right now, you’re either in a Trials guild or shouting in Craglorn. How is that respectful of a player’s or community’s time? That’s EQ circa 12 years ago. C’mon.

And just because we’ve been managing with sub-par social tools so far shouldn’t be an acceptance of our fate. That’s Stockholm syndrome at its finest.
    Options
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »
    MrCray78 wrote: »
    @MyKillv2.0 But we have Jewellry Crafting

No doubt. I am actually interested to see how Jewelry Crafting actually turns out. I hope they touch on it tonight during the podcast/hype show. If you are able to make jewelry for already established craftable sets, I will be thrilled! However since they did not increase willpower/agility a few patches ago when they increased the 2-4 set bonuses... I have a sneaky feeling that the new jewelry crafting will be just adding versions of these items which will mean craftable 3 set jewelry. Not a total waste, by any means but limits the doors, rather than expanding upon them.

...However we will see. But I do agree. I am excited about jewelry crafting, to whatever extent they choose to take it.

honestly, i had assumed that with jewelry crafting the ability to make, say, Ring of Julianos was a given. but now that you say that about the other sets i'm more apprehensive.

my greater concern (until you shook my apple cart :)) was if we'll be allowed to improve existing jewelry drops. it would have to feel very expensive to gold out dungeon and trial drops to feel fair (and i wonder if they'd draw a distinction in cost between those too) and even so it will probably devalue the Golden vendor. i just hope it's not so expensive that it doesn't devalue the Golden vendor.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except that’s not what I said at all. I didn’t say “Put all normal and vet trials” into Activity Finder. I said: “Improve in game social tools”. Something like FFXIV’s interface or even WoW’s, which precludes actual difficult content from an insta-queue but still allows people to widely advertise for instances/ compositions/ skill levels. What could possibly be wrong with that? Right now, you’re either in a Trials guild or shouting in Craglorn. How is that respectful of a player’s or community’s time? That’s EQ circa 12 years ago. C’mon.

And just because we’ve been managing with sub-par social tools so far shouldn’t be an acceptance of our fate. That’s Stockholm syndrome at its finest.
    I'm fine with any updates to the tools, but as someone in two guilds (both open communities for anyone of any skill level) I don't want to be without new content to play with them.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So here my question with jewelry crafting. Will we only be able to craft and improve/work with jewelry from already crafted sets? Or will we be able to upgrade/improve dropped jewelry from dungeons/trials/overland sets?

I'm tempted to think that we will only be able to craft a piece of jewelry for a crafted set in a particular color and then will not be able to upgrade it, or we will only be able to upgrade the jewelry from the crafted sets. I feel like if they allow us to upgrade all jewelry it will make the golden irrelevant and drastically decrease the possible rewards from vet trials. I guess it's possible the mats to make a piece gold will be extremely rare and expensive to make the other sources of gold jewelry still viable sources but I don't want it to be like that.

With all of that being said I would love to be able to upgrade the jewelry I've gotten out of nHoF...
    Options
  • jevans1342nub18_ESO
    Hmm. Blood Shadow Steeds and Nightmare Senches don't seem very Summerset-y to me. Jewelry crafting might be interesting, and nothing that obviously leads to spellcrafting.

As a crafter, I can't say I'm thrilled with a style that is outfit system only. Much less than thrilled, in fact, due to the cost of per-character outfit slots.

I hope the new housing isn't going to be in those caverns shown in the loading screens. I'd really like to see some crystal spires, and views of the islands. Come to think of it, no definite housing reference is in this datamine.

I guess we'll find out when the devs do the reveal, because I really want to like the Summerset Isles, I love Auridon, and want more High Elfy stuff.
    Options
  • jetplane_18
    jetplane_18
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm this is very exciting and all but feels, idk... Kinda bare? Skill lines and cosmetics are fun and all but other than the new area there doesn't seem a whole new lot of new things are going on besides jewelry crafting. Donr get me wrong, it's exciting but Morrowind has a trial, a new class, and battlegrounds
    Options
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    If this is accurate, I cannot wait to watch the forums explode and burn everything to the ground when they realize that Spellcrafting will not be apart of Chapter II.

I never saw any evidence that spellcrafting WOULD be a part of chapter 2. Not sure how that notion became so popular with the forumfolk.

We speculated and people wanted to believe it.

Either way if it doesn't have spell crafting, it has to have a new class. If it has neither, I'm not spending 50 dollars to run around flirting with NPCs.

If the Psijik skill line is just 5 skills + Ultimate + passives I will be very disappointed. That really adds nothing substantial to the game.

Depends on power of those abilities still.

No it doesn't. It just doesn't carry an entire Chapter even if it's the best skill line ever.

Yes, it does.
    Options
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is accurate, I cannot wait to watch the forums explode and burn everything to the ground when they realize that Spellcrafting will not be apart of Chapter II.

I never saw any evidence that spellcrafting WOULD be a part of chapter 2. Not sure how that notion became so popular with the forumfolk.

Either way if it doesn't have spell crafting, it has to have a new class. If it has neither, I'm not spending 50 dollars to run around flirting with NPCs.

