Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Main Thread for Long Loading Screens

• anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Today PC/NA: Wayshrining from Riften to Artaeum. Load screen in excess of five minute (I timed it), finally had to force quit the game and restart.
    Edited by anadandy on June 13, 2018 12:43PM
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't even get out of my house in the Rift. Not going to waste my time retrying multiple times on infinite load screens. With 14 characters I wanted to do writs on, that would either take all day, or be impossible. PC/NA
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Endless load screens one after another again tonight. First when porting to Summerset to pick up daily quests, then porting to my house to get tank gear, then porting to a group member in vet Bloodroot. I had to kill my game each time and wait in MORE loadscreens: wasted my time, wasted my group's time. Not on, ZOS!

And now my game just took a crap in my house trying to decon things at my blacksmithing station - 0 FPS and 3500 ping.

And I forgot to mention before:

PC/NA
    i7-6700HQ @ 2.60Ghz
    32Gb RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just loaded the game this morning, chose a character to play, waited 20 minutes for her to load, gave up and quit the game.

For me, this did not start with Summerset. I have played two characters completely through Summerset......all quests, dailies, everything with no problems. These long load screens started yesterday. I've never had this before, even in Cyrodiil.

PC/ NA
    i7-3630QM CPU @ 240GHz
    32 gbs RAM
    Nvidia GTX770
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Amarlado
    Amarlado
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Infinite loading screens since last night, transporting to random places. Sometimes in-game houses, sometimes just a wayshrine in Artaeum, sometimes Summerset, it doesn't seem to matter.

(Save the carpal tunnel, ZOS; I've tried the usual recommended excuses suggestions, thanks!)
  • mikeabboudb14_ESO
    mikeabboudb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i wasn't having to much of a problem until to day, not a threat but i dont like to pay for stuff that i cant access well. WOW has multiple new things coming and if i have to go there to get a gaming fix i will. Please get this stuff put together id rather not have to play WOW for 90 days.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got an infinite screen trying to travel to a friend's home. PC na.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loading screens seem to be taking longer since Summerset, and yesterday I had an infinite loading screen trying to port from Stormhold to Mara's Kiss Inn Room. I had to force quit, and upon restarting the game, I was still in Stormhold.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Standard everything ps4 Data not stored on external
    ps4 na

Im not actually having that much of a problem with this, only wayshrining to areas you would expect this to happen, summerset, eldenroot

Occasionally loading into a character I get an infinite requesting screen tho (screen prior to loading)
  • runicnomad
    runicnomad
    ✭✭✭
    PC (NA)
    Processor: Intel i7-6700HQ

I see it when loading into different zones.
    Just recently when entering Traitor's Vault and Cloudrest Airie.
    I have not seen it when entering game just when I load a new area or at times reload the current one I am in.
    I am using an SSD drive on my system yes.
    All times this lengthy load screen happens except 2 of them it eventually loads. But it can take minutes or more.

just a thought but it seems to not be an issue with actually loading the game textures or similar things like that. I feel like it is I get stuck unable to connect to the server.
    There are times that I see extremely long requesting character load messages when I login as well as numerous other very bizarre server DCs and messages. Of course these could be separate issues. However it is not like my hardware is working in overdrive to load anything after a certain point when stuck in a load screen. It is more like it is trying to figure out where to place me in the world.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA
    Processor I7-8700
    16 Gigs 2666 ram
    1060 gtx
    Game is loading from SSD

Porting to another zone (Low Populated zone) Malabar Tor

Loading screen was 10 mins long without a disconnect

Killed the process... Logged back in..... tried to port into Malabar Tor again hit a infinite load screen...

Edited by Durham on June 13, 2018 5:02PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    PC NA
    Processor I7-8700
    16 Gigs 2666 ram
    1060 gtx
    Game is loading from SSD

Porting to another zone (Low Populated zone) Malabar Tor

Loading screen is now 10 mins long without a disconnect

same issue here as well sometimes it wont let me port i just have to force crash 10-15 times.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like Malabor Tor is down or something because I can port to others with out issue maybe its specific zone with these issues !!
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've given up for today. Infinite loading 75% of the time.
    forever stuck in combat
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First infinite loading screen for a while (usually they finish loading after a minute or two). Travelling to a guildie in Craglorn caused it.
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA servers

i7 3440
    GTX1080
    Hard Drive

Usually experience this during any kind of transport. Going into a delve, teleporting inside someone's house, using wayshrine to go at another wayshrine etc.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps4
    EU

Groups are more prone to freezing than solo play ...

PVE
    When I start to enter a high populated area I begin to get the lag, freezes and sometimes screen tearing ... It's worst when on my horse or my stamnightblade built for speed so it's something to do with draw times and loading in and synchronising other players ...

I'm not seeing black silhouette characters as much it tends to be invisible then players down in and enemies stay invisible

PVP
    Same thing groups more prone to the problem than playing solo

Lag worsens when people are running the psijic ultimate and time stop skill but where I feel these where designed to stop ball groups instead what happens is people ball up, time stop is placed ultimate is dropped, and the people stuck in time stop pop psijic ultimate and are now behind the time stop bubble

Maybe the additional calculations required to move a whole group is too much
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Several experiences from last night, potentially related:

1) A loading screen into a delve (Newt Cave) in the 0-bar population Shor campaign took nearly 10 minutes.

2) I DCed 5 times in a row while at BRK in Cyro. Attempting to log back in always let me sign in and load the character, but then the loading screen into Cyrodiil resulted in the "check your internet connection" error message. Strange that I can log in and select a character without an internet connection now...

3) Doing a random normal (pulled CoH I): I loaded in after a couple of minutes, but the three other group members all faced a loading screen of at least 15 minutes, at which point they Alt+F4ed and had to log back in to get into the dungeon. One group member's loading screen lasted over 20 minutes before they DCed. It took longer for everyone to get into the dungeon than to run the dungeon.

4) Back in Cyro after that: In Cheydinhal on Shor, with no other players around, I ran into a brief random loading screen midway through town. It was annoying, since I was in combat with an NPC, but momentary. After that point I could not interact with anything (sacks, NPCs, etc.), but neither was I stuck in the sprint mode that usually heralds a disconnect. I rode around Cheydinhal and towards a quest marker nearby. At one point my character and mount froze (I could still rotate the POV), but about 30 seconds later my character could move again. Roll dodging and bar swapping worked fine throughout. I was routinely attacked by invisible NPC enemies, but I could attack them back blindly and apparently killed several (gaining XP, per the notifications). The quest area target circle appeared, but the interactable quest objectives within it did not. Targeted abilities did not work: I could activate them when the reticle was over an enemy NPC, and the ability buttons "depressed" on my screen together with the activation noises, but the targets were consistently "out of range" per the error message on my screen (the same problem with activating containers). After 15 minutes I Alt+F4ed, since I had clearly lost connection to the server but the game wasn't acknowledging it enough to kick me. When I reconnected I was exactly at the point that I had run into the very short but very random loading screen in Cheydinhal.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA
    Porting into Elden Hollow II for a pledge.
    Infinite load screen.

EDIT: It apparently happened to the entire group. So going to port in after getting back in... another infinite load screen.
    And then... absolutely infuriating. Crash out on the last boss, of course it's a hassle and a half to not only get back into the game, but survive the friggin' load screen again. No credit for the boss kill so I have to do it all over again. Amazing.
    Edited by RogueShark on June 13, 2018 7:50PM
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    The multicore was going to fix it....cause ya know, more threads has alot to do with client-server communication. lol
  • Keileon
    Keileon
    ✭✭
    Last night, going from Greenshade to Malabal Tor. Had to force quit.
    PC NA | @ KudaKeileon | ESO+ | CP 600+
    Ilus-Lei Xerseus - L50 | Argonian Male | Stamina Nightblade (DPS) | Werewolf | Crafter | Pathological murderer || Caligan Casareeth - L50 | Argonian Male | Magicka Sorcerer (Healer) | Vampire | Worships Daedra
    Team Space Bat - L50 | Khajiit Male | Stamina Nightblade (DPS) | Werewolf | "Khajiit is trying." || Dances-Like-Stripper - L50 | Argonian Male | Balanced Warden (Tank) | Literally just does not care
    Heals-You-Idiots - L50 | Argonian Male | Magicka Nightblade (Healer) | Jerk || Pleb Imperial - Sub-50 | Imperial Female | Balanced Dragonknight (Tank) | Probably blackmailed and/or kidnapped
    Arynea Skycrowne - L50 | Bosmer Female | Stamina Sorcerer (DPS) | Way too happy for her own good || Careodry - Sub-50 | Argonian Male | Magicka Sorcerer (DPS) | OC insert
    Sylliriht - Sub-50 | Dunmer Female | Magicka Warden (DPS) | Vampire | Actually a Maormer || Marks-The-Grave - Sub-50 | Argonian Male | Magicka Necromancer (DPS? Healer? ???) | An actual zombie
    Swallows-Own-Tail - Sub-50 | Argonian Female | Magicka Templar (Healer) | Ouroboros || Orcish Obesity - Sub-50 | Orc Male | Necromancer | Meme

hi so I actually love crown crates

GIVE LILMOTHIIT RACE
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    F... Warden and Cyrodiil!!!!!!!!!

The most bugged class meets lag-bug zone!

I ride for 10+ min to come to Keep and then to enter it, I got totally stuck in the front of door, and enemies are around sieging.
    Typed /reloadui.
    I got dumped to load screen.
    10+ min I can't play a game on my Warden as she is in Cyrodiil but I constantly get booted out to log-in screen.
    After 15+ min finally entered.
    Spent 25+ min on nothing.

Cyrodiil performance is much worse after Summerset!

Ping goes 120-240+ ms. Crazy...
    Other players in AD zone chat are complaining how performance is terrible and unplayable.
    Edited by exiars10 on June 13, 2018 8:00PM
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mannix1958 wrote: »
    These are becoming an issue for me in nearly any zone...today it was "The Rift"....yesterday it was "Grahtwood"...why are these now an issue? I'm on PC NA. Happens often now whenever I switch zones....at times no issue...at others its a long load or an infinite load screen. Today I was leaving a barrow(delve) and could not go back to the Rift. Had to use task manager to break it...reloaded the game and happened again...will try this time with no add ons.

Okay a follow up...seemed to improve stability without any add ons. Still seemed a little sluggish at times but no long loads or infinite loads...even added a few back and it played better than with all. The thing is...I have always used several add ons and not had the issue prior. It almosts feels like the RNG has crept into load screens.....
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just if it helps to fin the bug... My experiences with infinite screens (4-5 min) are always the same:

About 70% CPU main thread
    25-50% rest of CPU cores
    Little ram used (like 6 Gb)
    160Kbps continuous traffic (on 50 Mbps fiber with cable)
    No disk use at all
    No antivirus or firewall

System: dual E5-2670 (16 cores, hyperthreading disabled), 64GB ram, 980 GTX 4Gb and Raid 0 2xSSD + 8Gb cache
    (latest bios, latest drivers on all)
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    PS4
    1st party HD

I get long load screens every time there's a load screen since Summerset released. Wayshines, going into delves or dungeons even loading into my house
  • Deedleqwerty
    Deedleqwerty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The long load screens for me happen in Cyrodiil. More common than the load screens are the perma freezes. I just had 3 in less than 10 minutes trying tp defend Roebeck. We saved it twice, and both times I missed the tic because I had to restart the game.

Freezes happen all over Cyrodiil. I've seen entire zergs frozen in place and the opposing team wandered in and picked them off one at a time. I've also seen both teams frozen with only a few players able to move.

For me, Cyrodiil is unplayable at this time.

I have an unmodified PS4 and play on the North American server.
    ~Deedleqwerty [PS5] / NA / EU
    CP 2940 NA / CP 1661 EU
    Aldmeri Dominion - Wardevils
    See you in Cyrodiil
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long load screens have been back with a vengeance the last 48 hours or so. At least twice did most if not all group members have to ALT F4 ESO and load back in again. Raid groups couldnt even enter trial zones without first disbanding the group.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought the long loading screen boss was a thing of the past, UNTIL Summerset. Now I'm getting them again, and it seems more and more frequently. Usually it's faster just to close the client and restart the game again rather than wait for the character to load. So @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , any idea on when we might get some kind of fixes in place to have these problems corrected?
  • Deedleqwerty
    Deedleqwerty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Freezing still an issue in Cyrodiil. Followed by login failure. Followed by not connected to Playstation network. Followed by another login failure. Followed by an extra long load screen.

unmodified PS4
    ~Deedleqwerty [PS5] / NA / EU
    CP 2940 NA / CP 1661 EU
    Aldmeri Dominion - Wardevils
    See you in Cyrodiil
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City Prison has had a bad habit of long/infinite loading screens as of late.
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA