Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any other stam users get this weird feeling that stamina sustain is better around 1.6k than it is around 2k. I know that sounds insane, but I swear my sustain gets worse at some point the higher it gets.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had random stamina drain that I reported as a bug. I was standing still, non-combat, 2k stam regen after continuous attack, and was losing stamina while doing nothing.

I generally sustain just fine with 1.7k stam regen on my stamwarden. I don't think I can go lower based on my gear.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • MrCommunity
    zerg-gore. zerg-gore and more zerg-gore....I cant wait for summerset, so scrubs have less of a crutch.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zerg-gore. zerg-gore and more zerg-gore....I cant wait for summerset, so scrubs have less of a crutch.

Is earthgore getting nerfed again?
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Heal is over 6 seconds, rather than 3.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • MrCommunity

I was under the impression the heal was going to be over 6 seconds now, not 3. every little bit helps against that cancer.
    Edited by MrCommunity on April 25, 2018 1:41PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, all well and good the heal is more spread out but with multiple of them in a group, it probably just means less over-healing for better uptime. Still pretty much a sorc negate ultimate that that procs quicker than a sorc could build the ultimate up to even use theirs. At least as far as defensively on negative effects.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don’t see that nerf as a real nerf. It’s still a strong heal, removes negates, and will now have less overhealing.

If they just nerfed it to where it specifically couldn’t remove negates (but ideally thinks like nova and standard too because it would be nice if those were relevant again) then it would be fine. I just feel like the name “negate” implies that ultimate should be the ultimate “no.”
  • Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭
    The best is riding in and peacefully taking your towns flags back. Then some enemy player tentitavely watches you and you can see the gears turning in their heads, should they attack? Against better judgment, probably due to the fact that you haven’t yet attacked, they start spamming bow light attacks. You give them a couple freebies, but the someone else joins in and youre forced to kill them both. And then the choice hate whispers start rolling in and they only have themselves to blame.

Yup, it's also hilarious when I have defensive rune up so when they hit me with said light attacked they instantly get stunned, giving them a second to rethink that decision. I've had have a couple times where they broke free and then retreated as if they expected a couple light attacks to gank me.
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Thanks to LOM for showing me that you can have an equal number of Earthgores to players in group and still wipe.

The sheer volume of Earthgores proc'ing last night was like fireworks on the 4th of July!

That Alessia battle was really awesome, probably lasted 30-40 minutes from breach to D Tick.

Those couple defences at Alessia felt really epic, glad I got to be in the thick of it with everyone! For the Queen!
    Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tzayad wrote: »
    The best is riding in and peacefully taking your towns flags back. Then some enemy player tentitavely watches you and you can see the gears turning in their heads, should they attack? Against better judgment, probably due to the fact that you haven’t yet attacked, they start spamming bow light attacks. You give them a couple freebies, but the someone else joins in and youre forced to kill them both. And then the choice hate whispers start rolling in and they only have themselves to blame.

Yup, it's also hilarious when I have defensive rune up so when they hit me with said light attacked they instantly get stunned, giving them a second to rethink that decision. I've had have a couple times where they broke free and then retreated as if they expected a couple light attacks to gank me.
    Thanks to LOM for showing me that you can have an equal number of Earthgores to players in group and still wipe.

The sheer volume of Earthgores proc'ing last night was like fireworks on the 4th of July!

That Alessia battle was really awesome, probably lasted 30-40 minutes from breach to D Tick.

Those couple defences at Alessia felt really epic, glad I got to be in the thick of it with everyone! For the Queen!

Those defenses were great. It was also one of the most polite and engaging nights in zone chat I've seen in a while. Lots of useful communication sprinkled generously with banter.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to some spirited defense tonight too! AD has been a blast lately.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to some spirited defense tonight too! AD has been a blast lately.

IF we can tell the server to post pone a night that would be fantastic. Supposed to be paying attention to the girlfriend tonight :#
    DC Zerg Busting
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

IF we can tell the server to post pone a night that would be fantastic. Supposed to be paying attention to the girlfriend tonight :#

So you'll be afk for like 7 minutes. Not seeing the problem here.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need seven minutes? You sound inefficient.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you'll be afk for like 7 minutes. Not seeing the problem here.

That's a few thousand AP lost in that time frame!!
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to get some more CP on my AD account and come play. I'm just over 200 now. Mainly for the trash talk I get and partly for fun.
    Edited by Stridig on April 25, 2018 7:42PM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, good try tonight at the last emp keep. Thanks again to AD. Evidently, LoM was peeved that I commented on their earthgores because they sent "Regards from LoM" when I was dethroned. Stacked with Bashu and had 48 DC on Miat's to 8 AD before the door came down on inner. Still a fun time, but sort of sad to see faction stacks like that - I expect to lose emp, but it's always disappointing when you lose out on good fights.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, good try tonight at the last emp keep. Thanks again to AD. Evidently, LoM was peeved that I commented on their earthgores because they sent "Regards from LoM" when I was dethroned. Stacked with Bashu and had 48 DC on Miat's to 8 AD before the door came down on inner. Still a fun time, but sort of sad to see faction stacks like that - I expect to lose emp, but it's always disappointing when you lose out on good fights.

It ebbs and flows, you all faction stacked on emp last night dc does it tonight. So PvP goes.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had even numbers at our Alessia defense last night. There seemed somewhere between 20-25 AD, 20-25 DC, and a nice bit of EP here and there. Just fact checking there.

All factions do stack, but using last night as an example is disingenuous. Certainly at no point was there an AD horde stacking raid on raid, but that's just my perspective having played from campaign reset to until around 2:30am eastern time.
    Edited by Adenoma on April 26, 2018 3:08AM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait. . for real? youre going to be disappointed in faction stacks? That's exactly what you did to defend your Emperorship!! There was no less than 3 AD guilds supporting your Emperor defense. and by no means "even numbers" - there was 7 Requiem at Alessia and LoM brought 16.

Even if there was even numbers - EP had two small groups (Vujk/Overbowed etc) literally firing siege onto the backs of the DC seiging Alessia. Additionally, they persistently ganked DC attackers - so DC was sandwiched while you faction stacked in your keep!

Dont even try and talk about good fights, let's break down your Emperorship:

1) You day capped Emperor - not the most respectable method but fine whatever, it happens. But then you opted to "stack your deck" by ensuring that your emperor defense had every single scroll buff you can possibly acquire - putting your "competition" at a serious disadvantage.

And youre going to talk about "good fights"?!?! How is it "good fights" when you are faction stacking, with Emperor, and full scroll buffs? "having fun on AD" - oh yeah I bet you are.

2) You built exactly like William Of Some Renown did when he was emp: Stacked Wardens and Spam Sub Assault, Dawnbreaker, and Shrouded Dagger/Steelnado - "good fights" when you knowingly build your class that everyone knows overperforms like crazy. Stam Warden is the number one busted ass class in the game right now and thats not even disputable.

3) You want to talk about 8 v a faction stack? yeah I know that feeling quite well - I have honestly never seen that many AD push Shor in its entire lifespan.

4) I dont know if you were dethroned last night or not, but regardless, EP had emperor at 7 in the morning EST, but then you had it back by mid morning. Oddly enough, EP had taken every keep around inner Emperor keeps, AND AD territory referenced by This screenshot taken right before noon - look at that!!! LOL EP literally took everything around AD and emp. And if that wasnt bad enough - I log in today to have Aleswell AND Glademist UA by AD (and your group was out there) while EP was AGAIN: untouched and even had a scroll!! Please tell me why AD didnt go after EP's scroll and rather push DC home keeps. Was it in pursuit of the "good fights"???

and finally:

5) this bit about LoM being upset at your "earthgore comments" is not even true based on a conversation with with @ThePaleeOrcc - he acted completely oblivious that you even made those earthgore comments in the first place, and your dethrone likely had nothing to do with that. And i'm not sure if you want people to feel bad that you lost your emp to full raids of DC against your 8 - but you clearly hyped up a "spirited defense" tonight and anyone that was there last night would have expected something similar tonight. They came to the tee, you clearly didnt - get over yourself and take the L.

