The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Why are you locking an event behind forced grouping?

Zorvan
Zorvan
✭✭✭✭
https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/10millionstories
Event is live from Nov. 30 at 10 a.m. EST until Dec. 6 at 10 a.m. EST. Complete a random dungeon via the Dungeon Finder – Normal or Veteran mode – to earn a Mysterious Reward Box. This curious cache could contain loads of awesome in-game rewards: consumables, pets, costumes, and even a massive collection of super rare mounts and houses. You can obtain a Mysterious Reward Box once per day per character.

You know the majority of your players solo, right?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
I've been muted since November 2017 because of the whiny crybabies on this forum and the liberal ZOS employees coddling them.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zorvan wrote: »
    Event is live from Nov. 30 at 10 a.m. EST until Dec. 6 at 10 a.m. EST. Complete a random dungeon via the Dungeon Finder – Normal or Veteran mode – to earn a Mysterious Reward Box. This curious cache could contain loads of awesome in-game rewards: consumables, pets, costumes, and even a massive collection of super rare mounts and houses. You can obtain a Mysterious Reward Box once per day per character.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Its an mmo for gods sake. Dont expect to get everything by being antisocial! Yeesh.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrong, it is an MMO, won't kill you to group up once.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well looks like you can get 4 solo'ers together and finish the dungeon 4x quicker.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Its an mmo for gods sake. Dont expect to get everything by being antisocial! Yeesh.

Guess what? MMO doesn't mean forced grouping, it just means other people are in the same world as you. Also, again, most players in ESO solo.
    I've been muted since November 2017 because of the whiny crybabies on this forum and the liberal ZOS employees coddling them.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh this is news to me, also some normal delves can be solo'd, I'm looking at you FG 1
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ooh this is news to me, also some normal delves can be solo'd, I'm looking at you FG 1

Yeah, if it required just running a dungeon that'd be fine.Tying it to dungeon finder however means group or no soup.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy way to do this is roll a new character. Get them to level 10 .make a healer or tank. Que for random. This way you will get all easy dungeons . Even better if you have cp to give your baby character.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And guess what, just like other RNG crates you will have to do it more than once to get something other than the normal junk.
    So suck it up or just pass on it.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

95% of my total play time in ESO has been soloed.

But even I use Group Finder once a day for the Daily Dungeon Bonus.

It is not hard, taxing, socially awkward to join a Queue run a dungeon and log out. If I can do it, anyone can.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not problem for me that I must group and do dungeons with people. It's problem that I'm forced to do propably White-Gold Tower and Ruins of Mazzatun everyday.
    Edited by Shardan4968 on November 19, 2017 12:45PM
    PC/EU
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ps, OP, this isn’t Skyrim. Don’t get bitter because you have to play with other people.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Its a MULTIPLAYER GAME.
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Not sure if you noticed, but its an MMO (Massive Multiplayer Online). So its normal to put things behind group-events. If you dont like it, go play Skyrim instead.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or here and idea
    Use your guilds, fill the spots and then use group finder. Then you can be social with your guildies/mates
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Guess what? MMO doesn't mean forced grouping, it just means other people are in the same world as you. Also, again, most players in ESO solo.

Well then, good on ZoS for appealing to more than one crowd. And I am pretty sure the majority do more than one thing.
  • kaiage
    kaiage
    ✭✭✭
    massively singleplayer online game.
    an anonymous EP nightblade and Templar...
    also; a warden and nightblade of the aldmeri flavour.

"there's a dragon with matches, that's loose on the town..."
    "it's no easy road, this struggle and strife... we find ourselves, in the show of life" - tab @ the tab
    If you've been fallen by my steel or blade - sorry there's no tomorrow for yeh!
    Kidding;) don't take it so bad, I've been doing this a long time
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS uses the events to get people to play different aspects of the game.

Witchmother's Festival makes people kill dungeon bosses in delves, dolmens, dungeons and trials.
    New Life Festival makes people go to a ton of zones and learn how to fish.
    Jester's Festival makes people steal. Oh the complaints from the paladin characters about stealing on the Princess the pig quest!
    Midyear Mayhem was 2 solid weeks of glorious forced PVP!. (I mean you could get your AP by repairing walls and questing, but who did that?

The last crown crate reward event made people log on and kill an enemy.

This reward event is focusing on getting people into the group dungeons, right after ZOS just changed the group finder level requirements to better reflect dungeon difficulty. That sounds right in line with some of the other things that ZOS has tried to use events to get players to do during events.
    Edited by VaranisArano on November 19, 2017 1:25PM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Witchmother's Festival makes people kill dungeon bosses in delves, dolmens, dungeons and trials.
    Jester's Festival makes people steal. Oh the complaints from the paladin characters about stealing on the Princess the pig quest!
    Midyear Mayhem was 2 solid weeks of glorious forced PVP!. (I mean you could get your AP by repairing walls and questing, but who did that?

This reward event is focusing on getting people into the group dungeons, right after ZOS just changed the group finder level requirements to better reflect dungeon difficulty. That sounds right in line with some of the other things that ZOS has tried to use events to get players to do during events.

This is a very well explained post, well done sir, have an awesome.
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nailed it.
    There's really nothing more to add.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

True, but then most players don't PvP either. The fact remains that some players focus on grouping, some players focus on PvP and it is right that those players get their turn at a DLC targeted at their playstyle and also get an event targeted at their playstyle.

I have zero interest in either group or PvP activities but I welcome the fact that ZOS doesn't leave those activities out of their development of the game.

If it also serves as an encouragement to players to try different a different aspect of the game then that has to be a good thing too.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not problem for me that I must group and do dungeons with people. It's problem that I'm forced to do propably White-Gold Tower and Ruins of Mazzatun everyday.
    That problem has been solved, low level players will not be queued for dlc dungeons anymore.
    As another effect I hardly ever get dlc dungeons as random normal.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • agingerinohio
    agingerinohio
    ✭✭✭
    A majority of the players are not solo, seeing as how this is an MMO. I think it's great they're doing things like this. Changes stuff up. Why must people complain?
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so looking forward to this event, been beefing up toons I haven't touched in months just to prepare.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do not need to communicate with the group. Look at this like public dungeon with random players wandering around and killing same mobs as you. It works for normal dungeons.

They are not "other players", they are just advanced AI.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, people just do not get enought, every time someone "must" complain....
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are plenty of solo events already, and its nice to have a dungeon-focused event once in a while. You get the same reward for normal difficulty so no one is actually excluded.
    And let's not forget that its very unlikely to get something valuable anyway. I think that those boxes will have a 99% chance to drop an equivalent of laurel branch or worms from Halloween event... Or something like that.
    Tandor wrote: »

If it also serves as an encouragement to players to try different a different aspect of the game then that has to be a good thing too.

This! Its more important that some people seem to think.
    When I bought this game, I thought I'd just play solo. But when I tried group content, I actually liked it, even though I was really biased ( I thought I wouldnt even touch those group dungeons with a 10 foot pole).
    Of course, everyones experience is different, but I'm pretty sure I'm not unique.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on November 19, 2017 2:12PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    “We don’t even use the term MMO with The Elder Scrolls Online anymore, because really it’s not,” game director Matt Firor says. “MMO was a term coined in 1997 with Ultima Online, EverQuest, and Dark Age of Camelot – we are not that game.”

https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited/the-elder-scrolls-online-MMORPG
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cite your sources for "the majority of your players solo".

Then go stand in line behind the "why are you locking an event behind PvP?", "why do you force questing for events?", "not fair that event achievements require dlc", "my local laws don't allow me to participate in the contest, shame on Zeni for being compliant with laws and denying me free stuff" complainers.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    You have had your over world events no it's time for a dungeon event. Btw dont pretend every1 play the way you do. Please present some data that proves your point of.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You're not on the skyrim forums.