The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

sorcs

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing about stealing a kill is it doesn't mean anything about the class.

You literally are relying on a different class to get your opponent within execute range.

And of course BGs are the one place Sorcs Excel at.

Only 1 of 5 game modes require combat (20%) meaning a class that excels at NOT BEING IN COMBAT will do well.

Your argument is that sorc is OP when not fighting...

Think about that
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. That is some next-level rationalization right there.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »
    See, the denial will come. This guy think cause I mentioned fury spam that I don't know how to play. Sadly, it's just something I did as an experiment that yielded more points than actually playing. Now that is the definition of broken...

If you think sorc is easy and a win button take it to Cyrodiil and don't surf the zerg.

You could say that about any class. You're basically saying "if you think that's easy, make it harder for yourself."

LOL

And I did BTW. It was actually impossible to die thanks to Streak.

Bring your Sorc to the next open Legend dueling tourney. Try fighting some people that know how to play. Edit: here’s the Legend thread. Please look at past winners and find me a mag Sorc in the top three since the last patch. Only ONE made top five in the last year or so.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/381945/legend-tournament-series-4-tourneys-this-week-faso-streaming#latest

Try fighting people that know how to gap close, streak has a multiplicative cost increase. Gap closers don’t.
    Try fighting people that dodge and cloak your burst
    Try fighting people that purge your curse constantly.
    Try fighting people that can outheal and block most of your damage.

Frankly most classes played correctly, especially stamina specs, will take you apart.

Look. I’m sorry Templar is in such a sorry state, but the answer isn’t to nerf a class you think is easy/better, that’s potato-thinking. Templar needs some serious love since they got cut to pieces last year by ZOS.
    Edited by Minalan on February 9, 2018 9:19PM
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I fully support, let's remove sorc execute. It steals my kills in BGs and kills me when there is a sorc in enemy team... :neutral:

Idk how I feel about implosion, but it's better to remove it too, since it kills me from time to time. Or maybe just rework it into stamina-only passive just for physical dmg? I have nothing against stamsorcs after all.

And remove curse of course too, it pulls my shiny stamblade out from cloak, and I want perma-stealth one-shooting playstyle. PvP is supposed to be fun for me, right? Right???

Frags may stay, though -20% dmg change can be nice, but it's up to you ZoS.

Am I ready to join nerf sorc club now? Or I'm not enough moronic as our dear OP is? I can create one more nerf sorc thread if you ask, guys, just let me know.
    Edited by Neloth on February 9, 2018 10:15PM
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are streaking away all the time, you aren't killing anything are you ?

• PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Burst damage is just reeeeeetarded.

The class is literally a win button.

Is this a troll post ? . Its either that or you are completely ignorant about the burst damage that other classes do. Or maybe you spam jesus beam at full health and compare that burst to a sorc's
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on February 9, 2018 11:10PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight isn't the top dog class, yet they get their nerfs when something is bs with them.

Don't see why sorcs get to keep their bs because they are ''weak'' to you.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight isn't the top dog class, yet they get their nerfs when something is bs with them.

I figured this would happen sooner or later. DK’s get reamed in the patch notes, and now they want Sorc to get nerfed too.

The biggest ‘nerf’ you DK’s received is that a lot of your skills are going to be dodgable. That is a huge buff for medium armor stamina builds. Sorcs don’t dodge roll much, we can’t more than a couple of times. Save your outrage for the stamina nightblades who roll all around the map, with their stealth and high burst.

We didn’t ask for DK nerfs.
    We don’t really benefit from them, in fact your new four second proc heal will make you even stronger against Sorc.
    DKs are still going to be pretty damn good post patch in PVP.
    We will ALL have to adapt to the new dodge roller meta.
    Medium armor builds might actually be viable again, which isn’t a bad thing since we’ll see more than just heavy armor builds and bathrobe Sorcs in the game.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thead is a joke or a 10/10 troll post
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

I figured this would happen sooner or later. DK’s get reamed in the patch notes, and now they want Sorc to get nerfed too.

The biggest ‘nerf’ you DK’s received is that a lot of your skills are going to be dodgable. That is a huge buff for medium armor stamina builds. Sorcs don’t dodge roll much, we can’t more than a couple of times. Save your outrage for the stamina nightblades who roll all around the map, with their stealth and high burst.

We don’t really benefit from them, in fact your new four second proc heal will make you even stronger against Sorc.
    Medium armor builds might actually be viable again, which isn’t a bad thing since we’ll see more than just heavy armor builds and bathrobe Sorcs in the game.

I don't even play a magicka Dk. I am a stamDK main, and I can't count how many damn times I got killed in the middle of a dodge roll because of the stupid undodgeable-unblockable magsorc burst.

Do you know the difference?

I can actually pop a potion and run far, far away from a magDK. but not the case with magsorcs.

You just prove my point here.

Its ''broken'' when its magDk, but its ''absolutely balanced'' when its your favourite sorcs.

And medium builds won't be viable. the only viable thing will be nightblades and sorcs in PvP. also stamdens because who doesn't love some good old pay to win?
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 10, 2018 12:55AM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

I don't even play a magicka Dk. I am a stamDK main, and I can't count how many damn times I got killed in the middle of a dodge roll because of the stupid undodgeable-unblockable magsorc burst.

Do you know the difference?

I can actually pop a potion and run far, far away from a magDK. but not the case with magsorcs.

You just prove my point here.

Its ''broken'' when its magDk, but its ''absolutely balanced'' when its your favourite sorcs.

And medium builds won't be viable. the only viable thing will be nightblades and sorcs in PvP. also stamdens because who doesn't love some good old pay to win?

You died to curse? Because the rest of it is dodgable or blockable. All of it.

Streak: blockable
    Wrath: dodgable
    Frags: everything works against frags
    Curse: purgable, but not dodgable or blockable.

Wow that huge curse. Please nerf this ridiculous delayed damage skill.

If you’re mad about the Destro ult, that’s not a Sorc skill. I agree that needs to be toned down, but everyone uses that (especially magblades, to wicked effect)

If you’re mad about Sorcs using dawnbreaker, that’s a FIGHTERS guild ultimate. We don’t even get any CP or class bonuses for physical damage.

PS: I never said MDK needed a huge nerf, stop putting words into my mouth.

PPS: P2W Stamdens. :lol: that’s a good one.
    Edited by Minalan on February 10, 2018 1:19AM
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The gameplay of sorcerers havent changed drastically in years and people still havent learned how to counter it :(

If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the great pity about Sorcs: They’re so good at killing potatoes that people still think they’re OP.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I complained a lot about sorc in 2017...but after various changes I think of them as less OP and just stupid. Stupid in the sense that they’re tankier than DKs in most scenarios, but can’t hit very hard. How did Zos manage to balance them into that?? It’s completely contrary to the original intent as a high damage ranged light armor class.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »
    See, the denial will come. This guy think cause I mentioned fury spam that I don't know how to play. Sadly, it's just something I did as an experiment that yielded more points than actually playing. Now that is the definition of broken...

If you think sorc is easy and a win button take it to Cyrodiil and don't surf the zerg.

You could say that about any class. You're basically saying "if you think that's easy, make it harder for yourself."

LOL

That actually hilarious, streak in defence terms needs a buff, no question. It's too costly now, and too short a distance as any gap closer can...well close the gap.

If you think spamming Fury will make you uber god of Cyrodiil best of luck to you.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shieldbreaker, magicka cost poison, buffed up oblivion damage...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »
    I really cannot understand the thought process behind having a long distance execution ability that is undodgeable to top it off and then add ability to have damage shields that in 1v1 encounters there is almost no point to even bother. I have been paying close eye to the death report details, about 8 out of 10 times when I die in Cyrodiil campaign is to endless fury explosion. I agree that every class needs to have their bs to make them strong somewhere but there is a limit there, like nightblades have their clo... oh wait sorc takes that away too with huge hit box unavoidable stun attack that takes a lot of space.

My two cents that is really the only thing about pvp I have grown to dislike, is mag sorc. Too tanky for 1 button press spam (oblivion enchantment doesn't hit +15k to take them out so don't even bother with that, stuns are not frequent enough to stop them from moving all together and they got insane surge to escape if things seem going south)

quoted for truth.
    well written and it's been that way since beta 2013.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is time for a change.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really cannot understand the thought process behind having a long distance execution ability that is undodgeable to top it off and then add ability to have damage shields that in 1v1 encounters there is almost no point to even bother. I have been paying close eye to the death report details, about 8 out of 10 times when I die in Cyrodiil campaign is to endless fury explosion. I agree that every class needs to have their bs to make them strong somewhere but there is a limit there, like nightblades have their clo... oh wait sorc takes that away too with huge hit box unavoidable stun attack that takes a lot of space.

My two cents that is really the only thing about pvp I have grown to dislike, is mag sorc. Too tanky for 1 button press spam (oblivion enchantment doesn't hit +15k to take them out so don't even bother with that, stuns are not frequent enough to stop them from moving all together and they got insane surge to escape if things seem going south)

As a NB i dont mind sorc mainly because i don't come across many good ones in cyro. but when they are good they are good.

I HATE MAGICKA DK!!!! ARGHSHDSD perma root is just stupid.

Shuffle? Not be a vamp?
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

quoted for truth.

Your knowledge fits your name.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    it is time for a change.

There hasn’t been a ‘nerf Sorc!’ thread without you vomiting all over it since at least 2016.

You got what you wanted. The nerfs are enough. If they aren’t - please cancel your account if you’re this bad. That’d be a great change
    Edited by Minalan on February 10, 2018 10:07PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be embarrassed to admit in public that I struggle Vs. mag sorcs in 2018.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every sorc i encouter is able to streak away atleast 4 consecutive times, gaining tremendous distance, before re gathering up resources to either streak away again or fight a near stamina exhausted opponent.

They are very strong class all around.

Great passives
    Great burst
    Range
    Best ranged attack in frags
    Best resource management
    Best wards
    Best escapability
    Best mobility
    Sorcs actually have the strongest heal spell
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played a templar for years. Just recently i created a magsorc as well as a magblade and it was a real eye opener.

I literally wasted all those years playing a inferior all around class. Never again will i play non metta.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    I played a templar for years. Just recently i created a magsorc as well as a magblade and it was a real eye opener.

I literally wasted all those years playing a inferior all around class. Never again will i play non metta.

Have you played as and against proper Stamden? You're far from meta, young pupil.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    If you are complaining about sorcs in 2018, you're a terrible player. No two ways about it.

^^^

It’s kinda sad but completely true. Ironically most of the qq comes from really bad players who build to gank one target in Xv1 and then whisper salty msgs when it doesn’t work out.

But that’s PvP. Can’t have PvP without people raging whenever they get killed and looking for any excuse as to how they, basically the best player, could have been beaten :lol:

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every sorc i encouter is able to streak away atleast 4 consecutive times, gaining tremendous distance, before re gathering up resources to either streak away again or fight a near stamina exhausted opponent.

They are very strong class all around.

Great passives
    Great burst
    Range
    Best ranged attack in frags
    Best resource management
    Best wards
    Best escapability
    Best mobility
    Sorcs actually have the strongest heal spell

Strongest heal spell? Please. Healing ward is usable by every class. The other ‘greatest heal’ is tied to a pet and thus is pretty terrible.

Strongest Resource management? Lol

I’d give this a 9/10 troll post for trying.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc really does have great resource management though. The class itself has alot going for it. It just doesn't fit in with the meta. Damage mitigation has gotten so high that sorcs just can't kill anything. the class is so burst oriented and lack any real pressure because of always having to reapply shields that if sorc burst damage isn't buffed they will have a hard time killing any min/max build. Zos went about nerfing sorcs the wrong way. they should've never messed with sorc burst damage and just nerfed shield stacking. In my opinion if it wasn't for double damage shields streak or frags would've never been nerfed. I honestly think they should just get rid of annulment all together and replace it with something else. It's becoming useless for all the Magicka classes anyway with all these great defensive light armor sets and restoration staff. After that zos could buff the damage of frags and make streak cost less resources so sorc can be a mobile burst class instead of playing like a turtle or turret
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorc would have great sustain if Dark Exchange would be an option in a close combat. It can get interrupted currently, by a simple weaved bash. Only if you can slip behind a tree in chaotic fights do you have a chance to pull it off. It'll get better for duels with new patch, but it's still very dangerous to lock yourself for two seconds with a 4k heal. We could use a passive or buff sustain tool.

Unholy Knowledge is a straight backhand slap from ZOS. It reduces cost by 15%? Then why is every single skill on my bar still 50% more exepensive than on my MagNB? Effectively, this passive is useless, as it is already considered in sorc skill base cost. Honestly, sorc skills should get reduced base cost. 15% sounds right, then Unholy Knowledge on top of it.

I don't want Annulment removed. Nice for other mag classes. But it shouldn't stack with Hardened IF the sorc shield gets a bit of a buff, or sorc passive selfhealing does. As heals are mNB's forté, I would rather give Hardened an additional scaling defense. Is Minor Protection 15% reduced damage taken? Why not that? Helps 1vX and should be slightly squishier 1v1 than Hardened+Harness.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    oblivion enchantment doesn't hit +15k to take them out so don't even bother with that, stuns are not frequent enough to stop them from moving all together
    Sergykid wrote: »
    absorb shield amount higher than dps is already op, why they had to be able to teleport too. Like we choose between forward momentum and rally, so should they choose between high absorb or mobility.
    My conclusion: it's ALL about easy wins. I got to level 50 and threw on some basic magicka gear. Suddenly I'm topping BG scores and my K/D is through the roof.

I use 3 shields, I can't die.
    It was actually impossible to die thanks to Streak.
    quoted for truth.

Where am I? What have I wandered into? I feel like half the comments in here just came straight from under the bridge.

But nah totally, sorc is soooooo OP that I now rely on Destro Reach for my dmg and CC, resto ult for my heals, poisons for my sustain, and immove speed pots for my mobility.

TL:DR, nerf sorc!
    Edited by HoloYoitsu on February 11, 2018 6:24AM