If the Psijik skill line is just 5 skills + Ultimate + passives I will be very disappointed. That really adds nothing substantial to the game.

i didn't expect to ever become a Psiijic (apart from single-player + HAX) but i assumed if ESO included it, it would have to be a World or Guild Skill Line (like Mages Guild or Vampire). think of this: no one is born a Psiijic; they're recruited, and if they don't pass muster they're kicked out. they don't even sell class change tokens, so there's no way to stop being a Dragon Knight, but the lore definitely has that Order prescribed as joiners and members. it's not immutable like class.

but, well, that's just like, my opinion, man.
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some old datamining on spellcrafting, which apparently isn't making it into this Chapter, but I thought people would like to see the link. (Sorry if someone else already posted this first.)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/2xpn39/data_mining_spellcrafting_what_is_it_and_what_are/
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    pc_dlc_ss_chapterupgrade.jpg

Official lore for Summerset Isles architecture:
    Human traders were only allowed at its ports, and they described the city as 'made from glass or insect wings.' Less fantastic accounts come from the Imperial emissaries of the Reman Dynasty, which describe the city as straight and glimmering, 'a hypnotic swirl of ramparts and impossibly high towers, designed to catch the light of the sun and break it to its component colors, which lies draped across its stones until you are thankful for nightfall."

ZOS's interpretation of the lore:
    "Sounds like they build castles with stone!"

I'll remain hopeful until we see Alinor with in game footage. I was impressed with how ZOS built Vivec, Balmora, and Ald-Ruhn, so I'm not giving up yet. But if they really have spent the past year building this place without any attention to lore whatsoever... I might be skipping this one. I already have to stay away from Valenwood as it is, for how insanely lore inaccurate that place is.

This is my fear as well. Alinor (the captital) is the most important thing about Summerset for me and I dreamed about it for years. If this city on the photo is Alinor, I will be greatly dissapointed. It was said to be unique, exotic, unlike anything else. Yet appearently, just another boring stone bastion.
    Edited by Dracane on March 21, 2018 3:35PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swippy wrote: »

i didn't expect to ever become a Psiijic (apart from single-player + HAX) but i assumed if ESO included it, it would have to be a World or Guild Skill Line (like Mages Guild or Vampire). think of this: no one is born a Psiijic; they're recruited, and if they don't pass muster they're kicked out. they don't even sell class change tokens, so there's no way to stop being a Dragon Knight, but the lore definitely has that Order prescribed as joiners and members. it's not immutable like class.

I agree with you and it should be a guild skill line as you said. I just don't think that it should be the centerpiece of a Chapter. A skill line (like Mage's or Fighter's Guild) is just not big enough to be one of the main features of a Chapter. It could work as a DLC thing but compared to an entire class or battlegrounds a usual skill line is like... nothing.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

Depends on power of those abilities still.

No it doesn't. It just doesn't carry an entire Chapter even if it's the best skill line ever.

Yes, it does.

No. It barely could carry an entire DLC and now it's possibly the main feature of a Chapter - of something that gave us an entirely new class last year?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swippy wrote: »

I agree with you and it should be a guild skill line as you said. I just don't think that it should be the centerpiece of a Chapter. A skill line (like Mage's or Fighter's Guild) is just not big enough to be one of the main features of a Chapter. It could work as a DLC thing but compared to an entire class or battlegrounds a usual skill line is like... nothing.
    Surely the centrepiece of the chapter is the story and content though. I know that expansions always come with that "cool new thing" but their main points have always been the story and extra content.

Those saying no class means less value are interesting considering we don't yet know if Summerset is the same size as Morrowind. If it was 4x the size in story and maps, but lacked a class would that still be "less value"?
    Options
  • Rawst
    Rawst
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy about jewelry crafting, not too bothered about spellcrafting.

But if they want to sell this at the same price as Morrowind, it should have yuuuge things like Morrowind (BGs, Warden), because jewelry crafting and a single skill line doesn't even come close to a new class or gameplay mode.
    Beasts in amber! Wake and remember!
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are people seeing a nightmare senche? I see a thumbnail of a cool-looking horse, but not a senche.
    Options
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psijic skill line active skills could be craftable...
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
    Options
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm fine with any updates to the tools, but as someone in two guilds (both open communities for anyone of any skill level) I don't want to be without new content to play with them.

I understand that—no one like a content drought of what they enjoy. I supposed I was being somewhat hyperbolic. Still, looking at trophy completion rates, less that 0.05% of the population (on average, lower for the harder Trials) has EVER completed even a normal trial! That’s astronomically low and something needs to be done to increase interest and accessibily. A proper LFG interface is much needed and overdue. There, people can post learning parties, clear parties, and die-hard achievement or farm runs.

LFGs help to build communities and interest in content. Often savvy guilds will use these tools to fill spots and/ or scout/ recruit. I ended up getting an invite to the Order of the Blue Garter, a hugely prestighous world first guild, in FFXIV, just from taking a random Duty Finder spot that looked interesting to me (and sadly don’t play with them anymore as I’m not into FFXIV).

I would really like to see some enhancements to both social tools and guild stores (a search function PLEASE). These are basic quality of life fixes with no downsides.
    Options
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just excited about the Gryphon/Griffin finally being in ESO. I wonder if it'll be a mount?
    PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 1600+
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow

***Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order***
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
    Options