The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all enjoying the event? Makes Shor feel like Vivec and Vivec feel like a line ride.

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey EP. If you're going to pvdoor Emp first thing in the morning, at least have the balls to defend it.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    You all enjoying the event? Makes Shor feel like Vivec and Vivec feel like a line ride.

I think I've bothered to actually play in shor for like 1 hour.

The que+high pop+pretty much all new/different people makes it not really Shor--I've just bounced around the 7 days until I find one with a decent map/pop/lag and then chilled there.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Prime time is misery. Had some fun during the morning/day. IC has been ok, but there’s a ton of troll builds in there.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag happens but I’ve enjoyed some of the fresh meat at times.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Prime time is misery. Had some fun during the morning/day. IC has been ok, but there’s a ton of troll builds in there.

Shor has definitely been a mixed bag. I played the first day of the event in the late morning and it was not bad, almost like Shor of old. But it progressively gets worse as the event goes on. Prime time - forget it.

[rant warning]

Last night, I popped into Shor around 6ET to check it out for my guild group. DC only had Warden and had just lost Rayles. I ran my char to the gate/scroll temple and was joined by maybe two other people despite being poplocked. I just can't with that.
    Edited by anadandy on July 30, 2018 12:31PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah not sure what it is with DC. It’s most campaigns where they’re all locked but DC seems MIA and is on the defensive or at best just going back and forth at the mile markers between ash and nickel or bleakers and Chal. It gets really repetitive.

Edit: holy typos and autocorrect he’ll!
    Edited by technohic on July 30, 2018 1:53PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    Last night, I popped into Shor around 6ET to check it out for my guild group. DC only had Warden and had just lost Rayles. I ran my char to the gate/scroll temple and was joined by maybe two other people despite being poplocked. I just can't with that.

Population (in all the campaigns) is weird right now. I saw 3 bars of pop being gatecamped by 1 bar of pop, that was a new one. And they aren't necessarily in IC, either, if you go check...
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sometimes think those pop bars are a social experiment. :D
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m sad - Shor has had Vivec levels of lag for me even outside of prime time. I’ve just had to slum it in the other 7 day CP campaigns; although, those have both been a blast.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Population (in all the campaigns) is weird right now. I saw 3 bars of pop being gatecamped by 1 bar of pop, that was a new one. And they aren't necessarily in IC, either, if you go check...

We were talking about this yesterday. DC showed 3 bars of pop but there was only a small amount of people. We were convinced that those pop bars had been bugged or something.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »

We were talking about this yesterday. DC showed 3 bars of pop but there was only a small amount of people. We were convinced that those pop bars had been bugged or something.

What’s also interesting is both Shor and Vivec can be pop locked across the board, but Vivec will still be even worse than Shor with lag. I was thinking maybe the people waiting in queue impact it somehow
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last night:

"Where is EP?" There was a very large group taking resources (very slowly) instead of doing anything else useful. And another PUG zerg desperately avoiding actual PVP. Defending Bleakers while EP loses Arrius, Kings and Chim.

"Where is DC?" There was a group of 40+ on Bleakers and Dragon for much of the night, even getting near them was a slide show.

"Where is AD?" In one massive blob getting emp and scrolls while DC still tries to take Bleakers.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Last night:

"Where is EP?" There was a very large group taking resources (very slowly) instead of doing anything else useful.

This is also part of it, for sure. Lots of superlarge groups moving veeeeery slowly this week.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The population bars are RNG based, I'm fairly confident of that.

I've had a blast in Shor, for the most part. Performance at huge battles definitely takes a dive, but medium sized engagements aren't too bad. AP has been absolutely fantastic.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Performance at huge battles definitely takes a dive

That's an understatement. Performances at huge battles have been absolutely horrible and unplayable.
    How are you supposed to fight with 1 bar and insane lag on top of it? At some point, I just started sieging, but even the siege was lagging horribly! "This scatershot is busy" NO KIDDING FFS, I"M TRYING TO SHOOT IT FOR THE LAST 5 SEC!
    Edited by Raknosh on July 30, 2018 6:59PM
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been a real mixed bag for me. Friday was great, last night was garbage, Saturday was in between.

I still don't understand why getting near DC was FPS death but not nearly as bad at the much larger AD group unless you were getting dogpiled. Maybe it's the calculations for the 1% AP buff those silly Bretons get. :D
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sucks being zerged by AD every day but you can’t argue with 45k AP for killing one person on a resource lol.
    Edited by Vapirko on July 31, 2018 4:47PM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    It sucks being zeroed by AD every day but you can’t argue with 45k AP for killing one person on a resource lol.
    63k for killing three is more fun :p
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20180728_195555.jpg

^ one of many.

been a glorious event so far. and I can honestly say I've spent maybe a total of 3 hours on Shor since last Thursday. Shor became "Vivec version 2" almost instantly. after 6pm EST is a no fly zone.

from a DC perspective ofc. AD is dominating all campaigns with EP fielding the same numbers. If it werent for Fengrush, there would be zero DC large scale organization.

I really wish theyd offer Faction change tokens. Not only would sales fund ZOS an entirely new datacenter, but it would make a lot of people happy.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a tough go for sure. PUGz have been running 6-10 in group. We have had trouble at times due to our small number but have still managed to have a bit of fun.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Screenshot_20180728_195555.jpg

^ one of many.

been a glorious event so far. and I can honestly say I've spent maybe a total of 3 hours on Shor since last Thursday. Shor became "Vivec version 2" almost instantly. after 6pm EST is a no fly zone.

from a DC perspective ofc. AD is dominating all campaigns with EP fielding the same numbers. If it werent for Fengrush, there would be zero DC large scale organization.

I really wish theyd offer Faction change tokens. Not only would sales fund ZOS an entirely new datacenter, but it would make a lot of people happy.

Do you think people would come to DC, or just abandon it to have a pure red vs blue?
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you think people would come to DC, or just abandon it to have a pure red vs blue?

Im assuming you meant "red vs yellow" . . .

but yeah I'd imagine there'd be a fair amount of people that would flee the faction to the one that they perceive as the common "winner" but I also know a lot of people fed up with AD's domination and would gladly come to the underdog side
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

Im assuming you meant "red vs yellow" . . .

but yeah I'd imagine there'd be a fair amount of people that would flee the faction to the one that they perceive as the common "winner" but I also know a lot of people fed up with AD's domination and would gladly come to the underdog side

What about dynamic pop limit? You can’t have more people q in to a campaign than the least populated faction. somewhat of a joke but I wonder what the outcome would be.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll admit up front that I’m a newcomer to Shor. Vivec has just become completely unplayable for me, so I decided to come here for the Mayhem. What I’ve seen so far is a bit disheartening. AD seems to be the bid bag boogeyman that tries to zerg everything down, so I expected EP and DC to focus on AD more, especially if AD has emp. Boy was I wrong. Almost no one on DC appeared to give two shites about the campaign, but instead seemed content to potato to Chalman while AD sat on Ash and AD and EP skirmished between BRK and Alessia. It culminated in what seemed like 3/4 of the EP population spending an hour taking Aleswell from us while AD took literally every other keep, resource, and scroll from them. I hope Shor isn’t like this all the time, or else I guess I’ll just have to limit my PvP to Kyne whenever I feel like making a new toon.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    I’ll admit up front that I’m a newcomer to Shor. Vivec has just become completely unplayable for me, so I decided to come here for the Mayhem. What I’ve seen so far is a bit disheartening. AD seems to be the bid bag boogeyman that tries to zerg everything down, so I expected EP and DC to focus on AD more, especially if AD has emp. Boy was I wrong. Almost no one on DC appeared to give two shites about the campaign, but instead seemed content to potato to Chalman while AD sat on Ash and AD and EP skirmished between BRK and Alessia. It culminated in what seemed like 3/4 of the EP population spending an hour taking Aleswell from us while AD took literally every other keep, resource, and scroll from them. I hope Shor isn’t like this all the time, or else I guess I’ll just have to limit my PvP to Kyne whenever I feel like making a new toon.

It’s a more recent development. No one wants to put up with the AD bs though. At least I really don’t. They’ll happily come with emp and scroll bonuses and Zerg you down 15v3. And not just pugs but the self appointed 1vXers and small scalers as well. It’s pretty gross right now, hopefully it shifts again.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

yeah no actually, Shor on a regular basis is the other way around, like the time AD had emp, and were zerging DC at Ash while EP was zerging DC at Aleswell.

AD then went to secure the rest of the ring but EP pushed Glademist. Fun times. But you know, as long as we never tell anyone how to play, we're good LOL
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I finally caught the PVP bug with the Midyear Mayhem event and been playing every night on Shor due to it's better performance over Vivec.

Now that I am settled into my new home, was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for any large and active guilds dedicated DC PvP. Any help would be appreciated :blush:
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I finally caught the PVP bug with the Midyear Mayhem event and been playing every night on Shor due to it's better performance over Vivec.

Now that I am settled into my new home, was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for any large and active guilds dedicated DC PvP. Any help would be appreciated :blush:

If you are talking about for longterm play, give it a couple weeks.

The current dynamic on shor is not reflective of it's normal state, and the regulars largely aren't playing there. The most consistent DC group is generally playing in other campaigns right now (I may be wrong about that, but I'm seeing them elsewhere, mostly).

"large" guilds typically don't really play Shor long term, as there isn't enough meat on the bones (outside of the event).
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty bad right now. I cant remember the last time I saw somebody hold Emp for 2 days. Can't even take a resource without fighting 20 people. It'll pass.
    Edited by Stridig on August 1, 2018 1:24AM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all