Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Main Thread for Long Loading Screens

• rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me its not just long loading screens - I often get logged out when teleporting
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Loading Screens Online
    is back and winning again today
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno taking everyone in Alik'r 30x normal to travel around each dolmen than normal on PC/EU atm
    Edited by Gythral on April 15, 2018 10:52AM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Yamakaziing
    Yamakaziing
    ✭✭✭
    Load screen after load screen
  • ladyrio1b14_ESO
    So I was told to post this here instead:

I was fast traveling to a wayshrine in the Greenwood (on a psiijic quest) when I hit an infinite load screen that lasted about 5 minutes before I shut the game down and restarted. After I restarted I tried to submit a bug report and the "submitting ticket" just spun and spun and never submitted my ticket. It's been more than 5 minutes now and it's still spinning.

Update: 1/2 hour later it finally submitted my bug report (3x - since I tried it 3x).
    Edited by ladyrio1b14_ESO on April 21, 2018 4:50PM
  • Ajintse
    Ajintse
    ✭✭✭
    If you’re a PC player, let us know what sort of processor you’re running.
    i7-7700k @5Ghz

Is there any specific area or zone you consistently see a long loading screen?

It just happens randomly. For fun: I just waited for 40 minutes. Was not fun at all.

What are you doing when you experience a long loading screen?
    So what triggers it? Travelling (Wayshrine), Teleportation to a friend or Wayshrine. Or just logging in (character), character menu.

Are you utilizing any sort of SSD?
    1x SSD

System:
    CPU: i7700k @5Ghz
    RAM: 16GB @3000Mhz
    GPU: Geforce GTX 1080 @2.2Ghz
    DISK: SSD (1TB)
    Edited by Ajintse on April 23, 2018 2:49PM
    "The moon is my sun, the night is my day, blood is my life and you are my prey."
    Ajintse - (Magicka Vampire Nightblade)
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same in PC Eu as well including Cyrodiil. And Cyrodiil is by all means teh worst of teh worst. more then 6 minutes loading scren while simply tp from one keep to another, with SSD's. According to others even CTD also happens.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • mike_skleinub17_ESO
    On Xbox one X. I got "this may be a fairly long loading time" pretty regularly. So much so that I was thinking they should change the text to "this may be a fairly normal loading time"

Happens doing anything really. From logging in, to zoning in/out of my Knix room. to wayshrining in/out of one zone to another. Within the same zone its pretty quick. So, guessing it has something to with local population wherever im zoning in to. Except that doesn't really make sense for the Knix tavern in mournhold.

Think more load balancing needs to be put in.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday Vivic PC NA server was a nightmare with load screens. I had three in a row just trying to move from one Keep to another via the Transit shrines. Over 10 minutes wasted waiting to get back into the game and loss of a lot of AP. Then several more at random times. The load screen issue is just got old. ZOS I do not know what your problem is about getting a handie on this issue. You have had four years and all I ever hear is "We are Working On It". Pathetic to say the least.
  • Merenwen_812
    Merenwen_812
    ✭✭✭
    If you’re a PC player, let us know what sort of processor you’re running.
    i7-4710HQ @2.5Ghz

It just happens randomly. Find it longest when I travel to player or travel to place. Entering a dungeon is rather long too.

So what triggers it? Travelling (Wayshrine), Teleportation to a friend or Wayshrine. Or just logging in (character), character menu.

no I had a SSD but the space was too small so went to normal 2TB drive..the load screens ARE double on the normal compared to the SSD but it was still long on SSD

System:
    CPU:i7-4710HQ
    RAM: 8GB
    GPU: Geforce GTX 850M
    DISK: Internal HD (2TB)

• vendeatha
    vendeatha
    ✭✭✭
    What's point in telling you our specs nothing ever gets done! same as always Loading screen HELL!
    Like talking to a brick wall! you never will fix this loading forever screens in Cyro. might as well talk to wall might get more sense.
  • Ajintse
    Ajintse
    ✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    For me its not just long loading screens - I often get logged out when teleporting

Yep! Happens too.
    "The moon is my sun, the night is my day, blood is my life and you are my prey."
    Ajintse - (Magicka Vampire Nightblade)
  • david.allenb14_ESO
    david.allenb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Definitely something wrong with this game. I have a 4.4GHz M2.SSD ultra fast custom built gaming system. I'll often sit on the loading screen for 20-30 seconds when I transition to dungeons and other places. Happens most anywhere. No idea what could be causing such issues - and this is with a fresh install.

