Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are the gold costs for outfit changes too dang high?

Yolokin_Swagonborn
Yolokin_Swagonborn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
KwJiJ0o.png
Discuss
Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on February 13, 2018 1:55AM

Are the gold costs for outfit changes too dang high? 452 votes

Yes, the outfit gold costs are too dang high
75%
SoleyaAnthony_Arndtfastolfv_ESOKensei_ESOnexxus_ESOKikazaruvailjohn_ESOMoloch1514mesnaElventcameron90_ESOmikeleg34_ESOUriel_NocturneNuketastic2300agabahmeatshieldb14_ESONewBlacksmurfBowsercalitrumanb14_ESOCheveyoFutrix 340 votes
No, they are about right
24%
WatchYourSixxWhitePawPrintssParkSnareAcrolasArobainRudyardPlagueSDKasMadyDracaneGigasaxGaldorPchess1ukb16_ESOJD2013ValerienRebaubrey.baconb16_ESOzariathomas1970b16_ESODolgubon 112 votes
  • AddiZ
    AddiZ
    ✭✭✭
    I do not know since i cant play the game untill tomorrow :cry:
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AddiZ wrote: »
    I do not know since i cant play the game untill tomorrow :cry:

This :P
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ând how am I supposed to answer, while waiting another 24 hours before I can play again???
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you that don't go on the PTS, we tried to advocate on your behalf. We really tried.

We also suggested a FLAT COST for changes. Similar to how it costs 3k to change champion points. No arbitrary higher costs for other motifs. No dice.

Well, @Recremen did all the work in hiscomplete review of the outfit system on the PTS and I just gave moral support. :grin:

Other threads are here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/389196/gold-cost-for-outfitting-must-go/p1
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/390949/not-that-expensive/p1
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/391339/outfitting-should-have-no-gold-cost-for-subscribers/p1
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on February 12, 2018 7:37PM
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    ând how am I supposed to answer, while waiting another 24 hours before I can play again???

For those of you who can't log in yet. Here is a screenshot. I tried to max out the gold cost to show the maximum but there might be a way to make it even higher.

M4BMx1F.jpg
    Pink swords are a thing now. Somewhere out there Paul Sage senses a disturbance in the force.

Remember that is is on EVERY character you make, since these are character wide and not account wide. So if you want all your characters to look a certain way, you have to pay for the same thing over and over. Note also that the costs in outfit tokens doesn't change no matter how high you get the gold cost. If those motifs are really worth more, then the token cost should increase too.

r7350F0.png
    Note that this is about $3 at current crown costs. Not much if you did it once but you will have to pay it again if you want to change JUST ONE DYE or one item since it costs to make ANY changes.

Spent tons of time and money farming rare motifs?
    kp58Ydn.png
    Now you get to pay for the privilege of using your own motifs from your own collection. I could see this cost justified if you didn't own the motif, but to charge you to use something you already payed for? Really?
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on February 12, 2018 8:24PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Higher than many players want to pay, yes.

High enough to push me towards using the Crown Store tokens, no.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    either make outfit slots cheaper or gold costs lower...one of the two
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should be free for everyone, or at least for ESO+ members.
    It's just another unnecessary gold sink.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's deliberately set high to sell tokens. A gold sink this large may cause deflation as well, effectively making prices even higher than they seem right now.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So they should be higher then. :trollface:
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, they are about right
    Honestly it should cost more. It is to cheap.
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the outfit system should be enjoyable for all players: the poor newcomers and the veteran millionaires.
    It's bad enough that the housing system is so expensive.
  • psilverelf
    psilverelf
    Soul Shriven
    I have already provided my feedback in game and stated my displeasure at the costs.

I modified the one free outfit slot fully and depending on my choices, it cost between 10,000 and a bit over 14,000 gold to fully set an outfit.

I am by no means rich. Compared with many players that I know have literally millions of gold, I am a pauper.

I will state now, I will not spend anymore gold or use any crowns going towards this outfit system in its current state.

Please reconsider the costs that have been set, and make them more reasonable. I really don't care at this point if every player in ESO calls my toons ugly, it will not change my opinion.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got 4 million gold across my characters, so if ZOS starts pricing the outfit gold sink to hit my bank account, the rest of y'all are going to suffer.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There should be no cost at all associated with this system. We already spent the time/money collecting all these motifs and colors and now we are being charged to use things we already own? This is one giant racket designed to yet sink more gold from players so they have to spend more time farming gold.
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, they are about right
    I think they're fair. They could stand to adjust what they consider rare a little bit, but otherwise I think it's reasonable. I paid like 4k for my entire outfit when I set it up earlier.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have 3342 gold. I guess I gotta reach out for my credit card to use this new feature :neutral:
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, they are about right
    Economy needs gold sinks
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got 4 million gold across my characters, so if ZOS starts pricing the outfit gold sink to hit my bank account, the rest of y'all are going to suffer.

Yeah gold sinks work just about as well as taxes when you have such a huge wealth disparity.

But lets not kid ourselves. This isn't intended as a gold sink. That much is obvious.
    red_emu wrote: »
    I have 3342 gold. I guess I gotta reach out for my credit card to use this new feature :neutral:

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on February 12, 2018 6:47PM
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

there is no such thing as an unnecessary gold sink...
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

there is no such thing as an unnecessary gold sink...

sml_Form_30_Arc_30_Gold_ambient_1400x.jpg?v=1425208211
    Edited by red_emu on February 12, 2018 6:47PM
    PC - EU:
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nihility42 wrote: »
    I think they're fair. They could stand to adjust what they consider rare a little bit, but otherwise I think it's reasonable. I paid like 4k for my entire outfit when I set it up earlier.

how? when I tried just dyes. nothing else just dyes. it cost me 1k gold. PER PIECE. just to dye all 3 channels.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahaha lol :D Ive realy thought about buing some more slots for outfits but when I see prices like that? xD lol :D I wont even use outfits so I don't need more outfit slots. Hah now you can mess with EU server for how long you want, my hype is gone :) Amazing job when it goes to destroying this patch ZO$ :) Netflix here I come, at least they are not as greedy :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, they are about right

Or farm for like 30 minutes
  • Agobi
    Agobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game has been reduced to a cash cow...and Zo$ is milking hard...so I am not surprised by these prices :D

Good thing I am not paying a sub anymore ;)
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the whole gold requirement absurd. We farmed these motifs, spent gold to buy them or money to earn them through the crown store. Now we are forced to pay, and even more for the rare motifs, to apply them to our characters. In my opinion they should have been selling only the outfit slots for crowns. They should lower the prices at least by 50% and reward the eso plus subscribers with 2-3 tokens each month or allow them to modify their outfits without spending gold. The Dye station was perfect. Either you would buy dyes with crowns or earn them by achievements and apply them for free on any piece of gears or costume you had in your possession. I hope ZOS listens to this feedback from all of us and reconsiders its decisions.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nihility42 wrote: »

Or farm for like 30 minutes

Farm what? Wheat? Barley? And where's the field?
    PC - EU:
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be free for everyone...

Fixed that for you.
    Why would anyone be paying.....it’s literally things we can already craft for free (less crafting materials)
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 12, 2018 6:53PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Robvenom
    Robvenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, they are about right
    The price is fine.
    Puppet the Peanut - Templar Tank/Healer
  • Sir_Xalvador
    Sir_Xalvador
    ✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

For those of you who can't log in yet. Here is a screenshot. I tried to max out the gold cost to show the maximum but there might be a way to make it even higher.

u6QqVsW.jpg
    Pink swords are a thing now. Somewhere out there Paul Sage senses a disturbance in the force.

Remember that is is on EVERY character you make, since these are character wide and not account wide. So if you want all your characters to look a certain way, you have to pay for the same thing over and over. Note also that the costs in outfit tokens doesn't change no matter how high you get the gold cost. If those motifs are really worth more, then the token cost should increase too.

This price is way to high and just want to know what happened to the one free outfit on patch notes 3.3.0 dragon bones that @ZOS_GinaBruno typed up on Feb 8th, it stated. I know it was 4 days ago but wow really ????
    Multiple Outfits
    Everyone will receive one free customizable outfit per character, and can unlock additional outfits in the Crown Store. These outfits are character-specific, so you can customize each character uniquely right off the bat!