Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Why you should NOT buy multiple houses ( smh disappointed

  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can i get like a refund on this house? I dont want it nomore its useless i have to spend another 30k crowns to get it how i want it even though i already spent over 30k crowns on the things im trying to get.

    I sympathise, on one hand I feel like the expensive items should be freely used in multiple houses, but then why do you need mundus stones in more than one house anyway?

    Anyway, try customer service if you haven't already.
    ~ Imperials need new furniture. By the Divines! Their furniture is recolored Breton for goodness sakes! ~
    #EqualFurnitureRights #ImperialFurnitureIndependance #SayNoToHand-Me-DownFurniture
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Nothing in the crown store indicates that items purchased will self-clone as many times as you want. They're singular items, not substances, not templates, not recipes.

    And yet, if you buy a mount, or a banker or merchant with crowns, you can display a copy of it in each house you own.


    I wouldn't pay for mundus stones, personally..... but there should be some consistency here.

    There is consistency there though. This one is really straightforward: collectibles, be they crown store or ingame acquired, are account wide and essentially can have multiple copies in different instances(different toons/houses); furniture is regular items such as a sword or something and if you want 2 pieces of furniture, you craft or buy 2 pieces of furniture. There is 0 reason to assume a Mundus Stone would be a collectible, I'm pretty sure it's even sold in "furniture" section. OP just decided to assume whatever he wanted to assume, do 0 research to make sure such an evidently important assumption is true, spend a nice chunk of money on ingame furniture, then come here to complain and insult everyone disgareeing with them.
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit holds up his paw, for he is confused

    This one has many fine houses, each tuned to his moods and yet this thing you ask puzzles...

    Why buy Mundus Stones...when you can walk to them...?

    :/
    Why put crafting stations in a house? Banker? Merchant? Furniture?.. You can walk to all of them... Want to sit on a chair? Go in any NPC house and sit there. :/
    Illumisar wrote: »
    I bought a big screen TV at Best Buy and set it up in my house. Now I have a beach condo and think that Best Buy should give me another TV to take there. And why not??? I SPENT ALL THAT MONEY FOR A TV AND IT'S A SLAP IN THE FACE THAT I HAVE TO SPEND ALL THAT $$$ AGAIN FOR SOMETHING I ALREADY BOUGHT!!!

    SLAP!
    IN!
    THE!
    FACE!!!

    Anyone else see the problem here?
    You can't compare real life material goods with digital copy/pasted goods. Never. Ever. Don't you see the BIG difference there?
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the world or me.

    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

    Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Alamakot
    Alamakot
    ✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    Ah, and housing needs a NERF
    it is upsetting players to much as it is OP

    full agreement ;)

    Noone is planning to put all Mundus stones in own Mara's Kiss apartment in Vukhel Guard?
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Nothing in the crown store indicates that items purchased will self-clone as many times as you want. They're singular items, not substances, not templates, not recipes.

    And yet, if you buy a mount, or a banker or merchant with crowns, you can display a copy of it in each house you own.


    I wouldn't pay for mundus stones, personally..... but there should be some consistency here.

    There is consistency there though. This one is really straightforward: collectibles, be they crown store or ingame acquired, are account wide and essentially can have multiple copies in different instances(different toons/houses); furniture is regular items such as a sword or something and if you want 2 pieces of furniture, you craft or buy 2 pieces of furniture. There is 0 reason to assume a Mundus Stone would be a collectible, I'm pretty sure it's even sold in "furniture" section. OP just decided to assume whatever he wanted to assume, do 0 research to make sure such an evidently important assumption is true, spend a nice chunk of money on ingame furniture, then come here to complain and insult everyone disgareeing with them.

    ^So much this^
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    boggo wrote: »
    It actually IS account wide, but not available in more than one house at a time. I never expected housing items to be placeable multiple times in different houses, I can see however where you‘re coming from. I don‘t think that practice will change because if all your housing items were placeable multiple times you‘d have to garher them all just once and then‘d be set for the rest of all time.



    well yes, but somehow I also feel, that when I spend crowns for some housing item, it should be placeable to all my house, not just one. simply because I would pay real money for it, so I would expect it to have some special functionality like this
    *********************************************************************************************************************************************
    Haishi Daikodarajen, Redguard, Stamina Dragonknight, CPs around 600, Damage dealer, Huntress of Hircine
    ** Her story (click here)**

    **Her image - click here**
    ""It's one thing to see your past from present memory. It is entirely another to step through the Dragon and be yourself remembering the present in the past as the future."
    - Karstine Zeterra (2E)


    **********************************************************************************************************************************************
    Maoimii Da, Khajiit Magicka Nightblade, CPs around 600, master enchanter, damage dealer, elder vampire shade of death
    ** Her story (click here)**
    **Her image - click here**
    "May you walk on warm sands!
    Maoimii


    meowz!!



    ****************************************************************************************************************************************************
    PC, EU

    **Ideas for making this game even more fun: Click here

  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's no such thing as account wide either, it is only server-wide. If I buy Topal hideaway its on the US or EU server only. If I buy a DLC its only for the US or EU Server. Believe me I look askance at that far more than the mundus stone problem you cite.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's no such thing as account wide either, it is only server-wide. If I buy Topal hideaway its on the US or EU server only. If I buy a DLC its only for the US or EU Server. Believe me I look askance at that far more than the mundus stone problem you cite.

    That's actually one of the parts where inconsistency does occur. Morrowind, for example, is account wide because it's purchased outside of Crown Store. As are any and all upgrades purchased OUT of Crown Store, which means that those of us who got Any Race Any Alliance upgrade with pre-order at launch have it on both NA and EU but anyone buying it in Crown Store now will only get it on the server they bought it in.

    Subscription is also account wide, and, my favourite part, your crowns are account wide - in the sense that spending you do on either server will reduce your crown count on both serves, while only purchasing stuff on one server.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't understand why you'd need Mundus stones in more than 1 house anyway. Couldn't you just teleport back to your house that has the stones?
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illumisar wrote: »
    I bought a big screen TV at Best Buy and set it up in my house. Now I have a beach condo and think that Best Buy should give me another TV to take there. And why not??? I SPENT ALL THAT MONEY FOR A TV AND IT'S A SLAP IN THE FACE THAT I HAVE TO SPEND ALL THAT $$$ AGAIN FOR SOMETHING I ALREADY BOUGHT!!!

    SLAP!
    IN!
    THE!
    FACE!!!

    Anyone else see the problem here?

    Yes, you are comparing a physical object that requires logistics vs. the transfer of data at the speed of...nvm, DO YOU SEE THE PROBLEM with your argument?
    If I ain't doing what I'm supposed to do,
    Then tell me what I need, Errrbody, Really Really
    Im all the way up, Turn it down for what
    0 to 100 real quick, Like a G6, Like tree 6

    PC - VIVEC - NA
    Die Ranged - Lunattack - Morninglord Lightbringer - Dkudown - Ra Fell Save Ire
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Because theres such a thing as a primary residence. The house that not only you use but others see too when they travel to you, if you let them.

    <Advertisement>
    Not really, primary residences do not matter. You can port to any house of any player at any time if you have the permissions.
    If you want to share something of your secondary residence to your friends without being there, let them use the "port to friend's house" addon :) (sorry to the console ppl here :trollface: )
    </Advertisement>
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

    Addons:
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit holds up his paw, for he is confused

    This one has many fine houses, each tuned to his moods and yet this thing you ask puzzles...

    Why buy Mundus Stones...when you can walk to them...?

    :/

    When you have more money than you need this is what happens. It's actually very simple.
    S'Dahrra of Pellitine [PC] <-> [EU] Blood for the Pact
    "Where is it written that all our dreams must be small..."
    "The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past..."
    "One who dreams of becoming a king, should first become a man..."
    "Happiness is a choice, but because of greed, many are too blind to choose..."

    "Always be as fast as the wind, as quiet as the forest, as daring as fire, and as immovable as the mountain..."
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting stations, especially the attunable ones, bankers, merchants, mundus stones... for the prices they are asking for them in crowns? Yes, absolutely they should be available in every house you own. Granted, most people designate one house as their crafting center and that works fine for most people. Those items you purchase with gold from crafters in game though should be one offs. Especially since they are resellable.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can only be in one house at a time so everything should obviously be account wide.

    It's a cynical money making ploy.
    PC EU

    House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)
    {*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

    Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem about making crafting stations account wide is pretty simple if you are talking about tuneable stations... The problem lies in the fact that it would have to be turned into a collectible and as thus it would make it so that you can't make it tuneable... making it a regular crafting station. Which would defeat the purpose of some of us that try to make things easier for others by having a bunch of things in one housing area.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP has a point. Housing I've seen before had its own inventory. Granted it had a max for each specific item that a single account lido have regardless of how many homes one own.

    Once Ann item was placed by info that inventory it was bound but at least it didn't force players to destroy items or clog up their inventory.

    Further, as an ESO+ player, this housing deco inventory should be for everyone regardless of sub or not. It's just a basic thing that should have been added when housing was introduced.

    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Really, idk
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, I have the same pets, trophys, assistants and special furniture in as many houses as I want. There is clearly a system for this, everyone is okay with this departure from reality and comparisons to real life items are poor at best.

    To the OP, that does suck. I think people saying you should be okay with it in one place are half right. I have access at a guild hall and find it to be sufficient. The other half is that there are long loading times. If the mundus stones were like trophies you could put one out, use it, put it away and go one with what you were doing without all the waiting. An item this expensive should have this option.

    Thats the point you can ONLY get it in crown store and it cost 3500 crowns each !!

    Zos is better than this man they really have to reevaluate this situation i know everybody is saying you can have 1 luxury house and 1 house with mundus blah blah.

    Its like no its my house i wanna do what i want with it but no zos showed true colors on this one.

    Smh 3500 for one mundus !!!!!!!!! WAKE UP ZOS

    You paid for convenience... You dont need them in every house you want it. Welcome to real life
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    With each new home, I pretend I'm vacationing for a certain time of year and use my alts to store my furnishings from one home to move to another. I decorate my new home for a certain amount of weeks or months and then move to another home, or when a new home comes out I move again.
    It can be a pain but it keeps things fresh for me at least.
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies if this has been brought up already (cbf'd reading all three pages), and I'm at work so I can't check this myself....

    Can the same mount be placed in all of your houses or just the one? I.e. you storm atro senche is placed in Daggerfall Overlook. Can you also place it in your Linchal grand Manor?

    If the answer to the above is yes, you can, as these are crown store items that are attained via real money, then I would expect the mundas stones, target dummies, standard crafting stations etc. should also be the same.

    Agree with OP either way as you're literally talking thousands of dollars on EACH house otherwise. Who does that? Not many people I'd imagine. Who would buy more items if they could stick em in each of their house? Me, for one, and I'm sure many others.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eatmyface wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been brought up already (cbf'd reading all three pages), and I'm at work so I can't check this myself....

    Can the same mount be placed in all of your houses or just the one? I.e. you storm atro senche is placed in Daggerfall Overlook. Can you also place it in your Linchal grand Manor?

    If the answer to the above is yes, you can, as these are crown store items that are attained via real money, then I would expect the mundas stones, target dummies, standard crafting stations etc. should also be the same.

    Agree with OP either way as you're literally talking thousands of dollars on EACH house otherwise. Who does that? Not many people I'd imagine. Who would buy more items if they could stick em in each of their house? Me, for one, and I'm sure many others.

    If it is a part of a collectible then yes, as for mounts yep you can place it at multiple homes.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
Sign In or Register to comment.