All other games are lightning fast with nearly no load time.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    1-2 minutes load screens have been back with a vengence recently on Vivec NA. Even when only two of the three factions are pop-locked, waiting 2 minutes when porting between keeps has been very common this week. Thankfully none of them were endless so far, but it still makes it hard to respond to an attacked keep if you get stalled for 2 minutes each time you port...
  • bikersrocha
    bikersrocha
    Soul Shriven
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

Yes, Cyrodiil.

Most when I resurrect, some-times using wayshrine.

Yes, SSD M2

Sometimes it takes so long that I am killed again when it load/ RSS/Keep fights.
    Edited by bikersrocha on May 5, 2018 11:12PM
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While dolmening in alikr I have noticed that when looong loading screens (1-2 minutes) begin to appear I can temporarily fix it by porting to somewhere else, like daggerfall, and back. Then the long loading screens are no more (until they begin happening again at some later point time of course). Don't know if this would also help those in cyrodiil?
    Edited by Jayman1000 on May 5, 2018 11:08PM
  • TheOneWhoSighs
    vendeatha wrote: »
    What's point in telling you our specs nothing ever gets done! same as always Loading screen HELL!
    Like talking to a brick wall! you never will fix this loading forever screens in Cyro. might as well talk to wall might get more sense.

It's fairly obvious that it has literally nothing to do with system specs.

Xbox & PS are fairly stable systems in regards to tech, and even they are having loading time issues.

From my experience in Cryodil, the loading screen issue becomes far more apparent during prime time (A.K.A. When more people are on the server). When I'm on in the morning warping around, it's a rarity for me to run into a long load screen.
    When everything is full, my load screens are **always** super long.

This tells me that it probably has, well, 0 to do with optimization on the client side. Granted the client side is poorly optimized and I can't get a stable FPS on my beast of a machine that runs other frankly more graphically intensive games at 144fps.

The sad thing is that during these long load screens, literally nothing is taking a big hit. Not network, not GPU, not CPU, not memory, not disk (And I even have the game installed on a 7200 RPM drive to see if it would take a hit).

What is very likely happening, is that the client is trying to revalidate textures and other files with the server, for whatever reason, and the server has a super long queue.

That basically explains nearly everything related to the problem.

Why would it be random: Because the megaserver "world" you're on is going to experience random load spikes based on people logging into it/leaving it/warping just like you/etc etc.

Why would swapping maps help: Because you're ending up on a new server in the megaserver cluster when you warp to a different map and when you warp back to the old one (because the old "world" you had was so full).

Why would it be more pronounced in Cyrodil: Because Cryodil basically has to be one big "world".

The reality is, ZOS is either going to have to update their servers (They need to do this anyway. Seriously. Setup more relay servers, >100 latency in the middle of America on a solid connection is frankly unacceptable), or reduce server capacity to something their servers can actually handle.
  • GWINDHA1R
    GWINDHA1R
    ✭✭
    I am playing on Xbox one X and loading Wrothgar is a major disaster.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xbox EU, 4 minute load screen traveling into Mournhold after completing VetAA
  • BladedMischief
    BladedMischief
    ✭✭✭
    Haven’t posted here in a while about these load screens, but here I am again.
    •Xbox One EU•
    Load screens are appearing out of nowhere. They don’t tend to be extremely long, but vary between 3-6 minutes on occasion. They have started appearing when I’m not even doing anything that requires fast paced movement, such as whilst fishing and whilst crafting.
    Random crashes have also started happening for no reason at all. Crashes have started happening whilst fishing, and even whilst just standing and doing nothing. I have stood to take screenshots, and the game has crashed.

I’ve tried restarting the game when these crashes/load screens are happening. And have been met with errors. Restarting the game fixes this issue from time to time, but it’s not a solid fix.
    ~We're a community of adventurers. No matter which banner we fight under~
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    Blessed Crucible is today's pledge and is unplayable and I know I'm not the only one.

EDIT
    Game has HUGE problems with everything - logging off and on, pressing E, pressing any key inside game.
    Edited by exiars10 on May 9, 2018 11:17PM
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes the loading screens are a problem, but it i get the message, that it's going to take a long time, i just quit the game, restart my xbox, and startup again, normally works. but more concern is the crashing to the dashboard, even just doing something simple like walking etc, i have 15 different players, and that all wind up getting the same thing. i have a standard xbox one, and none of my other games ever crash like that, battlefield, gears of war, world of tanks (40,000) matches played, and call of duty. please look at that problem, it's making a bunch of us to just want to quit period. i rather see this and the loading fixed b4 we ever get any new content, close to being non playable
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

We’re creating this thread so there’s a central place to have discussions and provide updates on the long loading screens that many of you have been experiencing. We know this issue is extremely frustrating, and for some, is preventing you from playing all together. We’re doing everything we can to get this fixed as quickly as possible, and have made it a top priority for our engineers. Our QA team has been testing various scenarios so we can collect as much data as possible, including hopping in and out of PvE zones, dungeons, Trials, Cyrodiil, and Battlegrounds, all with varying amounts of players (we’re utilizing bots for situations requiring higher numbers). We’ve also been able to pin down a solid reproducible case for us to investigate that our own Game Director Matt Firor was encountering.

As of now, our only update is that our engineers and programmers are still working to pin point exactly what’s causing this. Until we know, we won’t be able to put in a fix. As for what you can do to help…
    • Let us know which system and megaserver you’re on if you’re currently having this issue.
      • If you’re on PS4, please specify if you’re on a regular PS4 or PS4 Pro.
      • If on Xbox, please specify if you’re using an Xbox One, Xbox One S, or Xbox One X.
      • If you’re a PC player, let us know what sort of processor you’re running.
    • Is there any specific area or zone you consistently see a long loading screen?
    • What are you doing when you experience a long loading screen?
      • I.e.: Using a wayshrine, resurrecting, looting, etc.
    • Are you utilizing any sort of SSD?
    • If you play on Xbox, is the game installed on the internal hard drive or an external hard drive?
    • If you’re on PS4, are you using the first party hard drive or a replacement?
    Thanks for your patience on this, everyone. To reiterate, our priority right now is fixing this issue as soon as we can. We’ll provide updates in this thread as we receive them.

Provide some feed back please, because the issue is still going on on pc eu and also effects cyrodiil as well, wich is realy bad.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • TT33
    TT33
    Getting long loading times at the Wayshrines in Auridon.

Seems to be related to the distance between Wayshrines. As short distances don't seem to be as much as a problem (although they can occur).

Doing a Dolmen run, starts off ok, but then suddenly the jump from the Northern Dolmen to the Southern Dolmen (or visa-versa) can take about 30 seconds to load (when normally it is at most 3 seconds). If I do the jump to a Wayshrine in the middle of Auridon, and then go to the target Wayshrine (be it North or South Dolmen) there is no issue.

This was happening to me a few months ago, but has been fine the past few months...until the Summerset update earlier this week.

PC - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz

Game files are on HD, but Documents folder is on a SSD.

Will update if I notice the same issue at other locations.
    Edited by TT33 on May 24, 2018 7:35AM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Hey guys, just a reminder that we do have some load screen improvements coming to Update 17 next Monday. That's not to say you won't run into load screens anymore, but you should see some improvements.

Is this also the performance update that was delayed from CWC? Especially on console?

No, that's something different. We won't be re-implementing that until later this year.

I hope this comes soon.
  • TT33
    TT33
    TT33 wrote: »
    Getting long loading times at the Wayshrines in Auridon.

Update - my theory about distance seems to be false.

Unselected all mods and tried again...did not make any difference. Still random long load times on Auridon Wayshrines.

• Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure it has been stated yet. But couldn't all these ads popping up every time somebody logs be affecting game performance?
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
  • Matei
    Matei
    ✭✭
    If you’re a PC player, let us know what sort of processor you’re running:
    i7-870 @2.93Ghz

i encounter them all over the place.

Travelling to / between way-shrines. And sometimes entering a dungeon / delve.

I have an SSD but the game is not running on it.

System:
    CPU:i7-870
    RAM: 8GB
    GPU: Geforce GTX 750
    DISK: HDD (2TB)
  • Atlanta
    Atlanta
    Watch the Summerset Launch trailer now.......................see what you will not be able play.............
  • Tezz001
    Tezz001
    ✭✭
    System: PS4 Pro

Server: PS4/EU

ISP: Virgin media broadband vidid 200

Connection type: wired

Hdd: original 1 tb, and 2tb on other ps4 pro, makes no difference still have same disconnects and lag.

Game version: Summerset digital update preorder collection edition (something like that)
    Issues:

Constant disconnects, lag, login issues, disconnects between traveling zones.

Disclaimer: all issues not at client side, reinstalling won’t make any difference, rebooting router won’t do anything, witchcraft isn’t real (or is it) and won’t help. Sarcasm not helpful but relieves stress ;)
    Edited by Tezz001 on May 25, 2018 10:07AM