The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Legend Tournament Series - Tournament tonight - Low CP Tournament tomorrow - Scarr streaming

• zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also for all the stam builds who feel defile builds are the bane of them, keep in mind this tournament never banned vitality or lingering potions.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don´t really thing trollking is that OP anymore - having used it myself and fighting plenty of people using it.

It´s place is countering healingdebuffs and ranged builds - Sorcs. It does not counter NBs.
    Against melee builds or high dmg dot setups malubeth gets way better results (imo).
    Builds combining trollking with a 2nd defensive set option just lack either sustain or dmg to be really threatening (except for some rare stam heavyattack + other *** centered builds - which would be exactly what Kena is looking to not encourage in your tourneys).
    Edited by Derra on December 12, 2017 10:12AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    So far all tournaments have been won by durok builds hmmm. ;)
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP duels in crafted gear without poisons?
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Genuinely curious:

There is a lot of conversation about how dueling builds are not heavily encouraged, as people are mostly just there to better themselves without going super try-hard (this is great! I love this concept). But there is simultaneous conversation about lightning staff WoE + Overwhelming surge mDK's showing up in good numbers.

Enlighten me if I am wrong, but a lightning staff + Overwhelming mDK is not an open world build. It seems specifically catered to dueling one other person. I have encountered some of these mDK's (very few in reality) with lightning WoE open world, and while it is a very cool and well-developed build it does not cut it for open world playing.

I am not trying to bash on anything being done here, I am simply confused as a build that combines a set that does single target, uncontrollable damage and Wall of Elements which is not easy to maintain uptime on anyone open world who isn't oblivious to what's happening does not translate well to non-dueling setups. If people disagree, I would love to hear feedback as this is genuinely interesting to me (I have tried so many mDK builds open world it's disgusting, and would always love another to try!).

Cheers, and congrats to all who participate!
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    Genuinely curious:

There is a lot of conversation about how dueling builds are not heavily encouraged, as people are mostly just there to better themselves without going super try-hard (this is great! I love this concept). But there is simultaneous conversation about lightning staff WoE + Overwhelming surge mDK's showing up in good numbers.

Enlighten me if I am wrong, but a lightning staff + Overwhelming mDK is not an open world build. It seems specifically catered to dueling one other person. I have encountered some of these mDK's (very few in reality) with lightning WoE open world, and while it is a very cool and well-developed build it does not cut it for open world playing.

I am not trying to bash on anything being done here, I am simply confused as a build that combines a set that does single target, uncontrollable damage and Wall of Elements which is not easy to maintain uptime on anyone open world who isn't oblivious to what's happening does not translate well to non-dueling setups. If people disagree, I would love to hear feedback as this is genuinely interesting to me (I have tried so many mDK builds open world it's disgusting, and would always love another to try!).

This build could easily have its place as a bg build and also this build would still be beat by a magdk wearing the traditional 5 sun 5 spell weave two one piece max mag build.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    Genuinely curious:

It works open world in very, very specific circumstances. First, you have to fight in tight spaces. Skaffa recently shared a video fighting solo in Cracked Wood Cave, for example. Imperial City is another good example. And second, you entirely give up your ability to pursue opponents who have chosen to flee. Pursuit is an established weakness of mDK, so players of this build choose to simply drop any attempt at it in favor of bolstering their strength, which is high damage against melee ranged opponents who choose to stand and fight -- or who can't escape, as the case may be in tight quarters. The build does use Fossilize and Talons to spam roots, making holding people down a bit easier.

That said, I still don't consider it much of an open world build either, but the people playing it do use it open world and claim success. This is a very gray area.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Glory I’m struggling with that concept too, I want to field something competitive but everything I find that can work against the builds in the tournament is too cheesy in my book. I wanna run trap so I can soft counter these melee builds, but then I’m trap camping with shimmering and that’s super not fun to fight against.

I want to run Serpent+Truth(front bar)+Masters bow+troll king bow+SnB, with vitality/lingering pots in heavy, but that’s clearly a duel spec. But then I see surge+duroks and I KNOW you cannot run that successfully open world against anyone with a brain on mDK and I’m confused.

I’ll eventually figure it out though.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on December 12, 2017 6:56PM
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    @Lexxypwns @Glory

Firstly, I don't know about where these good numbers of magdks running lightning blockade came from. Before Legends started up again, Quickblade/Infernal Machine, Xaerium, myself and Passifest were the only blockade DKs that I have heard of on PC/NA and only 3 of us showed up to the Legends meetup.

Secondly, I have repeatedly discussed my build philosophy with people but if everybody is going to be so intent on denying the builds success in open world, take a quick look at the time stamp in this video.
    Edit: Time stamp didn't work, go to 1:40.

https://youtu.be/jxC2zm43vD8?t=102

The ability to put insane single target pressure and lock people down in an outnumbered scenario is why we run this build. Passifest, a much better DK than myself, has even 1v7’d in No CP with the build although I think his shadowplay is currently not working.

But please, tell me more on how to play my class Lexxy. We have beaten good players with the build and have won in situations where we usually would lose without the heal debuff and other various niches of the build. But hey, I guess unless we get recorded footage of our win in a GvG against some top tier guild or win a 2v10+ against players that just aren’t light attacking, there’s no way the build would work.

I “made” the build because I admired how players like Patrick Scott and JackDaniels created their own style of gameplay that did not follow the meta and had achieved great success with it in open world fights. Despite what people say I will keep running this open world and in duels if it’s allowed and further develop the build until I’m completely happy with it.

Once again,

A9yNyup.jpg

Edited by Sylphie on December 12, 2017 8:00PM
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylphie wrote: »
    @Lexxypwns @Glory

Firstly, I don't know about these good numbers of magdks running lightning blockade came from. Before Legends started up again, /Infernal Machine, Xaerium, myself and Passifest were the only blockade DKs that I have heard of on PC/NA and only 3 of us showed up to the Legends meetup.

Secondly, I have repeatedly discussed my build philosophy with people but if everybody is going to be so intent on denying the builds success in open world, take a quick look at the time stamp in this video.

The ability to put insane single target pressure and lock people down in an outnumbered scenario is why we run this build. Passifest, a much better DK than myself, has even 1v7’d in No CP with the build although I think his shadowplay is currently not working.

But please, tell me more on how to play my class Lexxy. We have beaten good players with the build and have won in situations where we usually would lose without the heal debuff and other various niches of the build. But hey, I guess unless we get recorded footage of our win in a GvG against some top tier guild or win a 2v10+ against players that just aren’t light attacking, there’s no way the build would work.

I “made” the build because I admired how players like Patrick Scott and JackDaniels created their own style of gameplay that did not follow the meta and had achieved great success with it in open world fights. Despite what people say I will keep running this open world and in duels if it’s allowed and further develop the build until I’m completely happy with it.

Once again,

A9yNyup.jpg

No-CP videos are irrelevant, you can afford to sacrifice either damage or sustain in no-CP environments that you can’t afford to sacrifice in CP. Furthermore, proc sets, such as surge, are known to overperform in no CO because they give resource free damage and you don’t waste as much spell crit, meaning the surge non-crit procs will do relatively more of your total damage in a no-CP environment

Furthermore “we make this build work in our specific small group” doesn’t make it viable open world.

I’m not telling you how to play your class, idk why you’re so defensive about this. I don’t care that you’re running a duel build, I just want to know where the line is between duel specs and too cheesy.

You getting so bent and triggered for literally 0 reason isn’t necessary, I’ve specifically been told that a build I want to run isn’t fun to play against because it’s too duel specific and I’m trying to find a balance.

Lightning wall mDK has been a thing on Xbox NA for ages, I know very well what it’s capable of, Ive dueled lots of them and fought them open world and in BGs, this isn’t some new thing that you guys invented and there’s no need to be so defensive about people wanting clarification. If you die to a lightning wall mDK open world you’re playing very lazily or out of position OR were significantly outplayed. I’m not as good as either you or passifest, nor am I claiming to be, I’m just pointing out that this is not a broad open world build, it’s a niche group build as you’ve admitted yourself here. Using it open world does not disprove this statement, anecdotal evidence doesn’t change the fact that relying on people letting you proc off balance consistently open world is dependent on your opponents misplays as much as your own plays.

Edit: regardless of your build or spec I think you should be proud of your tournament win and I am in NO WAY trying to discredit that, if it came across that way I apologize, I’m just looking for a balance myself where I can run something competitive on stam without it being too cheesy or duel specific.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on December 12, 2017 8:13PM
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    @Lexxypwns @Glory

Firstly, I don't know about these good numbers of magdks running lightning blockade came from. Before Legends started up again, /Infernal Machine, Xaerium, myself and Passifest were the only blockade DKs that I have heard of on PC/NA and only 3 of us showed up to the Legends meetup.

Once again,

A9yNyup.jpg

No-CP videos are irrelevant, you can afford to sacrifice either damage or sustain in no-CP environments that you can’t afford to sacrifice in CP.

Furthermore “we make this build work in our specific small group” doesn’t make it viable open world.

I’m not telling you how to play your class, idk why you’re so defensive about this. I don’t care that you’re running a duel build, I just want to know where the line is between duel specs and too cheesy.

You getting so bent and triggered for literally 0 reason isn’t necessary, I’ve specifically been told that a build I want to run isn’t fun to play against because it’s too duel specific and I’m trying to find a balance.

Lightning wall mDK has been a thing on Xbox NA for ages, I know very well what it’s capable of, Ive dueled lots of them and fought them open world and in BGs, this isn’t some new thing that you guys invented and there’s no need to be so defensive about people wanting clarification. If you die to a lightning wall mDK open world you’re playing very lazily or out of position OR were significantly outplayed. I’m not as good as either you or passifest, nor am I claiming to be, I’m just pointing out that this is not a broad open world build, it’s a niche group build as you’ve admitted yourself here. Using it open world does not disprove this statement, anecdotal evidence doesn’t change the fact that relying on people letting you proc off balance consistently open world is dependent on your opponents misplays as much as your own plays.

Edit: regardless of your build or spec I think you should be proud of your tournament win and I am in NO WAY trying to discredit that, if it came across that way I apologize, I’m just looking for a balance myself where I can run something competitive on stam without it being too cheesy or duel specific.

Ah the old "lol you're triggered" comment. Well for further clarification,

1. We have ran this with CP. I have some clips but I didn't bother to upload them since they weren't clip worthy and I wanted to make the video exclusively non-cp.

2. I am not "bent and triggered". I am somewhat disheartened that a build that took me months of farming (I only get to farm once a week due to work) is being widely discredited by people from what was supposed to be a “salt free duelling community”.

3. I have never claimed to make this build, hence why I used “made”. I had wanted to play with blockade since the HoTR changes (see my frostblade clip on my youtube) and only managed to farm the pieces for this build a few weeks ago.
    Outnumbered fighting has always been about capitalising on your opponent’s mistake and outplaying lesser skilled players, I don’t see how this build does that and isn’t considered viable. And to be frank, I honestly hope this build never becomes “viable in open world” if it keeps the build niche, I would not want to see more magdks running this build in cyro.
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lexxypwns @Glory

Once again,

A9yNyup.jpg

No-CP videos are irrelevant, you can afford to sacrifice either damage or sustain in no-CP environments that you can’t afford to sacrifice in CP.

1. We have ran this with CP. I have some clips but I didn't bother to upload them since they weren't clip worthy and I wanted to make the video exclusively non-cp.

2. I am not "bent and triggered". I am somewhat disheartened that a build that took me months of farming (I only get to farm once a week due to work) is being widely discredited by people from what was supposed to be a “salt free duelling community”.

3. I have never claimed to make this build, hence why I used “made”. I had wanted to play with blockade since the HoTR changes (see my frostblade clip on my youtube) and only managed to farm the pieces for this build a few weeks ago.
    Outnumbered fighting has always been about capitalising on your opponent’s mistake and outplaying lesser skilled players, I don’t see how this build does that and isn’t considered viable. And to be frank, I honestly hope this build never becomes “viable in open world” if it keeps the build niche, I would not want to see more magdks running this build in cyro.

Who is salty? We’re clearly just asking the line for “no duel specific builds”

I asked the same of Kena in regards to Duroks+Necro and his reaction was nowhere near yours.

I’m clearly trying to diffuse the tension here while you’re clearly upset for “reasons”

Nobody discredited your build, in fact I’ve heaped praise upon the lightning wall DK in this thread. I’m just looking for a clarification on how these magika duel specs are different from stamina duel
    specs that are considered cheese. Magika has superior healing, sustain, viable damage shields. Stamina has tanky heavy armor builds that mitigate ranged damage and punish melee with trap. One of these is considered OK, one isn’t, people don’t understand why.

Heavy armor stam builds aren’t viable open world without Forward momentum and aren’t viable in duels without rally(except stamden), given there’s a clear imbalance in favor of magika, it is discouraging to see viable stamina duel builds discouraged for being too niche while we also allow these niche magika builds.

You’re obviously a great player and have a nice build, I actually started retraiting my Duroks on console simply because I loved the idea of surge+Duroks, we aren’t salty or insulting you, were asking balance questions that need to be asked.

Despite the magika meta, stam still does great open world and BGs but it’s struggled on these tourneys, that means there’s something shaping balance in duels outside of what’s effecting it in BGs and open world, finding that leads to a larger community in my mind, that’s all I’m after man
    Edited by Lexxypwns on December 12, 2017 8:28PM
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You two define "open world" and "dueling" builds differently.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lexxypwns @Glory

Once again,

A9yNyup.jpg

I asked the same of Kena in regards to Duroks+Necro and his reaction was nowhere near yours.

I’m clearly trying to diffuse the tension here while you’re clearly upset for “reasons”

Nobody discredited your build, in fact I’ve heaped praise upon the lightning wall DK in this thread. I’m just looking for a clarification on how these magika duel specs are different from stamina duel
    specs that are considered cheese. Magika has superior healing, sustain, viable damage shields. Stamina has tanky heavy armor builds that mitigate ranged damage and punish melee with trap. One of these is considered OK, one isn’t, people don’t understand why.

Heavy armor stam builds aren’t viable open world without Forward momentum and aren’t viable in duels without rally(except stamden), given there’s a clear imbalance in favor of magika, it is discouraging to see viable stamina duel builds discouraged for being too niche while we also allow these niche magika builds.

You’re obviously a great player and have a nice build, I actually started retraiting my Duroks on console simply because I loved the idea of surge+Duroks, we aren’t salty or insulting you, were asking balance questions that need to be asked.

Despite the magika meta, stam still does great open world and BGs but it’s struggled on these tourneys, that means there’s something shaping balance in duels outside of what’s effecting it in BGs and open world, finding that leads to a larger community in my mind, that’s all I’m after man
    Bro the only thing they banned for stam was troll king, stam and mag both are equal in duels. It just happens no one has shown up to fight a skilled magdk i.e stamplar.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Thanks for sharing your perspective @Sylphie. I was simply asking for perspective, as most of the conversatio was pointing towards the spec being dueling oriented.

Didn't mean to cause trouble, I just enjoy different DK specs and wanted to learn more about its viability open world.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    @Lexxypwns @Glory

Once again,

A9yNyup.jpg

Bro the only thing they banned for stam was troll king, stam and mag both are equal in duels. It just happens no one has shown up to fight a skilled magdk i.e stamplar.

This is wrong, defile+befoul meta favors magika because they have an answer to defile in viable damage shields(stam has troll king+vitality pots, one of which is banned the other is inadequate alone and has low uptime). As to stamplar countering mDK... you know he takes unblocked damage during the jabs channel AND ~2 jab ticks worth of damage from volatile alone during the cast?

Furthermore, you’re completely ignorant of the discussion I’m directly referencing in which I was told a specific build was “unfun” to play against. I’m not even complaining, just figuring out what overperforming things are and aren’t allowed and why that seems to lean in favor of magika/ trying to find a balance. I’ve message @Sylphie to make it clear I’m not discrediting him
    Edited by Lexxypwns on December 12, 2017 9:48PM
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You two define "open world" and "dueling" builds differently.

Tbh the only real “duel spec” you can make for stam is to stack crit resis, regular resis, and increase your healing which can be achieved mostly through cp and some parts gear. The “duel spec” you have for mag would be a build that had safe stats all around like 35k to 40k mag, 2.3k regen unbuffed, and 2.3k spell damage unbuffed. Those “duel builds” would let you have sustained damage and be able to heal through most procs. I Each stam char has more than enough utility to heal through defile builds, keep in mind people who think they are hard to fight against now but in the past you can stack fasallas with major defile. But I still able to fight against it on stam blade, stamdk, and stamplar.
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    I made the posts in the morning right before I went to work so I didn't really review the tone of my post, I apologize if I came off too confrontational.

I am not upset or triggered about any misunderstanding that people are discrediting myself or the build. I am just disappointed in how the community is reacting by dismissing its viability in open world without giving it a chance, despite my reasoning and a video showcasing the build in action. Sure, it’s not an amazing video but I’m not an amazing player and I’m sure a better DK would be able to provide a better video if they give the build a chance.

I define “viable” open world builds as builds that can 1vX/smallscale, which we have shown in the video. Sure, people might say it won’t work for everyone but how can you tell when people are dismissing the build outright as just a “duel specific build” or a “cheesy duelling build” while not giving it a chance. With the large amount of sets and build variety in the game, it’s disheartening to know that unless its a “meta” build, it’s not a viable build.

And regarding the salt comment, it’s more directed at the people that duelled me once, called the build cancer or gave a comment like “nice duelling build” while refusing to listen to my reasoning behind the build.

@Curie
    Làin - MagDK
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Glory I’m struggling with that concept too, I want to field something competitive but everything I find that can work against the builds in the tournament is too cheesy in my book. I wanna run trap so I can soft counter these melee builds, but then I’m trap camping with shimmering and that’s super not fun to fight against.

I want to run Serpent+Truth(front bar)+Masters bow+troll king bow+SnB, with vitality/lingering pots in heavy, but that’s clearly a duel spec. But then I see surge+duroks and I KNOW you cannot run that successfully open world against anyone with a brain on mDK and I’m confused.

I’ll eventually figure it out though.

You can run the setup you mention open world, just as you can run overwhelming + duroks open world on a DK.
    I´ve seen a few DKs with lightning staff since cwc actually.

The problem is dueling builds will eventually get used open world as most of them are quite vaible once you switch in a little more sustain and one or two skills.

The only classes where i´m not seeing a mixture of dueling and open world builds happening is sorc and 2h+bow stamblade. The former needs a petbuild to create a competetive setup - not gonna do you any good open world. The latter is mostly outclassed by DW, 1h+Shield and heavy armor.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »
    This tournament looked so fun that it made me want to participate in it.
    Can compare it to last eu tournament with 90% tanks and trolls searching for attention..
    Btw, why no start with zero ult?
    P.S.: no-CP duels ftw.

CP has been more balanced than non-CP since Morrowind. No reason to cling to non-CP anymore. Time to move on.

We just aren't bothered by ults as much, I guess. It's come up a couple times in rules discussions, but the guild just kind of shrugs and doesn't care. If someone dies to a meteor combo 10 seconds in with full resources, then they're bad. lol

The person who drops a meteor 10 seconds in is also bad. :trollface:

Legend is developing a unique culture. We don't care who wins fights. Our egos aren't tied to wins and losses and tournaments. Our duel gatherings are full of RP and trolling and laughs, some people come in troll builds, and everyone's just hanging out and chilling. It's pretty amazing to watch. I think this results in more people coming to duels and tournaments in open world builds instead of tryhard ***.

Yes, my Durok's build was originally an open world build, and I've played it in open world plenty. :lol:

Or maybe the NA dueling scene is just in a new infancy after being largely dead from Dark Brotherhood through now, and people just haven't put their tryhard cheese pants on yet. ;) I'll do my best to see that it doesn't come to that, though.
    “get piped scrub” salt fest

Describe the PC EU dueling scene in 5 words or less
    Blobsky wrote: »
    Unfortunately EU is 90% custom duel builds so this would be insanely boring for us... Rule of thumb: if they are comfortably over 30k health or with multiple ground aoes, expect atleast a 60% heal debuff. Minor defile poison major defile skills (or durok) and CP stacked in defile = rip non shield stackers.

Back pre 1.5 it was very much.a test of player skill... I cant think of any custom builds but maybe im wrong. These days people literally sustain through ele drain or only heavy weave as stam, in a build vs build fight. Of course skill somewhat matters but build is just so different to the open worpd builds many of us play.

Gl in future tournaments, hopefully the custom meta wont hit na too hard

This is so true. Sadly it's gotten to an "adapt or lose" loop environment, where if you don't play a custom duel build yourself then you stand no chance, and new players find that out the hard way.

That's also why I usually like to bash on duels from other platforms that claim they're the best or anything. They may be good, but when put against a fully minmaxed duel build (which I've honestly only seen on PC EU) played by a someone that literally only duels, none of them stand a chance.

It's sad that duels have come to this, they're simply not fun anymore, at least not on PC EU.

@NightbladeMechanics 's tournament looked entertaining, the cancer obviously hasn't fully spread from our platform, except for maybe durok's defile stacking against stam but at this point that set being OP is already common knowledge.

Our difference is cultural. We aren’t taking duels seriously enough for people to tryhard like that, and we all understand that no one wants to fight specialized dueling builds. I’ll specifically ban them out before I let our community devolve like that. I heard there was an EU dueling guild until Homestead patch which was fun and used open world builds, but that its GMs got banned, initiating your comminity’s spiral.

FYI the Durok’s hate bandwagon is misguided. In order to dampen its “cancer,” I’d have to ban out Reverb, Corrupting Pollen, Incap + vAS 2h, Cyrodiil’s Crest, and other high uptime defiles — none of which sacrifice an entire gear set worth of offensive or sustain bonuses for their debuffs. Befoul is op, but be careful not to tunnel vision outside of the core issue or more dangerous and common defile sources.

If Durok’s becomes more widespread and starts shutting out stamina, I’ll consider it. So far, I’m the only person who’s used it, and the only fights which I need it for are preventing stalemates against good heavy armor magplars. I have always and still prefer to have damage sets like Alch, Maiden, or Acuity + my Necro when fighting the rest of these guys. So far, the greater threats to stamina in our tournaments have been heavy undodgeable damage from Pelican’s magden and a few of those lightning Wall of Elements mDK builds.

Yeah, it was actually my bad. The OP part comes from defile, not durok's itself. The set just makes it easier to apply it. The defile itself needs a huge nerf imo (or at least a change), because in the current meta it is mostly used my mag to shut down stam instead of the other way around. I understand that defile is a counterplay to high healing builds, but defile itself has no counterplay and is WAY overtuned.

Imo the % should scale with your stam, to a max of say 40% and have the CP star removed entirely.

But yeah, the meta didn't use to be so *** on PC EU either, it's just that people like my buddy Jeff's heavy 6k wep dmg bleedstack and Dracane on her destro/destro petsorc with 1 shield slowly ruined everything. Nobody could beat them for a long time, until people realized that they actually need to play cancer in order to win against cancer. A few chain reactions later and here we are.

It's sad, really.

The issue with healing is complex. TLDR: healing is op, but Befoul is more OP, and it's all out of whack. :lol:

On the one hand, players can obtain many healing bonuses which don't have negative mirror debuffs. Defile is the mirror debuff of Vitality, but Mending, nightblade Soul Siphoner passive, DK Burning Heart passive, and others don't have appropriate mirrors. This makes healing way stronger than base defiles. Base defiles are nothing without Befoul.

Then on the other hand, Befoul pumps up the power of defiles a LOT...but the bonus healing CP stars don't appropriately mirror it. Notice that Befoul is a green star. Green CP are supposed to be geared toward sustain, yet Befoul is a pseudo-offensive application. It is easy to give up points in other green stars to allocate a lot into Befoul. However, Quick Recovery and Blessed are low-value stars placed alongside very powerful red mitigation and blue damage stars. It's very difficult to justify many points in them, if any.

Therefore banning out Defiles alone leaves you with overtuned healing. Banning out Befoul is impossible to enforce. Banning out Troll King leaves stamina lacking, especially medium armor builds.

I honestly don't know how to balance duels, so we're about to begin some serious trial and error. We're discussing banning all armor sets which apply a healing debuff (Durok's, Fasalla's, Cyrodiil's Crest) and allowing Troll King. Those rules will likely be in place this weekend. I really hope we don't see some of those Jeff-esque dedicated dueling builds....but I suppose we can always crack down on those in future tournaments.

Anyways, yes I'm well aware of Jeff and Dracane's builds and their impact on the EU dueling community. Pet sorcs and those super tanky, high weapon damage stamina builds are no fun to play against. I'm going to do everything I can to keep that mess from showing up at our duels, but I am also getting a lot of pressure from our stamina players to give them some help. We'll see how this weekend goes.

I have faith that you'll figure it out. You're a great player with a great deal of mechanics understanding. If I'd have to pick anyone to try to make duels as balanced as possible I'd pick you.

I really do hope there won't be many duel builds, but as human nature dictates people will try to win and will want to cheese everything.

What we tried on our server was to make a tournament forbidding all 2p monster sets (2 1p are fine) and heal debuff sets. That way you get rid of the big troublemakers namely skoria, bloodspawn+undeath and perma defile sets. However, I understand how that hurts medium a lot since they can't run BS or TK, but I guess 2 1p resist is still on the table.

I know @Ragnaroek93 played quite a bit with 5-5-1 medium bow/2h setups, especially in duels, and he did an outstanding job with it.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to watching the tourney (or the results at least if nobody is streaming/recording hahaha)!
    Jawasa wrote: »
    Skoria, durok and overwhelming for duels maybe. Mag proc build.

Now that's interesting. I never actually thought of that hahaha. Combine overwhelming with shackle, skoria and s/b frontbar for tankyness and a charged lightning staff backbar with a lightning glyph for wall of elements and drain and you got something going! Sounds interesting, maybe even go with 5-2 light cause you already get carried by permablock (talking strictly 1v1 here, heavy might work a bit better open world idk)

The winner of last weekend's tournament used Durok's + Overwhelming + Valkyn on his lightning staff mDK. He pulled a huge upset against players who had routinely beaten him and placed higher in the past. It's great seeing him growing as a player in such a short amount of time -- and he has been -- but I cannot deny that inserting the heal debuff into that build is absolutely brutal in 1v1s.

Defile sets like Fasalla's, Durok's, and Cyrodiil's Crest are bad against magicka shielding classes like magden, sorc, and light armor magplar, mDK, and mageblade, but they do make a huge difference against heavy armor high-healing builds and pretty much anything stamina. I only find Durok's necessary against heavy armor magplars, but god I can't kill a really good heavy magplar, even in Spinner + Maiden... :confounded: As I explained in my last post, healing without a high-uptime defile is op, and magplar just purges Soul Harvest's defile off instantly.

Does anyone else find it interesting that the highest healing class is also the most resistant to healing debuffs? :confused: lol

Yeah, you're right. Defile is a necessary evil, sadly. However, I do believe it is slightly, if not strongly overtuned. I'd like to see it stay in game, of course, since we need counters to everything (especially such high healing builds that you mentioned). It just needs some slight adjustments.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh someone really cou
    I made the posts in the morning right before I went to work so I didn't really review the tone of my post, I apologize if I came off too confrontational.

I am not upset or triggered about any misunderstanding that people are discrediting myself or the build. I am just disappointed in how the community is reacting by dismissing its viability in open world without giving it a chance, despite my reasoning and a video showcasing the build in action. Sure, it’s not an amazing video but I’m not an amazing player and I’m sure a better DK would be able to provide a better video if they give the build a chance.

I define “viable” open world builds as builds that can 1vX/smallscale, which we have shown in the video. Sure, people might say it won’t work for everyone but how can you tell when people are dismissing the build outright as just a “duel specific build” or a “cheesy duelling build” while not giving it a chance. With the large amount of sets and build variety in the game, it’s disheartening to know that unless its a “meta” build, it’s not a viable build.

And regarding the salt comment, it’s more directed at the people that duelled me once, called the build cancer or gave a comment like “nice duelling build” while refusing to listen to my reasoning behind the build.

I agree with your statement full heartedly since people called my build on Xbox Na a “duel build”. I ran destro resto with no talons or fossilize and instead use ele drain and stone giant. Like you said, once you make a build that’s not meta and seems peculiarly strong, people associate it with niche and not open world worthy. When in reality this game has so many sets and play styles, it won’t be long for someone to figure out a new play style. Heck we might even see a double resto magdk and it may be the best build on magdk.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sylphie we will gvg

In fact if you have a group you can face many teams from any faction.
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    @Sylphie we will gvg

In fact if you have a group you can face many teams from any faction.

Sadly, I don't have a G :(.

@Curie
    Làin - MagDK
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    This tournament looked so fun that it made me want to participate in it.
    Can compare it to last eu tournament with 90% tanks and trolls searching for attention..
    Btw, why no start with zero ult?
    P.S.: no-CP duels ftw.

CP has been more balanced than non-CP since Morrowind. No reason to cling to non-CP anymore. Time to move on.

We just aren't bothered by ults as much, I guess. It's come up a couple times in rules discussions, but the guild just kind of shrugs and doesn't care. If someone dies to a meteor combo 10 seconds in with full resources, then they're bad. lol

The person who drops a meteor 10 seconds in is also bad. :trollface:

Legend is developing a unique culture. We don't care who wins fights. Our egos aren't tied to wins and losses and tournaments. Our duel gatherings are full of RP and trolling and laughs, some people come in troll builds, and everyone's just hanging out and chilling. It's pretty amazing to watch. I think this results in more people coming to duels and tournaments in open world builds instead of tryhard ***.

Yes, my Durok's build was originally an open world build, and I've played it in open world plenty. :lol:

Or maybe the NA dueling scene is just in a new infancy after being largely dead from Dark Brotherhood through now, and people just haven't put their tryhard cheese pants on yet. ;) I'll do my best to see that it doesn't come to that, though.
    “get piped scrub” salt fest

Describe the PC EU dueling scene in 5 words or less
    Blobsky wrote: »
    Unfortunately EU is 90% custom duel builds so this would be insanely boring for us... Rule of thumb: if they are comfortably over 30k health or with multiple ground aoes, expect atleast a 60% heal debuff. Minor defile poison major defile skills (or durok) and CP stacked in defile = rip non shield stackers.

Back pre 1.5 it was very much.a test of player skill... I cant think of any custom builds but maybe im wrong. These days people literally sustain through ele drain or only heavy weave as stam, in a build vs build fight. Of course skill somewhat matters but build is just so different to the open worpd builds many of us play.

Gl in future tournaments, hopefully the custom meta wont hit na too hard

This is so true. Sadly it's gotten to an "adapt or lose" loop environment, where if you don't play a custom duel build yourself then you stand no chance, and new players find that out the hard way.

That's also why I usually like to bash on duels from other platforms that claim they're the best or anything. They may be good, but when put against a fully minmaxed duel build (which I've honestly only seen on PC EU) played by a someone that literally only duels, none of them stand a chance.

It's sad that duels have come to this, they're simply not fun anymore, at least not on PC EU.

@NightbladeMechanics 's tournament looked entertaining, the cancer obviously hasn't fully spread from our platform, except for maybe durok's defile stacking against stam but at this point that set being OP is already common knowledge.

Our difference is cultural. We aren’t taking duels seriously enough for people to tryhard like that, and we all understand that no one wants to fight specialized dueling builds. I’ll specifically ban them out before I let our community devolve like that. I heard there was an EU dueling guild until Homestead patch which was fun and used open world builds, but that its GMs got banned, initiating your comminity’s spiral.

FYI the Durok’s hate bandwagon is misguided. In order to dampen its “cancer,” I’d have to ban out Reverb, Corrupting Pollen, Incap + vAS 2h, Cyrodiil’s Crest, and other high uptime defiles — none of which sacrifice an entire gear set worth of offensive or sustain bonuses for their debuffs. Befoul is op, but be careful not to tunnel vision outside of the core issue or more dangerous and common defile sources.

If Durok’s becomes more widespread and starts shutting out stamina, I’ll consider it. So far, I’m the only person who’s used it, and the only fights which I need it for are preventing stalemates against good heavy armor magplars. I have always and still prefer to have damage sets like Alch, Maiden, or Acuity + my Necro when fighting the rest of these guys. So far, the greater threats to stamina in our tournaments have been heavy undodgeable damage from Pelican’s magden and a few of those lightning Wall of Elements mDK builds.

Yeah, it was actually my bad. The OP part comes from defile, not durok's itself. The set just makes it easier to apply it. The defile itself needs a huge nerf imo (or at least a change), because in the current meta it is mostly used my mag to shut down stam instead of the other way around. I understand that defile is a counterplay to high healing builds, but defile itself has no counterplay and is WAY overtuned.

Imo the % should scale with your stam, to a max of say 40% and have the CP star removed entirely.

But yeah, the meta didn't use to be so *** on PC EU either, it's just that people like my buddy Jeff's heavy 6k wep dmg bleedstack and Dracane on her destro/destro petsorc with 1 shield slowly ruined everything. Nobody could beat them for a long time, until people realized that they actually need to play cancer in order to win against cancer. A few chain reactions later and here we are.

It's sad, really.

The issue with healing is complex. TLDR: healing is op, but Befoul is more OP, and it's all out of whack. :lol:

On the one hand, players can obtain many healing bonuses which don't have negative mirror debuffs. Defile is the mirror debuff of Vitality, but Mending, nightblade Soul Siphoner passive, DK Burning Heart passive, and others don't have appropriate mirrors. This makes healing way stronger than base defiles. Base defiles are nothing without Befoul.

Then on the other hand, Befoul pumps up the power of defiles a LOT...but the bonus healing CP stars don't appropriately mirror it. Notice that Befoul is a green star. Green CP are supposed to be geared toward sustain, yet Befoul is a pseudo-offensive application. It is easy to give up points in other green stars to allocate a lot into Befoul. However, Quick Recovery and Blessed are low-value stars placed alongside very powerful red mitigation and blue damage stars. It's very difficult to justify many points in them, if any.

Therefore banning out Defiles alone leaves you with overtuned healing. Banning out Befoul is impossible to enforce. Banning out Troll King leaves stamina lacking, especially medium armor builds.

I honestly don't know how to balance duels, so we're about to begin some serious trial and error. We're discussing banning all armor sets which apply a healing debuff (Durok's, Fasalla's, Cyrodiil's Crest) and allowing Troll King. Those rules will likely be in place this weekend. I really hope we don't see some of those Jeff-esque dedicated dueling builds....but I suppose we can always crack down on those in future tournaments.

Anyways, yes I'm well aware of Jeff and Dracane's builds and their impact on the EU dueling community. Pet sorcs and those super tanky, high weapon damage stamina builds are no fun to play against. I'm going to do everything I can to keep that mess from showing up at our duels, but I am also getting a lot of pressure from our stamina players to give them some help. We'll see how this weekend goes.

I have faith that you'll figure it out. You're a great player with a great deal of mechanics understanding. If I'd have to pick anyone to try to make duels as balanced as possible I'd pick you.

I really do hope there won't be many duel builds, but as human nature dictates people will try to win and will want to cheese everything.

What we tried on our server was to make a tournament forbidding all 2p monster sets (2 1p are fine) and heal debuff sets. That way you get rid of the big troublemakers namely skoria, bloodspawn+undeath and perma defile sets. However, I understand how that hurts medium a lot since they can't run BS or TK, but I guess 2 1p resist is still on the table.

I know @Ragnaroek93 played quite a bit with 5-5-1 medium bow/2h setups, especially in duels, and he did an outstanding job with it.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to watching the tourney (or the results at least if nobody is streaming/recording hahaha)!
    Jawasa wrote: »
    Skoria, durok and overwhelming for duels maybe. Mag proc build.

Now that's interesting. I never actually thought of that hahaha. Combine overwhelming with shackle, skoria and s/b frontbar for tankyness and a charged lightning staff backbar with a lightning glyph for wall of elements and drain and you got something going! Sounds interesting, maybe even go with 5-2 light cause you already get carried by permablock (talking strictly 1v1 here, heavy might work a bit better open world idk)

The winner of last weekend's tournament used Durok's + Overwhelming + Valkyn on his lightning staff mDK. He pulled a huge upset against players who had routinely beaten him and placed higher in the past. It's great seeing him growing as a player in such a short amount of time -- and he has been -- but I cannot deny that inserting the heal debuff into that build is absolutely brutal in 1v1s.

Defile sets like Fasalla's, Durok's, and Cyrodiil's Crest are bad against magicka shielding classes like magden, sorc, and light armor magplar, mDK, and mageblade, but they do make a huge difference against heavy armor high-healing builds and pretty much anything stamina. I only find Durok's necessary against heavy armor magplars, but god I can't kill a really good heavy magplar, even in Spinner + Maiden... :confounded: As I explained in my last post, healing without a high-uptime defile is op, and magplar just purges Soul Harvest's defile off instantly.

Does anyone else find it interesting that the highest healing class is also the most resistant to healing debuffs? :confused: lol

Yeah, you're right. Defile is a necessary evil, sadly. However, I do believe it is slightly, if not strongly overtuned. I'd like to see it stay in game, of course, since we need counters to everything (especially such high healing builds that you mentioned). It just needs some slight adjustments.

Thanks for the kind words mate. To be honest, I'm 99% sure that people on NA will also start to run "duel builds" especially with tournaments with high price pools. Imo it doesn't matter much if a duel build is viable open world or not (people will just start running duel builds in open world as well and call it a day :D ), what matters is that you can't beat a well played mag dk with Surge and Duroks on most classes unless you play a duel build by yourself.

Jeff didn't start the duel meta btw, I remember that he played medium armor bow nb for a long time and even changes to such an open world if he fights against other open worlds builds like me for example (and even joined tournaments with it - when medium armor builds were completely trash during Dark Brotherhood). Can't blame him for playing a duel build now, it's necessary unless you enjoy getting slaughtered - I would do the same if I would play the game more often.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tourney is tomorrow! OP updated with details. Check the new location and changes to the rules.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are interested, I'd also like to stream the tournament. I can easily make an NA baby char to watch from, and join teamspeak with any other commentators, I think me and Kodi still have a shared teamspeak somewhere.

Let me know either way so I can prepare, my normal audience is 250-350 viewers at any time (A tournament would naturally be more)
    @NightbladeMechanics
    Edited by Blobsky on December 16, 2017 11:44AM
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B-but the beach in Auridon was so pretty... :lol:

• Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    I hope to be back to spin to win to victory.
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Catch this weekend's tournament on @Blobsky 's stream.

Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great tournament there, was a pleasure to host the stream for this
    Edited by Blobsky on December 17, 2017 12:33AM
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!