The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Main Thread for Long Loading Screens

• Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taysa wrote: »
    How can this be linked with CWC when this issue with load screens has been an issue long before CWC was even on the PTS, let alone live?

Because with clockwork city they added a new pipeline for all information that get's funnelled
    into their servers. This new one was supposed to help with frame rates but was bugged on their coding of it and failed to bring all the textures in. This is what is currently causing the mass of INFINITE load screens across all sections of the game.

The load screens prior to CWC were natural affects of an aging information network, and are also caused by regional drop-outs of information transfer, I.E.- Distance the information has to travel to the closest available server for Zenimax and how many "hops" it goes to before it gets there. In which case the chance of your information being corrupted along the way increases and can cause load screens and dashboards.

These are issues seen in every MMO, and until we as a society create infallible perfect technology, we will always have them. Which unless you are god, I doubt you can do

Edited by Nelson_Rebel on November 25, 2017 4:15AM
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, these issues exist in every MMO. But not of this magnitude and not of this frequency, so you can stop kidding yourself.
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »
    RMerlin wrote: »
    I have to say something again.

PC - Eu

Before this " fix " the loading screens were business as usual, constant and all the time in cyro.

HOWEVER

They are EVERYWHERE now, and I mean everywhere. Come out of my small imperial house, long loading screen, or permanent loading screen. Go from Bandari Trading Post to Ral Kha, mega loading screen, DO ANYTHING, long loading screens. This fix has literally broken the game for PC. This is just......I just cant.....

giphy.gif

The fix hasn't even landed yet, it's scheduled for next week.....

From whatI understood they reverted back to before the last update. If they didnt, I dont know what is wrong, but the loading screens are god awful atm. The worst I have ever seen in the game.

They haven't yet, there hasn't been any client patching since they announced that if you noticed.

That change is scheduled to be patched in next week (on the 28th if I remember correctly).
  • DeathAssasin47
    Infinite load screen no change ps4 on any server. Yes even below 50 server. Upon death or when travelling, the occasional captured keep infinite.
  • PlautisCarvain
    PlautisCarvain
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA : in pvp à loading screen occurs only when we try to teleport from another way shrine than the main ones (at the gates)
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got an infinite load screen standing still in deshaan by the writ hand in dude. srsly.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • chemicaldwarf
    chemicaldwarf
    Soul Shriven
    First model ps4 older hdd .. having stutter gapeplay and audio micro cuts when in crowded places like villages.. random short loading screens while riding hard and inf loading screens in pve and pvp.. in pvp its 3/4 when reviving or traveling from one to another castle watshrine.. also in pve mostly when using wayshrine over distances of the map. Really hope this gets sorted. Thank u Gina for the communication on the matter.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PC - Eu

Before this " fix " the loading screens were business as usual, constant and all the time in cyro.

HOWEVER

They are EVERYWHERE now, and I mean everywhere. Come out of my small imperial house, long loading screen, or permanent loading screen. Go from Bandari Trading Post to Ral Kha, mega loading screen, DO ANYTHING, long loading screens. This fix has literally broken the game for PC. This is just......I just cant.....

giphy.gif

From whatI understood they reverted back to before the last update. If they didnt, I dont know what is wrong, but the loading screens are god awful atm. The worst I have ever seen in the game.

They haven't yet, there hasn't been any client patching since they announced that if you noticed.

That change is scheduled to be patched in next week (on the 28th if I remember correctly).

Did this update of the 28th was posted by Gina or someone from ZOS somewhere within these 22 pages of this thread? If so, they should put this and any further update on the main post on the first page, as an update. Not complaining, but a little suggestion that would surely improve communication.. @ZOS_GinaBruno, if you kindly would, please..

Oh, man, yeah, rough few weeks for ESO game time; roughest ever so far. Lost count of how many loading screens and crashes per gameplay. Sure, you have to close app, reload/restart and relog into your character each time, and that just becoming so repeatedly and annoying having to do each and every single time, with every loading screen and other crashes. For dungeons, like undaunted, and world boss pits, most times, by the time you log back in, the event in already over, and you'll have to do it over again to get the completion. At times, I have to reload/relog in for 2-4 consecutive wayshrines. When it occurs during a combat with an add, trash mobs or world boss and then you having to reload app and reload character; by the time you're back in, your toon is laying dead. Ha ha (was humorous, initially, but since becoming so damn annoying and frustrating with so many times occurring.) Damn, 3 weeks so far..

• kessik221
    kessik221
    ✭✭✭
    effing rediculous. they'll sure push out patches for online sales and free mounts but god forbid they patch a game-breaking bug.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

PC - Eu

HOWEVER

giphy.gif

Hmm, well my loading screens are awful atm, since the last maintenance.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbox na is dead
  • Golnebo
    Golnebo
    ✭✭✭
    Pc eu vivec since a week now (maybe longer) loading screens after dying and rezzing at a keep or camp. Loading screen takes at least two minutes. Sometimes more. Same behaviour when /reloadui, not when rezzed by other player.

If servers are full symptoms are worse..

Please fix.

I use an ssd disk and my processor is an intel core i7
    Edited by Golnebo on November 25, 2017 9:01PM
    PC - EU

{Nemesis the Magnificent} - Wannabe Magician with a nack for accidentally killing everything around him - Aldmeri Dominion High Elf Mastercrafter.
    {Knightmare the Wild} - Fiendish Templar Lady with a must kill attitude - Dunmer by birth - EP by choice.
    {Thinks-he-is-Funny} - Tough EP Argonian Dragon Knight. Drinks his ale in Belkarth - Secretly in love with his battlesister Knightmare the Wild. Battlegrounds King.
    {Son-of-a-Witch} - Confused Nightblade who took up the dark arts of black magic. Literally sits in Mournhold all day doing nothing. Dreams of returning to Dragonstar Arena.
    {Eilalenya Alkinaerith} - Strikingly beautiful High Elf of the Aldmeri Dominion - Seducer of men and elves - Learning the Healer ropes. Heals for fun.
    {Blue Bear-y Pie} - Think-outside-the-box Mastercrafter Warden - Enjoys long walks on the beach - Protector of Tamriel's fauna and wildlife - Breton lady.
    {Neopatra} - Grumpy old Veteran - Wreaks havoc in Cyrodill - loves her grandchildren - Redguard Brute. In case of bad mood she turns into a werewolf.
    {Sneaky little Maraya} - Gorgeous Redguard Bombshell - Evil stamsorc who loves to clear dungeons of monsters.
    {Seven of Nirn} - No-nonsense brutal lady-Orc. Always rambling on about the Covenant. Get with it or get out kinda StamSorcOrc.
    {Reeks-of-Incompetence} - Hangs in the balance DK. Studied to become a dentist. Alcohol made her do nothing all day. Argonian Historian.
    {Doctor Whoops} - Self conscious Sorc . Father to 18 children. None of which are anywhere in sight. Proves shield nerfs wrong. Currently doing vDSA.
    {Daisy Deathbringer} - Foul necromancer that likes to hang at funerals and graveyards. Mostly plays with the dead, does not deal much death.
    {Major Defiler} - Lovely necromancer who likes to study life. Puts the word romance in necromance.
    {Cindiana Jones} - Defected Templar. Very deadly in Battlegrounds. Likes to wander around Cyrodill.
    {Sideskirt Bob} - Nightblade who got his nickname when a lady Nord mentioned his waistline.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is absolutely done now, all because of the load screens, the enjoyment for this game is gone.
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top three challenges in ESO:

1. Trials
    2. Vet dungeons
    3. Doorways
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just putting it out there that in Asylum Sanctorium, St. Felms is still bugged on console. He has a maximum jump range which was fixed for PC players.

My group cannot complete vAS HM atm because of three things:
    1. A bug that makes playing St. Felms mechanics nearly impossible to follow, causing the fight be be significantly more difficult than intended.
    2. Players constantly crash. When they try to return they often get into a pattern of 100% consistent neverending load screens. This means there is an RNG chance to remove any player from your group over the course of the fight (even the main tank)
    3. Extremely low FPS, occasional game stuttering, and server-side lag

Will this all be fixed in the November 28th patch? Will any of it be fixed?

As of right now ZOS, your failure to push out even a semi-decent performing patch is why my group is no longer running vAS HM anymore and we don’t have our skins yet. Trials themselves are now load-screen messes as well, and you can see the lack of endgame PvE participation on the leaderboards. I can’t even quest in CWC without closing app constantly, and avoid PvP for the same reason as well as to avoid the enormous lag and unfriendy balancing towards non-zerg play. You’ve even started adding this new tier of Crown Crates that are solely earned through gambling and can’t be bought with Gems, making even the “whales” willing to spend a ton of money unhappy. It’s like you are doing everything possible to push players away and I can’t understand why this isn’t concerning you. CWC’s load screen crisis took weeks just to acknowledge when it should’ve been obvious from internal testing or at the very least acknowledged on the first day of console launch and fixed soon after.
    Edited by Vaoh on November 25, 2017 10:01PM
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 3 day forum ban for being unconstructive and negative seems to be up. Guess what..

* PvP is even worse with these screens and PvE as well.
    * Your performance enchancing is also screwed. The LAGS EVEN WORSE as well in general.. day by day.. and it ain't got anything to do with population since YOU already have lost a lot of people for good.
    * Also STILL waiting to hear from your CUSTOMERSERVICE who seems to be active warning and banning people that pay your salary. Yes.. I DO want compensation for this nonfunctional game.

I'am done with the forums once the last thing is done and I'am NOT filing tickets to SONY for that since it ain't like they broke this game for good. Pretty much having this feeling towards the game ifself as well.

Overall the game has been even more unplayable in recent days (IF that is even possible) so gg in all of the above. You want lose your paying customers than you doing magnificent job with it.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just really hope that after a month of virtually no pvp, on 4/6 platforms, that the zos team can really do their best to never let something like this happen again.. I know its more complicated on console, and im sure they have fixed it as fast as possible, but i have never seen the game soooo dead on xbox before... And i also dont understand why they haven't given console users something to say "hey were sorry this bug got out"... I mean i dont think its too much to as to give the nix ox to everyone on console or an extra crown cr8 or two...

Idk im not gonna talk about it anymore but i have seen plenty of other mmos give much more for much less..Even the game going down for an hour unexpectedly... This was a huge issue and as far as i know they didnt offer anything.. But i guess thats how they do it over here.. Either way i think it would be a good gesture.. And thank you for fixing the issue.
  • Luciferazazell
    Luciferazazell
    ✭✭✭
    You know on a saturday this really s.cks everytime i go in to cyrodill and try to fast travel to a keep it goes into loading screen and stays there with the message this might take an unsually long loading time are they aware of this issues its been going on for like a month already i thought i was going be able to enjoy a nice night of pvp but nope doesnt look that way
    Edited by Luciferazazell on November 25, 2017 10:48PM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oh hai thread

guess what?
    PC EU
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 (standard)
    North America

PVP and PVE.

Every time I die and have to resurrect,
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Solohope
    Solohope
    ✭✭✭
    Idk if this information will help but who knows, I never get a single long loading screens like the most i'll ever get is 30 seconds. I am a pc-NA player

PC specs
    cpu: Intel Core i3-4160 @ 3.60 GHz
    ram: 8.0Gb
    gpu: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750ti (the asus one)
    PC NA - @Solohope
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Transitus from bleaks to ash after playing less than 10 minutes PVP, RIP.

I can't afford to be wasting all my food while I wait in a progressively large queue.

Just re-queued for 20 minutes and now I don't even have a loadscreen, I just have a black screen trying to get into Cyrodiil.

PC-NA
    i7 4790K 4.00GHz
    16 GB RAM
    Win 10 64bit
    Edited by Bazeric on November 26, 2017 5:34PM
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The load screen problems are at least 2 years old so it has nothing to do with Clockwork City.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The load screen problems are at least 2 years old so it has nothing to do with Clockwork City.

It's gotten drastically worse since CWC on Xbox. Infinite load screens are everywhere even in PvE areas
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    ***, I got a blackscreen of death after a 20 minute queue to get back into Cyrodiil after I crashed the first time I tried to use the transitus.

So far
    7 minutes PVP
    3 Minutes Loadscreens of doom
    40 minutes waiting to get back into Cyrodiil.

PVP Q4 2017
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA Cyrodiil is still a lovely batch of infinite load screens.

Really considering dropping my subscription at this point. The only enjoyment I find in this game is Cyrodiil and I've been unable to PvP for several weeks due to these load screens. Was in PvP a grand total of 20 minutes this evening. 15 of them were spent in load screens.

Get it together, ZoS.
    Edited by Taysa on November 26, 2017 4:19AM
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • NME_ReAL
    NME_ReAL
    Soul Shriven
    Bazeric wrote: »
    Transitus from bleaks to ash after playing less than 10 minutes PVP, RIP.

I can't afford to be wasting all my food while I wait in a progressively large queue.

Just re-queued for 20 minutes and now I don't even have a loadscreen, I just have a black screen trying to get into Cyrodiil. RIPRIPRIPRIPRIPRIPRIPRIPRIPRIPRIPRIPRIPRIPRIPRIPRIP

What console and server has a full pop lock with all these loadscreens?
  • RobDaCool
    RobDaCool
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox One S
    NA Server
    External HDD

Long loading screens when traveling. A quick Google search revealed people were having this problem way back in 2015. Maybe, I don't know, its time to fix it? :tongue:
    PS4 NA -RobdacoolV2
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EU PC

Been in cyro 10 minutes and tried teleporting to group, 5 minute load screen. Seriously, it is just getting worse and worse and everyone knows it, is this really the PR nightmare you guys want? Broken xbox , broken sony, pc almost broken since cwcu pdate.....
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just absolutely appalled at the sheer amount of toxicity in this thread, especially about the long turnaround time for a fix, demanding compensation, ESO+ subscription cancelling threats, and overall dev bashing.

Look, I typically like to lambast ZOS's practices as well up until about a month ago. Their lack of communication and transparency and perceived ignorance back then made me a very salty player. But now, while they still have a lot of work to do to fix their relationship with the players and improve their game, I have nothing but praise for their efforts to at least show that they care. They're no AAA company, but they're trying.

Here's the thing: they're probably not going to discuss compensation until they have implemented a fix and made sure it is stable and playable. They aren't benevolent divines that can grant any sort of "compensation" you demand from them. They're not some game developer slaves here to do your will.

I understand and completely agree that some form of compensation is needed, but you guys really should give them some time first to finish the fixes and discuss that stuff internally. They will put out an announcement for it if they decide on one. It is okay to request compensation and make suggestions on how you would like it to be, but it is not okay to demand it like you own the place.

Please try to understand the work that is being put into their continuing development of ESO, and please show a little respect.
    Edited by HatchetHaro on November 26, 2017 3:36PM
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained