Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Main Thread for Long Loading Screens

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey for the record I just want to point out that telling people to "just play PvE" is not a workaround for this problem. I left a character at Mournhold after doing my writs this morning before work and am now trying to get on to that character. I have now logged in to that character 3 times. Each time, I run 10 feet and get stuck in an infinite load-screen. This is the definition of game-breaking if I've ever seen it.
    This issue is not affecting only PvP
    Edited by Apache_Kid on November 22, 2017 10:46PM
  • DynastyIXII
    DynastyIXII
    ✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Hey for the record I just want to point out that telling people to "just play PvE" is not a workaround for this problem. I left a character at Mournhold after doing my writs this morning before work and am now trying to get on to that character. I have now logged in to that character 3 times. Each time, I run 10 feet and get stuck in an infinite load-screen. This is the definition of game-breaking if I've ever seen it.
    This issue is not affecting only PvP

Right? I just got Morrowind and every other time I fast travel I get stuck in a loading screen. It's very much more real for PvP players but the whole game is plauged by this.
    PS4 NA
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    peak time and pop at Cyro is 1 bar...all i see is excuses for 20 days now
    i dont want your freakin mount-fix the game i bought from you (not sony or ms)
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

Vasanha
    This one hears nothing. Sees nothing. This one only sweeps.
    desperately need a survey assistant
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acidlite wrote: »
    @jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    Well let's see, were you playing on my console? Didn't think so. I am catching load screens in dungeons, traveling in same zone, in trials, in VMA, in PVP, in battlegrounds.
    Basically only time I don't get load screens is traveling to different zones. So yea it's unplayable.
    Your knee pads seem to be a little worn, you may want to pick a new set on black Friday.
    While I'm out shopping Ill try to get you some life. And a book. It looks like you badly need to get out of Tamriel and an alternative.

It's a game. Crashes? Get out for a walk, read a book, or play something else if yo ucan't turn the console off.
    I also had infinite loading screens while moving through shrines doing nothing but checking guild traders. Twcie a day maybe?

This is way different that what happened a year ago with Skyrim when the update produces blue screens on console every 2 minutes. That was unplayable. What's happening here is annoying. Very.

But maybe to someone who keeps pushing F5 to check if the servers are back online during maintenance the couple of infinite load screens per day are unbearable.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Acidlite
    Acidlite
    ✭✭
    @jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    What does any of that have to do with a product and service that I paid and pay for not working? NOTHING lol. I see you like to make large jumps in conclusions based on very limited information. LOL so you ARE out shopping for a new set of kneepads.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait a second.. I thought, or had the impression, the big fix or patch supposed to be with today.. yeah?? I guess not. Two different toons within the hour and 5 total wayshrine crashes and 2 separate other crashes; one while picking up a quest in CWC and the other crashed during combat in the world boss pit. I'm trying to scroll back and forth to see what the update or new information, but there a lot of pages on here, and it's getting really confusing. So.. wtf?!! This is just really sad. I was hoping to log back in and expect some kind of improvement and enjoy a relaxing evening of ESO. Bull smitch!
  • stuff12002
    stuff12002
    ✭✭
    This is why I always refer back to FFXIV when it comes to addressing their community when something about their game is harming the experience for those playing it. ZOS needs to take some tips from FFXIV playbook and focus on identifying, fully, the root cause of the pipeline drag, first and foremost. Not just saying that it is, but actually doing it. If there is a correlation to the enhancement which was implemented at CWC patch, yet ZOS still is not sure what is actually causing the issues, then it should go without saying that it should be more of a priority to ZOS than, say; publishing announcements offering free swag for logging in during this time. Focus on your fans, tell them how you will make it up to them, especially when your game as a service just isn’t working as expected. Don’t just say you are, but fully commit in a way that there is no ambiguity. Right now, fans are swimming in that ambiguity, whist restarting the game for being stuck on a load screen.
    Edited by stuff12002 on November 23, 2017 1:47AM
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    was this not supposed to be fixed today during "scedualed matenince"?
    pretty sure that was mentioned a few pages back by Zos
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy *beep*! It just crashing left and right. It's not just the long load screen crashes, you're crashing in combat fighting trash mobs and just riding around and *beep*. This is crap.. f it, I'm done.
  • DynastyIXII
    DynastyIXII
    ✭✭✭
    Barbaran wrote: »
    was this not supposed to be fixed today during "scedualed matenince"?
    pretty sure that was mentioned a few pages back by Zos

No they said that a PC/PS4 patch was coming to the Nov 28th and Dec 4th for Xbone.
    PS4 NA
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things have been ok on my end until this week. Had at least a crash every day where the game freezes and I have to reset my computer.

