Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    I’ll admit up front that I’m a newcomer to Shor. Vivec has just become completely unplayable for me, so I decided to come here for the Mayhem. What I’ve seen so far is a bit disheartening. AD seems to be the bid bag boogeyman that tries to zerg everything down, so I expected EP and DC to focus on AD more, especially if AD has emp. Boy was I wrong. Almost no one on DC appeared to give two shites about the campaign, but instead seemed content to potato to Chalman while AD sat on Ash and AD and EP skirmished between BRK and Alessia. It culminated in what seemed like 3/4 of the EP population spending an hour taking Aleswell from us while AD took literally every other keep, resource, and scroll from them. I hope Shor isn’t like this all the time, or else I guess I’ll just have to limit my PvP to Kyne whenever I feel like making a new toon.

Faction balance will shift again at some point, and during the event it's a crap shoot what you'll get. AD is zerging small scaling adjacent to the rest of the faction really bad right now but Shor is not normally balanced anyway, so a whole lot of people don't care about the map or score anymore. If AD is faction stacking and DC and EP can go fight each other with reasonable numbers, then EP and DC and going to choose to fight each other.

It's so gross this week, as Vapirko delicately put it, after one more try Monday night I decided I'll wait in a 200 queue for Vivec instead.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had fun over the weekend but its kind of a sad reflection of the game that all 3 factions were not pop locked tonight while I was on and only AD looked like it really was.

Anyway; did run into animosity at least and adjusted my build after getting a real barometer. All the event only PVPers can inflate ones ego.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I had fun over the weekend but its kind of a sad reflection of the game that all 3 factions were not pop locked tonight while I was on and only AD looked like it really was.

Anyway; did run into animosity at least and adjusted my build after getting a real barometer. All the event only PVPers can inflate ones ego.

It’s pop locked right now. I saw you running around lol. Anyway AD brought an incredible Zerg to ash. Was damn near a pop locked faction stack.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I finally caught the PVP bug with the Midyear Mayhem event and been playing every night on Shor due to it's better performance over Vivec.

Now that I am settled into my new home, was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for any large and active guilds dedicated DC PvP. Any help would be appreciated :blush:

Merlin, I have to agree with @DeadlyRecluse here, Shor is a really up and down type server, prior to this event, there was consistent fighting, but it is much much much more down scaled.
    The most consistent DC group is generally playing in other campaigns right now (I may be wrong about that, but I'm seeing them elsewhere, mostly).

He's talking about my guild, Requiem. We have been the most consistent, DC guild on Shor however, we generally dont field more than 8 players anymore. Tonight we had 7. Shor is our home but we have not spent more than 7 hours in there over this past weekend due to the incredibly terrible server performance post 3pm Eastern. 2.5 second/not at all bar swapping, multiple attempts at mounting/firing siege, etc isnt the Shor we know, so for the event we have been bouncing around between the 3 other 7day CP campaigns. And boy im glad we do.

While others on the forums complain about the server performance issues of other campaigns, my entire pvp experience through this event has been 40-60fps and 100-150 ping. we hop campaigns as soon as the lag/performance becomes noticeably bad and tonight we netted the following:

Screenshot_20180731_211615.jpg

Screenshot_20180731_212359.jpg

This is on D'Albei this very night. These are back-to-back D Ticks we received from defending Aleswell against AD Emp group, followed by an EP back-cap attempt. Take that Team Orange! hahahahahaha!!!

Hope ya'll are enjoying the event. G.O. - here we come!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    About faction balance, the more i think about it, Soz should merge Europe and NA server, mostly couse that will create more servers with a healthy population around the clock... My biggest issue is entire orgs logging in with sole intent to flip a low populated map...

Secondly allow people to have options about how they want to play, if you enjoy faction switching do that but those players should play on their own servers... then alow people that dont want faction hopping to simply not have to deal with those... everyone gets to play as they like !
    Edited by Miriel on August 1, 2018 7:30AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »

It’s pop locked right now. I saw you running around lol. Anyway AD brought an incredible Zerg to ash. Was damn near a pop locked faction stack.

It was a rough outing. Came in a bit spoiled from my NB now trying to play my Stamplar and let myself get caught in the open a few times. End of the night I did “gank” a DK with the Templar though. Was more of a “WTH am I suppose to do now being hidden from the Zerg on a Templar?” Then my initial attack didn’t fire and I wound up opening from stealth with POTL really wasting a lot of advantage and it became a fight more than a gank. Was surprised I won with how much I was screwing up.
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    So I finally caught the PVP bug with the Midyear Mayhem event and been playing every night on Shor due to it's better performance over Vivec.

Now that I am settled into my new home, was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for any large and active guilds dedicated DC PvP. Any help would be appreciated :blush:

Merlin, I have to agree with @DeadlyRecluse here, Shor is a really up and down type server, prior to this event, there was consistent fighting, but it is much much much more down scaled.
    The most consistent DC group is generally playing in other campaigns right now (I may be wrong about that, but I'm seeing them elsewhere, mostly).

