Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to make you more angry by risking giving biographical data, but I'm playing more often.

Edit: @Stridig , I'm mostly there for the emotes. /Bullhorns come at me. /getout go away.
    Edited by Adenoma on April 11, 2018 3:19PM
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I don't want to make you more angry by risking giving biographical data
    dont worry, im sure youll come back hours later with a better response.

but I'm playing more often.

You need to keep up with your lies better:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5025081/#Comment_5025081

I played for like 45 minutes yesterday until I got fed up with AD’s zerging. Awful pvp. The event really caters to people who want to do that because they’ll log to the dominant faction so they can safely do their town quests.
    Edited by Rickter on April 11, 2018 3:24PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

Guys like @BaylorCorvette , you're new to Shor, you dont have the full context. In the time youve known me (what? 1 month?) have you seen me complain about playstyles?

My post wasn't directed at anyone specifically. I'm just making a general statement about how I feel towards Cyrodiil combat, tactics, community, etc. While I'm not a Shor native and can't speak to the history of the campaign, I've been in Shor for a couple months now and in that short time I've had significantly more fun here than I've ever had in the 2+ years in Vivec.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t play much that day. You’re right. I didn’t have a problem with zergs as a playstyle - it just made pvp scarce for me so I logged off and did something else I found fun.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Guys like @BaylorCorvette , you're new to Shor, you dont have the full context. In the time youve known me (what? 1 month?) have you seen me complain about playstyles?

My post wasn't directed at anyone specifically. I'm just making a general statement about how I feel towards Cyrodiil combat, tactics, community, etc. While I'm not a Shor native and can't speak to the history of the campaign, I've been in Shor for a couple months now and in that short time I've had significantly more fun here than I've ever had in the 2+ years in Vivec.

And why do you think that is? Im not trying to attack you or anything. I like you and the Dominion Special Forces (lol) alot. Just trying to get you to see past the Adenoma Crusade.

Shor's history is rich albeit humble. Back then, there were three faction reps, Me for DC, Brookus and Qaevir and Montayva for EP and Durham/Takuto for AD. those were the three major groups vying for map play on a nightly basis for over 8 months as no one at the time would take Shor seriously That was it. those were the glory days.

We had REGULAR 6-10 man bouts nightly. But i will admit, Requiem fielded more players, but we were also the least experienced between the three groups. Outside of that, Dreadlords ran a regular EP group that has grown, and I See Blubies ran a primarily DC group however, they had several members playing multiple factions and they erred on the small scale side of things.

For months, the three factions worked together to have a fair and clean playing environment. We had an unspoken charter, a code of honor so to speak. for months. nearly a year. That right there is the foundation lain for Shor.

Shor is still a great campaign. and its all grown up now. 2018 laid a new foundation and one that Im not really involved in its creation. Shor is its own beast now, but it still holds a special place in my heart because we were there from day 1, ground zero, making a better world all starry eyed and enthusiastic.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isnt even the first "Official" thread for it. the other one is archived in the main PvP sub forum. One was created here, in the Campaigns sub forum to adhere to the expectations placed on the Sotha Sil Saga threads.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have to disagree about "certain groups" having a play style that can't be defended against. The last time I ran in an organized group in Shor, we agreed as a group that we would seek out TM and fight them. Not because we thought we could beat them, but because it was fun trying to figure out how to counter their group. We shared whispers back and forth and not a single person was rude at all. They were literally the only group equal to our size that was competitive. We also did quite well in the engagements with them. Get farmed or get kills. We chose to get a few kills. They were not pushing objectives and we had to actually seek them out to engage. I don't really think it's a big issue. Annoying yes. But motivated groups willing to adjust on the go can have a ton of fun fighting groups like that. If their members were rude I may have a different opinion. But they weren't.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    I would have to disagree about "certain groups" having a play style that can't be defended against. The last time I ran in an organized group in Shor, we agreed as a group that we would seek out TM and fight them. Not because we thought we could beat them, but because it was fun trying to figure out how to counter their group. We shared whispers back and forth and not a single person was rude at all. They were literally the only group equal to our size that was competitive. We also did quite well in the engagements with them. Get farmed or get kills. We chose to get a few kills. They were not pushing objectives and we had to actually seek them out to engage. I don't really think it's a big issue. Annoying yes. But motivated groups willing to adjust on the go can have a ton of fun fighting groups like that. If their members were rude I may have a different opinion. But they weren't.

I never said they were rude. It was just my opinion over 6 months ago, that they behaved irresponsibly.

We've fought them plenty since then. Never really fared any better though. We've talked about it, and my group isnt really interested in building to fight that style of play. Yes its gimping us. Yes its something we have to accept. Yes we've accepted it. Plenty of other ways to PvP and as a guild we've been having a blast staying off the inner ring, away from zergs, and in IC/BGs.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys I really dont want to bring all this up again. I dont even care right now. Ive accepted all of it. Ive moved on. I have my lasting opinion about it, but its an opinion. Adenoma needs to stop taking pot shots and bringing it up. this is 6months or longer drama.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't mean to make it sound like you thought they were rude. I was just noting that in my experience they were not. It was mainly to strengthen my point that I don't feel they, or their group were being malicious or playing in a way that couldn't be countered. Most people die to those types of groups because they either stand still too long or run from them. We learned that by running THROUGH them, we could survive and reposition ourselves. Made for a ton of fun. We didn't change our gear nor did we change our group composition. For us, having fun isn't always about winning. We like to learn as well. I'm simply making a counter argument to the discussion around groups who can't be defended against.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    I didn't mean to make it sound like you thought they were rude. I was just noting that in my experience they were not. It was mainly to strengthen my point that I don't feel they, or their group were being malicious or playing in a way that couldn't be countered. Most people die to those types of groups because they either stand still too long or run from them. We learned that by running THROUGH them, we could survive and reposition ourselves. Made for a ton of fun. We didn't change our gear nor did we change our group composition. For us, having fun isn't always about winning. We like to learn as well. I'm simply making a counter argument to the discussion around groups who can't be defended against.

oh yeah, for sure man. we've tried everything shy of changing our group comp and builds. spreading out, focusing healers, focusing destro poppers, running through them, etc. thing is, if you survive the initial destro bomb, they "strategically retreat" whilst light attacking to rebuild ulti and repeat. chasing them gets you killed.

in any case, the conclusion for us anyway, was to just do something else. I BG, small scale, medium scale, and duel every day. Its beyond common for at least 4 Requiem members, after open world, to port to Alikr and duel for another 30-40 minutes. If we wanted to build for that style of play, we would, but thats the beauty of ESO, there are a lot of other ways to PvP. destro meta is not the only form of competitive play. for open world i do think its the highest form of large group play but i dont like large groups. not for almost a year have i run a large group. So why put in the time to craft that kind of group comp?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just run through like @Stridig says. You’ve effectively doubled your velocity. Then root them. Call out their timing when they prox up. Get healers low, root, force them to mist and not receive heals, then time burst.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Wait wut? Poisons over ride immunities? Is this for real?

Yar.

Here's an example from today.

Forward momentum "immunity" is active, root gets applied.

PSelsXX.jpg
    Edited by Grimlok_S on April 11, 2018 6:41PM
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

Wait wut? Poisons over ride immunities? Is this for real?

Yar.

Here's an example from today.

Forward momentum "immunity" is active, root gets applied.

PSelsXX.jpg

This would explain what happened to me yesterday. Headed up resource tower stairs, shuffle to clear snare, hit with bow and immediately snares again. That’s not ok. Damn it ZOS can you make it any harder for solo players. I’m actually starting to feel like shuffle also needs a buff in terms of snare immunity duration.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish Vivec had this level of drama. So jealous.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/NR1BysTOv1I

My first ever PvP montage featuring stamsorc. Took a lot of hours editing but it was fun haha
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I cant take it anymore, snares are out of control, snare immunity from shuffle only works like half the time, snipe spam with defile CP is so *** OP, zergs are rampant in Shor, and Im in danger of putting my foot through my monitor if I get Xv1 ganked one more time. I swear no one even tries to learn to play this game. You see the same names running solo/small scale since the beginning of time pretty much and you see the same names week after month running in giant zergs. 99% of players just choose whatever is cheesiest and go with that. Rant over, I miss Shor when it had no population at all.

You miss when it was easier to PvDoor?
    Edited by StaticWave on April 12, 2018 5:41AM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    I cant take it anymore, snares are out of control, snare immunity from shuffle only works like half the time, snipe spam with defile CP is so *** OP, zergs are rampant in Shor, and Im in danger of putting my foot through my monitor if I get Xv1 ganked one more time. I swear no one even tries to learn to play this game. You see the same names running solo/small scale since the beginning of time pretty much and you see the same names week after month running in giant zergs. 99% of players just choose whatever is cheesiest and go with that. Rant over, I miss Shor when it had no population at all.

You miss when it was easier to PvDoor?

Just when the only fights were small scale, lag was really non existent, and it was all good natured stuff. No toxic zerg tactics.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of Shor and Vivec currently red. What has this world come to.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We have a saying here in the South eastern part of America: "If you dont like the weather, just wait another 5 minutes"

I'd say the same applies to the campaigns.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yellow emp.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We have a saying here in the South eastern part of America: "If you dont like the weather, just wait another 5 minutes"

I'd say the same applies to the campaigns.

We share the same saying in the Notheast. And you’re absolutely right, it switched to yellow shortly after lol.
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been almost a week straight with AD having the whole emp ring every morning/day when I try to PvP with so called "good pvp Guilds" pvdooring the entire map.
    Time to switch to EP.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

We share the same saying in the Notheast. And you’re absolutely right, it switched to yellow shortly after lol.

I have heard that quote claimed as regional in literally every part of the United States. It makes me irrationally mad. It's weather. It changes everywhere, sometimes quickly.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyRecluse , you haven't lived in the Bay Area I guess. Their weatherman has the easiest job in the world. Same stuff, different day.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have heard that quote claimed as regional in literally every part of the United States. It makes me irrationally mad. It's weather. It changes everywhere, sometimes quickly.

yeah but like, for instance here: yesterday was cloudy, drizzly, and in the 50's. Today, clear skies, 80 degrees. Just sayin.
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    Been almost a week straight with AD having the whole emp ring every morning/day when I try to PvP with so called "good pvp Guilds" pvdooring the entire map.
    Time to switch to EP.

what good pvp guilds? on AD? (not trolling i just dont know of many AD guilds)
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah but like, for instance here: yesterday was cloudy, drizzly, and in the 50's. Today, clear skies, 80 degrees. Just sayin.
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    Time to switch to EP.

what good pvp guilds? on AD? (not trolling i just dont know of many AD guilds)

Thats not a weather change. Week or so ago, we had sunny and 60, then thunderstorms, then it snowed 24 hours later. Was in the 70s today. Will be in the 30s and snow on Monday

And for AD guilds; I hear belly aching in my PvE guild when we see Known Shitters or Animosity. Outside of that, we every once in a while get the spill over from Vivec.
    Edited by technohic on April 14, 2018 3:45AM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shor's history is rich albeit humble. Back then, there were three faction reps, Me for DC, Brookus and Qaevir and Montayva for EP and Durham/Takuto for AD. those were the three major groups vying for map play on a nightly basis for over 8 months as no one at the time would take Shor seriously That was it. those were the glory days.

I miss those days. When we moved to AD after EP started getting too strong, I think we had more fun even though by then my friends were quitting ESO and we were usually fielding 3 or 4. AD people were mostly just nicer and more helpful.

Logged in for a couple of nights lately and EP zone chat was nauseatingly toxic. I would say GF to Josh but he destroyed me without half trying. :D Next time AD was zerging.

Who knows, maybe I'll dust off my DC sorc and prep for those juicy Deathmatches next patch.
    Edited by NBrookus on April 14, 2018 4:38AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else very excited for four pages of PvP patch notes? Cant wait for Monday! Combat changes also, but it’s been how long since we’ve had more than a short paragraph or two on PvP?
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joshlenoir , I don't think that there is any guild that's doing it. It's literally Blue Canoe saying "type X in zone" and getting more folks to play. They dethroned yesterday with probably 7-9 people and only 1-3 EP showed up to defend any keeps while there was 2 bar EP pop all morning. All of them were off getting their anniversary boxes at the towns.

Pop bars are super misleading right now because the entire pop is off at towns. It's just a matter of luck that AD has about double the number of people than DC/EP that are interested in actual PvP.