I'm going to change system drive and OS this weekend but I can't think of anything I've changed with my current setup that causes the crashes. Not playing other games atm either so can't confirm it's the gfx drivers. In my experience crashes like this is often tied to soundcard and drivers. But I haven't changed anything like that in over 2 years so I dont think it's that.

Do ppl experience crashes on console as well or is this a PC problem?
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kay1 wrote: »
    Besides the disgusting cockroach mount are we getting something else worth the 20 days of infinite loading screens?

That is nothing to do with the loading screens, its not a "we are sorry" or any such thing.

That is to entice players like me who don't yet have Morrowind to buy it.

Of course it fails at that too as on PS4 I can't buy Morrowind, only the upgrade which will be discounted only after the nix pet offer expires.

Go Team.....
    EU PS4
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lardvader wrote: »
    Things have been ok on my end until this week. Had at least a crash every day where the game freezes and I have to reset my computer.

I'm going to change system drive and OS this weekend but I can't think of anything I've changed with my current setup that causes the crashes. Not playing other games atm either so can't confirm it's the gfx drivers. In my experience crashes like this is often tied to soundcard and drivers. But I haven't changed anything like that in over 2 years so I dont think it's that.

Have you read the thread?

On console in cyrodiil you actually cant respawn with a full reset
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffler wrote: »
    lardvader wrote: »

Have you read the thread?

On console in cyrodiil you actually cant respawn with a full reset

No sorry have not skimmed through the 20 pages. I know there are issues with loading screens but does the game freeze as in sound stuck and bluescreen etc.? Guess I'll read through, you sound less pleased :wink:

Edit: Yes have plowed through the whole thread and yes it makes sense that my crashes are related, but why now almost a month after CwC came out on PC? I've had zero crashes but a few long loading screens in PvE. Had no problems at all in PvP but I haven't been in Cyrodiil the last week.

My crashes started just three days ago - most of them happens in Mournhold and I see several have issues in that area.

Well guess I won't do much on my end until there's a patch. If the problem persist only on my end something is broken. Sorry for asking silly questions and hope we'll see a fix soon.

System: PC (Win7)
    Processor: i7-5820K
    Zone: Mournhold, CWC
    Doing: Moving around, nothing special
    SSD: Yes, Samsung 850 500Gb

Edited by lardvader on November 23, 2017 11:26AM
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after many days without a fix or help i decided to buy the game again from PS store
    and installed to hard drive hoping for faster loads and maybe get rid of this loading screens
    no luck,just had two (2) repeatedly crashes in 5 min at Malabal Tor and again loading screens at every Cyro teleport
    im not yet giving up-i invested a lot of money and time to game but even the strongest bond sometimes breaks :/
    Edited by method__01 on November 23, 2017 11:53AM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

Vasanha
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    after many days without a fix or help i decided to buy the game again from PS store
    and installed to hard drive hoping for faster loads and maybe get rid of this loading screens
    no luck,just had two (2) repeatedly crashes in 5 min at Malabal Tor and again loading screens at every Cyro teleport
    im not yet giving up-i invested a lot of money and time to game but even the strongest bond sometimes breaks :/

Not meaning to be rude, but are you all right in the head? All these problems, everybody is having...ZOS confirming they released a bug with the last patch and you thought buying a new version of the game would fix it? WTAF!!!
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i know about fix but tbh game runs much smoother from hd (except 2 crashes i had today for the first time) and takes lesser space from hard drive(i dont know why)
    also,i dont have loading screens outside Cyro
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

Vasanha
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS isn't the only one with issues, Server Issue Resolution and Compensation - https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/567 but at least they are compensating their playerbase.

Your turn ZOS!
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    ZOS isn't the only one with issues, Server Issue Resolution and Compensation - https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/567 but at least they are compensating their playerbase.

Your turn ZOS!

Hate the game but fair play to that post they made. ZOS should deffo take that approach to its playerbase!
    Edited by Buffler on November 23, 2017 4:57PM
  • LiesandEther
    LiesandEther
    ✭✭✭
    I appreciate the aspect of the "testing and approval" etc etc business banter. But the real question at hand is, how did it get past "testing" and approved. This patch was obviously not tested, to say it was is a bold face lie. With 2 platforms as evidence.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This bandaid fix doesnt do a THING for pc because it was there before this update!!!!!
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    SYSTEM= Pc
    Proccesor= I3 110K
    GraphicsCard=Gtx 180
    Cooling=The legendary mdnhcoed/THE LEGENDARY MAGMA DRIVEN NUCLEAR HEAT COMPRESSER OF ENDLESS DESTRUCTION!!!
    Location= Outside of the map in malabal tor
    Doing=Writing *** posts on the forum while afk selling my freshly brewed skooma
    My nam jeff=No seriously im actually happy you are trying something, hope this is not just a way to calm down the community while you feast with our money
    Edited by teiselaise on November 23, 2017 9:36PM
    Argonian masterrace
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »
    This bandaid fix doesnt do a THING for pc because it was there before this update!!!!!

You seriously need to read. I play on PC and console. There are normal amounts of load screens etc on PC. The console issue has made the game unplayable. LITERALLY!
  • clydewjjrub17_ESO
    clydewjjrub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Something is WRONG. On occasion I can log in, usually ESO does not respond ( I have to close it in the task manager). I can log into ESO web site but NOT INTO SUPPORT! Even if I am logged into ESO web site selecting support and attempting to leave a comment requires another log-in that does not work!!!. Not only that, clicking on account recovery after attempting to log-in fails!
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Buffler wrote: »
    Jade1986 wrote: »

You seriously need to read. I play on PC and console. There are normal amounts of load screens etc on PC. The console issue has made the game unplayable. LITERALLY!

I know that, but according to Gina the fix they are working on is going to fix the loading screens in pc as well. But the proposed " fix " wont do anything to fix the pc problems, yes it may fix the console problems, but pc, no. Dont tell me to read when you clearly havent read the replies from her in the first place.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, the load screens since yesterday have become terrible on pc. Just a fyi.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Na PS4

Brk gives me and my whole group a load screen.

Anywhere from the lumber to the farm. This has to be the worst area on the whole map. Please investigate this area in particular.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I understand that Zos are working on and have found a 'solution' to the current loadscreen fiasco that console players are going through. I also understand that there are certain protocols that Zos need to go through with Sony and Microsoft to make it right. I do think however some sort of compensation would be a nice gesture from Zos. I'm not talking at something ridiculous like 6 months frees eso plus but maybe a double AP/Tel Var event or a double drops event on all items would be nice. Just a thank you to people for being so patience & for their continued loyalty.

Edited for spelling mistakes
    Edited by pod88kk on November 24, 2017 12:45AM
  • lynzylu
    lynzylu
    Soul Shriven
    I’m on PS4 Standard, and I’m pretty sure I have a first party drive. I am currently looking an infinitely spinning Alliance wheel in Grahtwood. This isn’t long. It’s infinite. I have to restart my game almost every single time I encounter a loading screen. I was hoping it would be fixed with the recent maintenance, but no dice... it happens everywhere, I’ve been too afraid to even try entering Cyrodiil. I really hope this gets fixed soon, I love this game, and a friend is starting soon. It sucks that he has to join up with this crazy thing going on. Thank you very much for your efforts. Also, I think maybe, since not everyone has a forum account, the notice that Zenimax is working to remedy this issue should be on the game’s opening screen so everyone knows, and we can shut up some loud mouthed people who are nonstop bitching on social media
    Edited by lynzylu on November 24, 2017 1:28AM
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lynzylu wrote: »
    I’m on PS4 Standard, and I’m pretty sure I have a first party drive. I am currently looking an infinitely spinning Alliance wheel in Grahtwood. This isn’t long. It’s infinite. I have to restart my game almost every single time I encounter a loading screen. I was hoping it would be fixed with the recent maintenance, but no dice... it happens everywhere, I’ve been too afraid to even try entering Cyrodiil. I really hope this gets fixed soon, I love this game, and a friend is starting soon. It sucks that he has to join up with this crazy thing going on. Thank you very much for your efforts. Also, I think maybe, since not everyone has a forum account, the notice that Zenimax is working to remedy this issue should be on the game’s opening screen so everyone knows, and we can shut up some loud mouthed people who are nonstop bitching on social media

An email to all active accounts would work too.