He's talking about my guild, Requiem. We have been the most consistent, DC guild on Shor however, we generally dont field more than 8 players anymore. Tonight we had 7. Shor is our home but we have not spent more than 7 hours in there over this past weekend due to the incredibly terrible server performance post 3pm Eastern. 2.5 second/not at all bar swapping, multiple attempts at mounting/firing siege, etc isnt the Shor we know, so for CP we bounce between the other 3 7day CP campaigns

@Rickter
    Can I get an invite to Requiem? @MerlinPendragon

I can provide more info or jump into Discord/Teamspeak to discuss more detail if needed.

I will take your word for it about Shor. I started dabbling more in PVP over the last month and chose Shor largely due to my main PVE guild doing a Friday night event there every week. The Vivec wait times always seemed too long and the connection was always questionable. If you're suggesting that Shor is generally a ghost town outside otherwise then I would gladly take other suggestions or give Vivec another shot.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're suggesting that Shor is generally a ghost town outside otherwise then I would gladly take other suggestions or give Vivec another shot.

Shor isn't so much a ghost town as a single faction farm factory in the recent months (I'd say since probably April?). Log in and fight back from your (empty) scroll temples every damn day. try to take so much as a single home resource back and be greeted by a ridiculous faction stack.

There's a few hours of the day, it seems, where it evens out and the pops go at it nicely but I seem to be on the wrong schedule to hit that. Thursday late morning was nice - but I can't call out sick to work every day :)

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    If you're suggesting that Shor is generally a ghost town outside otherwise then I would gladly take other suggestions or give Vivec another shot.

Shor isn't so much a ghost town as a single faction farm factory in the recent months (I'd say since probably April?). Log in and fight back from your (empty) scroll temples every damn day. try to take so much as a single home resource back and be greeted by a ridiculous faction stack.

There's a few hours of the day, it seems, where it evens out and the pops go at it nicely but I seem to be on the wrong schedule to hit that. Thursday late morning was nice - but I can't call out sick to work every day :)

This is probably the most accurate description of Shor. like 3-6 hours of great, balanced, "less-zerg-than-Vivec-but-not-empty" pvp every night, then [insert faction] PvDooring for the rest of the time.

It's really solid in that 3-6 hour window, once you break out of trikeeps, as long as the PvDoor faction of the week doesn't keep a zerg+emp on (which has been the case occasionally).

From like 6 pm EST to 1 am EST, if there isn't a reigning emp, Shor is usually pretty great, bordering on ideal, from my POV.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ^

And yeah @MerlinPendragon i’ll reach out to you in game. In the meantime, please check out

www.esorequiem.enjin.com/codeofconduct to see what we’re about and whether we’d be a good fit for you.
    Edited by Rickter on August 1, 2018 3:09PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    This ^

And yeah @MerlinPendragon i’ll reach out to you in game. In the meantime, please check out

www.esorequiem.enjin.com/codeofconduct to see what we’re about and whether we’d be a good fit for you.

I am on board with all parts of the Code. Sounds like great fit for me. Drop me a message or mail sometime in game. I will be on Shor on either Sir Lancelot or the Lady of the Lake. I have Discord and TS if that's better.
    ✭✭

This is probably the most accurate description of Shor. like 3-6 hours of great, balanced, "less-zerg-than-Vivec-but-not-empty" pvp every night, then [insert faction] PvDooring for the rest of the time.

It's really solid in that 3-6 hour window, once you break out of trikeeps, as long as the PvDoor faction of the week doesn't keep a zerg+emp on (which has been the case occasionally).

From like 6 pm EST to 1 am EST, if there isn't a reigning emp, Shor is usually pretty great, bordering on ideal, from my POV.

I play early in the mornings sometimes and prior to event blue canoe was usually one leading AD pugs to basically pvdoor. what I found when I play early mornings is that most of the DC are either PvE players New players to PvP or from overseas and don't generally speak English. it is quite frustrating trying to gather the few DC pugs we have to do anything. but I can understand the pvdoor thing during these times because not everyone is on the same schedule and if the only time you have to play your alliance is PvDooring what else are you suppose to do? don't go in and get free quick ap because someone might screenshot u or take a video exposing you to pvdoor? I will gladly follow a DC group around when no one else is on and get the free quick ap. would I prefer resistance and some good fight? Yes of course. But slim pickings early mornings and at night basically slim pickings out of that prime time you mentioned so you gotta take what you can get.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if the only time you have to play your alliance is PvDooring what else are you suppose to do?
    Go to Vivec. The only reason to PVDoor is if you care more about AP or gaining bonuses later in the day than you do about actually PVPing.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I play early in the mornings sometimes and prior to event blue canoe was usually one leading AD pugs to basically pvdoor. what I found when I play early mornings is that most of the DC are either PvE players New players to PvP or from overseas and don't generally speak English. it is quite frustrating trying to gather the few DC pugs we have to do anything. but I can understand the pvdoor thing during these times because not everyone is on the same schedule and if the only time you have to play your alliance is PvDooring what else are you suppose to do? don't go in and get free quick ap because someone might screenshot u or take a video exposing you to pvdoor? I will gladly follow a DC group around when no one else is on and get the free quick ap. would I prefer resistance and some good fight? Yes of course. But slim pickings early mornings and at night basically slim pickings out of that prime time you mentioned so you gotta take what you can get.

Wait I thought Blue Canoe wasn’t gonna do that anymore scouts honor :D

But yeah DC has a terrible morning presence. All we would need would be 5 decent players or a 10 person random pug. Thr AD aren’t good hey just bring emp bonus and sometimes the emp and are rolling sloads, snipe spam, soul assault and whatever other cheese and going 12v3
    Edited by Vapirko on August 7, 2018 6:00PM
  • inkorporated
    inkorporated
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Wait I thought Blue Canoe wasn’t gonna do that anymore scouts honor :D

But yeah DC has a terrible morning presence. All we would need would be 5 decent players or a 10 person random pug. Thr AD aren’t good hey just bring emp bonus and sometimes the emp and are rolling sloads, snipe spam, soul assault and whatever other cheese and going 12v3

I was on this morning and the canoe was sailing strong through cyr didn't think you could fit that many inside one. he had a group of like 7 or 8. didnt see any names so dont know who... and literally, 9 people were on DC leaderboard until like 12pm central
  • inkorporated
    inkorporated
    ✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    if the only time you have to play your alliance is PvDooring what else are you suppose to do?
    Go to Vivec. The only reason to PVDoor is if you care more about AP or gaining bonuses later in the day than you do about actually PVPing.

What if I consider Shor my home and im loyal to my home? and what if I rather make do with what I have at home instead of going to jimmys house cuz he has better toys? and what if I WANT to play Shor to help my HOME campaign get points? if I go into shor when no one is on and don't PvDoor just flip resources is that acceptable to you? Because that's what I do when no one is on. Because it helps the campaign. if some DC are pvdooring then yea I will probably join in. Because even tho you think I have the option to go into Vivec I don't. Shor is Home. I don't do Vivec at all.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if pvdoor is the opposite of pvp? What if I consider pvp to be for those other people? What if I consider pve my home? I dont do PvP at all....
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • inkorporated
    inkorporated
    ✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    What if pvdoor is the opposite of pvp? What if I consider pvp to be for those other people? What if I consider pve my home? I dont do PvP at all....

If wishes were horses then beggars would ride,
    If turnips were swords I’d have one by my side.
    If ifs and ands were pots and pans
    There’d be no work for tinkers’ hands!
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »

If wishes were horses then beggars would ride,
    If turnips were swords I’d have one by my side.
    If ifs and ands were pots and pans
    There’d be no work for tinkers’ hands!

And yet here we are at the end of the road, and pvp is a shadow of what it was... perhaps something is broken ?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk if anyone else has been on shor for the past hour or so but it’s been some really good medium to small scale up to like 10 on 10. A rare night.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great fights tonight!
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great fights tonight!
    You need to slow down and stand in my Jabs please :p
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great fights tonight!

Wouldve been better if we had more catapults and sloads ;P

Edited by Rickter on August 8, 2018 3:41AM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You hit too hard for me to do that :)

I told Jedi not to use that cancer set but he insists, feel free to focus him down first because of it. I would LOL
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You hit too hard for me to do that :)

I told Jedi not to use that cancer set but he insists, feel free to focus him down first because of it. I would LOL

I’m so fed up with people using that set (among other things), no mercy. God help you if you try and pull a snipe, sloads, spin to win gank and fail. Three of my least favorite skills.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darkest Requiem started on Haderus and went back and forth between Azura’s Star/Sotha Sil and Haderus/Shor mostly. I wanted to say thanks for all the good fun and the fights we’ve had over the last 2.5 years. Darkest Requiem came out of the Shadows and to the Shadows we have returned. We look forward to all the fun in the future.

- Dutchessx Out.
    Edited by Dutchessx on August 8, 2018 1:26PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It didnt help him in our 1v1. Maybe he saw the light
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »
    Darkest Requiem started on Haderus and went back and forth between Azura’s Star/Sotha Sil and Haderus/Shor mostly. I wanted to say thanks for all the good fun and the fights we’ve had over the last 2.5 years. Darkest Requiem came out of the Shadows and to the Shadows we have returned. We look forward to all the fun in the future.

- Dutchessx Out.

I thought you wanted to become a better "solo player."
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭

- Dutchessx Out.

What's the difference tho

tenor.gif?itemid=8188382
    Edited by Joshlenoir on August 8, 2018 3:56PM
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭

- Dutchessx Out.

I thought you wanted to become a better "solo player."

>Playing in Guild Of Shadows
    > Solo Play

Pick one. :smirk: