The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

I always found dagger underwhelming.

Keep an eye for the Psijiic skill Imbued weapons. Adds x phys damage on next LA for 2s. A melee stam spammable for classes that don't have one.

My DW sDK might just burst harder than 2h ever could.

Honestly I completely forgot about the Psijic order skill line, haha. Has anyone posted screen shots / info on the tool tip for the skills?

*EDIT*
    Did some searching and found a video. Looks like the ability cost 2.5k stam and light attacks deal an additonal 6.8k damage.
    Edited by BaylorCorvette on April 17, 2018 8:19PM
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Apoxsee , I'm only sticking with him for the kids. He never listened to .38 Special.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke did over here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/407069/pts-update-18-feedback-thread-for-psijic-order-skill-line/p2

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020507/uploads/editor/d5/6400v2yobbw5.png

Just kidding. Melee isn't even a requirement, lol.

Tooltip relative to a med armor bowblade, I guess. But you get the idea.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its amazing to me that when I can play ESO; I often will log in and actually PvP 1 or 2 times a week in Shor and otherwise not think much of it; but this week when my computer is down I am going insane! I think its how I am used to tinkering with my builds and without the PC, I've had time to sit and think about it but not do it.

Trying to get tomorrow off work as thats when the last of my parts are supposed to arrive. Going to be like:
    giphy.gif
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP group shamelessly emp trading on Shor the past few days off hours. Not even fighting just pvdoor, disappear then come back again when no ones on to camp keeps. You know who you are. Shame on you.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    EP group shamelessly emp trading on Shor the past few days off hours. Not even fighting just pvdoor, disappear then come back again when no ones on to camp keeps. You know who you are. Shame on you.

Since I've been on Shor in the past like 2-3 months, I do not recall an EP emp that was crowned on normal hours. Furthermore, of the recent EP emps I only recall one that actively attempted to defend their emp keeps during peak hours.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I mind about PvDoor emps is when they PvDoor and leave. I've got no problem pushing for a dethrone, but all these dethrones are pretty boring gameplay because the group just ghosts the server. Then again, that's their right and they put in the effort to get that emp. So strange to me to do it for a dye and a costume to never play as emp, but I guess that's why I don't just PvDoor and PvE.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Emperor mechanic, at least on Shor, feels unnecessary. I really think they should convert the mechanic to something else entirely. Something that would incentivize PvP, of course but ultimately keep the emperor mechanic on a campaign where populations during all time zones discourage flipping.

I have high hopes for the changes next patch i that:

increased guard strength - this is going to discourage "preppers" - the small group that wraps a keep to cut off transit, or attack home keep resources to draw away emperor ring defenses etc

increased score for scrolls - if a group is pushing for emp, may not ignore a scroll run group now because scrolls offer the most points in a campagin

increased siege dmg against siege - defenders can truly deter an emp push zerg which slows down the overall process flow of emp pushes.

just to name a few. I hope the combination of these things at least slows the roll for emp pushes BUt it doesnt address emping on off hours. the fact that there are off hours on Shor to me is the argument against an emperor mechanic on the campaign.

Flipping is something i'd consider "not working as intended" or "overperforming"
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    I have high hopes for the changes next patch i that:

increased guard strength - this is going to discourage "preppers" - the small group that wraps a keep to cut off transit, or attack home keep resources to draw away emperor ring defenses etc
    The flip side of this is that if I take an enemy home resource to draw away defenders, I now have more potent "allies" in the NPCs I get. Them being stronger doesn't deter me from taking those enemy resources, because I don't expect any defenders on the resource when I'm taking it, but they do help me after I flip it.
    increased score for scrolls - if a group is pushing for emp, may not ignore a scroll run group now because scrolls offer the most points in a campagin

I'd agree--IF people start caring about campaign scores. But I don't really know anyone who does, so I don't see the scroll scoring changing all that much.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d take the cosmetics off emp and put a them on PvP rank and just leave the skill line for emps so the ones that go for it are going to want to PvP and defend it.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I’d take the cosmetics off emp and put a them on PvP rank and just leave the skill line for emps so the ones that go for it are going to want to PvP and defend it.

ooooo yeah this is a good idea - its strange Emperor gives you a costume, and Grand Overlord does not. .
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd agree--IF people start caring about campaign scores. But I don't really know anyone who does, so I don't see the scroll scoring changing all that much.

true - idk i have this nagging feeling people do care about the scoring but youre probably right 100%
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

true - idk i have this nagging feeling people do care about the scoring but youre probably right 100%

I suspect, cannot prove, that true pugs (ungrouped or comm-less zone grouped players) tend to view score as a guideline on what objectives they should hit.

...but those are the types of groups that already have a scroll fetish. So we'll see!
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect, cannot prove, that true pugs (ungrouped or comm-less zone grouped players) tend to view score as a guideline on what objectives they should hit.

...but those are the types of groups that already have a scroll fetish. So we'll see!

honestly, you'd be surprised how many players dont even know what the scoring is. I had to explain several times what a home keep bonus was which led to an entire explanation of the bonuses page in game
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

honestly, you'd be surprised how many players dont even know what the scoring is. I had to explain several times what a home keep bonus was which led to an entire explanation of the bonuses page in game

That is true. Or the number of people who are kinda surprised that a scroll=random lumbermill when it comes to score (currently).

One thing I DO think will lead to some interesting changes are the new quests next patch. The "capture all 3 towns" quest, in particular, promises to keep town PvP popping a bit as it'll be one of the easiest dailies to smash out.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I DO think will lead to some interesting changes are the new quests next patch. The "capture all 3 towns" quest, in particular, promises to keep town PvP popping a bit as it'll be one of the easiest dailies to smash out.

I think people will try and take the outlier keeps that no one goes to, until pvpers catch on to the easy ap and subsequent D ticks - its going to be glorious!!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The flip side of this is that if I take an enemy home resource to draw away defenders, I now have more potent "allies" in the NPCs I get. Them being stronger doesn't deter me from taking those enemy resources, because I don't expect any defenders on the resource when I'm taking it, but they do help me after I flip it.
    Yup, and as someone that is usually solo or with 3-4 people and almost always going deep into enemy territory I like this overall.
    Honestly, I myself (and when I run with a couple friends) try to base our AP farming around actually being productive for campaign scoring. For instance, a lot of the time (not always) if we (AD) is in first and second place is close in score and third place is not in the running, we will almost always try and base our AP farming off the enemy faction that is second. Taking their resources and keeps. Also I do keep an eye on eval. I won't abandon great PvP for the eval points, but if things are kind of slow and eval is in ~10 minutes, we will straight up capture as many resources as possible. Doing so almost always guarantees people will come out and fight too.

I realize a lot of people don't play this way and our direct impact is likely negligible in a weeks worth of scoring, but at least it is something.

For the life of me I never understood why ZoS made all objectives one point. Why go for a scroll or keep when a resource will contribute just the same. At least making the scrolls worth more is a step in the right direction. I would still like to see the keeps worth more, at least as much as three resources (minimum).

I really like this as well. If they want to get cosmetic stuff, grind AP faction rank. Sure they can technically still do that without doing actual PvP but I don't think it would be nearly as bad/annoying as Emp.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I think people will try and take the outlier keeps that no one goes to, until pvpers catch on to the easy ap and subsequent D ticks - its going to be glorious!!

And I'll be able to continue roleplaying as the semi-AFK defender of Vlastrus!

It's not griefing if it's in character!
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @technohic , I love that idea. I would be hard-pressed to imagine folks coming in for emp otherwise.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For the life of me I never understood why ZoS made all objectives one point. Why go for a scroll or keep when a resource will contribute just the same. At least making the scrolls worth more is a step in the right direction. I would still like to see the keeps worth more, at least as much as three resources (minimum).
    Way back they were worth more — can’t remember if it was 10 points before or something else but yeah, kind of a no brainer change.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @technohic , I love that idea. I would be hard-pressed to imagine folks coming in for emp otherwise.

Yeah. I’ll never get it either way but the last thing I want is to get into the large Scale fights that sometimes are fun but often laggy and boring, help push for emp or rush for to defend it only to find out whoever got/had it, just wanted the cosmetics and abandoned and is really no use for the faction. Probably even pvdooring all night to the enemy gates
    Leaving it now with the other side wanting payback and the emp farmers Zerg nowhere to be found to deal with the consequences. I know I’ve been on board to Zerg down any AD I saw after having them do it.
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭

Why would people like this change? All it does is make smallscale more of a pain to find since going to tri-keeps and flipping lvl 5 resources to get away from the zerg will be a pain. Not to mention if you're trying to solo...
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylphie wrote: »

Why would people like this change? All it does is make smallscale more of a pain to find since going to tri-keeps and flipping lvl 5 resources to get away from the zerg will be a pain. Not to mention if you're trying to solo...

I mean, I think a lot depends on how exactly it works out--at this point it's pretty easy to solo a resource as long as you don't get boned by permabubble/negate carpets, and even then it is usually no problem, just slower. As long as they are still soloable, I won't mind it taking another 30 seconds to flip a resource if it means I have stronger "allies" to defend the resource.

Basically, from my point of view, this looks like a good thing for the old "flip and defend a resource solo" thing.

It's definitely a negative for trying to resource-lock a keep as a solo player--that could be a big negative. But it really depends on exactly how buffed they are. I'm not bothering with PTS cycle so I'm cautiously optimistic. Especially since allegedly guard eclipse will actually grant CC immunity, which is a pretty big buff for solo taking resources.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylphie wrote: »

Well, im not too worried about it because the way I interpreted Wheeler's statement as, the were going to buff the guards to Sotah Sil dificulties.

And i can solo guards in noCP. But it really is a "we'll have to wait and see" thing.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they could scale guards based on the amount of enemy players present. Maybe if there was one tower NPC that blew a horn to summon reinforcements.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish they could scale guards based on the amount of enemy players present. Maybe if there was one tower NPC that blew a horn to summon reinforcements.

Give all NPCs Inevitable Detonation : P
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL and watch it turn into spam like their version of eclipse.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Okay, this would actually be hilarious. Can you imagine if you push in a breach, and all the NPCs spam inev det...

...and your group's purgemonkey makes sure they all go off at the same time!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, this would actually be hilarious. Can you imagine if you push in a breach, and all the NPCs spam inev det...

...and your group's purgemonkey makes sure they all go off at the same time!

Better equip them with Vicious death as well. Would be hillarious but @ZOS_BrianWheeler would never hear the end of it.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I vote that next year, Cyrodiil guards all get to wear Vicious Death on April 1.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.