I held my tongue all day watching you guys slap each other on the butts about how awesome your zerging was yesterday but the comment i quoted at the top was the last straw - youre delusional. If you want good fights, you wouldnt have stacked No less than ALL of the following:
    • Enemy Keep Bonus IX Increases experience, alliance points, and gold gained from kills by 15%. Increase Weapon Critical and Spell Critical by 8%.
    • Defensive Scroll Bonus II Increases spell resistance and armor rating by 5%.
    • Offensive Scroll Bonus II Increases weapon power and spell power by 5%.
    • Emperorship Alliance Bonus Increase Max Health by +35 per character level while in player vs. player locations.

Edited by Rickter on April 26, 2018 3:41AM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    Edited by gabriebe on April 26, 2018 3:51AM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just going point by point because lists seem to serve you well:

1.) I mean, I didn't really play today. I helped dethrone, got our scrolls back, was bored, went to IC to farm Tel Var, got bored, did chores. This morning we quick flipped to dethrone an EP morning cap - AD didn't want to fight against an EP emp. Played off and on this evening, but was watching Handmaid's Tale (which is a great show and I really recommend it). I popped in for a couple fights, but was at Roe, Alessia, and BRK all of which had 35+ DC on Miat's at each fight and 15 AD at the most. I think I was dethroned around 10pm eastern time, congratulated the new DC emp and told them to have a fun night and take care, and I dropped campaign so that someone else could enjoy the Ruby Red Throne.

Last night my Miat's had 27 DC, 9 EP on it at Alessia once front door was breached and the DC group was running up and down the inner stairs. You have more of a habit of screenshotting pointless things, but if you run Miat's and have something from that then maybe you'd be willing to compare numbers and see if they're in the same range.

2.) I've played either magicka or stamina warden since their release. I like nature. They're sort of the nature class. Personally, I think they're overtuned but held in check by the defile meta. If they buff the class - cool, but I don't think it needs it. If they nerf the class - cool, I'll still play stamina warden (though if they add a necromancer class I'd be sort of tempted to switch). If they do that and I change class, feel free to call me a liar on the forum in a long-winded post.

I don't really know William's emperor build, but I'm pretty open that I ran 5x Heem-Jas, 5x Bone Pirate, and 2x Blood Spawn for dw/S&B. I don't think that having taken care in gearing a character and planning a good build for an emp push is something that should be held against me. If you find steel tornado, sub assault, and dawnbreaker unacceptable then I guess I'll just go back to playing S&B/S&B warden as non-emp to make you happier.

As far as group comp, I know I that of my friend group I'm literally the only person that plays warden of any type. Most of my friends play magplar, but I play regularly with a couple stamsorcs and magDKs too.

But really, I think this comes down to a matter of playstyle and I'm not sure what yours is exactly, but I think we are all familiar with what it is not. Though, you're making it pretty clear that you find warden is an unacceptable playstyle in Shor.

3.) There are 15 AD visible in that picture and I think that there's one more hidden behind the resource flag. Literally anyone of any alliance who has ever played primetime in Shor has seen more than 16 players at one time, especially when they're on a flagpin at any objective.

4.) I actually logged when that was happening. I went to Glade because the AD zone asked me to keep it flagged solo so they could recapture some emp keeps (that's why Aleswell is flagged). I killed the DC that were at Glade, kept the outer flagged, then since a friend needs AP to get vigor we flipped it, didn't rep the walls or doors, and then since PvP was boring I logged and they went to PvE. You're 100% right that I felt like that was unfair on a boring map - that's why I logged.

and finally:

5.) I don't know that fella, but I was whispered multiple times by different people who wear LOM tabards. The most polite of which was "LoM sends its regards." I think I'm allowed to express disappointment that it was such an uninteractive fight. The quote you cited explicitly said that I expected to lose emp, but was bummed that it wasn't a good fight like emp dethrones of any alliance typically are during primetime. The Alessia defense last night that was so spirited lasted for a long while of pretty constant combat - maybe an hour or an hour and a half. The inner was breached and LoM was running laps for a solid 5-10 minutes. That seems like a fun fight to me regardless of side, but I'm sorry that you couldn't enjoy it.

For all your railing against ball groups, stamwardens, emperors, scroll buffs, and anything else that leaves you dissatisfied (little birds have said you're opposed to impregnable and stam builds wearing skoria in duels, but that lacks forum confirmation), it sure is weird to see you coming to the defense of a faction stack.

All of your negativity makes me want to ask - can we get a list of things that you do like? I'd love it to focus on things like class/gear/skills, playstyle, and your criteria for a good fight. Just trying to coax something positive out of you.

Edited by Adenoma on April 26, 2018 4:19AM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma, youre as fake as they come. And i’ll leave it at that.

And you should fire your “little birds” - i wear impreg XD
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, going with the, "no you're a towel" rebuttal.

But what about stam builds using Skoria?

And I'm curious - what about that do you find fake?
    Edited by Adenoma on April 26, 2018 4:46AM
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_m765i3EjKX1rxjzkho1_500.gif
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    giphy.gif

:D
  • Apoxsee
    Apoxsee
    ✭✭✭
    I do have a question for the representive groups on here from AD and EP... Why is it that when one of your factions fields good numbers the other one is non existent? Do you all see the same thing too?

This games balance is designed around three factions being generally equal in numbers and when only two factions are present it ruins the experience. Not long ago it was DC and EP that were the regulars and now it seems to have switched to DC and AD. While I can see the usual suspects in DC zone chat I don’t have that luxury in EP and AD. So what is going on?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apoxsee wrote: »
    I do have a question for the representive groups on here from AD and EP... Why is it that when one of your factions fields good numbers the other one is non existent? Do you all see the same thing too?

This games balance is designed around three factions being generally equal in numbers and when only two factions are present it ruins the experience. Not long ago it was DC and EP that were the regulars and now it seems to have switched to DC and AD. While I can see the usual suspects in DC zone chat I don’t have that luxury in EP and AD. So what is going on?

The EP zergs noticeably disappeared the moment they weren't the dominant faction anymore, exactly the same time AD numbers ramped up. They now mostly appear at very very late to emp trade. I believe their primary goal in Shor was/is emperor trading and now they can't do that easily during prime time.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like I missed a party last night!

I think the important thing everyone needs to realize is that Cyrodiil is open world PvP with three factions. Rarely, if ever are there going to be fair fights fought on equal grounds. The issue is further amplified by some classes over performing and others under performing. If people want to fight on more equal grounds, then go do BG's that's the best shot at it, unless you go up against the same four man premades. Every time I step foot in Cyrodiil I go into it with the assumption that I will probably be zerged down at some point, I think it would serve everyone well to adopt that mind set, especially at peak hours.

Since I wasn't on last night, I can't speak to those battles but Tuesday night when AD was down to the final Emp keep, I kind of think it's silly not to assume that everyone is going to faction stack on the last Emp keep to try and retain Emp as long as possible. Likewise, opposing factions are likely going to faction stack on that very same keep to try and dethrone. Really no surprise. I did lol when EP pushed DC at Alessia when DC was trying to dethrone on Tuesday. Would have served both EP and DC better if EP punched a hole in the opposite side of Alessia.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since I wasn't on last night, I can't speak to those battles but Tuesday night when AD was down to the final Emp keep, I kind of think it's silly not to assume that everyone is going to faction stack on the last Emp keep to try and retain Emp as long as possible. Likewise, opposing factions are likely going to faction stack on that very same keep to try and dethrone. Really no surprise. I did lol when EP pushed DC at Alessia when DC was trying to dethrone on Tuesday. Would have served both EP and DC better if EP punched a hole in the opposite side of Alessia.

I think this is entirely fair.

If I were to guess, I'd say tempers are a little high because the faction stack didn't materialize for AD last night--but that's hardly predictable on the part of anybody heading to Alessia to dethrone. Hard to blame people for expecting another fight like had occurred the previous night.

While I had fun on Monday, I do kinda dislike AD having the daycap emp--when EP was doing it, they didn't really defend and we could usually get small stuff going an hour or two into primetime. AD is actually defending emp, which makes prime zergier. Vivec-lite is an appropriate description.