Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Main Thread for Long Loading Screens

• Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Had two in a row in Vaults of Madness tonight.
    Very unusual for me.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get them constantly. Currently get one after every character change/relog, even after the PS4 patch on 20/6.
    Also still getting the stuttering.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why this thread is not on top of the first page since the problem is getting worse and worse.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Nakiki92
    Nakiki92
    ✭✭
    Currently experiencing for a 3rd time a infinite loading screen trying to log in at Summerset, from the character log-in screen. I've already cleared my case on the console

I am playing on a XboX One on the EU server with the game installed on the internal hard drive.

I am now gonna try it for a 4th time and clear the case again because it might have not gone right, keeping posted if it might work

EDIT: It worked for me, after another case clearance the game let me logged in, at the moment I can play again.
    Edited by Nakiki92 on June 23, 2018 10:26PM
    CP 810+ XboX One - Europe Server
    Dominion Stamblade - Nakiki
    Ebonheart Templar/Healer - ZanuZika

Playstation 4 - Europe Server CP 116
    Dominion Nightblade - Zanuki
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just set foot into summerset for the first time and got an 'usually long load time' message leaving a delve :/

I'm sure PS4 btw
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not normally one to complain, but I haven't been able to get into a dungeon since the last update. I've gotten three fifteen minute load screens which resulted in me getting kicked off the server. :< I hope this gets fixed soon.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been able to get into a dungeon from a queue for three days on PCNA. Wtf is going on ZOS? Just now my group for city of ash 2 all got stuck in a load screen using the group finder. None of us could get into the dungeon. Group was eventually disbanded.

The other night all four members of my group could not get into Cradle of Shadows. We tried to queue multiple times and none of us could load into the dungeon. We eventually gave up.

I haven't been able to complete a single pledge since the patch now that I think about it.
    Edited by ecru on June 24, 2018 2:28AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Beodamacsa
    Beodamacsa
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting them everywhere even on character login screen when loading in its becoming a nightmare to be honest. PC NA
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    loading screen hit me and i force crash out to relog welp its like the game and server jus decided to have amnesia when it came to my account as i had to reacknowledge all tos agreements and where i was and what server i was on. sooooooooo we gonna admit theres a problem with the game yet? its becoming kindve obvious now that the game is beyond broken. its time to stop ignoring the problems and hopeing theyll go away because their only getting worse as time goes on.
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend and I queued together for a random and got Fang Lair, we were both hit with Infinite Load Screen at the same time. Ended up having to close out and relog. Once back online we were both able to port in normally and there was one other party member waiting for us. We ended up having to three-man most of the dungeon as several other people added to the group by DF were also not able to join us.
  • bethsheba
    bethsheba
    ✭✭✭
    So long now for me. PC NA and EU from character screen
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infinite loading screen when you enter trials,

Ryzen 1800X
    GTX 970
    16 Gigs of ram @2400

The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • TT33
    TT33
    Trying to get into Den of Lorkhaj as part of quest. Loading screen for several minutes and then game either kicks me out to login screen or CTD. :/

Tried three times. Will try again later.

PC - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz

Game files are on HD, but Documents folder is on a SSD.
  • stvwhitewalker
    stvwhitewalker
    ✭✭✭
    rather disappointed that with many long loading issue that are now occurring in both XBox and PC, there is no maintenance planned for this week.
    Saturday evening went round with a group doing WB's in Craglorn each time moving from wayshrine to wayshrine there was an extended loading time. Have just logged in for today and tried to move from elden to summerset after 5mins waiting gave up and reloaded. This time moved no delay
    XBOX EU
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good God, this game is taking a long time to load these days. I fire up the client, log in and sit and wait for five minutes and... nothing... just the loading screen with tigers and gazelles in what looks to be Greenshade. I finally kill the client and try again. Still nothing after five minutes of waiting.

I say F-it and fire up World of Warcraft and am at the characters screen within 15 seconds. I quit and do it again just to make sure. 12 seconds this time.

12 SECONDS!

I figure, let’s try ESO again just to see if it *ever* makes it through. This time, it does, after 6 minutes of waiting. I see my characters and am promptly disconnected with “Error 308 (6:3:1551:2) Lost connection due to inactivity. Please log in again to reconnect.”

I don’t know if it’s the DDoS protection ZoS has in place, but something is seriously wrong with getting to the server. Put some extra rubber bands on the gears or something or I won’t resubscribe because it’s just too annoying to deal with this ***.
  • Pixel_Zealot
    Pixel_Zealot
    ✭✭✭✭
    I clicked on this link when it was only 2 pages, loaded into 49 pages.
    Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA
    Running windows 10
    I-4790, gtx 1070
    Internet speed appr 115 up and down
    Ping is between 105-130

Intermittently getting stuck in LONG loading screens when entering instances (small caves, trials)

I've experienced this a few times since patch. In my experience when this happens it is a large group (12 people) trying to queue in to the area and all members are stuck for the same five-ten minutes and all are released from the load screen at the same time.

Last night I tried to queue into nMol with a group and was stuck for over 5 minutes, so I killed the client, logged in to an immediate bug report, logged in again and learned my group had the same issue. No problems with the instance after.

Previously I was in Cyrodiil in shor getting an AP buff with a group in voice comms and we all tried to enter a delve and were stuck for the same amount of time, released at the exact same instance despite one or two members entering about one minute in to our load screen. An interesting side note is that one or two of our raid killed the client and tried to relog, but they were met with a loading screen as well that only ended a minute or so after the rest of the group was released. (So it actually seems to be faster to just wait it out rather than relog).

I also have experienced this with Battlegrounds which is by far the worst, because each death takes five minutes to respawn and my group members seemed unaffected. When this happens your group has to play one man down for 95% of the match, which is just bad.
    Edited by Inarre on June 25, 2018 2:45PM
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU:
    Here the log files lines for a "longer" loading screen: ~ 7 minues

2018-06-25T19:37:59.543+01:00 Load Screen - Show/Hide - Animation Complete
    2018-06-25T19:37:59.543+01:00 Load Screen - Hide - Animation Complete
    2018-06-25T19:39:02.916+01:00 Load Screen - OnPrepareForJump - Blutmähnenhöhle^fd,in
    2018-06-25T19:39:02.916+01:00 Load Screen - Show
    2018-06-25T19:39:03.788+01:00 Load Screen - Show/Hide - Animation Complete
    2018-06-25T19:46:41.352+01:00 Load Screen - PLAYER Complete
    2018-06-25T19:46:41.352+01:00 Load Screen - Waiting On: CHARACTER_GEOMETRY, TERRAIN_GEOMETRY, KEEPS, FIXTURE_ASSETS, DYNAMIC_OBJECTS, USER_INTERFACE, RENDERER, GAME_DATA, TEXTURES, CHARACTER_ACTIVATED, SHARED_CHARACTER_OBJECT, RESUME_FROM_SUSPEND, FIXTURE_PHYSICS, PLAYER,
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Jammer480
    Jammer480
    ✭✭✭
    Taking bets... how long(if ever) til this latest issue in Cyrodiil get resolved? Still a massive problem on Xbox NA.
    Livin' the dream...
  • alouciafaye_ESO
    alouciafaye_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Processor: Intel Core i5-4690K CPU

Hall of Trials - Eastmarch
    Was doing the main quest. Was simply trying to enter through the door and I've been sitting here for ten minutes on a load screen. When it did this the first time) waited all of five minutes, I closed out the game and restarted. It happened again when I signed back in and tried to enter through the door again.
    Are you utilizing any sort of SSD? No
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭
    Not only am I getting insanely long load screens 5-10 mins. Sometimes longer and end up crashing the game to try again.. But I am getting Requesting character load for 10 minutes as well tonight.

Tonight has been a huge problem porting from my various housing looking for something.. 5-10 mins between each house!

Before tonight it has been happening with wayshrine ports pretty much in every zone but especially in Summerset.

Intel Core i7 -7700HQ CPU @2.80 GHz
    64 bit
    Windows 10
    My windows is on my SSD but my game is not.

• Chuck_Finley
    Chuck_Finley
    ✭✭✭
    Loading screens are the worst when first logging into a character. Every single time without exception. Also when randomly quing for a dungeon about every 1 in 7 ques results in a forever load screen.

PC NA
    AMD fx-6300 six-core processor
    64 bit
    Windows 10
    Using a SSD for the game and it did help load times somewhat but still by far the worst loading screens of any game I play.
    Edited by Chuck_Finley on June 26, 2018 2:33PM
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any updates on this?

• Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS what ever emergency maintence you did today on Xbox made it 1000 times worse
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    About 15 minutes ago:

1. Ran the launcher
    2. Clicked PLAY
    3. Put in my password and clicked LOGIN
    4. Waited 10 minutes
    5. I still had not arrived at my character-selection screen
    6. Closed the client and the launcher because this is just plain stupid

7. Ran the Battle.net launcher
    8. Clicked PLAY for World of Warcraft
    9. In 12 seconds... 12 SECONDS... I was looking at my character-selection screen

I don’t know what you need to do on the backend to fix this, but you will either fix it or will lose players, especially those who subscribe like me.
  • AdriRaven
    AdriRaven
    ✭✭✭
    I swear it feels like a 50/50 chance whenever I enter a building on whether or not I'll have to close down the client and try again because of the loading screens.
    It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by an ill-tempered corvid.
  • Silverforte
    Silverforte
    ✭✭
    You guys have known about these load problems since launch and have yet to deal with it. It's not client side. I've seen people with monster systems complaining about it then being echoed by other people with similar machines. I myself have an i5 on an ssd so there's no reason why it should take 30-40 seconds to load EVERY time I go in/out of an area. A cave took 20 seconds last night. A cave. You guys need to get this junk under control.
  • danedaw
    danedaw
    Soul Shriven
    I've noticed that when I'm stuck in a load screen, the task manager shows that ESO is utilising the GPU 100%
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is completely unplayable. 10 mins loading screens to zone into a *** delve.
    No, I am not going to renew my ESO+. This is pathetic.
  • AnkleSocks
    AnkleSocks
    Soul Shriven
    This thread was opened in November; that's 8 months ago. Not sure what to make of this?