Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Main Thread for Long Loading Screens

• method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can confirm that performance is terrible for the last 4-5 days at PS4-EU
    do not bother change anything from your side, its a game issue
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

Vasanha
    This one hears nothing. Sees nothing. This one only sweeps.
    desperately need a survey assistant
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just putting this here for the sake of sharing.

Last night I was experiencing HORRID load times for battlegrounds. Then on revive it was taking MINUTES to load after a revive. It was HORRID. So I came to the forums to vent this needed to be fixed asap.

Then I recalled I had installed a new addon to help with FPS in PvP areas (namely Cyrodiil). When entering a PvP map it would auto-reduce your sampling. When entering a PvE map it would revert the change. I disabled this along with some other unnecessary for PvP addons and bam, fixed.

While doing the above I made a new PvP only addon setup. It includes only 3 addons. My load screens for EVERYTHING vastly improved, above what I normally was having. The addons I have now enabled for my PvP setup are Azurah, padUI and Votan's Minimap. Wonderous.

[Edit to add] The culprit addon I believe was causing my issue and immediately removed is named PvP FPS 2018.
    Edited by VexingArcanist on May 25, 2018 12:13PM
  • TT33
    TT33
    Timed the loading for my wayshrine issue. About 1 minute 30 seconds when I get the loading issue. Otherwise it is about 1 second when working as it should.
  • misslexinub19_ESO
    Seriously - this is really bad. Trying to do an anchor circuit is just impossible. By the time it finally loads me - my group is 2 anchors ahead already. I can't decide which is worse - this or the mail system the you STILL need to 'zone' to receive mail from! UGH!
  • waistlessrwb17_ESO
    I've been getting long load screens on wayshrines in Deshaan. After running the dolmens there for an hour I've figured out a rough pattern of where these load screens occur, as marked on the screenshot. These load screens occur regardless of how many players are running the dolmens, only a few and it still occurs.

7oiZi4l.jpg

edit: Swap leftmost orange circle with rightmost green circle if your dolmen rotation is left to right, instead of right to left. It seems where you teleport from has an impact as to if you get a long load screen.

"Not recently" means these wayshrines will always load when porting in a dolmen rotation. Porting to your previous wayshrine will never have load problems.

Disabling all addons has not prevented these load screens from occurring. Most dolmen wayshrines in populated areas such as Alikr follow the same pattern of you will get a load screen if the dolmen is active when you port. Meaning to avoid these you must either manually port immediately after previous dolmen finish or be very fast on mount to get to wayshrine. I've also noticed stuttering at these areas if I get to there as the dolmen spawns, may or may not be related.

If you’re a PC player, let us know what sort of processor you’re running.
    R5 1600X (6core12thread) @ 4.0ghz

Are you utilizing any sort of SSD?
    Game is running off a Samsung 840 (256GB)

If anyone else running Deshaan dolmens gets different results, do post!
    Edited by waistlessrwb17_ESO on June 1, 2018 6:40AM
  • waistlessrwb17_ESO
    Follow up: If you're having these load screen problems around dolmens etc, just reduce your view distance. I noticed that "bridging" wayshrines (find a shrine that loads quick then hop to nearest to nearest) was also a way to get around without long loading screens, then i realized my view distance was at 100. (oops!) Now at 0 i have no problems.

So I'm pretty sure then: the game is like a tall person hitting their head on a doorway. When the game has more in a new area to load it is effectively "taller". If it gets marginally taller just by having a dolmen in the area active, the game hits its head and has to take a 2 minute timeout to recover.
    Edited by waistlessrwb17_ESO on June 1, 2018 7:46AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More loading screens since the last 2 important updates
  • TT33
    TT33
    OMG. Previewed a house. Exit house. Loading screen 10 minutes...and counting. Thankfully server is closing in 4 minutes which will kick me out.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running on an M.2 drive. ESO loads everything, including cyrodiil loading screens within 20seconds or less. The longest loading screen I have is when I'm al tabbed looking at memes.

Check your drive, its probably old or slow. Upgrade to an SSD at least..
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • TheInfernalRage
    TheInfernalRage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA

AMD FX 6300 (4.0Ghz)
    Kingston SSD (regular SSD)

I used to run this game on a regular 1TB HDD, and the loading times are terrible. They occur randomly whenever I encounter a loading screen (traveling, resurrecting, etc.). After I transferred the game to an SSD, loading times were cut by more than a half. Although there are random times when the loading screen decides to stick around for a bit, but these are just very few times (especially when Alikr looks like its training an army to fight Molag Bal). My Cyrodiil experience is good so far in terms of load screens so I can't comment on it.

Ever since the patch that promised or claimed to fix the load screen issues, I noticed that the game became very disk hungry. When I first played this game, the loading screen was the same as I have now (considering that now I'm using an SSD). After that patch a few months ago, my HDD was just working too hard and the loading went terrible. It's all normal now thanks to the SSD.
    Casterial wrote: »
    I'm running on an M.2 drive. ESO loads everything, including cyrodiil loading screens within 20seconds or less. The longest loading screen I have is when I'm al tabbed looking at memes.

I don't know if this is intentional by the devs, but I noticed that in recent updates this game is becoming more and more friendly on systems with SSD's and unfriendly to those running the game on HDD's.
    Edited by TheInfernalRage on June 4, 2018 8:15AM
  • Lady_of_Tamarah
    I am having long load screens when i fast travel from one location to another since the last update

Yesterday I actually had to ctrl + alt + del out of the game because Daggerfall did not load after approx 5-8 mins and the time wheel just kept turning.

This morning before the server went down still the same problem with load screens - hope this can be fixed !
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know if this is intentional by the devs, but I noticed that in recent updates this game is becoming more and more friendly on systems with SSD's and unfriendly to those running the game on HDD's.

Completely agree. I had an HDD and this game ran bad. Extremely bad and it continued to spiral downhill. I recommend just getting an SSD or M.2 they're very cheap now days.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • SixVoltCar
    SixVoltCar
    ✭✭✭
    Gina-- I've been experiencing long loading screens since launch
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run a 500GB HDD with 4GB RAM 2G Celeron processor.
    I rarely have load screen problems with my EU account.

I also run really low graphics quality.

Loading Screens aren't what they seem; they are presented while you are placed into a queue.
    The problem relates to the volume of players in the zone you are attempting to access.

Prove me wrong. Get up at 2AM your time and see if it's different.
  • Heka Cain
    Heka Cain
    ✭✭✭
    I Travel.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run a 500GB HDD with 4GB RAM 2G Celeron processor.
    I rarely have load screen problems with my EU account.

I also run really low graphics quality.

Loading Screens aren't what they seem; they are presented while you are placed into a queue.
    The problem relates to the volume of players in the zone you are attempting to access.

Prove me wrong. Get up at 2AM your time and see if it's different.

A loading screen is loading all the content that has changed or updated around you. Sometimes, yes I believe it has to do with the number of players loading the same zone... It also has a large part with your PC performance to the graphics you're running.

I'm on
    500GB SSD
    2TB HDD
    M.2 250GB(ESO is here)
    32GB 3200MHz RAM
    NVIDEA 1070
    I7 6800k overclocked to 4GHz (6 core)

The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not running on a SSD however this issue with load screens did happen with summer set. Prior to that it seemed to have been mostly fixed.

ANY zoning that i do is going to result in a 2-5 min load screen

• Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »

I have ESO on an m.2 nvme x4 drive. I sometimes get 2+ min load screens. There is more to it then drive/processor speed.

I have a reasonably good system.

Ryzen 1800x
    64 gb ddr4 @ 3000
    m.2 sata 3 boot drive
    m.2 nvme x4 game drive

Some days I have reasonable load times others they take forever.
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA server
    Summerset Update
    Now I am even getting random Constant Load Screens leaving my home.
  • stuff12002
    stuff12002
    ✭✭
    Onset of long-load screen issues since Summerset patch. Load screen failing to drop after 2 minutes. Repeated application crashes solely occurring with long load screens. All occurring throughout Tamriel not just in Summerset.

PS4 Pro NA Server
    Seagate 2TB FireCuda Gaming SSHD SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 2.5-Inch Hard Drive (ST2000LX001)
  • TheInfernalRage
    TheInfernalRage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I forgot to mention that a few weeks playing this game, I suffered random load screen problems including after I hit login, when it's trying to load my characters, and in many cases when I am using wayshrines in Alik'r. I can't find the post anymore, but someone suggested back then that by prohibiting the connection to some of the servers, his similar problem was solved.

Ever since that day, I permablock one of the servers and there was a time when I had to hunt down problematic servers and block them. I can't recall, but I think it was after the release of Clockwork City that I stopped blocking servers (except for the one I permablocked because it really sucks for me). I did not have serious load screen problems by then.

However, as I mentioned in my early post in this thread, there was a patch that promised to solve load screen problems and it was there that I noticed that my HDD struggled. Fast forward, I bought an SSD to solve that. I totally forgot about the ZOS servers blocker that I disabled in my firewall.

A few days ago, I received a connection error that placed me in a queue (which was weird as the last time it happened was in my early moths of playing the game). It reminded me of the problems back then, so I went to my firewall and start blocking some of the servers again. It temporarily solved the problem. But sometimes I suffer long load screens. If it stays there far longer than normal, I just hit Alt+F4 to login again. The good thing is, when I'm in, I don't suffer long load screens anymore.
  • louisianalady43
    Xbox one system. Load screens are quite long and really ridiculous. It took over 2 hours just to go to 9 characters to
    get regular things done on each character(horse, equipment, etc). I see that you are trying to address this problem and
    also the terrible lagging in the entire games. It is very unnerving and will make someone ill with the constant lagging.

Please address ASAP. This is something that always seems to happen when you add new content to game. It should
    have been addressed before release.

Also is there a way to stop the store from coming up with every change in characters. All really tired of seeing store and
    what you are selling. I only want to see store when I am ready to purchase something.

Thank You
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen four or five infinite load screens in the last few weeks. It has always happened trying to get to the character select screen. I have to quit the game and restart it. I play both Xbox megaservers but have only had this happen on NA.
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting long loadscreens on pc na.

Also, I find it funny how old this thread is hehe
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry guys, but the long loadscreens and stutter are back hard, even when just walking around a city (Elden Root etc).

PS4 EU
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on June 8, 2018 12:27PM
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 dlc's and another chapter and this is still an issue? How many more years before its resolved?
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    Very long loading screens when my characters are logging into game.

Loading between zones is mostly fine, sometimes even faster than before Summerset.
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • Beaveri
    Beaveri
    ✭✭✭
    I have a laptop and from support they told that this game is not designed for laptops. Nice to hear this after playing frequently for 4 years. For me most issues have appeared after summerset patch. Here are the laptop specs anyways. :)

System: PC
    Processor: i7-8650u CPU @ 1.90ghz, 2112 mhz, 4 core(s), 8 logical processor(s)
    Zone/Doing: When loading character, When using wayshrines, When traveling to another player, after death in Cyro (crash or loading screen), BGs (random crash or loading screen)
    SSD: 512GB NVMe SSD
    Edited by Beaveri on June 9, 2018 8:00AM
    PC EU - PVP

Queen Visenya | Magicka DK
    Queen Valkyrie | Stamina DK
    Queen Nymeria | Magicka Sorcerer
    Queen Astrape | Stamina Sorcerer
    Queen Umbra | Magicka/Stamina Nightblade
    Queen Skadi | Magicka Warden
    Queen Greenseer | Stamina Warden
    Queen Marzanna | Magicka Necromancer
    Queen Kalma | Stamina Necromancer
    Queen Durga | Magicka Templar
    Queen Melisandre | Stamina Templar
    Queen Rhaenys | Stamina Templar
  • Nocturnal_Annoyance
    Ps4 NA - long load screens getting into the game and travelling. I would say least 50% are unusually long load time screens. Please unbreak :neutral:
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I should never take 18 hops to get to a server (unless it is located on Mars & even that's debatable), almost all of which are Alkami bouncing around their junk

& it should never be faster to close the game - wait of the server to let you log back in and then logon again than to travel between to wayshrines in the same zone

PC/EC
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy