The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m traveling for work so maybe it’s the beers talking while not getting my pvp fix but; the saddest part about what Shor has become is, we all seemed to know each other. Hits me right in the feels. I’d even take penguin balling up at this point over what has happened
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dropped into Shor. EP was gate camped and apparently had been all day with Farragut and KC both at 5 stars. EP picked up some population for a while, but I saw maybe 10 DC all night and that included some skyshard hunters heading to the open EP gates who tried to group gank me. (Enjoy your ride back.)

Granted the low pop AP bonus was very nice, but there was no small scale to be found and even a straight up AD ball group.

Poor Shor.
  • Distillateur
    Distillateur
    ✭✭
    Ouch, I got called out for gate camping earlier in this thread as Emp. The truth of the matter is after taking scrolls, plus AD’s home keeps, I spoke with Blue Canoe and agreed to pull back to the ring so AD could get it’s footing. Proper etiquette for preserving a campaign. I did find myself back at Faregyl later in the day to recover Roe. When DC began to push home-keeps, I was forced to log for the day... BUT with the way AD has consistently camped DC, I understand the bloodlust and frustration that brings blue to do it in reciprocity.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YEr15R5.png
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took back Bleaks with 3 DC. AD emp + a few very well known players and about 10 people total came and zerged it back down. Emp and 10 AD with good players in their ranks against 3 of us. Then they went and pushed to EP gates again. AD are being absolutely *** right now. They’re destroying this campaign right now and doing exactly what they complained about EP doing before them.
  • Distillateur
    Distillateur
    ✭✭
    It’s kinda *** for AD. There’s a group that protects the map all day, but they don’t reap the benefits of the multitude that defend in the evening into morning.
  • sage2000
    sage2000
    ✭✭✭
    FWIW (not much, since they didn't listen) I did call out in zone those who were pushing EP home keeps today and explained why that's a bad idea. It was for naught as they did it anyway. I can't be certain who it was because I don't wish to be seen at enemy home keeps (unless there is a scroll) after I have given my word. I have my suspicions though.

Part of the problem in Shor (and I can only speak regarding our side) is that we get people who come into the campaign for the express purpose of emping. Some of them we have rarely, if ever seen before their emp push (right after the campaign resets) and we may or may not ever see them in Shor again after their reign is over. It can be hard to get some of those folks to care about the campaign no matter how much you explain it. Some do, some don't. They're not always emps we asked for...

As for Bleakers today, there was no organized group, people just showed up. I don't really feel the need to apologize for taking back a legitimate objective. Yes we absolutely should stay out of home keeps when there are no scrolls there, but anything in the emp ring is fair game IMO. And frankly it was a day when we were sitting around twiddling our thumbs most of the time, so when something actually happens, yeah people are going to show up.

Let's be real: all factions sometimes bring more players to the party than necessary for the objective. I've been focused down repeatedly by everything from small groups of good DC (and EP as well) players to full on zergs (also containing known good players) when you guys have the population for it. It is what it is. Is it the most satisfying or fair form of PVP? No. But there are no innocents regarding that practice. Pretty much whenever more players of any faction encounter fewer players of any other faction it happens.

It's not as though when folks show up to a fight people are always very polite and carefully break up into uninterrupted 1v1s or groups of even numbers until the fight is over...people generally don't grant me that courtesy when they outnumber me LOL.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes wonder if they could fix it by making shor and vivec both 30 days, then share scoring across both. 1 emp at a time per faction but if 1 side crowns one campaign while there’s an emp on the other and it’s a different faction; that faction gets an emp also. (Would be cool to see 2 emps go at it). Then load balance population between the 2. Makes Shor populated and relieves Vivec while no one loses their AP progress.
    Edited by technohic on July 20, 2018 12:26AM
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good night to pop in for a while.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Midyear Mayhem Confirmed. Shor will be where the party's at:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26449
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• sage2000
    sage2000
    ✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

Am I the only one who's not looking forward to this so much? When there are three bars of people on the map (sometimes less) I get skills not firing, bar not swapping, etc. I jump into a fight and look like an idiot as my character won't respond to me. Doesn't take too long for me to log out under those circumstances.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sage2000 wrote: »

Am I the only one who's not looking forward to this so much? When there are three bars of people on the map (sometimes less) I get skills not firing, bar not swapping, etc. I jump into a fight and look like an idiot as my character won't respond to me. Doesn't take too long for me to log out under those circumstances.

No doubt it’s gonna be trash to play, but I’ll probably stomach some big group play and defenses just for the AP gains.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sage2000 wrote: »

Usually for me; you’ll see me fire off a DBOS when no ones around. Like “WTF did this come from?”
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooo uh. . . this is Shor on Saturday nights? Doesnt seem like i was missing much :D

Screenshot_20180721_222217.jpg
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see you've met the new stambro meta
    • PC/NA
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, that seems like a personal choice to hang out in an emp permafrost.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least its just 1 name in the recap
    Edited by technohic on July 22, 2018 12:42PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBH the dawnbreaker inside of his own permafrost is pretty sexy.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s called a frosty dawn.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

That’s called a frosty dawn.

I like it.

It's not as classy as leaping in your own standard, but I like it.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dixon's not-so-daily Definitions™

Ult-Zerg = One player using more Ults than necessary to complete an objective.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    At least its just 1 name in the recap

And no Sloads
    • PC/NA
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Valen_Byte , are you going to start suing to enforce copyright and trademark infringements?
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @Valen_Byte , are you going to start suing to enforce copyright and trademark infringements?

Yes, but all I want is my stolen agree's back.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’re gonna nickel and dime you. I bet you don’t even get half of them and you end up spending all your awesomes on legal fees.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dixon's not-so-daily Definitions™

One trick pony = Really good at one thing and only one thing.

k0k4yb.jpg

Sorry man, I have nothing against you at all, its just too good. : )) <3
    You need MORE toons lol
    GM of BYTE
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that’s a lot of time.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter the campaign, people will just zerg you down. It's such a shame.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭
    With the state of Shor as it is right now (painted yellow at all hours), I’ve finally got around to getting my one and only character (DC MagDK) that isn’t AD up to max level, and have been spending all my play time taking it to my yellow comrades. It’s frustrating logging on, checking the map, and seeing that there is no reason to even queue up into Shor, as the map is completely yellow.

I must say, it’s quite refreshing to be the underdog again, gives me a reason to get excited about PvP again. Quite a few guildmates are doing the same as they all are experiencing the same feelings.

There are a couple funny observations I’ve made so far playing as DC compared to AD I thought I’d share:
    1) DC are great at defending keeps – often outnumbered, but lots of people respond to to UA callouts, and often are GREAT at setting up defensive siege . In stark contrast to AD who just sits on top the walls trying to use ranged attacks to defend a keep, before rolling over and dying once the walls are down.
    2) Outside of resources, DC are terrible at taking objectives. People will go to a keep and just stand around doing nothing, it’s like they are just looking for fights rather than playing the map. Everyone likes to complain that AD is rolling the map, but then makes no effort to take anything back. Last night my duo and I just sieged stuff ourselves and took back 2 keeps and an outpost quite easily while the rest of DC just seemed to watch. They were up for fighting and defending the siege, but didn’t bring their own to help.
    Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tzayad wrote: »
    In stark contrast to AD who just sits on top the walls trying to use ranged attacks to defend a keep, before rolling over and dying once the walls are down.

One day, like 30 AD will defend a keep against 5 people whilst using only light bow/inferno staff attacks.

It will be the most quintessentially dominion victory of all time.