The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why can't women wear beards? This is sexist crap.

• Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #LADYBEARD
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't women wear beards?
    ...because ZOS is discriminating against circus folk?
    the_amazing_bearded_lady_cartel_by_akriel-d7ga2ti.jpg

Or just does not like dwarves enroaching on dwemer territory?
    5dabdcb5e1481b2acd9ee8bde6ce0a73--the-rats-geek-stuff.jpg

:p;)

On a more serious point...
    ...I say, the beards should be allowed. Circus folk (and dwarf girls from other fantasy worlds) aside, there is traditional precedent for woman slapping on false beards as a disguise, yes? i totally would love to see that being possible in ESO as well, purely for roleplay possibilities!
  • BladedMischief
    BladedMischief
    ✭✭✭
    I don't quite understand how it's sexist, but in a way. I see what you're saying in regards to female characters and beards.
    There shouldn't be a restriction here for what we can and can't use for the female characters. Especially when it's just hair in this situation.
    But the whole sexist thing is ground that I'd rather not tread on. It can go far too into things and will inevitably cause more trouble than it's worth when it brings around the whole "why can't my male character have *this item* when female characters can.
    -just my opinion
    ~We're a community of adventurers. No matter which banner we fight under~
  • Tarum
    Tarum
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry in advance for my uncorrect English.
    It's creepy when people think that "because this is a fantasy world" everything should be magically allowed.
    This game is already too much non-lore friendly because of pupmkin costumes and tons of other stuff that you obviously will never see in a single player TES (vanilla).

I already wear a heavy set of Hlaalu armour that looks almost identical to a Redoran set from any other TES game. And the Telvanni helmet have the shape of the Redoran Watchman Helmet. This is already too much.

Now we can't have peple Flying on brooms, arse shoulderpads, sunglasses, LOTR Dwarves and beards on female just because this is fantasy and Sheogorath exist in the lore.

Restrictions are needed, same reason bacause I can't use Argonian cosmetics on a Nord.
    And male doesn't grow female dresses, they wear it. As female can wear male stuff.
    Growing beard is another fact, like if I would grow feminine shapes on my male character....

My 2 Septims.

Edited by Tarum on November 17, 2017 9:36AM
    Some of my sculpts (the ones i'm allowed to share, not under copyright)
    andreatarabella.blogspot.com.es/
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ladies having beards in a video game won't emasculate your beardless selves, boys. However, getting triggered over this does that just fine.

This thread really brought out the worst of the ESO community.

RE Lore: I could use this on my beardless toons to instantly have luscious facial hair despite being perfectly clean shaven for years (without the shaving part). Makes perfect sense females could magic up some hair also. 100% with you @curlyqloub14_ESO
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This forum never ceases to amaze me. Racism towards argonians, being insulted for not having meat-free max health food, unability to grow beards on female chars... this is worth my while.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My question is, WHY can't men have access to the female jewelry? Right now there is very little men can wear as jewelry.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is one of the most LGBT friendly games I've ever seen, without making it a huge deal. They show same sex relationships like it's just a part of everyday life, as it is and should be. You will hardly see acceptance like that in any other game out there, ESPECIALLY in a MMO.
    Then there's [snip] like this.....
    THIS is why people hate forums.
    You've litterly hit the bottom of the barrel of things to complain about.

FFS......

[Edited to remove profanity masking]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on November 17, 2017 4:05PM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ruckly wrote: »
    IMO ESO or any mmo isn't really the forum to protest cultural norms that have been around since there has been culture and that which is deemed normal associated with culture. If you want to create a contrary counter-culture build a new way church of bearded women. I'll stop here because the result of that if it ever took hold would be unspeakable in this present culture and its norms.

Cultural norms change all the time.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there was just a thread about men and female accesories and makeup. alot of transgender mtf play there toons as males and adapt them to look and present and be female. it allows them kinship to that toon. why would the same not be allowed for ftm? maybe that toon started as a women. and now he wants his appearance to emulate the gender he knows he is. and cant afford the surgery(crown store appearance change) having a beard will let him feel more like himself.
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IA beards for female characters needs to be a thing!!!!!!
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IA beards for female characters needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Youre dead to me
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beards are for dwemer women only
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bevik wrote: »
    [Snip].

There's a character in a quest who looks masculine, has a beard, and is referred to in game by their friends as "she", and at the end of the quest rejoices about finding some dresses to wear.

It's been done in this game, by the devs, in quests.

The world has moved on, or is trying to, and you haven't. Live with it.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on November 17, 2017 4:06PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Bevik wrote: »
    [Snip].

There's a character in a quest who looks masculine, has a beard, and is referred to in game by their friends as "she", and at the end of the quest rejoices about finding some dresses to wear.

It's been done in this game, by the devs, in quests.

The world has moved on, or is trying to, and you haven't. Live with it.

I can't remember that quest but it's ok if it happens occasionally but not in every corner of the game.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on November 17, 2017 4:06PM
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZoS, this is utter bullsh*t. None of the "girly" hairstyles, makeup, or dresses are restricted to only female characters. Anyone who wants to equip that stuff on their male character is free to do so, and yet the beard ....

N1NjnVM.png

This isn't the first item like this. There are posts dating back years full of people complaining about restrictions to items like this. ZoS representatives have promised changes in the future on more than on occasion, and yet, no change. Why am I not surprised?

The items limited to a certain race are bad enough, but to restrict one gender and not the other is flat out sexist.

If i have to look a big orc-man in a wedding dress, I want to be able to put a damn beard on my female elf. Make it so!

so people stop looking stipid like having a fat male orc wearing a pink mini skirt
    Edited by Insandros on November 17, 2017 12:47PM
  • ssorgatem
    ssorgatem
    ✭✭✭✭
    It goes against lore.

A bearded non-khajit female would be like Breton with feathers and horns instead of facial hair.
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    ssorgatem wrote: »
    It goes against lore.

A bearded non-khajit female would be like Breton with feathers and horns instead of facial hair.

Show us where in the lore non-Khajit females are forbidden from having beards. We'll wait.
    I've been muted since November 2017 because of the whiny crybabies on this forum and the liberal ZOS employees coddling them.
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously...
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I would do it,, but men do have more freedom in other direction. Also it's not like women can't have beards, so yes the lack of an option is what I am inclined to support OP in their claims.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haquor wrote: »
    Epona222 wrote: »
    ereboz wrote: »
    There's nothing sexist about a woman not having a beard

[Snip]

[Snip]

Did you watch the link earlier from the devs where they said they wanted to do this, but graphical errors and alignment made it not possible.

Im just pointing it out since you seem so sure that the reason this hasn’t happened because it is a computer game and fictional women don’t have hairy faces. No it didn’t happen because they devs couldn’t be bothered to fix it, for what would be probably a fairly small amount of players. But keep the anger alive I guess.

[Edited for quotes]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on November 17, 2017 4:07PM
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    lmao so many people getting worked up about lady beards in a video game
    I don't think a lot of people would actually put beards on their female characters if it was possible, but I'm all for player freedom. I honestly couldn't care less about what other people choose to do with their toons.

Also, inb4lock.
    stam scrub
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kirameku wrote: »
    [Snip]

You have personally asked all the women in the world this yes?

Clearly there are some here who would like that option. Tamriel it is not like other lands this one she has heard tales told of no. We live in a world of falling sky anchors, talking crows, angry trees, grumpy elves, clockwork robots, purple old men and lightning magic.

Does a humble beard sound so very far fetched? This one she thinks not. A simple potion of beard growth could explain it. If a traveller wishes to look a certain way then why not? It should be the choice of the traveller to make yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on November 17, 2017 4:08PM
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ye even though in skyrim there were bearded female draugrs
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought I would contribute to this extremely important debate.... so I googled stuff... here is my contribution & also an indication of how seriously I think we need female beards in Tamriel! :D

reddit-ladybeard01.jpg
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also think if we are to have female beards then we should campaign for a /Duckface emote to go with it! Such a good look! :D
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STARFISH_HAPPY_mzvz5a.jpg
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I actually agree with OP here. Totally not fair of what's been happening though. But there are actually real Women with beards. I think it's really awesome, not to mention me in high school whom I had couple of former female friends, growing moustaches. (In which I believe it couldn't be helped and most likely in there gene pool. But I accept on who they are, and they are awesome to)

So I agree with OP, we don't have to be male to grow a weird. It can happen to real Women as well, not to mention 2 of my former highschool friends. So yes, why can't there be an option for other female "npc's" in the game? It’s a real thing in real life. Women with beards and we all should accept and love for who they are. It can't be helped, since I honestly think it mostly gene pool. But Yea, why is there not an option in game?

Link of 10 real life women with beard. (just some examples)

http://aplus.com/a/bearded-ladies-rocked?no_monetization=true
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perhaps as a compromise they could offer a sexchange in the crown store if they don't already? Then a beard could be included as part of the deal?

Just a thought...
    Edited by Flaminir on November 17, 2017 2:53PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What if I want to RP a female disguising as male to avoid people that are looking for her?
    Playing since beta...
This discussion has been closed.