Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its July 4th, @Vapirko

This is America’s birthday.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Its July 4th, @Vapirko

This is America’s birthday.

And what better way to celebrate than with righteous battle?? I know it’s the 4th, I’m American and at home now lol. Still had to see what was up for an hour or so.
    Edited by Vapirko on July 5, 2018 8:38AM
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems more and more AD are flooding to Shor. I've just been doing BGs the bast couple of days and check out Vivec some.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • GeneralRoadkill
    Stay off mah EP trikeeps AD!! Shame on the 6-7 AD in the group that hit arrius around 11:45 am EST (you know who you were). Not like EP has any scrolls and you've run off most everyone, but you definitely did wipe to 1 skoomafied khajiit using guards as meat shields OwO

DhwdpTqX4AAEowI.jpg

did not have ap buff at time either
    Edited by GeneralRoadkill on July 10, 2018 4:38PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay off mah EP trikeeps AD!! Shame on the 6-7 AD in the group that hit arrius around 11:45 am EST (you know who you were). Not like EP has any scrolls and you've run off most EP, but you definitely did wipe to 1 skoomafied khajiit using guards as meat shields OwO

We all know who they are.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm super jealous of that AP tick!

Was it Blue Canoe and his merry band of pugs?
    DC Zerg Busting
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been having more fun in Vivec lately. When my abilities work.

Had me a good 1vX for the first time. Or at least I think it counts. Was on my stamblade and rode up to a DC zerg on an AD zerg who seemed to be trying to farm with siege inside a resource tower. They were both sieging back and forth, and when it thinned out, I went into the tower, got a couple kills and the DC zerg kept sieging into it. I look out to see the AD zerg must have all regrouped at a camp and were pouring over the DC still on their siege.

The AD came into the tower and resumed their siege preparing as DC came back from the keep. One set up right about where the mage stands on the second level so I killed them, and started getting chased by 3 of them. Did the tower hump I learned from chasing guys here and shadow image and kept kiting around attacking when I could get them alone between the 2nd and 3rd floor. First floor was all red.

I managed to kill 3 more, 1 was a repeat and I started to get the attention of the ones downstairs so I bailed. Set up though for DC to start actually pushing in off their siege, and the AD tried the regroup but were met by people ready to fight.

I was pretty excited though. Thought maybe I shouldnt have bailed and kept it going until I died but I'll try pushing more next time.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Had me a good 1vX for the first time. Or at least I think it counts. Was on my stamblade and rode up to a DC zerg on an AD zerg who seemed to be trying to farm with siege inside a resource tower. They were both sieging back and forth, and when it thinned out, I went into the tower, got a couple kills and the DC zerg kept sieging into it. I look out to see the AD zerg must have all regrouped at a camp and were pouring over the DC still on their siege.

The AD came into the tower and resumed their siege preparing as DC came back from the keep. One set up right about where the mage stands on the second level so I killed them, and started getting chased by 3 of them. Did the tower hump I learned from chasing guys here and shadow image and kept kiting around attacking when I could get them alone between the 2nd and 3rd floor. First floor was all red.

I managed to kill 3 more, 1 was a repeat and I started to get the attention of the ones downstairs so I bailed. Set up though for DC to start actually pushing in off their siege, and the AD tried the regroup but were met by people ready to fight.

I was pretty excited though. Thought maybe I shouldnt have bailed and kept it going until I died but I'll try pushing more next time.

Awesome! That first 1vX is always a good feeling. I’ve still only ever managed four at once. Any more than that and I just can’t seem to pull it off. I’ve killed more than that as long as they don’t hit me all at once.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Awesome! That first 1vX is always a good feeling. I’ve still only ever managed four at once. Any more than that and I just can’t seem to pull it off. I’ve killed more than that as long as they don’t hit me all at once.

Ive figured out last night on my stamplar I dont want to go after the smaller groups but rather pull some away from larger groups. The smaller group guys still own me. Had 3 follow me from a zerg and actually got stuck in a corner with not much LOS and I decided to go down swinging. Turned out, the healer dropped like a pair of panties on prom night; I started on the next guy and got him half way before I saw my health almost bottom out from the sniper. Healed and went after him before he could hit me again. Got a DBOS off and he had a slither of health left when another NB ganked me for a 4th guy. The DOT almost finished the snipe spammer but he just barely survived. Gave me a little more confidence though to look for more strategy rather than run myself in a corner.
  • sage2000
    sage2000
    ✭✭✭

I doubt it. Blue has been telling people to stay off of tri-keeps and lampooning those who camp them in zone for at least a week now.

I wasn't on at the time shown but it might have been our current emp who has not previously participated in the campaign. I explained to them today about why we shouldn't take tri-keeps unless there is a scroll and they abided by that the rest of the afternoon/evening that I was on.

I have been explaining to people daily both in zone and in my groups about not camping tri-keeps. There occasionally are random people though who feel they just have to fulfill that mission board quest. It's also the case that some of the newer people get impatient when the action isn't popping and feel they have to take something.

If I'm running a group I will not go to tri-keeps unless there is a scroll, and If I'm in a group anyone else is leading and they suggest it I will discourage it, and leave the group if they won't listen to a reasoned explanation, but so far that hasn't happened.

I also try to explain/discourage in zone when I see someone going there or wanting to go there, but there are a few people who won't listen. Most of the regulars though understand and are on board.
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve been having a blast this week, keep the AP flowing!
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • GeneralRoadkill
    sage2000 wrote: »

I doubt it. Blue has been telling people to stay off of tri-keeps and lampooning those who camp them in zone for at least a week now.

That's actually exactly who it was, and even tried convincing me to switch factions to AD. Said I wouldn't due to faction imbalance and he tried telling me AD doesn't have numbers, they are just really good at holding keeps. LOL
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's actually exactly who it was, and even tried convincing me to switch factions to AD. Said I wouldn't due to faction imbalance and he tried telling me AD doesn't have numbers, they are just really good at holding keeps. LOL

:D
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been having a blast this week, keep the AP flowing!

You've been putting in work this week!

Since the map has been mostly yellow during primetime I've only played on Shor for about 3-4 hours, but still made half a million AP, can't complain too much and I'm getting to get some BGs in now as well.

That's kinda funny. At U.S. prime time AD def has the numbers and even on certain late morning / mid afternoon days AD has the numbers too.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t even been able to play in Shor lately because it’s just been consistently yellow. Sotha has the same imbalance issues with population. It has been fun to putz around BGs and it’s easy to solo queue in there, but I’d prefer open world so much more.

Has given me a lot of time to think about going back to main on stamDK and have cooler animations and more stimulating gameplay than stamwarden.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to play a battleground. I just came to this game for the open world sort of environment of Cyrodiil after being tired of the same old matchmaking complaints or premade whines. Traded that in to whine about zergs and ball groups
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I haven’t even been able to play in Shor lately because it’s just been consistently yellow. Sotha has the same imbalance issues with population. It has been fun to putz around BGs and it’s easy to solo queue in there, but I’d prefer open world so much more.

Has given me a lot of time to think about going back to main on stamDK and have cooler animations and more stimulating gameplay than stamwarden.

Stam DK is where it’s at. I haven’t played DK for more than a year and a half I think and all of a sudden I’m loving it. Medium fortified brass and bone pirates 2h/dw, any monster set that works, lots of fun. That major mending is really handy in this day of Sloads and bleeds.
  • sage2000
    sage2000
    ✭✭✭
    I came on yesterday early afternoon and DC was camping Faregyl. A handful of us took it back, not without resistance.

Much of the rest of the day and into the evening saw DC trying to take back Faregyl and then the other AD tri-keeps as well.

At first I didn't see the DC emp at those forays, and I thought "well, he apparently is not actively discouraging it, but at least he's not participating". Nope. Tisserand himself eventually showed up, putting the official stamp of approval on the gatecamping efforts.

Now, personally I had a great time as it made for a number of very fun fights.

The thing is, ever since BaylorCorvette brought up the gatecamping issue, myself and some others saw the light. I have been advocating daily against camping tri-keeps. I'm not saying this to make myself look like a good guy, I just think fair play is better for everybody.

Actions like Tisserand and his crew's yesterday make these efforts to bring people on board more difficult. I understand that cuts both ways and undoubtedly we've build up a good store of ill-will.

That said, unless people on all sides get the memo it's going to be an uphill battle getting this to work.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I came on yesterday early afternoon and DC was camping Faregyl. A handful of us took it back, not without resistance.

Much of the rest of the day and into the evening saw DC trying to take back Faregyl and then the other AD tri-keeps as well.

At first I didn't see the DC emp at those forays, and I thought "well, he apparently is not actively discouraging it, but at least he's not participating". Nope. Tisserand himself eventually showed up, putting the official stamp of approval on the gatecamping efforts.

Now, personally I had a great time as it made for a number of very fun fights.

The thing is, ever since BaylorCorvette brought up the gatecamping issue, myself and some others saw the light. I have been advocating daily against camping tri-keeps. I'm not saying this to make myself look like a good guy, I just think fair play is better for everybody.

Actions like Tisserand and his crew's yesterday make these efforts to bring people on board more difficult. I understand that cuts both ways and undoubtedly we've build up a good store of ill-will.

That said, unless people on all sides get the memo it's going to be an uphill battle getting this to work.

When I was on yesterday late afternoon/early evening, DC was still doing the same thing. When I asked in zone wtf people were taking home keeps while we already had all scrolls, the one-word I answered I received was "strategic".

Not sure what strategy DC's finest were pursuing, but there you have it.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's two ways to look at this though:

1) DC stifles out AD and the ones that think its entertaining or healthy to gate camp leave the server

or

2) DC will only embolden AD to gate camp more (and historically, this is the more likely outcome)

In any case, I dont really want number 2 to happen because well, Shor is my baby and I hate to see it go down that route. But given the push back and personal attacks I've received whilst trying to maintain it, I'm probably going to let go of that. But at the same time, I dont really want number 1 to happen because I like Blue Canoe running large groups throughout the day so when i log in, i get low pop bonus and make upwards of 250k ap a night if not more.
    Edited by Rickter on July 13, 2018 9:25PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Popped in to go grab some Cyrodiils ward stuff in case it goes through to live. Think it will work well on my stamplar and didnt want to pay 35k for jewelry that I see it selling for now when it may be changed.

Anyway; first time I had been in a while, it was quiet, but I noticed a Known Shitter flag flying over a DC player? Did we get some converts?
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In regards to the gate camping issue many of us can refrain from the gate camping. However we don't all play 24 hours a day 7 days a week. So there is bound to be a group of people that do not really care. I understand that having the most keeps is a strategic move in terms of campaign scoring and I understand why some people are going to push enemy keeps hard. However from what I've seen if you push to a factions gate a lot of time people will see the map and not bother logging into that campaign making any good fights non existent.
    Popped in to go grab some Cyrodiils ward stuff in case it goes through to live. Think it will work well on my stamplar and didnt want to pay 35k for jewelry that I see it selling for now when it may be changed.

Anyway; first time I had been in a while, it was quiet, but I noticed a Known Shitter flag flying over a DC player? Did we get some converts?

Known Shitters have toons on all factions AFAIK. They were running on AD a couple nights ago. Probably whatever nets the best fights is what they're going to roll.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vapirko , I don’t love fortified brass. I’d prefer a different five piece and just transmute jewelry to protective for those resists.

I’ve been in heavy armor trying a couple variations on shackle/poisonous serpent/seventh/fury/durok’s. Next patch if things stay as is I’ll drop reverb for fossilize and back bar durok’s with master S&B.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @Vapirko , I don’t love fortified brass. I’d prefer a different five piece and just transmute jewelry to protective for those resists.

I’ve been in heavy armor trying a couple variations on shackle/poisonous serpent/seventh/fury/durok’s. Next patch if things stay as is I’ll drop reverb for fossilize and back bar durok’s with master S&B.

Fossilize is 8/10, would recommend.
    Only sucks when people get that infinite immunity bug, you need a backup stun. But most ults pack one
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Guys, i dont often say anything on the forums, but considering the shape pvp is in i thought id give it a go... so here goes !

Most of you know me as Willow, i play one faction only, and use no addons etc, just a plain basic ESO, mostly couse i beleave that if you are going to pvp, we need to play the same game, with same basic stuffs... Addons and quick slotted buttons is just "handicap"

As you all know, we are down to three servers, and we can barely keep one of them full, we lost alot of players, and as it is Vivec and Sotha, is cp or no cp, wich leaves shor as the only server that can be left for pug and new players to learn the "skill" at, some of you would argue that what we have the low level server for, but we actually have people that want to give pvp a try at max level, or very late in their eso experience...

For us that been around know that picking up the "skills" and git good, takes time, and new players wich we very much need, are not going to do that as pugs and getting destroyed in Vivec by zerg balls... wich again points things back to Shor, and i doubt any of us that been here since alfa, need anything or need to win... i think most of us can agree that we need more players, and allow players a place where they can learn...

We can point fingers, but all sides have done some noughty stuff, so what are YOU going to do about it ?... Lets keep off the tri keeps, stop with the gate camping, and most off all, dont take a organiced raid a roll the map, you guys know who you are, you belong in Vivec, leave Shor to the pugs, and the smale scale, and most of all give them a chanse to learn... Invite them if you can, give them a helpfull comment... Making people feel part of something and giveing them a hand, is far more likely to make people stay then tea bagging people after you rolled over them...

Best wishes to you all from a mostly anoying Willow de Gwenyth
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dhMeAzK.gif
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miriel wrote: »
    Hey Guys, i dont often say anything on the forums, but considering the shape pvp is in i thought id give it a go... so here goes !

Most of you know me as Willow, i play one faction only, and use no addons etc, just a plain basic ESO, mostly couse i beleave that if you are going to pvp, we need to play the same game, with same basic stuffs... Addons and quick slotted buttons is just "handicap"

As you all know, we are down to three servers, and we can barely keep one of them full, we lost alot of players, and as it is Vivec and Sotha, is cp or no cp, wich leaves shor as the only server that can be left for pug and new players to learn the "skill" at, some of you would argue that what we have the low level server for, but we actually have people that want to give pvp a try at max level, or very late in their eso experience...

For us that been around know that picking up the "skills" and git good, takes time, and new players wich we very much need, are not going to do that as pugs and getting destroyed in Vivec by zerg balls... wich again points things back to Shor, and i doubt any of us that been here since alfa, need anything or need to win... i think most of us can agree that we need more players, and allow players a place where they can learn...

We can point fingers, but all sides have done some noughty stuff, so what are YOU going to do about it ?... Lets keep off the tri keeps, stop with the gate camping, and most off all, dont take a organiced raid a roll the map, you guys know who you are, you belong in Vivec, leave Shor to the pugs, and the smale scale, and most of all give them a chanse to learn... Invite them if you can, give them a helpfull comment... Making people feel part of something and giveing them a hand, is far more likely to make people stay then tea bagging people after you rolled over them...

100% agree, this speech has been made many times...and ignored. As you speak, such a Zerg as you describe is rolling back over the map. Too few people care about good PvP anymore. You’d think the big guild leaders would have some concern for campaign health and make sure that their presence is supported by at least one opposing faction.
    Edited by Vapirko on July 17, 2018 1:43AM
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Miriel wrote: »

100% agree, this speech has been made many times...and ignored. As you speak, such a Zerg as you describe is rolling back over the map. Too few people care about good PvP anymore. You’d think the big guild leaders would have some concern for campaign health and make sure that their presence is supported by at least one opposing faction.

I know, but the truth is that we are still bleeding players, far more then occasional new one that want to try pvp... at this time we cant focus on those that do wrong, all sides done it... but we can focus on telling our own the truth, things aint going to change unless some start to point things out... That means leaders need to lead by example, either you are part of the problem, or you try to solve the problem
    Edited by Miriel on July 17, 2018 1:53AM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive made that exact argument of "exercising personal responsibility to ensure a healthy campaign" and have been told many times you cant tell people how they should play.

but i digress.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Ive made that exact argument of "exercising personal responsibility to ensure a healthy campaign" and have been told many times you cant tell people how they should play.

but i digress.

You can't tell me what to do!! YOU'RE NOT EVEN MY REAL DAD!!
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails