The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Golden Vendor - 2018/01/05

• smokey13a
    smokey13a
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, we can confirm that the Giant Spider helm currently available from the Golden Vendor this weekend is an error, and not intended to be sold. We aren’t able to remove this item, but do want to encourage you not to purchase it since it doesn’t currently have a matching shoulder set. For anyone that already purchased the helm, we’ll be discussing options on Monday once everyone is back in the office. We apologize for the confusion this caused, and we’ll touch base with you in a few days.

Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno ,

since you posted this I've been thinking about what you could do with it and i came up with some ideas.

first: don't remove or change it and add the shoulder to the golden as well, quite a few people grabbed it if for no other reason then the novelty and as its not exactly OP or anything its just a quirky thing that makes no real difference to anything.

second: rename it, giant spider sounds terrible, you could even make renaming it a community project or something.

third: you should give it a makeover as you cant really have multiple monster sets that look the same or at the very least change the model used cos selene's be fugly :wink: , you could use like blood spawn's helm with swarm mothers shoulders or whatever to keep it unique.

and fourth:you need to add another way to get it other then the golden, I'm thinking add it to the loot table for chest's as a rare drop like Aetherial dust in nodes or maybe even better add it to dolmen chests if there's a general as a rare drop like Lich used to be.

just food for thought :smile:.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any update on this? I bought the mask prior to reading the forums.
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the giant spider cooldown is 1 sec where swarm mother is 2...
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    [PC][Consoles]

Ring of the Netch's Touch  - Arcane 250,000g / 500,000AP

......I have waited WEEKS and WEEKS and WEEKS for that stupid set to come in the Vendor so I can finally get the Necklace that never drops. And when it FINALLY does, it's a ring.

Every week you have commented asking for the necklace. Somebody at ZOS ****ing hates you.

Yknow what's funnier than poo? Today's daily was Darkshade. Final Boss actually dropped the neck I wanted, first try.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    Ohh to add to this, I sometimes manage to find dungeon pieces BoE in guild stores, I have found two this week. What is the deal with this?

Those sets used to be BoE. Some people still have pieces from the olden days that can be sold.

I found a BOE purple Hircine's necklace in my inventory 2 days ago; currently debating what I should put it on the guild trader for. I'm thinking 40k.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    Keep the item in the game. It's a collectors item with a unique one piece!
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
    RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
    Game: @TalosSeptim
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the giant spider cooldown is 1 sec where swarm mother is 2...

That's incorrect: both sets have a 1s cooldown. Back during the One Tamriel PTS in 2016, both sets had the same 2s cooldown. During the HotR patch, Swarm Mother's cooldown was reduced from 2s to 1s (patch notes link), and apparently Giant Spider's cooldown was affected as well by this change. Anyway, you should always check itemization in-game--never rely on a website for item stats.
    Swarm Mother: Decreased the cooldown of this Item Set’s proc to 1 second from 2 seconds.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    PSA: Do not buy the Giant Spider helm.

This is a leftover item that was first datamined during the One Tamriel PTS. It's one of the iterations of Swarm Mother that was apparently discarded. But somehow it remained in the itemization table as "what Swarm Mother could've been".

In any case, the shoulders are not obtainable in-game. And it is a separate and distinct set from Swarm Mother, so it cannot be paired with Swarm Mother shoulders.

I'm shocked, really, that this leftover bit from OT's development somehow made it into the Golden Vendor. Somebody at ZOS messed up. LOL.

"Somebody at ZOS messed up"... soo much, sooo many times, that I'm embarrassed for them.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

What is the action on this? I wanted the set but can't find the shoulder.
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no update?
  • Agrivar
    Agrivar
    ✭✭✭
    Still no update?

I second this! I bought one on purpose, for the one piece bonus, but I don't want to fiddle with the intended tank's existing gear until I know that I'm going to get to keep it! (tempted to gold it out too...)

PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Gina forgot about it :tongue:
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • GeminiImpact
    GeminiImpact
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Still no word about the fix for this? Will ZOS release the shoulder on the vendor tonight in order to resolve this issue?
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should add an option at the gold vendor to exchange the helmet. There should also be an option for the player requests a refund. Then the vendor starts laughing hysterically before a hard cut back to the option for the exchange. If they ever nerf a gold purchase helmet, they should add it to the exchange program.
  • NUKE65536
    NUKE65536
    ✭✭
    So when do we get our shoulders?
    I purchased the Helmet in Medium and want the shoulder in light.
    would fit my warden tank very nice, since 1pc bonus of swarm mother is not helpfull for perma block build.
  • Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    hm... 4% healing taken, instead of ordinary 2% done, so as 1pc it will be strong anyway...

my thoughts exactly! i am grabbing that, thank you!
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NUKE65536 wrote: »
    So when do we get our shoulders?
    I purchased the Helmet in Medium and want the shoulder in light.
    would fit my warden tank very nice, since 1pc bonus of swarm mother is not helpfull for perma block build.

You mean, of Giant Spider? Probably never. I seriously doubt it'll pop up again.
  • skywarnmc27
    skywarnmc27
    ✭✭✭
    Did a few days mean a few weeks?
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Could you please provide an update on the Spider Mask? Where can we get the shoulders, or if not what are the options?
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gorilla wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Could you please provide an update on the Spider Mask? Where can we get the shoulders, or if not what are the options?

Isn’t it pretty obvious this is a unintentional thing...? Like use your brain.

• Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the sale of the head piece was not inteded, there will be no shoulder piece on sale, obviously.
    Stop poking the bear, some people would like to keep the head piece. Thank you.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_GinaBruno

What are you doing about this?
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_GinaBruno

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_GinaBruno

This:
    Hey guys, we can confirm that the Giant Spider helm currently available from the Golden Vendor this weekend is an error, and not intended to be sold. We aren’t able to remove this item, but do want to encourage you not to purchase it since it doesn’t currently have a matching shoulder set. For anyone that already purchased the helm, we’ll be discussing options on Monday once everyone is back in the office. We apologize for the confusion this caused, and we’ll touch base with you in a few days.

Which is to say: shouldn't have bought it.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_GinaBruno

This:

Or, as with most, bought it without reading the forums to find out it shouldn't have been there.

So you'd be accurate if you wrote "shouldn't have been able to buy it".

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_GinaBruno

This:

Or, as with most, bought it without reading the forums to find out it shouldn't have been there.

With respect, nearly everyone who saw this one pop up knew something weird was going on. "Giant Spider... wait, WTF!?" If you grabbed it hoping for a neat goodie, then, I'm sorry, but that was never a likely outcome.

If you did buy it, now you've got a unique collectible. If you needed Swarm Mother, then Spindle I is stupidly easy as vet dungeons go, and you can, legitimately, PUG that. Yes, this is me, the guy who's always harping on how most PUGs spend half the dungeon licking toads, or standing in stupid, saying you can probably PUG Spindle I and get your helmet that way.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_GinaBruno

This:

With respect, nearly everyone who saw this one pop up knew something weird was going on. "Giant Spider... wait, WTF!?" If you grabbed it hoping for a neat goodie, then, I'm sorry, but that was never a likely outcome.

If you did buy it, now you've got a unique collectible. If you needed Swarm Mother, then Spindle I is stupidly easy as vet dungeons go, and you can, legitimately, PUG that. Yes, this is me, the guy who's always harping on how most PUGs spend half the dungeon licking toads, or standing in stupid, saying you can probably PUG Spindle I and get your helmet that way.

I don't know who saw what or understood that it was unintentional. She said they were going to address and I think it's reasonable to follow up. I didn't buy it for the collectible. But, maybe I am in the vast minority.

Agreed on SC1.
  • Agrivar
    Agrivar
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Still curious about this. Been a LOT longer than a few days...
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agrivar wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

*coughs* make it part of Swarm Mother *coughs*
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agrivar wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

You know when you call someone and they don't call back. Then you may even try again just to be sure they know you called and they still don't call back. There's a message in that silence. Sorry bro. She just doesn't love this helmet relationship anymore. It's over and everyone has what they have.
This discussion has been closed.